Author Topic: TAR 20 Ep 4 "Taste Your Salami" (Turin, Italy)  (Read 70165 times)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 20 Ep 4 "Taste Your Salami" (Turin, Italy)
« Reply #150 on: March 11, 2012, 04:01:16 AM »
brendon and rachel did not quit.

Proof?

Offline kungfuwomn

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #151 on: March 11, 2012, 04:46:32 AM »
Whatever fights they had or however hard these legs were we know Brenchel made it to the end plus anyone that knows them and have followed them for 2 yrs know they would never quit the race,they can fight,cry or be angry about it but they are true competetors and would never give up.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #152 on: March 11, 2012, 04:56:40 AM »
brendon and rachel did not quit.

Proof?

you can surf the live sightings thread or the speculation one, it's all there...,

but if you want to discuss more about Brenchel, we also have another thread HERE
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #153 on: March 11, 2012, 08:14:50 AM »
I'm quite interested to find out whether or not these 'Guidos' can speak Italian! :lol: My bet is that they can't! :lol3:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #154 on: March 11, 2012, 08:45:55 AM »
These are the EP 4 pics from the SEASON-wide Preview:

Who is that hiding out under Danny's arm??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #155 on: March 11, 2012, 09:09:44 AM »
And whose arm is this from the preview caps? And what it is doing to the clue ropes?? Jamie is in blue... Stacy or Kerri??

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #156 on: March 11, 2012, 09:26:22 AM »
And does anyone have any ideas about THIS??

TEAMS RACE THROUGH ITALY WHERE, IN AN “AMAZING RACE” FIRST, A RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS LEAVES ONE TEAM IN TEARS, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” SUNDAY, MARCH 11

Racer to racer?

Local to racer?

???

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #157 on: March 11, 2012, 09:35:38 AM »
Can't tell who that is under Danny's arm , but the cap with the red holding the clue ropes I believe we see this guy in one of the caps of either Vanessa or Jamie , I think he is one of the guy's on the rapelling crew. Yes I just checked , You can see him in cap 38.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 09:40:06 AM by cattychic »

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #158 on: March 11, 2012, 09:59:24 AM »
And does anyone have any ideas about THIS??

TEAMS RACE THROUGH ITALY WHERE, IN AN “AMAZING RACE” FIRST, A RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS LEAVES ONE TEAM IN TEARS, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” SUNDAY, MARCH 11

Racer to racer?

Local to racer?

???

A local giving up flight tickets...  :duno: I don't know.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #159 on: March 11, 2012, 10:45:26 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #160 on: March 11, 2012, 01:15:19 PM »
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #161 on: March 11, 2012, 01:22:14 PM »
Awww...thank YOU for noticing it!!

Sometimes I wonder.....   :hhello:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #162 on: March 11, 2012, 02:12:12 PM »
I hope this can help:

This shot was taken between 2:08 and 2:23 pm (assumes December 4th).

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #163 on: March 11, 2012, 02:13:48 PM »
Shadowman <333

So what makes them check in after dark? :duno: Struggling at a task perhaps?
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #164 on: March 11, 2012, 02:20:07 PM »
Shadowman <333

So what makes them check in after dark? :duno: Struggling at a task perhaps?

let's not forget that they were in Turin at December 4, that means that the sun sets around 6pm and soon after is completely dark. So Brenchel running around for the salami detour around sunset can't be later than that.
But for mark and Bopper to check at the pitstop at 10pm, 8hours after the picture above, something must have gone really wrong.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #165 on: March 11, 2012, 05:45:03 PM »
kiki,

There is a place where in its time zone you get sunset around 6pm on 12/4/2011, but northern Italy is at a much higher latitude and it's only a little west of the center of the European time zone.

Official sunset for Torino 12/4/2011 was 448pm.

My research to find a city in the U.S. at the far western edge of its time zone which might have a relatively late sunset basically failed. I tried a number of different alternatives but even Escanaba on the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and El Paso failed to get any later than around 5pm on that date.

My own sure thing is the Santa Cruz, Tenerife, Canary Islands, which is part of the Greenwich Mean time zone (along with Portugal and Great Britain). Sunset there was 608pm on 12/4/2011 because it is a bit west of the center of that time zone and because it has the low latitude of 28 degrees.

This is an interesting issue to a geographer like me (I realize that few others care), so I will look in countries with single time zones such as India and China to see what I can find.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #166 on: March 11, 2012, 11:05:44 PM »

My research to find a city in the U.S. at the far western edge of its time zone which might have a relatively late sunset basically failed. I tried a number of different alternatives but even Escanaba on the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and El Paso failed to get any later than around 5pm on that date.

