Author Topic: Biggest Loser 13  (Read 4509 times)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Biggest Loser 13
« on: February 27, 2012, 01:35:49 PM »
I didn't see a topic for this season of the Biggest Loser. It's not surprising since it's been a product placement infested train wreck for several seasons now. I still watch occasional episodes though I usually ask myself why I'm doing it afterward. This season has been the worst yet in terms of annoying personalities that I don't care about. Even Bob Harper says so publicly. From http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/02/biggest-loser-coach-bob-harper-contestants-bullies-season-nasty:

The inspiration coach on The Biggest Loser who has that special knack of kicking butt in the gym is not happy with the contestants on his reality show this season and exclusively told RadarOnline.com that he thinks they’re “bullies!”

Bob Harper, the uber fit trainer who graces this month’s cover of Men’s Fitness, admitted what fans of the show are saying about this season – “It’s nasty! It’s nasty,” Bob said.

“They hate me saying that but it’s like you know what? It’s true.  It’s nasty and it’s tough.”

The hateful drama each week on the NBC show has shown the least inspirational characters yet this season, and Bob hesitated for about one second when asked if he liked anyone on the show.

“I mean…No.”

With Conda, Kim and youth pastor Mark leading the pack of bullies, Bob did say there were contestants he liked, but they weren’t on his list.

“There are some. I’m going to regret this. Emily, Cassandra, Chism, I love them they’re really fantastic.  Buddy, buddy’s a really sweet guy. The rest of them, they’re nasty!”

And the bad attitude they’re showing to other contestants isn’t sitting well with Bob, who called them out for their behavior.

“Bullies, they’re bullies.”

Anyway, I would have ignored (or most likely never would have seen) this but for checking in on the Biggest Loser forum at televisionwithoutpity.com and learning about learning about an apparent walkout early last week of most of the remaining contestants. According to reports from several sources, the season was down to the final 5 people when they learned that the producers were planning to bring back one or more previously eliminated players to compete for the grand prize of $250,000. Outraged, all or nearly all of the remaining contestants hailed cabs and walked out from the Ranch in protest. Later reports suggest that after a few day halt to production, filming resumed minus 2 of the contestants.

Here are some links to the information:

The walkout:

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/21/biggest-loser-quit-mutiny-contestants-twist/#.T0vMlFGV1GN
http://www.dietsinreview.com/diet_column/02/are-biggest-loser-contestants-walking-off-and-forcing-production-to-shut-down/
http://www.phillyburbs.com/blogs/pop_culture_blog/biggest_loser/the-biggest-loser-season-is-officially-the-worst-ever-now/article_fbbec36e-5e22-11e1-8274-001a4bcf6878.html
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/television/biggest-loser-contestants-storm-show-mass-protest-report-article-1.1026901

Production Resumes:
http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/23/biggest-loser-quitters-continues-resumes/#.T0vNDlGV1GN

I wouldn't necessarily recommend The Biggest Loser, but it appears to be hitting bottom and that could have some entertainment value. It'll be interesting to see how they decide to handle it and how the remainder of the season plays out.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Biggest Loser 13
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 06:54:57 PM »
I did a little looking around on Facebook and Twitter and it appears that Mark Cornelison was one of the two contestants dropped from the show. People were quoting this tweet from him:

@IamCraigJr Thanks for your opinion. I had to walk away from the drama rather than care about cash/prizes. Hopefully people will understand.

I checked out Mark's twitter page, @markpsm, and all tweets since January 1st have been removed.

It's still unclear who the other dropped contestant was.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 06:28:21 PM »
Thanks Plaidmoon! :ty I was wondering who dropped out.  :lol:

I figured  Kim might be one of them just because she doesnt want to be derailed. But it makes sense since Marks son went home that he's one of them  along with losing all that weight on campus
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 06:43:34 PM »
CCTV brought this show to China about 3 years ago. Many viewers got hooked, and inspired by contestants' efforts. Some viewers posted messages on the CCTV official website, saying they found motivation in life on this show.

Sad to see the show is getting worse and worse. :'(
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 03:13:45 PM »
Sad to see the show is getting worse and worse. :'(

What they need to do is drop the drama BS.

I'd love to see the show go back to square one. Now it's just "let's all make ourselves look stupid by engaging in arguments". Petty way to gain ratings.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline BlooperGuy

• RFF Full Member
  • SKRILLEX.....VS.....MOZART!!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 08:52:57 PM »
Eliminating nice guys like Cassandra, Chism, Emily, Lauren, and Gail sure does keep the ratings up huh? Emily is not really that nice.

