Author Topic: TAR 20 Ep 5 "Uglier Than A Mud Rail Fence" (Bavaria, Germany)  (Read 67970 times)

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
Re: TAR 20 Ep 5 "Uglier Than A Mud Rail Fence" (Bavaria, Germany)
« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2012, 08:48:34 AM »
I just want to know does this look like a train platform to anyone?? If so, it might mean we see trains!!  :lol3:

:groan: :groan: :groan:

It looks quite possible to me, but it's hard to tell for sure! :lol:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2012, 11:33:28 AM »

BTW. If we see the curling as an Active Route Info, is the Gnome ANOTHER Route Info task??

I thought the curling and the gnome were the same task not two different ones.

The curling could be the roadblock and the castle is an indoor pitstop. They have been making a big deal out of this castle from the very first press release though.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2012, 11:51:12 AM »
To those who doubt that its the Hansel and Gretel house in Oberammergau:

(sorry, I know the image is large.)
BTW - I forgive the doubters...
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2012, 01:11:11 PM »
Good!! Okay, that's what I needed! :kuss:

Let's look though at WHAT the H&G task is....it is a pretty long way from the Beard, and USUALLY Detour options are closer...

SO either the Gingerbread or the Beard may not be a Detour then?? One could be an Active RI?? And if the presumed speedbump (spec) is also in Oberammergau then we may need to go with Oberammergau as the Detour option.

Thoughts??

STill want to know where they GET the gnome, lol! Suppose it is something like this??

Go to Unterammergau, choose a beard, make it look like the gnome, when the beardee is satisfied, he will give you your next clue and a GNOME??
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 04:18:25 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2012, 01:17:35 PM »
I just want to know does this look like a train platform to anyone?? If so, it might mean we see trains!!  :lol3:

You were close - they are across the street from a miniature golf course in Oberammergau. Looks like Brendon and Rachel are taking a rather circuitous route from the Hansel and Gretel house to the ice rink/curling task.

BTW - I'm not sure if Brendon is carrying a gnome or the gingerbread house they just built.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2012, 01:21:31 PM »
I need a MAP.   :colors
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARismyfavoriteshow

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You can call me Sam
« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2012, 01:25:12 PM »
I'm wondering why they seem to have that gnome with them at all the tasks. I know you must take it with you to the pitstop, but teams are carrying it to the gingerbread detour, to the castle, plus they're curling with it. It's kinda throwing me off as to figuring out where they get it.
I'm thinking the castle is not the pitstop, simply because Vanessa and Ralph and Bopper and Mark are walking there in the promo. It just seems like it's a RI.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2012, 01:33:51 PM »
Oh I have it now!! The black is an icy street, not a step up to a platform!! :yess: That's what I needed!!

This is the best cap that shows what is in his arms, looks like house maybe but WHY would he carry that somewhere? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2012, 01:58:18 PM »
Could it be that they get the gnome at the curling task , the house at the gingerbread task and have to carry these item's with them to the pitstop (somewhere in the castle) ? I'm an am amateur , so be gentle  :hrt:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2012, 02:04:14 PM »
I need a MAP.   :colors

I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map.

Offline TarJunkie999

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #110 on: March 15, 2012, 02:49:16 PM »
 :tup:  good job, WP
BTW, did you include yourself in that group of doubters?   :lol:  I recall you originally poo-poo'ed the notion.   ;)    :keeta:

Here's a side view of H&G haus.  Just confirms what you already know. 

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: March 15, 2012, 03:31:07 PM »
I do not think that Neuschwanstein Castle is the pitstop, since is was the pitstop for The Amazing Race 3 leg 7. I also think that they will drive from Turin to Bavaria, to showcase Ford.
I just wonder if the pitstop is in Munich, like is was in The Amazing Race 9 leg 3. Some cool places could be Nymphenburg Palace, Olympiasee in Olympiapark or the Allianz Arena.
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline SilasKTsang

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #112 on: March 15, 2012, 03:39:38 PM »
Regarding flights, the speculation thread has a discussion going about maybe teams drove from Turin; appears driving might have been faster.

good point. it's 240 miles away. About a 4 hour drive. BUT...that would be so much to ask of these people. I could imagine people getting totally lost. 

