Author Topic: TAR 20 Ep 4 "Taste Your Salami" (Turin, Italy)  (Read 69940 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 20 Ep 4 "Taste Your Salami" (Turin, Italy)
« on: February 27, 2012, 10:41:04 AM »
Title find by Prama!

Episode 4 (Turin, Italy): Taste Your Salami

TEAMS RACE THROUGH ITALY WHERE, IN AN “AMAZING RACE” FIRST, A RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS LEAVES ONE TEAM IN TEARS, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” SUNDAY, MARCH 11

CHEAT TWEET: Beheading, backtracking and breakdowns, oh my! #AmazingRace Sunday, March 11 8pmET/PT http://bit.ly/wE4a4B

“Taste Your Salami” (Turin, Italy) – An unexpected beheading occurs as teams polish off a dirty task, and a random act of kindness leaves one team in tears, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host.

CBS Press Photos:

"Taste Your Salami (Turin, Italy)"--Married Teammates Dave and Rachel perform a Detour in Turin, Italy that requires teams to clean and polish some of Turin’s most treasured statues on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 11

"Taste Your Salami (Turin, Italy)"--Engaged couple Rachel and Brendon perform a Detour in Turin, Italy that requires teams to identify by taste some of Italy’s most treasured delicacies on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 11

"Taste Your Salami (Turin, Italy)"--Engaged couple Rachel and Brendon perform a Detour in Turin, Italy that requires teams to identify by taste some of Italy’s most treasured delicacies on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 11   
"Taste Your Salami (Turin, Italy)"--Teammates Bopper (left) and Mark search for their next clue in Turin, Italy during THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 11

"Taste Your Salami (Turin, Italy)"--Dating couple Vanessa and Ralph perform a Detour in Turin, Italy that requires teams to clean and polish some of Turin’s most treasured statues on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 11

« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 07:16:12 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 20 Ep 4 "Taste Your Salami" (Turin, Italy)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 10:41:46 AM »
PREVIEW!! Thanks to TL!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zEARhaPfg1A?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zEARhaPfg1A?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

PROMO 1!! Thanks to WP!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Y47YYPoieg?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5Y47YYPoieg?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

The Country Boys' mission...get out of Argentina. The Border Patrol Agents land a chopper! The dating couple conquer a fear of heights and for the Big Brother couple, their mission could be impossible!

Promo 2!! Thanks to WP!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cOoVqe5obzQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cOoVqe5obzQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

The stress of the Race begins to take its toll on several Teams as they race through Italy on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 11

Mark and Bopper MAT Thanks to WP!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5_zpmZ4fzvc?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5_zpmZ4fzvc?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 11:25:20 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 10:42:06 AM »
saved for TimeLine
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 10:42:24 AM »
Timeline/Summary:

Press and Media:

In December,the American reality show "The Amazing Race "(CBS) will make a quick stop in Piedmont ... thanks to milanissimo

The competitors will also face a food challenge in Italy

Looking for:

A Rome airport flight connection:
Product Placement: Drive a Ford
A random act of kindness that leaves one team in tears
Mark and Bopper having to backtrack from the Asuncion airport (thanks to Slowhatch) to (??) the travel agent (??) causing them to miss the first flight (spec)

Route Info (presumed): Museo Dell' Automobile Thanks to kiki and the season preview Kiki Caps

and to
TARJunkie999

Task: Find/Match the logo??

FF (presumed): Land a mini helicopter on your partners head at the Oval Lingotto Olympic Stadium "bubble": Location thanks to Zack
Seen: Art and JJ:

RB (presumed): Rappelling in Lingotto in Turin thanks to milanissimo

Cluebox: The helipad at Lingotto:

Seen: Vanessa, Jamie, Danny, S/K's arm :lol:

Detour A : Identify by taste some of Italy’s most treasured delicacies

Taste location thanks to TARJunkie999 and the season preview: and Slowhatch#65 & 66 - Torino, Italy, Piazza Vittorio Veneto dal Monte dei Cappuccini
Seen: Rachel and Brendon

Detour B: Clean and polish some of Turin’s most treasured statues 

Seen: Dave and Rachel; Ralph and Vanessa

Pitstop Location thanks to Hayleigh via ovalorange: Piazza Castello (Torino, Turin) Sunday Dec 4

First team to check in (filmed x3) Art and JJ via thanks to caper's blogfind.

Last team to check in (based on reports of production then leaving, ~10PM) Bopper and Mark, thanks to weihen and Baidu!

At risk: No one. Should be a NEL based on future sightings of Mark and Bopper.

However: :( Not seen after Italy: Joey and Danny and Stacy and Kerri.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 10:43:44 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 10:42:58 AM »
saved for MAPS
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 10:56:43 PM »
Preview up!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 12:26:44 AM »
preview Caps!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 12:41:37 AM »
this is from Page 7 of the TAR20 Live Sightings thread

Re: Amazing Race 20 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! **read post 1**
« Reply #160 on: December 08, 2011, 07:29:15 AM »
inomu kindly did some translating for us:

Quote from: inomu on December 07, 2011, 08:08:59 AM
The real translation is: he/she explained to the couple that they have won 2 consecutive legs and the men smiled widely

The writer saw Phil in Turin (Torino) and he was excited to see him because he is Phil fan. They filmed the guys arrival to mat at least 3 times until the producers were happy of Phil's greeting and the guys reaction.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 03:55:21 AM by supah3ro »

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 12:56:07 AM »
I think the helicopter task with Art/JJ is in the dome of the Oval Lingotto Olympic Stadium (former Fiat Factory) in Turin.

eta Which is interesting, since the RB is also at Lingotto. It leads me to believe that one of the two 'paired' tasks (the painting or the helicopter) isn't a Detour option, since if they both were it would be fairly imbalanced (unless the helicopter task was ridiculously hard).

