Author Topic: Ep 3 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read post 1 !!!**  (Read 40522 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: Ep 3 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read post 1 !!!**
« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2012, 08:09:06 PM »
When Phil said they are the only team not to finish a task to stay in the race isn't he wrong? Didn't like half the teams quit the meat eating road block on season 7 in Argentina??

That's what I thought, but he means that they are the only team not to finish ANY tasks in the whole leg and stay in the race! :tup:

Did they skip the Detour too? I didn't see it.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2012, 08:11:06 PM »
When Phil said they are the only team not to finish a task to stay in the race isn't he wrong? Didn't like half the teams quit the meat eating road block on season 7 in Argentina??

That's what I thought, but he means that they are the only team not to finish ANY tasks in the whole leg and stay in the race! :tup:

Yep, they played their Express Pass! :tup:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline BlueRabbit

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2012, 08:11:37 PM »

They used the Express Pass for the detour and received a penalty for the roadblock.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2012, 08:24:43 PM »
Racers were sliding down and climbing up that slide because it was blocking the entrance...  :lol:
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline paridy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Reality TV Guru
« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2012, 08:28:17 PM »
Do you think if Dave and Rachel hadn't used the Express Pass that they would still be in it, especially since the Twins and Vanessa/Ralph were so bad on their tasks. Just wondering what everyone else thinks? :umn:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2012, 08:30:31 PM »
Do you think if Dave and Rachel hadn't used the Express Pass that they would still be in it, especially since the Twins and Vanessa/Ralph were so bad on their tasks. Just wondering what everyone else thinks? :umn:

I think they would have survived, assuming they had been able to string the harps at a decent pace. :tup: I think they would've survived, assuming they weren't stringing harps into the night like Elliot & Andrew were doing! :lol:

But I think the Express Pass was well-played, because it was a VERY hard leg... (unlike last season's Express Pass play :res: )

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2012, 08:33:40 PM »

The express pass use, I think it's just thrown out there because I can see how both Dave & Rachel's adrenaline pumped up and were so afraid of losing time, and afraid to lose their number ONE title so far...

But on the other side, I'm confident though, if they can work it together and keep their spirit up, they would've finished either tasks...

But again, not for the case at the Roadblock, Dave could still get penalty and grounded for 2hours...  :duno:
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

paldog123456

« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2012, 08:41:30 PM »
I think that if Dave and Rachel had decided to do the Detour (without the Express Pass), they would've used the Express Pass at the Roadblock to escape the penalty.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2012, 08:43:06 PM »
I think that if Dave and Rachel had decided to do the Detour (without the Express Pass), they would've used the Express Pass at the Roadblock to escape the penalty.

Yeah, that seems like a very plausible scenario as well! :tup:

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2012, 08:43:20 PM »
These are the type of legs I love! It was grueling from start to finish.  :hrt:
I missed these types of legs last year  :'(

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2012, 08:46:39 PM »
OMG
I AM READING THESE COMMENTS AND EVERYONE IS SAYING THIS IS SUCH AN EPIC LEG
I WANT TO GO HOME SO BAD AND WATCH IT!!!!!!!!  :'( :'( :'(  :gaah:

can someone answer this question - when was the last time we had an episode as good as this?
im curious to know how good it was

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2012, 08:51:45 PM »
can someone answer this question - when was the last time we had an episode as good as this?

The last time - I would have to say would be the Switzerland legs of TAR18. :tup:

Or maybe even the Champagne Towers, Leg 6 of TAR16!! (Going with the theme of stacking things!) :lol:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2012, 08:53:54 PM »

The last time - I would have to say would be the Switzerland legs of TAR18. :tup:

Or maybe even the Champagne Towers, Leg 6 of TAR16!! (Going with the theme of stacking things!) :lol:

would you say it was as good as the Russian legs from TAR17??
i LOVED that champagne task!!!!  :hrt:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2012, 09:26:32 PM »

It probably was as good as the Russian legs from TAR17! :tup:

Hard to say for sure, because everyone's got their own opinion, but it probably was! ;)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #114 on: March 04, 2012, 09:27:07 PM »
I was puzzled at first as to what Phil meant as to Rachel and Dave, I was thinking they were the first team to be penalized who couldn't complete a task (as in exhausted the stated limits of the task) and survived the leg. Didn't occur to me about not having to complete either task and surviving the leg. But I suspect my original thought may also be correct as every other task penalty has involved quitting the task when they weren't limited by the instructions in some way.