Offline SilasKTsang

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #113 on: March 15, 2012, 03:47:31 PM »

No. I can see how you would think that.

Offline TarJunkie999

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2012, 03:50:04 PM »
 :groan:  Munich is a bit of a stretch.  How about something closer, like Linderhof Palace, in Ettal.  It's smack-dab in the middle of all the task locations, and has a Mad King Ludwig connection.  And we know how WRP likes castles/palaces for pitstops.   :lol:  But this is all speculation, and we have other threds to discuss that.  Back to spoiling.   ;)

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: March 15, 2012, 03:53:42 PM »
:groan:  Munich is a bit of a stretch.  How about something closer, like Linderhof Palace, in Ettal.  It's smack-dab in the middle of all the task locations, and has a Mad King Ludwig connection.  And we know how WRP likes castles/palaces for pitstops.   :lol:  But this is all speculation, and we have other threds to discuss that.  Back to spoiling.   ;)
This site is also speculation. I think that seems like a great spec.!
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #116 on: March 15, 2012, 04:24:10 PM »
Thanks for helping with my optical illusion! I did everything but stand on my head to look at that! :lol3:

We have NO evidence of any other locations yet...but I love the idea of Linderhof, was just reading about that one!!

And spec is fine here, this thread is to thrash out all of the Ep 5 details, spec is how we get there!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2012, 05:20:23 PM »
Go to Unterammergau, choose a beard, make it look like the gnome, when the beardee is satisfied, he will give you your next clue and a GNOME??

Typically the next clue would be written on the bottom of the travelocity gnome. I have never seen a team get both a clue AND a gnome. Additionally, since we do not have any place that shows the teams do NOT have gnome, is it possible they receive the gnome at the pit start?  :duno:

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2012, 08:02:17 PM »
CBS released a couple of new clips today:
One clip is 31 seconds long and shows Vanessa & Ralph walking (and bickering) to Neuschwanstein Castle.  In the clip, Ralph tells Vanessa, "We're three right now" -> currently in 3rd place?

The other clip is 1:21 seconds long and shows Bopper & Mark, Brendan & Rachel, and Kerri & Stacy at the gingerbread house task.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2012, 09:17:32 PM »
Regarding flights, the speculation thread has a discussion going about maybe teams drove from Turin; appears driving might have been faster.

good point. it's 240 miles away. About a 4 hour drive. BUT...that would be so much to ask of these people. I could imagine people getting totally lost. 
SilasK,

I would love to know the source of your information from Fussen to Munich. My source says it is "86.4 miles. It takes 2 hours by train and about 1 hour and 40" minutes by car.

Offline TAR Fanatic

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #120 on: March 15, 2012, 09:51:16 PM »
CBS released a couple of new clips today:
One clip is 31 seconds long and shows Vanessa & Ralph walking (and bickering) to Neuschwanstein Castle.  In the clip, Ralph tells Vanessa, "We're three right now" -> currently in 3rd place?

The other clip is 1:21 seconds long and shows Bopper & Mark, Brendan & Rachel, and Kerri & Stacy at the gingerbread house task.
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/video/2210537870/the-amazing-race-bavaria-germany

In this Vanessa/Ralph clip she also refers to "this" as his idea. Does this indicate that the castle was a choice?
Doing my part to preserve a fragile existence

Offline kirby

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #121 on: March 15, 2012, 10:10:00 PM »
Could be talking about walking instead of riding/driving.

In the other clip its hard to tell if bopper and mark are there with the others or if it is spliced together, but at 57 seconds I see a guy in a blue jacket behind kerri and stacey.  Could be them.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #122 on: March 15, 2012, 10:16:07 PM »
Can someone post the link to the other please?? Am having some tech difficulties, may not be able to snag these tonight.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: March 15, 2012, 10:29:39 PM »
Thanks, Kirby. WP definitely nailed down the H-G house  :hoot:; the running caps were, I suppose, because of off-site parking.