Author Topic: Ep 1 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 43360 times)

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
Re: Ep 1 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**
« Reply #125 on: February 19, 2012, 08:32:37 PM »
Overall, a great first episode!!! :conf:

The team that jumped up my favourites list is Vanessa & Ralph. They were quite funny. Dave & Rachel are my favourites, though!! :hearts:

I'm liking Dave & Rachel. Hoping for more Elliott & Andrew (did anyone notice that Elliott's name was incorrectly spelled?) and Nary & Jamie next episode. :tup: And go Brenchel!

Yeah, this was interesting. I thought it was Elliott with two T's, but they wrote Elliot with one T on the screen! :duno:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #126 on: February 19, 2012, 08:35:17 PM »
What's with the ridiculously specific team labels?

I think they used to have specific presets and now they let them do whatever they want :lol: "PhD student and Event Hostess" takes up half the screen! :lol3:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: February 19, 2012, 08:41:44 PM »
What's with the ridiculously specific team labels?

I think they used to have specific presets and now they let them do whatever they want :lol: "PhD student and Event Hostess" takes up half the screen! :lol3:

And also 'Army Wife & Combat Pilot' and 'Trainer & Club Promoter'. Wow, I was surprised to see these specific labels! :o But at least it's better than Joey "Fitness" & Danny!!! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #128 on: February 19, 2012, 08:41:58 PM »
no pressure or rush but could we get up the 'season preview' so we can start investigating???  :hrt:

there was a LOT in that preview we can take :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #129 on: February 19, 2012, 08:51:18 PM »
It will be up when we can get it, things take time. :kuss:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: February 19, 2012, 08:52:58 PM »
Was this the first time Phil's had a hat on at the pit stop? What was up with that?

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
« Reply #131 on: February 19, 2012, 08:54:14 PM »
My favorite thing is that the clowns have back pack and stroller bags lol. Maybe they have some clown props with them.
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline zacz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #132 on: February 19, 2012, 08:56:25 PM »
so did we get a next week on the amazing race promo? I only saw the 'this season' thing - While it was interesting a promo directed solely at the next episode would be great

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: February 19, 2012, 08:58:36 PM »
Was this the first time Phil's had a hat on at the pit stop? What was up with that?

No, I'm pretty sure Phil has worn a hat on several other occasions. :tup: Maybe it was just a hot day? :duno:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #134 on: February 19, 2012, 08:59:11 PM »

Remember the TAR18 first episode TBC point? :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2012, 08:59:18 PM »
There are also some clues in this season's opening credits. Cheetahs, anyone?

I was surprised that the outbound flight arrangement from LAX apparently had everyone on the same flight to Buenos Aires, and then separated the teams for the connecting flight to Salta. That was different and I don't recall ever seeing that done with the opening flight before. They had a very quick clip in there that showed that teams arrived in Buenos Aires at night, and no hint of the Miami connection; but it certainly is clear that the first leg took just about 48 hours to complete.

A team took almost two hours to find the one clue envelope that was left? Turned out to be the last team to check in, so a bit of karma right off.

I was surprised how little screen time Elliot and Andrew had in this episode; in fact we didn't see them from the time they got to the roadblock clue until they were at the winery for the empanadas task. I'm assuming Elliot and Andrew are not much for drama.

Very little movement between the two groups once the teams arrived in Salta; so I suspect the check in times are likely broken into two groups as well.

Loved the twist with the roadblock task; that was a sure fire way to have the gals end up skydiving and not the guys. The detail in the empanadas task shows that it has become very important to pay close attention to what goes on in instructions and examples in tasks these days. (This has been true ever since the "donate all your cash" task a couple of seasons ago.)