The leg seemed very linear though.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
« Reply #115 on: March 04, 2012, 09:47:23 PM »
It's a great leg, but it's very predictable. The tasks were great and demanding. I love the detour. It's so tricky. I love how 99% of the teams overlooked the harp task. They immediately thought it would be very detail oriented and too time consuming. I love the roadblock twist.

If this leg was done in season 17. It would be x10 more fun to watch.
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: March 04, 2012, 11:06:25 PM »
Just checked on wikipedia and...

:eww :eww :eww

The only thing I'm happy about is Brenchel getting 2nd place.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: March 04, 2012, 11:14:31 PM »

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

What on earth is Phil on about!?!?!? First ever team to not finish a task and stay in the race!?!?!? Has he even SEEN the TAR7 Meat Roadblock!?!?!? I don't get this!!!!! :crazy:
[/quote]

NO! Phil means they did not do ANY task this leg. They used the express pass and didnt complete the roadblock. DUH! :groan:

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #118 on: March 04, 2012, 11:40:29 PM »
This leg was very entertaining!  The tasks were difficult and it was a nail-biting race to the mat!  I do feel bad for Elliot & Andrew and wish they would've made it further.  They seemed to have a dark cloud surrounding them throughout the race, much like the sisters.
As much as I dislike Art & JJ, they ran a flawless leg.  Here's hoping the "3rd leg curse" continues!

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: March 05, 2012, 12:10:05 AM »

It probably was as good as the Russian legs from TAR17! :tup:

Hard to say for sure, because everyone's got their own opinion, but it probably was! ;)

omg, what you said racer certainly met my expectations, that was such an intense ending!!!!!  :hrt:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #120 on: March 05, 2012, 12:51:51 AM »
People, this was a really good leg. Kudos to Art and JJ for being the ONLY team who KILLED the leg. BUT, I still DETEST them because they're just so smug, irritating and completely full of themselves. I just wish they get eliminated soon but it seems like they're going a long way. This team is getting on my nerves COMPLETELY, because when they are not in first, they bitch and whine. And when they don't get what they want, they bitch and whine too. And even when they are in first, THEY BITCH AND WHINE as well. Seriously, they along with Michael and Louie is killing the fun from me watching the episode. BUT THANK GOD THEY CHECKED IN AT THE 22MINS AND I DIDN'T SEE THEIR FACES ON SCREEN EVER SEEN.

For the record, I think Rachel and Dave are the ONLY team who didn't complete ANY task on the leg and still SURVIVE the entire leg. It seemed like they crashed and burn for this leg, failing the Roadblock and choosing to quit the Detour. For the record, we don't really know if they will encounter problems with the string Detour. But honestly, I really think they should have tried the Detour and not quit it. BUT, if they tried the Detour... and encountered problems, then they are the ones definitely eliminated since Dave failed at the Roadblock. So I would say, considering it was a really bad leg for them, the Express Pass used was legit and deemed since they failed at the Roadblock and that means if they can't do the Detour and fumbled like Vanessa and Ralph and the twins, they could be the ones eliminated.

I can't believe teams spent 2 hours trying to stack those watermelons.. and teams from the second flight caught up. Seriously, Joey and Danny (not that annoying anymore and I give them credit for being "nice" people) and Rachel and Brendon ran a really good leg and I'm so happy for them about it. They are still not my favourites but I gotta give them credit when it's due.

Can anyone tell me why did Dave and Rachel not rushed to the pit-stop to check-in in fourth place since it seemed like Nary and Jaime was really like beyond their 3 seconds count at the pit-stop? I believed they could have checked-in fourth but I think Phil did not expect so many teams to check-in together and he didn't call them in! And did I say that with so many check-in together, it made the ending so EXCITING? 2ND VS 3RD, 3RD VS 4TH VS 5TH, 8TH VS 9TH... it was really fun and entertaining to watch!

