Author Topic: TAR 20 Ep 4 "Taste Your Salami" (Turin, Italy)  (Read 69912 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 20 Ep 4 "Taste Your Salami" (Turin, Italy)
« Reply #125 on: March 09, 2012, 06:32:00 AM »
Is it just me, or does this seem like a non-elimination leg?

Yes, we think it must be NEL

We have reports from the mat that production packed up after seeing Mark and Bopper check in at 10PM. But they have been sighted in future legs so.....

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2012, 07:17:20 AM »
Looks like we have our beheading!!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BlooperGuy

• RFF Full Member
  • SKRILLEX.....VS.....MOZART!!!!
« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2012, 07:20:30 AM »

[quote ]Yes, we think it must be NEL

We have reports from the mat that production packed up after seeing Mark and Bopper check in at 10PM. But they have been sighted in future legs so.....

[/quote]

Good. :yess: I don't want my country boys to leave anytime soon. After looking at other threads, don't Art and JJ get eliminated at this point? Maybe its the next leg, where there's a U-Turn or something. Either that or they performed really, really badly at the next leg.  :lol: The former seems more likely.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #128 on: March 09, 2012, 07:25:08 AM »
You need to quote what you are looking at maybe?? All that seems to not be correct to me. You can do that in speculation, this thread is just for ep 4, where we know they come in first. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #129 on: March 09, 2012, 07:59:25 AM »

[quote ]Yes, we think it must be NEL

Good. :yess: I don't want my country boys to leave anytime soon. After looking at other threads, don't Art and JJ get eliminated at this point? Maybe its the next leg, where there's a U-Turn or something. Either that or they performed really, really badly at the next leg.  :lol: The former seems more likely.
[/quote]

BlooperGuy,
Something bad can potentially happen to Art&JJ, but it's unlikely. It's certain that they will be among the first teams to reach Turin since they have their pick of airline flight connections by virtue of reaching Asuncion airport first. In Turin, anything can happen but they are not going to drop to last. My prediction remains that they will go for and get a Fast Forward, which would mean a first place finish.

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #130 on: March 09, 2012, 08:12:51 AM »
again, i am pretty sure it is a fast forward

I'm taking your word for it .

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2012, 08:37:29 AM »
If there is a fast forward, you wouldn't need to complete any other tasks on the leg. And they're looking at the roadblock clue. And there's no hint of a green tinged envelope or clue page in their hands.

That's because it's Art & J.J who we're speculating went for the FF not Mark and Bopper ;)

I am going to support this hypothesis based on the information in the AR20 Transportation thread showing them as the only team with the possibility of getting ahead by catching a very early flight Asuncion to Sao Paulo, connecting to Rome and into Turin. It depend on when they finished leg 3, but if they did so by 230pm they could be released around 230am. No other team had the opportunity to catch that first flight and all the connections flow from that..

We see Art and JJ AND Bopper and Mark at an airport in Argentina though, per previews.

Actually, I think we see Art and JJ and Bopper and Mark at the airport in Ascuncion.
This is how I think it plays out:
Teams are released from the pit stop and directed to a specific travel agent to purchase tickets
Travel agent does not open until 8am
Teams meet at the Ascuncion airport - Bopper and Mark talk to Art and JJ and realize they got the wrong tickets and have to go back to the travel agent. They get stuck in traffic or there are no seats left on the earliest flight.
All of the teams other than Mark and Bopper (aka Mopper) are on ASU EZE  G37470 1205 1355 which puts Mopper 3 hours behind in Turin.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: March 09, 2012, 08:59:02 AM »
Since The Amazing Race 20 » Timeline & Spoiler Summary for leg 4 is down.
The case from here seem to be, Leg 4 sites in Turin is the Museo d'ell automobile, Oval Lingotto Olympic Stadium (former Fiat Factory),Piazza Vittorio Veneto, rappel down carpark, paint statue and food challenge.
And maybe FF: helicopter task.
Palazzo Madama in Piazza Castello is the pitstop.
The leg is a Non-elimination leg.

Do i have everything or have i missed something??
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline TARismyfavoriteshow

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You can call me Sam
« Reply #133 on: March 09, 2012, 10:43:05 AM »
If there is a fast forward, you wouldn't need to complete any other tasks on the leg. And they're looking at the roadblock clue. And there's no hint of a green tinged envelope or clue page in their hands.

Until CBS in the press releases, in the photos, or in the promos shows something that directly and explicitly proves there is a fast forward, then you're making an assumption.

I have a rule that I have followed where TAR is concerned, and in a lot of other ways as well... Assumptions are dangerous.

I get what you're trying to say.
Everyone look at the picture of Bopper and Mark, they're at the location of the helicopter landing task, right? There's that platform in the background. And yet they've opened their clue and... no fast forward envelope. At least not that we can see, which is the tricky part.