All in all a very good first episode. And I was surprised we got a "season" preview and not a second leg preview, even though CBS has already confirmed in its listings where the second leg takes place.
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #136 on: February 19, 2012, 09:01:13 PM »

If I recall correctly, Phil had a hat on in one of the UAE legs a few seasons ago at the mat (maybe the leg Canaan and Mika were eliminated?), and possibly a couple of other times, but that's the one time I can visualize easily.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 01:00:03 AM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #137 on: February 19, 2012, 10:59:22 PM »
Seriously. Joey "Fitness" :lol:

YEA. RIGHT. So much so for surviving based on the sheer mistake of another team. I don't really like Misa and Maiya but dang, going out like that was heart-wrenching to watch. Especially by the team whom I hated most out of the lot. :res:

The clowns are hilarious and so much fun to watch! Kerri and Stacey <3 moment. Dave and Rachel are such a sweet team, same with Vanessa and Ralph... but Brendon and Rachel is just ewww. So glad Dave and Rachel beat them to the EP. I guess you can't have the best of both world.

I like the twins, the federal agents.. Mark and Bopper can get a tad bit annoying... and Art and JJ are just ewww. Just freaking stop WHINING.

As for the task, SKYDIVING <3 & WITH HD. DOUBLE <3.

The food making task was random and honestly, I thought the lady was biased... Joey and Danny's dumplings looks like sh*t and she gave them a PASS? I wouldn't eat ANY of those they made.

I guess Misa and Maiya were fated to go.. and to have such an exciting first leg... I am looking forward to the entire SEASON!

But... I already dislike some teams already -_-

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #138 on: February 19, 2012, 11:26:36 PM »
Why it has to be them the first to go?  :'( They are very visually appealing. I wish we saw more personality from them.
Dang it, I wish this season has elimination station. Or does it?
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James

Offline kungfuwomn

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2012, 12:58:32 PM »
Of Course Brendon & Rachel are my favorites the teams.I also seem to like the teams that are closest to them like Bopper who was at premier party with Brenchel last night & said they were the best heartest ppl he has ever met which makes me like him even more. I love the clowns who are also close to them dont like the wicked witch Rachel i think she's jealous of The Red Queen aka Shamrock Rachel.Also dont like Vanessa another woman whose jealous of Rachel.Im hoping the clowns and the KY friends make it far in the game along with Team Brenchel.

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2012, 02:07:17 PM »
love the wrong-called "underdogs"...!! go clowns and Kentucky
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #141 on: February 20, 2012, 06:15:58 PM »
Offline supah3ro

RFF Jr. Member

« Reply #121 on: Yesterday at 08:28:36 PM »

i actually didn't mind Maiya and Misa, but they seriously HAVE to be brought back for an all stars  :hearts:

suprah3ro,
If any at World Race Productions is idiotic enough to allow a team that did not make it to the 2nd leg into ANY All-Star event, they are smoking way too much something.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #142 on: February 20, 2012, 07:56:48 PM »
Maiya and Misa having problems seeing the mat almost right under their noses is one thing, but they were also the last team to finish the starting line task (way behind the other teams apparently), so their problems in the leg weren't just at the end of the leg.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #143 on: February 20, 2012, 09:02:16 PM »
Just finished watching the episode...
I find it was a pretty good starter. May be a good indicator for this season (but last season's Taipei episode was pretty good too, and then... :res:)
I think that the starting line task was one of the best, with Misa & Maiya being there for 1h45 :o, but I didnt found it that intense, maybe because of the fact that there were no penalty. Bring back the Hazard!! :lol:
Loved how they "reversed" the Roadblock explanation so that the one not doing it is finally doing the most difficult task. The RB wasn't really hard tho, and at the end, all this parachuting stuff was a bit long...
The empanada task was pretty hard, loved how some teams needed to restart it. It could have been nice if they needed to eat all of them afterwards, but oh well...
Love when the pitstop is at the same place as the last task + it's an elimination point