Good job to Kerri and Stacey for keeping it there. 7th place is really good since they are not one of those teams who fumbled. And they made a smart choice by switching early when they see Mark and Bopper leave. I thought that was a really SMART move because honestly, I don't think they could have finished the watermelon task!!

Elliot and Andrew... nice people and sad to see them gone... I like Vanessa and Ralph's attitude towards the challenge, and that they persevere and did not quit until the very end.. But seriously Vanessa, that was uncalled for calling out Rachel (BB) for no reason! It was really rude and I don't know what was that for. I'm with Rachel (BB) with this and I think that was pretty immature of her to do so. Does anyone have an explanation what took Elliot and Andrew SO LONG at the Harp Detour? I know they have to unstring cause they miss a string, but... they sure took a long time!

OH and did I mention I LOVE LOVE LOVE ALLL THE TASKS THIS LEG? The Detour both was a matter of skill, NO LUCK involved and if you do it well like Joey and Danny and Art and JJ, you will be fine, and if you HAVE NO SKILL, you suck and fumble. And I bet the Amazing Race LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WATERMELONS NOW! ME TOO!!! Now we know it's not just India leg which bring drama... WATERMELONS TOO!!!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

THE ROADBLOCK... it was a matter of skill AGAIN. If you do it well, you can be gone in a matter of minutes. But if you SUCK, you take the 2 HOURS PENALTY! I think this is the first time that a Roadblock penalty is not 4 hours long!

Oh dear... I darn darn darn love this leg. It's really a series of coincidences and chances which made this leg exciting from the beginning to the end... and we got to see a little flight drama which made me remind of the earlier seasons of TAR!! <3333333333 Anyone knows why did Brendon and Rachel and Kerri and Stacey not get onto the first 8.20 flight but Nary and Jaime did? I think that saved their asses too! :wohoo:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: March 05, 2012, 01:16:41 AM »
I'm sorry. i just have to say my opinions this leg. firstly, it was AMAZING  :hrt:

and we heard the word 'standby' this episode at the airport. can someone please tell me the last time we heard the word standby in TAR?
seriously though, the airport drama may have been minor but added to a great episode  :wohoo:

and the DETOUR - both required skill and patience; classic TAR  :conf:

and even though I'm not supporting them, I'm giving kudos to Danny and Joey for completing the watermelon task  :tup:
also kudos to Rachel and Brendon, even though i don't like them , they smoked this episode  :tup:

leaving the last kudos to Art and J.J. - don't hate them, they deserved their win

its funny because the teams I'm not supporting all came in the top 3  :lol:

the roadblock was great!!!
and such an intense run to the Pit Stop because they showed Vanessa and Ralph slowing down and the Twins speeding up, EPIC  :yess:

my heart goes out to PARAGUAY  :hrt: the nation delivered a WONDERFUL episode  :tup:

they should revisit Paraguay and do an ENTIRE leg SWITCHBACK  :lol:

seriously though, spectacular episode, this is what we've been missing in the latest TAR seasons,
RACE MOJO BACK!!!!!!!!!  :wohoo:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #122 on: March 05, 2012, 01:27:55 AM »
No Switchback man. The last time they had it in TAR 15.. it was a flop. -_- Magic does not work twice. :lol:

Offline Detoured

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #123 on: March 05, 2012, 04:21:48 AM »
Nary does the roadblock. Kerri does the roadblock.

Rachel finishes the roadblock. She bows and gives a little victory dance.

WOW. Joey finishes the roadblock in 4th.

Rachel: "THE JERSEY SHORE IS GOING TO BEAT US." :lol3: Brendon & Rachel outrun Joey & Danny. Rachel is completely out of breath and she's coughing on the mat.

Brendon & Rachel - 2nd

That's the heart of a winner... very obviously not in danger of being eliminated, and still fighting for position.

Offline Detoured

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #124 on: March 05, 2012, 04:35:33 AM »

I think they would have survived, assuming they had been able to string the harps at a decent pace. :tup: I think they would've survived, assuming they weren't stringing harps into the night like Elliot & Andrew were doing! :lol:

But I think the Express Pass was well-played, because it was a VERY hard leg... (unlike last season's Express Pass play :res: )

I think it was poorly played. They should have either gone to the harp stringing or stayed at the watermellons and only played it if they were the second to last team that hadn't yet finished the task... but not before.