Author Topic: Ep 1 PREVIEW:: FUTURE EPISODE SPOILING!  (Read 52615 times)

Offline Lutpay

• RFF Full Member
  • #FishbachOuttaWater
Re: Ep 1 PREVIEW:: FUTURE EPISODE SPOILING!
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2012, 10:52:42 AM »
Nairobi? The gate signage is different, but compare the WC sign, roof tiling, roof lighting, flight display screen, and the curvature of the terminal.

This means Mark/Bopper, Rachel/Dave, Rachel/Brendon and Nary/Jamie survive until Africa!

OMG Neobie!  :tup: It's perfect!

Dave/Cherie (likely, sadly eliminated in Buenos Aires  :'()
Elliot/Andrew (made it to Paraguay)
Kerri/Stacy, Joey/Danny (made it to Italy)
Art/JJ (likely made it to Tanzania)
Bopper/Mark (likely made it to Tanzania)
Nary/Jamie (beekeeping roadblock in Tanzania)
Vannesa/Ralph (made it to India)
Dave/Rachel (made it to Japan)
Brendon/Rachel (F3, Hawaii) (with a M/M team too, Art/JJ??)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 10:55:55 AM by lutpayy »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Could Italy be after Azerbaijan? Italy is more down under to reach Africa  :duno:

Zouly,
Basic geography studies latitude and longitude. I am ignoring the longitudinal factors in this analysis. Here are the actual latitude degrees involved:

Turin 45 North

Baku 42 North

Nairobi 1 South

So, a trip from Baku to Turin is a latitude delta of 3. However, then you have a delta of 46 from Turin to Nairobi. From Nairobi, it depends on where a team is going, but a good possibility is Kochin at 10 North, a latitude delta of 11. The total delta is a minimum of 60.

From Turin to Baku is the same 3. From Baku to Nairobi is 43. From Nairobi to the closest point  (again Kochin) is 11. this total is 57, which is much closer than I expected.

So the case against your hypothesis rests on time. The departure from Paraguay on December 1 means that you could reach somewhere in Europe on Dec. 3. There is just not enough time to fly out to Baku, do a leg and fly back, arriving for a leg in Turin on Dec. 4 

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2012, 03:40:42 PM »
Nairobi? The gate signage is different, but compare the WC sign, roof tiling, roof lighting, flight display screen, and the curvature of the terminal.

This means Mark/Bopper, Rachel/Dave, Rachel/Brendon and Nary/Jamie survive until Africa!

OMG Neobie!  :tup: It's perfect!

Dave/Cherie (likely, sadly eliminated in Buenos Aires  :'()
Elliot/Andrew (made it to Paraguay)
Kerri/Stacy, Joey/Danny (made it to Italy)
Art/JJ (likely made it to Tanzania)
Bopper/Mark (likely made it to Tanzania)
Nary/Jamie (beekeeping roadblock in Tanzania)
Vannesa/Ralph (made it to India)
Dave/Rachel (made it to Japan)
Brendon/Rachel (F3, Hawaii) (with a M/M team too, Art/JJ??)

umm Where is Joey and Danny is least and might elimination or something?
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2012, 03:54:23 PM »
The argument scene also takes place in Nairobi - or at an airport with a Kenya Airways check-in counter. (I don't know how I managed to read that sign at the back!) So safe till Africa are: Nary/Jamie, Mark/Bopper, Rachel/Dave, Rachel/Brendon, Vanessa/Ralph, and Art/JJ.

With Tanzania is most likely Leg 7 and Turin a NEL, maybe one extra lucky team will make it to Africa, but otherwise we have a good idea of who's eliminated before this!

« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 04:03:49 PM by Neobie »

Offline Lutpay

• RFF Full Member
  • #FishbachOuttaWater
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2012, 05:27:17 PM »
The argument scene also takes place in Nairobi - or at an airport with a Kenya Airways check-in counter. (I don't know how I managed to read that sign at the back!) So safe till Africa are: Nary/Jamie, Mark/Bopper, Rachel/Dave, Rachel/Brendon, Vanessa/Ralph, and Art/JJ.

With Tanzania is most likely Leg 7 and Turin a NEL, maybe one extra lucky team will make it to Africa, but otherwise we have a good idea of who's eliminated before this!

Yeah, those teams positively made it to Africa. But I think it would be 5 eliminations before Africa, so the first five eliminated teams would be sent to ES after Azerbaijan leg..
both Argentina legs are EL, Paraguay EL, Turin NEL, Germany EL, Azerbaijan EL, one of the Tanzania legs would be a NEL...#purespec

DavidJunior

« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2012, 06:40:51 PM »
So now we have 7 teams potentially safe through Italy:

Brendan and Rachel (spotted in Hawaii; possible F3)
*Art and JJ (possibly spotted in Hawaii; possible F3)
Dave and Rachel (sighting in Japan; possible F4)
Vanessa and Ralph (promo clip in India; possible F5)
Nary and Jamie (promo clip in *Tanzania; possible F6)
Kerri and Stacy (promo clip in Turin, Italy; possible F8 )
Mark and Bopper (sighting in Turin, Italy, promo in *Azerbaijan; possible F7-8 )

* = Unconfirmed

And with Elliott and  Andrew potentially sighted in Paraguay (pit stop photo), that means it's either Dave and Cherie or Joey and Danny are out next

Then, it's between them and Elliott and Andrew for elimination in Paraguay.