:nopoints

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 11:10:39 AM »
Just an update to mention that the Biggest Loser episode with the contestants walking out is tomorrow night, Tuesday April 17th at 8 PM. Like the last couple of episodes, The Biggest Loser has been cut to an hour this week and they have been showing the first half of an episode one week and the second half the next week. I'd expect the walkout to occur late in the episode tomorrow night and act as a cliffhanger for next week when it gets resolved. From the promos, the producers are embracing the walkout ("You've seen it in the news") rather than covering it up.

As far as spoilers go, I haven't seen anything new since I originally posted this. It still looks like Mark is gone but the other eliminated person isn't known.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 06:39:26 PM »
Why leave?
by Mark Cornelison on Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 8:32pm ·

It's been a crazy, awesome experience...

My number one desire was to step out in faith and hopefully let my love for Christ and people be used to impact others in a way that they would know God exists and He loves them. I hopefully do that everyday in my church but this was to be something new and unique...really out of my "churchy" comfort zone.

I'll be honest, I threw myself into this mostly because I wanted my son to have this opportunity and to have hope again. Getting fit and healthy for myself was next on my list. I expected to go into this be around for a month or so...lose some weight...get some tips to help me get on the right track...then be sent home to continue on and allow my son to move forward in this journey. However, God had other plans.

Turns out, I was to spend a great deal of my time working on me, separate from my son. I needed (and still need) a lot of work, God knew this, and He brought me to a place of fully having to depend on Him to make it through. My family, my friends, my students, my church, even my son who joined me were all removed from me so that I had to stand there open before my Maker to deal with the flaws in my life. It has been the most humbling yet rewarding experience of my life.

Early on, God led me to a couple of verses that became, and continue to be, my focal points.

First was this one:
"For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus" Philippians 1:6
This verse helped me through many difficult and dark days in this journey. I camped on the fact that no matter what I was facing I could be confident of the fact that God had begun this work in me and He would not stop working on me until I was perfected. This doesn't just mean during this experience but also through the rest of my life.

The second was:
"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:14
When I began to get wind of how some were seeing me, I really struggled. It has been so hard to know how things are portrayed compared to how they really are and yet have no control or ability to communicate the truth. There are so many who have been given limited information through which they have formed opinions. This isn't their fault, but their words still hurt even though I keep telling myself that they don't see the whole picture...that is where this verse came to mean so much to me. I had to accept there are things out of my control and push forward to achieve the prize for which I was called. So even in the midst of the struggle I set my heart and eyes on the prize and received strength in Christ like nothing I've ever experienced before.

Now understand, we all may see the "prize" differently. My prize has never been about money or material things, I walked into this being really clear that I didn't care about any of that. The prize I fought for was the ability to be a healthier, stronger witness for Christ; a better, more energetic husband to my amazing wife; a more loving and caring father to my children; and a pastor with renewed passion for the people I serve...I've received and will continue to receive these prizes.

With two weeks left in this experience I had one more important issue to address and that was one of character and integrity. The right thing to do was to look at what God has accomplished in me through this and to be willing to stand up and surrender the value of material goods and potentially the opinions of others. This was not a protest, it is just my way of saying people/relationships matter more than money/popularity/fame.

We weren't kicked out...no one called us a cab...we weren't "demanding" we get our way; it was literally a peaceful decision to agree to disagree. It was just time for me to go.

I know many will still judge me, but that's okay. I never quit, I was just done with this part of God's shaping of the man who sits here typing this. He will never be done or give up on me and I will never stop pushing ahead to grow in Him and make known His love for all people. I am deeply thankful for this amazing experience and I have gained everything I possibly could from it. This show has changed my life.

Based on what you've seen if you believe I have failed, then I genuinely ask you to pray for me. I still have work to be done in me and I honestly value your grace and prayers.

However, if you believe I have done well through this, then thanks for your love and support. I genuinely ask you to pray for me...I still have work to be done in me and I value your grace and prayers.

Lastly, I leave you with this challenging verse and say, "I won. I gained the prize that I was the most important."
"Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win." 1 Corinthians 9:24

Give grace, live truth, reflect Jesus.
Mark - BL13 

https://www.facebook.com/notes/mark-cornelison/why-leave/10150588394167297
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!