The one question I've got right now is how the Museo d'ell automobile fits in. Maybe where they get their product-placed cars?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 01:03:12 AM by Zack. »

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 01:53:05 AM »
I think the helicopter task with Art/JJ is in the dome of the Oval Lingotto Olympic Stadium (former Fiat Factory) in Turin.

eta Which is interesting, since the RB is also at Lingotto. It leads me to believe that one of the two 'paired' tasks (the painting or the helicopter) isn't a Detour option, since if they both were it would be fairly imbalanced (unless the helicopter task was ridiculously hard).

The one question I've got right now is how the Museo d'ell automobile fits in. Maybe where they get their product-placed cars?

im also curious to where this food challenge is about??

so far this is what we know will be involved in the episode

helicopter
rappel down carpark
food challenge ?
paint statue
automobile museum

Offline JillianVP

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 03:37:30 AM »

im also curious to where this food challenge is about??

so far this is what we know will be involved in the episode

helicopter
rappel down carpark
food challenge ?
paint statue
automobile museum

The title of the episode confirms it for me... also Phil's pre-show interview:  This season’s Racers will endure one of the most competitive courses ever, as they find themselves skydiving in Argentina, training with the Masai warriors in Tanzania, racing through Africa’s “Garden of Eden,” putting their taste buds to the test with one of Italy’s most popular cuisines and searching for King Ludwig’s quarters in the German castle that served as the inspiration for the castle in “Sleeping Beauty.”

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 03:52:47 AM »
now i know i might be WAY out of line but I'm SPECULATING that the helicopter task might be a FAST FORWARD
i know it seems ages since we last had a FF but i think this season will bring it back
but i have my reasons:

- we know Art and J.J. won Leg 3, and they might have a huge lead over the other teams
- we know from evidence that Art and J.J. win Leg 4
- if they arrive first in Italy, they might take the option of the FF, even if they screw it, the roadblock should be close to it (FF and RB at Lingotto)
- the place they are performing this helicopter task opposite a helipad looks quite small, and if it was the place of a Detour/Route Info/Roadblock, i wouldn't imagine all 8 teams performing the task in there
- if they won the fast forward it would explain their 1st place win in Italy and i would think if they didn't do it, other teams would beat them in the regular challenges

i AM confident with this speculation, but my only setback is that the FF seems kind of easy/crappy

please tell me what you think of this
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 03:57:17 AM by supah3ro »

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 05:27:58 AM »
I worked in a remote control helicopter shop and help repair the broken parts...

for ORDINARY people, to be able to control a helicopter, especially since the racers had a nervous feeling to keep stay in pace in the race, it's not that easy....

Especially when they have to land it on top of their friend's head...

Landing in the ground required a gently movement of your thumbs and you had to feel it, slowly down... you can't just boom drop and land,

Even in Japan, they had a remote control helicopter national competition where all helicopter experts battling each other getting their copper through several obstacles...

So if this task considered to be FF, i can back up the arguments...  :tup:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 05:31:16 AM by ZouLy »
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

laimis

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 06:00:38 AM »
- we know from evidence that Art and J.J. win Leg 4

How do you know they won leg 4? ???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 06:37:32 AM »
Read the thread. :tup: Post #7.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 06:42:06 AM »
Turin is home to the famous Shroud of Turin. More recently, it has become the home of the Slow Food Movement.

Hope we see a lot of pasta and meatballs.

So happy that they gonna have a food challenge in Italy, just hope we gonna see a beer task in Bavaria in leg 5. :keeta: :hrt: :keeta:
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 07:00:52 AM »
Eating challenge most-likely in roadblock form...

Anyone can determine the place/stadium that Brenchel's at?

It looks round.. And is that a canadian flag?
I believe it's not the Italia61, where it used for the winter olympics?
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Kelsey_x

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 07:57:56 AM »
Eating challenge most-likely in roadblock form...

Anyone can determine the place/stadium that Brenchel's at?

It looks round.. And is that a canadian flag?
I believe it's not the Italia61, where it used for the winter olympics?

It's not a Canadian flag, 99% sure. Unless it is like a special type of flag, it isn't the Canadian flag.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 09:22:49 AM »
Quote from: ZouLy
I worked in a remote control helicopter shop and help repair the broken parts...
Do you recognize the brand of helo/controller?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 10:21:43 AM »
I think one of the food task and the bungee jumping is the Roadblock, while the other is an Active RI. Unless the helicopter is indeed a FF... ???

Any chances of a FF, Peach? :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 11:11:37 AM »
Ok,so i'm speculating this way :

Roadblock : Rapel

Detour : Safe Landing (the helicopter) or Gold Insurance (paint the statue in gold)
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 02:10:51 PM »
TEAMS RACE THROUGH ITALY WHERE, IN AN “AMAZING RACE” FIRST, A RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS LEAVES ONE TEAM IN TEARS, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” SUNDAY, MARCH 11

CHEAT TWEET: Beheading, backtracking and breakdowns, oh my! #AmazingRace Sunday, March 11 8pmET/PT http://bit.ly/wE4a4B

“Taste Your Salami” (Turin, Italy) – An unexpected beheading occurs as teams polish off a dirty task, and a random act of kindness leaves one team in tears, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host. 

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 02:11:37 PM »
Beheading must have to do with the statue and they must be cleaning it since it says "a dirty task." We saw the breakdown and the backtracking could be someone forgetting something.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 02:31:26 PM »
What breakdown? ???

And oh my, thank goodness you said the statue. I was thinking salami and a poor piggie! :Lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2012, 02:33:39 PM »
The Brenchel one on the preview