NOTE: If it is indeed Elliott and Andrew in the pit stop photo with Vanessa and Ralph, I am going to infer that V/R checked in BEFORE E/A.  Here's why: we see in Ep. 1 that Dave and Rachel are still on the mat when Brendan and Rachel arrive.  D/R are instructed to move to the right as B/R come in on the left.  Assuming production wants to keep with the continuity, that the scenario seen in the Paraguay photo is the same (V/R check in first, step to the right as E/A check in next).  I make this assumption based off of the fact they have a similar continuing pattern with placement of individuals within a team: the first name in the team (ex. Elliott) will stand on the right, while the second name in the team (ex. Andrew) will stand on the left).  This, upon my recollection, held true for all the teams on leg 1, and appears to hold true for both Elliott and Andrew and Vanessa and Ralph in the Paraguay photo.

Great spec...but IS there a pic with all 4 of them on the mat at once? I only remember the one with what appears to be V/R waiting in the wings. ANd yes, teams sometimes have to wait to check in.

In the photo of the pit stop, it shows both Ralph and Vanessa are ON the mat, not a few feet away (like teams who are waiting out a penalty usually do).

Also, with 6 teams in Nairobi airport, and two other teams in Turin, it's almost certainly (about 95%) E/A getting eliminated here:

I think the team standing behind M/F team is Eilliot/Andrew,they made it to Paraguay.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2012, 06:54:01 PM »
Wait so it's a sure thing that it's Art behind Rachel (guy with red bandana)? Or is it just a main assumption? And (I think) until we get actual confirmation that it is at an African airport, we won't know for sure since based on the Kenya Airways poster, they could just be connecting at a European airport from Germany to Azerbaijan.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2012, 07:05:44 PM »
I don't believe that anyone else would  be allowed to wear a bandana that was the color of another team.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
Kerala is and has been a state within India. Its major city is Kochin to foreigners and Kochi to locals. It was featured in Amazing Race Asia 3, episode 8.

And in TAR4 - the greeter for Leg 7 (the Alleppey leg with the bull pull Road Block) welcomed teams to Kerala.

And the political party posters are a dead giveaway for India, in fact, we had that same type of "clue" the last time the Race went to India. Since all the other clips seem to for this Race, I very much doubt they'd include something from India in a "season preview" unless they were headed there.

Also, a team is shown. That's kind of a giveaway for which season it's in.

Offline amazinglatinoamericafan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2012, 08:05:01 PM »
hy, can someone tell me were is a photo of fitnes and danny because they are saying they made it to italy

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2012, 08:34:40 PM »
On top is the preview cap and on the bottom is a panoramio photo. Although taken from different spots, there are enough similarities to make me think the helo was flying near Punaluu on the eastern shore of Oahu.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2012, 08:41:43 PM »
hy, can someone tell me were is a photo of fitnes and danny because they are saying they made it to italy
This

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2012, 10:04:44 PM »
If those things (arrow) are log hives, then it's another point in favor of Tanzania. Photo set here.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2012, 10:41:34 PM »
Maybe the watermelo/honey were detour options.

i thought we decided the watermelon was in PARAGUAY
and honey was in TANZANIA

not many watermelons are produced in the area of africa, its gotta be paraguay

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2012, 10:46:00 PM »
Yes, the people watching are wearing Spanish-language shirts, and if you GIS "watermelon Paraguay" you get some good hits of pyramids.

Offline sox15

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2012, 12:23:11 AM »
On top is the preview cap and on the bottom is a panoramio photo. Although taken from different spots, there are enough similarities to make me think the helo was flying near Punaluu on the eastern shore of Oahu.

Helllllooooo....that's what I said! :)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2012, 01:01:58 AM »
If someone with maps expertise can confirm it, but pics 15-18 look VERY familiar to me because I vacationed there with my family back in 2008.  It looks like that helicopter is flying over the town of Punaluu or Kaawa.  I also did a search and the only heliport in the area is at Kualoa Ranch OR they could be flying to the Marine Base in Kaneohe.
  :tup: Yes, you have it. I can't confirm it exactly: I looked through this database of obliques and aerials to find something matching the cap below, but drew a blank. But it has to be the Punaluu area.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2012, 02:05:16 AM »
And I guess, to formally say that it is them, I guess the red bandana in the two shots match?:

I'm baaaaaack!

laimis

« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2012, 01:31:14 PM »
This

It looks more Dave (from Rachel & Dave) to me

Offline BlueRabbit

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2012, 03:00:48 PM »
Yes, the people watching are wearing Spanish-language shirts, and if you GIS "watermelon Paraguay" you get some good hits of pyramids.

The watermelon task IS from the Paraguay leg. The yellow shirt that kid is wearing is the away outfit of the Asuncion based football (soccer) club Cerro Porteño.

More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerro_Porte%C3%B1o

And right next to him, the black shirt that guy is wearing is a commemoratory T-shirt of the international championships won by Cerro Porteño's archrivals, Club Olimpia, with their usual slogan "Campeón hay uno (unseen: solo)", which can be translated as There's only one champion.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 03:21:09 PM by BlueRabbit »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2012, 03:28:19 PM »
Thanks BlueRabbit!! :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2012, 07:31:15 PM »
This

It looks more Dave (from Rachel & Dave) to me
If you look video,you will be sure this is Danny.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2012, 03:07:41 AM »
Omg! Kerala! How did I miss it? I hope it's in Trivandrum City.