It helps to have a correct data point. El Paso is at the far eastern edge of its time zone. El Paso is in the Mountain Time Zone....not Central Time Zone. Just because El Paso is in Texas does not make it Central Time Zone. You can verify this by checking world clocks and test El Paso against Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Lubbock, Waco, Amarillo or Midland/Odessa. You will find a one hour difference between El Paso and the rest of those cities.
Matthew 7:15

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #167 on: March 11, 2012, 11:58:35 PM »
now i know i might be WAY out of line but I'm SPECULATING that the helicopter task might be a FAST FORWARD
i know it seems ages since we last had a FF but i think this season will bring it back
but i have my reasons:

- we know Art and J.J. won Leg 3, and they might have a huge lead over the other teams
- we know from evidence that Art and J.J. win Leg 4
- if they arrive first in Italy, they might take the option of the FF, even if they screw it, the roadblock should be close to it (FF and RB at Lingotto)
- the place they are performing this helicopter task opposite a helipad looks quite small, and if it was the place of a Detour/Route Info/Roadblock, i wouldn't imagine all 8 teams performing the task in there
- if they won the fast forward it would explain their 1st place win in Italy and i would think if they didn't do it, other teams would beat them in the regular challenges

i AM confident with this speculation, but my only setback is that the FF seems kind of easy/crappy

please tell me what you think of this

I WAS RIGHT!!! yay   :yess:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #168 on: March 12, 2012, 12:25:58 AM »
now i know i might be WAY out of line but I'm SPECULATING that the helicopter task might be a FAST FORWARD
i know it seems ages since we last had a FF but i think this season will bring it back
but i have my reasons:

- we know Art and J.J. won Leg 3, and they might have a huge lead over the other teams
- we know from evidence that Art and J.J. win Leg 4
- if they arrive first in Italy, they might take the option of the FF, even if they screw it, the roadblock should be close to it (FF and RB at Lingotto)
- the place they are performing this helicopter task opposite a helipad looks quite small, and if it was the place of a Detour/Route Info/Roadblock, i wouldn't imagine all 8 teams performing the task in there
- if they won the fast forward it would explain their 1st place win in Italy and i would think if they didn't do it, other teams would beat them in the regular challenges

i AM confident with this speculation, but my only setback is that the FF seems kind of easy/crappy

please tell me what you think of this

I WAS RIGHT!!! yay   :yess:

You were ABSOULTELY right!! :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #169 on: March 12, 2012, 12:32:23 AM »
Crappy FF, but did I see more than one set of "helicopter tools" there? That means whoever wants to do the FF can try for the FF right? Or is it just me? If everyone can attempt the FF then it's worth it.

I gained nothing about Italy from this episode. It just went from the best to the worst episode. :gaah:

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #170 on: March 12, 2012, 04:46:24 AM »
Crappy FF, but did I see more than one set of "helicopter tools" there? That means whoever wants to do the FF can try for the FF right? Or is it just me? If everyone can attempt the FF then it's worth it.

I gained nothing about Italy from this episode. It just went from the best to the worst episode. :gaah:

there are 3 sets of them Joab  :tup:
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #171 on: March 12, 2012, 12:53:45 PM »
Quote from: DrRox on Yesterday at 10:05:44 PM

Quote from: apskip on Yesterday at 04:45:03 PM

It helps to have a correct data point. El Paso is at the far eastern edge of its time zone. El Paso is in the Mountain Time Zone....not Central Time Zone. Just because El Paso is in Texas does not make it Central Time Zone. You can verify this by checking world clocks and test El Paso against Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Lubbock, Waco, Amarillo or Midland/Odessa. You will find a one hour difference between El Paso and the rest of those cities.

You are correct, Dr. Rox and I knew I had made a mistake about putting El Paso in the central time zone long before you corrected me. However, I wanted the time to check out sunset times for the western edge of China and India. Mumbai India had a 6pm sunset on 12/4/2011. However, the big winner is Urumqi China, which is due north of Kathmandu but in a time zone 2.25 hours earlier. That means its sunset was slightly before 730pm on Dec. 4 2011.

I also want to make it clear that all examples are Northern Hemisphere only. To use Southern Hemisphere during a quite long day for all of that hemisphere has no particular relevance for this comparison.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 12:57:36 PM by apskip »

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #172 on: March 12, 2012, 01:39:49 PM »
I think this was the best leg so far! :yess:
Do anybody knows if there a more fastforwards on this season??
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #173 on: March 12, 2012, 01:50:48 PM »
Who was the greeter for the pit stop? I think it was a famous Italian F1 driver, but I can't recall his name.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #174 on: March 12, 2012, 01:54:50 PM »
I was trying to find an updated timeline (and I do appreciate that there has been a lot of information and I'm not implying that anyone has dropped the ball) but I was curious as to whether the Asuncion pit stop was short (less than 12 hours) or long (over 24 hours).