On the other hand, I noticed in promo 1 "Brenchel shocker" there was a quick split screen of Vanessa repelling, while Art and JJ are doing the helicopter task. Could that be showing them doing a ff while the other teams go ahead with the roadblock? If not, what other explanation could there be?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #134 on: March 09, 2012, 04:23:19 PM »

That's because it's Art & J.J who we're speculating went for the FF not Mark and Bopper ;)

I am going to support this hypothesis based on the information in the AR20 Transportation thread showing them as the only team with the possibility of getting ahead by catching a very early flight Asuncion to Sao Paulo, connecting to Rome and into Turin. It depend on when they finished leg 3, but if they did so by 230pm they could be released around 230am. No other team had the opportunity to catch that first flight and all the connections flow from that..

We see Art and JJ AND Bopper and Mark at an airport in Argentina though, per previews.

Actually, I think we see Art and JJ and Bopper and Mark at the airport in Ascuncion.
This is how I think it plays out:
Teams are released from the pit stop and directed to a specific travel agent to purchase tickets
Travel agent does not open until 8am
Teams meet at the Ascuncion airport - Bopper and Mark talk to Art and JJ and realize they got the wrong tickets and have to go back to the travel agent. They get stuck in traffic or there are no seats left on the earliest flight.
All of the teams other than Mark and Bopper (aka Mopper) are on ASU EZE  G37470 1205 1355 which puts Mopper 3 hours behind in Turin.

That makes total sense to me...the only thing that bugs me is the voiceover and the quote under the video saying the Country Boys have to get out of ARGENTINA. Did CBS just fail this week's geography or are they really telling us something?

Going to look for rock star posters at Asuncion.  :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2012, 05:19:58 PM »
I think it will be a total waste of a FAST FORWARD if it falls on a NEL leg. Why would World Race Productions/CBS do that?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2012, 06:46:41 PM »
Good Point.... :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #137 on: March 09, 2012, 06:49:25 PM »
Spec: R/B are late in the day doing the salami Detour.

Rachel is VERY upset, both of them seem like they think they will be out.

Could they ALREADY have switched from the Statue Detour to Salami?

Otherwise, why wouldn't they just be switching? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #138 on: March 09, 2012, 09:26:57 PM »
Well,i'm still thinking that we're sure to have a Fast Forward...if is a Active Route Marker,the other Spec thing to be, why they didn't show in ANY promo , somebody that is not Art/JJ doing? I'm pretty much sure that is a Fast Forward, but since we have no confirm spoiler...
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #139 on: March 09, 2012, 09:48:21 PM »
I think it will be a total waste of a FAST FORWARD if it falls on a NEL leg. Why would World Race Productions/CBS do that?

I'm just happy to have the Fast Forward back, assuming all of the speculation turns out to be true! :lol:

The last time an FF was placed on a NEL was TAR12, so I personally don't mind having an FF on a NEL every once in a while, although not too often! :tup:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: March 09, 2012, 09:52:02 PM »
Going to look for rock star posters at Asuncion
ASU it is. Compare the tan bench seats, ventilation louvers, ceiling work and the two counters (Sol del Paraguay right next to Taca) with the photos on this page.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 10:32:38 PM by Slowhatch »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #141 on: March 09, 2012, 10:00:47 PM »
YAY for Slowhatch!! :conf: And now WP's flight route works too.

So...

Backtracking: Mark and Bopper
Beheading: Ralph and Vanessa
Breakdown: Rachel and Brendon

:lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: March 09, 2012, 10:02:26 PM »

Why not?

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #143 on: March 09, 2012, 11:00:51 PM »
We DON'T know if Mark+Bopper will be last. We just ASSUME because they check in late at night. Another team could have made a mistake also.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2012, 12:02:41 AM »
No...the person who saw them check in  saw production pack up and leave after that. It is all in live sightings thread.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #145 on: March 10, 2012, 12:03:34 AM »
Conversation related to upcoming future legs has been moved over here to speculation:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26411.0/topicseen.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: March 10, 2012, 02:37:01 AM »
This leg does not have to be an NEL. The fact that production left after Mark & Bopper checked in just means that they did not expect any more teams to appear there relatively soon.

There could be some team which was stuck on the leg so Phil had to do an on-the spot elimination. They could be lost or waiting out a did-not-finish-task penalty, or even stuck at an hours of operation.

It is also possible that some team had bad luck with the flights so they got stuck way behind.

All that said I still would not be surprised if this leg was a NEL.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #147 on: March 10, 2012, 08:46:49 PM »
Conversation related to upcoming future legs has been moved over here to speculation:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26411.0/topicseen.html

:groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #148 on: March 10, 2012, 10:48:21 PM »
This leg does not have to be an NEL. The fact that production left after Mark & Bopper checked in just means that they did not expect any more teams to appear there relatively soon.

There could be some team which was stuck on the leg so Phil had to do an on-the spot elimination. They could be lost or waiting out a did-not-finish-task penalty, or even stuck at an hours of operation.

It is also possible that some team had bad luck with the flights so they got stuck way behind.

All that said I still would not be surprised if this leg was a NEL.

Thats possible. Maybe Brennan and Rachel quit... :yess:.

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #149 on: March 10, 2012, 11:06:59 PM »
brendon and rachel did not quit.