Author Topic: TAR 20 Ep 5 "Uglier Than A Mud Rail Fence" (Bavaria, Germany)  (Read 67975 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 20 Ep 5 "Uglier Than A Mud Rail Fence" (Bavaria, Germany)
« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2012, 11:14:30 PM »
Thanks Kirby!! I have them now, working on them!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2012, 12:10:15 AM »
ALL the promos are up now in post 2!

Caps later, :nitenite:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2012, 12:34:39 AM »
Mark got a title quote!

Offline TAR Fanatic

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #128 on: March 16, 2012, 01:57:02 AM »
In the new Gingerbread House Promos, as they approach the witch, Mark and Rachel are carrying the gnomes, but both Bopper and Brendon are carrying something also. I think they are carrying the pieces of gingerbread since they already seem to have them and the witch isn't handing them anything.
I also think that Brendon has the gingerbread in his arms as he slides down the hill, which would mean that they are heading toward the H&G house, rather than away from it when he slides.
Doing my part to preserve a fragile existence

Offline TAR Fanatic

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2012, 02:55:32 AM »
Could be talking about walking instead of riding/driving.

In the other clip its hard to tell if bopper and mark are there with the others or if it is spliced together, but at 57 seconds I see a guy in a blue jacket behind kerri and stacey.  Could be them.

I agree with Vanessa and Ralph that she's mad about walking vs riding since production makes a point of showing a carriage.

I also saw the blue jacket behind K/S at the gingerbread task.

I also noticed the shoulder of a blue jacket next to Bopper in the cab at the end of Promo #2. It's not visible in the caps, only in the video. If that's Mark sitting in the backseat next to Bopper, it means they're in a cab, not self-driving, for what it's worth.
Doing my part to preserve a fragile existence

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #130 on: March 16, 2012, 08:01:05 AM »
Why is Ralph making such a big deal about carrying her jacket? :lol:

And did Brenchel bring those hats? :lol3:

Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2012, 09:03:53 AM »
In the gingerbread promos, Rachel said, "I always pick the hard ones." I think the gingerbread house is a detour. This refers to the watermelons over the harp (they chose watermelons but decided to leave) and the salami detour.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2012, 09:14:14 AM »
I'm pretty sure the detour is Gnome Beard or Gingerbread. We have seen Joey & Danny and Dave and Rachel do the beard and Brenchel, Mark & Bopper, and Kerri & Stacy do the gingerbread. I have not seen anyone do both in the promos. Plus Rachel (BR) said, "I always pick the hard ones," in my thought referring to the hard detours that they have done in the past.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2012, 09:15:21 AM »
I'm pretty sure the detour is Gnome Beard or Gingerbread. We have seen Joey & Danny and Dave and Rachel do the beard and Brenchel, Mark & Bopper, and Kerri & Stacy do the gingerbread. I have not seen anyone do both in the promos. Plus Rachel (BR) said, "I always pick the hard ones," in my thought referring to the hard detours that they have done in the past.

That sounds right to me too. The curling seems like the roadblock and it must be first because everywhere else they already have the gnome.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2012, 10:15:55 AM »
Notice what the racers are not carrying as they walk up to Neuschwanstein Castle...

Say backpack!

Which makes me think the castle is not the pitstop. Don't they have to carry their backpacks to the pitstop?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 10:52:30 AM by walkingpneumonia »
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2012, 11:02:54 AM »
Don't they have to carry their backpacks to the pitstop?

Reading this sentence made me think of Jonathan & Victoria in Berlin! :lol: :lol3:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2012, 12:35:45 PM »
Notice whats the racers are not carrying as they walk up to Neuschwanstein Castle...

Say backpack!

Which makes me think the castle is not the pitstop. Don't they have to carry their backpacks to the pitstop?

Not necessarily.

I say YES. :)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2012, 12:43:16 PM »

I agree on the Gingerbread, def a detour. I think the beards are farther than usual for a second Detour option, I am inclined to say TOO far right now....

Perhaps someone could check on driving times between H&G house and the Castle and the Curling and the beards, based on our assumed locations?? Sounds like the yodelling is right in Oberammergau which would be consistent with a speedbump. The only other thing we have is curling as a detour option perhaps?? Since it is also in town...we THINK.

