Author Topic: Ep 2 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read post 1&2!!!**  (Read 35453 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Ep 2 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read post 1&2!!!**
« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2012, 09:25:43 AM »
TV shows us he solved it. But till the last moments there were no bidders around, no more commotions of bidding going on. He was just practically doing his own maths with no activity around him. It really made me think if he did finish the task or not.

His day-after interviews clearly explain how he got it. :tup:

TAR needed a few DESIGN pointers from the Cocoa thread this time!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2012, 10:10:50 AM »
TV shows us he solved it. But till the last moments there were no bidders around, no more commotions of bidding going on. He was just practically doing his own maths with no activity around him. It really made me think if he did finish the task or not.

His day-after interviews clearly explain how he got it. :tup:

TAR needed a few DESIGN pointers from the Cocoa thread this time!

Yep, I really figured they changed his problem to another easier one because there were no cattles anymore when he finally got it. That means there wasn't a "3 minute time-frame" anymore and he had all the time he want to just to solve that question... hmmm, if it's still the same process, I think Phil will need to go to the Roadblock location to eliminate them?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #102 on: March 01, 2012, 10:46:03 AM »
I think the cows got tired. :lol3:

Lends new meaning to the phrase "when the cows go home" !!! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #103 on: March 01, 2012, 11:19:22 AM »
Or TAR producers didn't think a team could actually get stuck in a Roadblock like this. :groan:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: March 01, 2012, 01:10:52 PM »
Or TAR producers didn't think a team could actually get stuck in a Roadblock like this. :groan:

Or they think,how can somebody forgot how to divide?  :lol3:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2012, 02:11:50 PM »
Quote from: Detoured on February 27, 2012, 01:52:04 AM

Quote from: Declive on February 26, 2012, 08:37:17 PM

Art and JJ

They did very very well, or the detour was easy?

Bingo! These two doofuses took forever to even find their detour task, but luckily for them it was much quicker than boiling water (which everyone else chose) , so their dumb luck trumped their stupidity.

I wasn't there so I can't really say, but my gut tells me that some DETOUR options are designed with a longer transportation option to offset a relatively short task. I think that is what happened here. That means that criticism of Art/JJ for difficulty finding the task site is unwarranted. 
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 09:47:36 PM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2012, 02:29:52 PM »

That's not the only math skill required for this ROADBLOCK. The selected individual must be able to:
1. Count up to the number of bulls in a pen, maybe about 20 from what I could see
2. Insert that result into the denominator
3. As the numerator, use the total weight from the auctioneer
4. Do the division and report the results (what you said, declive)

There is no advanced math here. It would maybe rate as 4th grade math but the pressure of the situation caused many errors.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2012, 02:52:31 PM »
Yeah,i know that, but i'm only saying what Dave says...he might have been struggled on the other things of the task,but he also forgot how to divide...this slow him down.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2012, 03:32:25 PM »

That's not the only math skill required for this ROADBLOCK. The selected individual must be able to:
1. Count up to the number of bulls in a pen, maybe about 20 from what I could see
2. Insert that result into the denominator
3. As the numerator, use the total weight from the auctioneer
4. Do the division and report the results (what you said, declive)

There is no advanced math here. It would maybe rate as 4th grade math but the pressure of the situation caused many errors.

You also need to throw in rounding your answer to the nearest whole kilo.

Offline Detoured

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #109 on: March 02, 2012, 05:10:08 AM »

Art and JJ

Bingo! These two doofuses took forever to even find their detour task, but luckily for them it was much quicker than boiling water (which everyone else chose) , so their dumb luck trumped their stupidity.

I wasn't these so I can really say, but my gut tells me that some DETOUR options are designed with a longer transportation option to offset a relativle short task. I think that is what happened here. That means that criticism of Art/JJ for difficulty finding the task site is unwarranted.

The narrative of the episode made it very clear that they were having difficulty finding the task. I saw nothing to suggest otherwise or that criticism of them floundering is unwarranted. The best you could do to give them the benefit of the doubt is say that maybe the edit that they got was a completely made up scenario.

DavidJunior

« Reply #110 on: March 03, 2012, 07:20:05 PM »

Art and JJ

I wasn't these so I can really say, but my gut tells me that some DETOUR options are designed with a longer transportation option to offset a relativle short task. I think that is what happened here. That means that criticism of Art/JJ for difficulty finding the task site is unwarranted.

The narrative of the episode made it very clear that they were having difficulty finding the task. I saw nothing to suggest otherwise or that criticism of them floundering is unwarranted. The best you could do to give them the benefit of the doubt is say that maybe the edit that they got was a completely made up scenario.

But also calling them idiots for missing one turn is kind of ludicrous and over-the-top.  Having an opinion about a team and sharing it is one thing, but constantly attacking every word they say and action they make is another.  Also, them choosing the 'quicker' Detour wasn't DUMB LUCK, as you called it.  They know their strengths and weaknesses, and they knew that the more physically based task was the better choice for them, and it payed off.

Offline Detoured

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #111 on: March 03, 2012, 08:34:12 PM »

Art and JJ

But also calling them idiots for missing one turn is kind of ludicrous and over-the-top.  Having an opinion about a team and sharing it is one thing, but constantly attacking every word they say and action they make is another.  Also, them choosing the 'quicker' Detour wasn't DUMB LUCK, as you called it.  They know their strengths and weaknesses, and they knew that the more physically based task was the better choice for them, and it payed off.

Give me a break! Them choosing the quicker task was absolutely complete dumb luck. If you like this team, that's fine, but don't try to represent their dumb luck as anything other than what it was... a lucky guess, but even  if they somehow did know that their task was more physical and the other one more mental (which seems unlikely from just what the clue said) , their choice would indicate that they recognize that they might not be smart enough to do the mental task, so what you are saying is that they were smart to recognize that they weren't very smart.  :lol:

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2012, 01:11:20 PM »
I figured that the reason they kept looking for the other detour is because they saw all the teams doing the one side. They probably knew that they wouldn't be able to gain much time on the other teams by doing exactly what everyone else was, and so they took a chance that the other side would be faster.