Author Topic: Ep 3 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read post 1 !!!**  (Read 40520 times)

Offline Detoured

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: Ep 3 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read post 1 !!!**
« Reply #125 on: March 05, 2012, 04:41:54 AM »
I think that if Dave and Rachel had decided to do the Detour (without the Express Pass), they would've used the Express Pass at the Roadblock to escape the penalty.

What are the exact rules of the Express Pass? How far along in the leg do they have to decide if they want use it? Can they start to sit out their two hour penalty and only play it if they see the last place team approaching the pit stop?

Offline Detoured

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #126 on: March 05, 2012, 04:56:45 AM »
Seriously, Joey and Danny (not that annoying anymore and I give them credit for being "nice" people)

When you say "Joey and Danny", do you mean Joey FITNESS and Danny?   :duno:

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: March 05, 2012, 08:15:44 AM »
I guess I'm the only one who thought the Express Pass was used well. I mean, obviously they should have played it immediately, but they had no idea the detour was going to cost so much time. When they made it to the other side of the detour all the second flight teams were there as well. What if they had as hard a time with this side of the detour as the other side? Whoops! And then comes a two hour penalty?

laimis

« Reply #128 on: March 05, 2012, 08:22:33 AM »
The greeter was very beautiful  :luvya:

Offline milanissimo

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #129 on: March 05, 2012, 09:41:17 AM »
The greeter was very beautiful  :luvya:
She was Fiorella Migliore  Cavendish's Girlfriend.   and beauty queen  :colors :colors

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #130 on: March 05, 2012, 10:07:25 AM »
So Art and JJ SMOKED the entire leg, that's what it was. None of the teams even came close. I feel that this team could actually win the race. They've not been given a really bad edit (although I still don't like them), they work well with each other, and are a really competent team.

I loved this leg's Detour. Both tasks required skill and meticulousness (very important aspects of the race IMO) and can't be completed that quickly. It was a good test of teams' ability to work together calmly, so kudos to the producers for placing two excellent tasks for the Detour.

I was really sad that Elliot and Andrew were eliminated. Three legs in a row, three teams I liked got eliminated. Did I mention I'm not gonna enjoy this season very much? Especially with the blatant dominance of Art and JJ, Rachel and Dave and Brendon and Rachel. Not that it's their fault that they're dominating, but it makes the season so boring and predictable. Ah well.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: March 05, 2012, 10:38:38 AM »
I  will say what several of you have been hinting at. This episode was simply the BEST episode of the Amazing Race ever. The DETOUR options were brutal and so was the ROADBLOCK. The whole episode just had an incredible appeal to it, with lots of loose threads to take up in future episodes (Rachel vs. David, Vanessa vs. Rachel).

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: March 05, 2012, 10:42:07 AM »
It will surprise nobody that Fiorella Migliore has been in 2 movies and has won the Miss Italy in the World 2008 crown for being the most beautiful woman of Italian heritage in the world. I believe it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #133 on: March 05, 2012, 11:56:47 AM »
Seriously, Joey and Danny (not that annoying anymore and I give them credit for being "nice" people)

What I really want to say: What is your problem dude?

But because this is a friendly forum, I shall rephrase myself and say, Do you have a problem with it? :)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #134 on: March 05, 2012, 11:57:49 AM »
Nary and Jaime are the only people who appeal to me right now. :lol:

As usual...

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: March 05, 2012, 12:08:45 PM »
Comments :

Art and JJ

They did an awesome leg. Reminds me of Andy and Tommy in Phuket(1) last race. But that comment about "I love been on the race" it's just momentanious. If they struggle more ahead,they will not be feeling this.

Brendon and Rachel

Besides the fact that i never got his name right,i'm liking them. Rachel did very awesome at the roadblock and detour.

Joey Fitness and Danny

That was a team that I BET we won't see doing a better leg that they did in Paraguay. They did very well on the detour and roadblock,i think they might be the underdogs of this season (besides for this leg's placement)

Bopper and Mark

They didn't got so much airing time. But i'm surprised with them,i expected to see them in the bottom of the pack! Mark smoked the roadblock.

Nary and Jamie

They were persistent,that's good for this race.

Rachel and Dave

How could a team be like...the best one there, and them one leg later,become the worst team in there?

Kerry and Stacey

Nothing to say...no much air time for them today

Vanessa and Ralph

It was a shocker for me seeing Ralph so pacient with Vanessa. That was just awesome of his part. Detour was ridiculous...

Elliot and Andrew

Their elimination was kinda emotional...nothing more than that.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #136 on: March 05, 2012, 12:11:53 PM »
Rachel and Dave had a really bad leg. For some reason the EP was burning a hole in Dave's pocket, he will probably be better off without it. And he had no chance at the roadblock :lol: He couldn't even stand still with it on his head! This season is turning out to be really epic! They have gotten back to really hard tasks and the team dynamics are interesting this season.