Misa & Maiya did not had a great performance, and (:;) to them for saving Joey & Danny. These last two seem just :eww. How could they have been cast?
We saw a lot of Mark & Bopper. Would not surprise me if they make it to the final 6. But they may get a bit annoying at the end.
We sadly did not saw lots of Nary & Jamie and Elliot & Andrew. Means anything on their ranking after Jeremy & Sandy last season, but would love to see some kind of storyline for them
At first, I did not liked Brendon & Rachel, but they may be great entertainement for this season :lol:
But I don't know where all the love for Dave & Rachel come from. They just seem to be a generic couple.
Vanessa & Ralph makes me think a bit of Lori & Bolo. Loled when Vanessa said "My uterus is in my throat". Made me think of Lori's "My implants are frozen!"
Dave & Cherie...did NOT get eliminated first :hearts:. I really though they were going to be the first boot. They dosent seem to be very fit but they did pretty well at the empanada task
Don't know yet if I'll love or hate Art & JJ...
And Kerri & Stacy seem to be just a tipical ff early boot, maybe final 9 or 8

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #144 on: February 20, 2012, 09:21:58 PM »
Did anyone else think that the fact they got all of them to "cycle" to the starting line... pretty uncool way to start an Amazing Race IMO... they're preparing and gearing up this season to be a highly physical one where only the strong teams will stay?

I mean.. they didn't really cast anyone severely overweight or unfit this season. :duno:

Offline TarJunkie999

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #145 on: February 20, 2012, 10:15:23 PM »
Did anyone else think that the fact they got all of them to "cycle" to the starting line... pretty uncool way to start an Amazing Race IMO... they're preparing and gearing up this season to be a highly physical one where only the strong teams will stay?

I mean.. they didn't really cast anyone severely overweight or unfit this season. :duno:

Actually, the opening may have nothing to do with the actual race, but more to do with Phil, or rather, what Phil did BEFORE the race.

Seems Phil cycled across America with a peloton for some charity or some such noble cause.  He spoke about it when he appeared on the CBS Late Late Show with Craig Furgeson last week.  Unfortunately, he didn't spend more than a few seconds talking about TAR, but rather spend most of the time talking about some sort of "cream" to soothe "saddle sore", caused by extended cycling.  LOL...

But I digress...  safe to say Phil came up with the idea for the opening,  or maybe not.  True enough, half the racers probably wouldn't last more than a few miles on a bike before keeling over (kinda like the hillbilly last night, rolfing out the car window.. LOL )   :lol:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: February 21, 2012, 04:38:08 PM »
Tar Junkie999,

the word "peloton" does not compute for me regarding "The Ride". I have seen the trailer (http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/the_amazing_race_20/2012_Feb_17_ride-season-20-debut is one of many) but not the full documentary. However, I feel confident in what I am about to say.

A peloton is a large group of riders (usually most of the field except for a few riders who escape at the front to maybe gain ad advantage) who race for perhaps 200 miles each day in cycling events like The Tour de France. There were occasional charity events in metropolitan areas of "cycle with Phil" which were part of "The Ride," but in most cases the number of riders accompanying Phil were 1 to 6. 

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #147 on: February 22, 2012, 01:26:22 AM »
But I digress...  safe to say Phil came up with the idea for the opening,  or maybe not.  True enough, half the racers probably wouldn't last more than a few miles on a bike before keeling over (kinda like the hillbilly last night, rolfing out the car window.. LOL )   :lol:

According to interviews riding bikes to the start was NOT Phil's idea. But he was apparently quite easy to convince that it was a good idea.

PS I'm looking for a download of "The Ride" as I live on the wrong side of the pond to be able to see it.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #148 on: February 22, 2012, 01:36:56 AM »
Prior to the premiere of this season, I predicted that it wouldn't be a good season for me 'cos I had three great seasons (TAR 17, 18 and 19) in a row and it's time for a bad one. After watching the first episode, my suspicion is confirmed. It gave me a very TAR 16 feel (I disliked that season), with the great number of all-male teams and the fact that we have a Big Brother couple on the season as well. I already dislike a few teams (not great for a start), and one of the very few teams I like was eliminated in the first episode in such a horrible way. So... I guess this won't be a great season for me! But I'll take it, since I had three great seasons before this. Now, I'm only counting on Nary and Jamie, Dave and Cherie, and Elliot and Andrew.

TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`