Archive > The Amazing Race 20 Spoilers

Ep 1 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**

<< < (30/30)

TarJunkie999:

--- Quote from: Joab on February 20, 2012, 09:21:58 PM ---Did anyone else think that the fact they got all of them to "cycle" to the starting line... pretty uncool way to start an Amazing Race IMO... they're preparing and gearing up this season to be a highly physical one where only the strong teams will stay?

I mean.. they didn't really cast anyone severely overweight or unfit this season. :duno:

--- End quote ---

Actually, the opening may have nothing to do with the actual race, but more to do with Phil, or rather, what Phil did BEFORE the race.

Seems Phil cycled across America with a peloton for some charity or some such noble cause.  He spoke about it when he appeared on the CBS Late Late Show with Craig Furgeson last week.  Unfortunately, he didn't spend more than a few seconds talking about TAR, but rather spend most of the time talking about some sort of "cream" to soothe "saddle sore", caused by extended cycling.  LOL...

But I digress...  safe to say Phil came up with the idea for the opening,  or maybe not.  True enough, half the racers probably wouldn't last more than a few miles on a bike before keeling over (kinda like the hillbilly last night, rolfing out the car window.. LOL )   :lol:

apskip:
Tar Junkie999,

the word "peloton" does not compute for me regarding "The Ride". I have seen the trailer (http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/the_amazing_race_20/2012_Feb_17_ride-season-20-debut is one of many) but not the full documentary. However, I feel confident in what I am about to say.

A peloton is a large group of riders (usually most of the field except for a few riders who escape at the front to maybe gain ad advantage) who race for perhaps 200 miles each day in cycling events like The Tour de France. There were occasional charity events in metropolitan areas of "cycle with Phil" which were part of "The Ride," but in most cases the number of riders accompanying Phil were 1 to 6. 

maf:

--- Quote from: TarJunkie999 on February 20, 2012, 10:15:23 PM ---But I digress...  safe to say Phil came up with the idea for the opening,  or maybe not.  True enough, half the racers probably wouldn't last more than a few miles on a bike before keeling over (kinda like the hillbilly last night, rolfing out the car window.. LOL )   :lol:

--- End quote ---

According to interviews riding bikes to the start was NOT Phil's idea. But he was apparently quite easy to convince that it was a good idea.

PS I'm looking for a download of "The Ride" as I live on the wrong side of the pond to be able to see it.

Ruth:
Prior to the premiere of this season, I predicted that it wouldn't be a good season for me 'cos I had three great seasons (TAR 17, 18 and 19) in a row and it's time for a bad one. After watching the first episode, my suspicion is confirmed. It gave me a very TAR 16 feel (I disliked that season), with the great number of all-male teams and the fact that we have a Big Brother couple on the season as well. I already dislike a few teams (not great for a start), and one of the very few teams I like was eliminated in the first episode in such a horrible way. So... I guess this won't be a great season for me! But I'll take it, since I had three great seasons before this. Now, I'm only counting on Nary and Jamie, Dave and Cherie, and Elliot and Andrew.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version