In the secret scenes there was some drama about Brenchel telling the cousins that Vanessa was saying bad stuff about them but they couldn't remember what :res: Then Kerri and Stacey were mad at Vanessa and Ralph after that.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 12:33:53 PM by Prophet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #137 on: March 05, 2012, 12:22:29 PM »
Can anyone tell me why did Dave and Rachel not rushed to the pit-stop to check-in in fourth place since it seemed like Nary and Jaime was really like beyond their 3 seconds count at the pit-stop? I believed they could have checked-in fourth but I think Phil did not expect so many teams to check-in together and he didn't call them in!

I didn't get that either :duno: I guess that the on screen graphic timer may not be entirely accurate but it seemed like it took longer than three seconds for the other teams to come.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #138 on: March 05, 2012, 03:57:16 PM »
The most it's going to cost any team (Rachel/Dave) is 2 minutes since the release times typically space teams out by 1 minute each. That means that Mark and Bopper will be released at time x, Nary and Jamie at x + 1 minute and Rachel and Dave x + 2 minutes. However, if seating on flights to Europe are scarce, a 1 minute difference could be significant.

Offline Detoured

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #139 on: March 05, 2012, 07:39:19 PM »

What I really want to say: What is your problem dude?

But because this is a friendly forum, I shall rephrase myself and say, Do you have a problem with it? :)

It was very obviously nothing but a joke... sorry if you somehow took it as something else.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #140 on: March 05, 2012, 07:43:33 PM »
The most it's going to cost any team (Rachel/Dave) is 2 minutes since the release times typically space teams out by 1 minute each. That means that Mark and Bopper will be released at time x, Nary and Jamie at x + 1 minute and Rachel and Dave x + 2 minutes. However, if seating on flights to Europe are scarce, a 1 minute difference could be significant.

Surely a one minute difference could be made up or lost during the transport to the airport.

It would have been really interesting if that had been the elimination moment but it is probably better that it was not. I think Dave and Rachel actually made a strategic decision to skip all the tasks because their good flight gave them the luxury to do so. Hopefully they will be rested and have a better day next time.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #141 on: March 05, 2012, 08:08:49 PM »
I still don't think a team should use the Express Pass without first trying to do the task. It shouldn't be "OH, all the teams are here and we're last.... EXPRESS PASS". It defeats the purpose of the Express Pass of really skipping a hard challenge or knowing you're WAYYYYYY behind. Dave and Rachel probably freaked out seeing the other teams are there, but forgot that if they took 2 hours to complete the challenge, other teams who did the Watermelon Detour could be spending this amount of time too!

I don't think it matters a lot on next leg departure, apskip. I'm more interested in the overall average of Dave and Rachel since now, they are set 2 rankings behind when they could actually be in fourth.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: March 06, 2012, 09:57:06 AM »

Surely a one minute difference could be made up or lost during the transport to the airport.

It would have been really interesting if that had been the elimination moment but it is probably better that it was not. I think Dave and Rachel actually made a strategic decision to skip all the tasks because their good flight gave them the luxury to do so. Hopefully they will be rested and have a better day next time.

I somehow missed this, as I thought Rachel and David spent a long time doing the watermelon pyramid only to have it collapse on them. Only then did they switch to the harp stringing and later the bottle dance, both of which they did skip.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #143 on: March 07, 2012, 12:14:42 AM »
They didn't skip the bottle dance RB.  Dave broke all the bottles that were allotted for the RB, thus incurring the penalty.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: March 07, 2012, 03:43:31 PM »
I still don't think a team should use the Express Pass without first trying to do the task. It shouldn't be "OH, all the teams are here and we're last.... EXPRESS PASS". It defeats the purpose of the Express Pass of really skipping a hard challenge or knowing you're WAYYYYYY behind. Dave and Rachel probably freaked out seeing the other teams are there, but forgot that if they took 2 hours to complete the challenge, other teams who did the Watermelon Detour could be spending this amount of time too!

I don't think it matters a lot on next leg departure, apskip. I'm more interested in the overall average of Dave and Rachel since now, they are set 2 rankings behind when they could actually be in fourth.

Gary and Mallory did the same thing on the dinosaur roadblock on Leg 5 of S18

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #145 on: March 11, 2012, 03:11:58 PM »
I  will say what several of you have been hinting at. This episode was simply the BEST episode of the Amazing Race ever. The DETOUR options were brutal and so was the ROADBLOCK. The whole episode just had an incredible appeal to it, with lots of loose threads to take up in future episodes (Rachel vs. David, Vanessa vs. Rachel).

i totally agree....i enjoyed every minute of it...!! specially the ending, it was so close!!! hope they come back here very soon!!  :jam:
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""