IF Beards are an active RI, and Curling, and Gingerbread are Detours, that prob leaves the Castle as the RB..... ??? with an as yet unknown Pitstop...  or the other way around, :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2012, 12:54:04 PM »
Well...so much for that!! :lol3:

New press pics confirm BEARD as Detour B, and Yodelling As Speedbump!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #139 on: March 16, 2012, 01:10:55 PM »

Uglier Than A Mud Rail Fence (Bavaria, Germany)"-In Detour B, Army couple Rachel and Dave (center) must style the beard to meet the approval of the World Champion Beard Meister in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE Sunday March 18

"Uglier Than A Mud Rail Fence (Bavaria, Germany)"-In Detour B, Friends Joey "Fitness" (left) and Danny (right) must style the beard to meet the approval of the World Champion Beard Meister in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE Sunday March 18

"Uglier Than A Mud Rail Fence (Bavaria, Germany)"-In Detour A, Cousins Kerri (left) and Stacy (right) must complete construction on a ginergerbread house in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE Sunday March 18

"Uglier Than A Mud Rail Fence (Bavaria, Germany)"-In the Speed Bump, Best friends Bopper (left) and Mark (right) must dress in traditional costume and yodel with the Happy Bavarians Band in order to continue on with the Race on THE AMAZING RACE Sunday March 18
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #140 on: March 16, 2012, 01:18:04 PM »
Kerri and Stacey reached the Detour before Mark and Bopper and Brendon and Rachel too.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #141 on: March 16, 2012, 01:22:36 PM »
Based on??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: March 16, 2012, 01:57:28 PM »
Looks like Rachel is carrying a Route Info envelope as she runs away from the Hansel and Gretel house. But, it looks like Brendon is carrying the basket of gingerbread to complete the house. Confusing.
Here is some speculation on my part - maybe teams go to the "Little Red Riding Hood" house to get the basket of gingerbread (for the grandmother/witch), then have to go to the Hansel and Gretel house. Two of the teams get lost...

And it looks like there is some writing on the bottom of the gnome.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 02:09:36 PM by walkingpneumonia »

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #143 on: March 16, 2012, 02:42:09 PM »
And You see Brendon carrying the basket to the gingerbread task , so that must be where they are heading . Would they have a route info clue if they're heading to a detour ?

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: March 16, 2012, 02:47:29 PM »
And You see Brendon carrying the basket to the gingerbread task , so that must be where they are heading . Would they have a route info clue if they're heading to a detour ?
But the thing is - they are running away from the Hansel and Gretel house...

Offline TarJunkie999

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #145 on: March 16, 2012, 02:57:40 PM »
 :umn: Interesting, in the new previews of the beard task. we see not only the wappen for Unterammergau on the wall but also covering the lectern on the stage behind them.  Just saying... beards might be in Unterammergau, and not Oberammergau.  just saying....  :lol:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: March 16, 2012, 03:53:49 PM »
Why is Ralph making such a big deal about carrying her jacket? :lol:

And did Brenchel bring those hats? :lol3:

I am not sure that cold weather gear is carried by the racers. I have the impression, not substantiated by any hard information, that World Race Productions provides cold weather gear just for the few legs that need. If this were not true, the backpacks would have to be huge.

Offline TarJunkie999

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #147 on: March 16, 2012, 04:30:10 PM »
 :lol:  Interesting, Brenchel are in some sort of wine cellar / larder.   :duno:  wonder if the other confessionals are in the same location.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #148 on: March 16, 2012, 05:05:29 PM »
I thought we already determined that the beards are in Unterammergau?? It is the curling (presumed) and the Gingerbread and the yodelling that are in Oberammergau. That is what was throwing us off on calling the beards a Detour, it is further away than most Detours.

:umn: Interesting, in the new previews of the beard task. we see not only the wappen for Unterammergau on the wall but also covering the lectern on the stage behind them.  Just saying... beards might be in Unterammergau, and not Oberammergau.  just saying....  :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARismyfavoriteshow

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You can call me Sam
« Reply #149 on: March 16, 2012, 07:41:08 PM »
Hope someone can find the rink!

There is a BIG one in Fussen (BLZ) and another in on Malensteinweg in Unterammergau....
From a logistical point of view, I think the outdoor rink on Malensteinweg in Oberammergau would work best. Its walking distance from the Hansel and Gretel house.
I can't find any photos of it in action though.
The Oberammergau web site says the outdoor rink is behind the tennis courts.

I'm pretty sure this could be the correct location. I did some research and a map on Oberammergau's website says the rink features curling and a natural ice rink. I can't remember if anyone has said that yet.

I thought we already determined that the beards are in Unterammergau?? It is the curling (presumed) and the Gingerbread and the yodelling that are in Oberammergau. That is what was throwing us off on calling the beards a Detour, it is further away than most Detours.

I'm confused how a couple miles is really that far away. I'm not sure how close most detours are, but the two towns don't seem that far.

Also, it seems to me like the pit stop locations aren't usually mentioned at all in the promo videos. So it could be something that we have no idea about, because I really am doubting the castle is it.