Author Topic: TAR 20 Ep 1: "Tears Of A Clown" (Santa Barbara, Argentina)  (Read 61357 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: TAR 20 Ep 1: "Tears Of A Clown" (Santa Barbara, Argentina)
« Reply #125 on: February 20, 2012, 08:06:17 PM »
I've never heard of such an instruction on the first roadblock of the Race. I had noticed something as a Note on the clue, but I hadn't had a chance to replay the episode and freeze-frame that to see what it said.
I haven't seen anything to explain that curious restriction either, and I'd rather not guess. Was there anything on the insider videos about this?

Edited to add: I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, but it appears the show is going to continue to not have a sign at the pit stop mat, nor likely to see traditional clue boxes based on this episode. It wouldn't surprise me if we don't even see one traditional clue box this time out.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 08:15:35 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #126 on: February 21, 2012, 01:37:03 AM »
Edited to add: I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, but it appears the show is going to continue to not have a sign at the pit stop mat, nor likely to see traditional clue boxes based on this episode. It wouldn't surprise me if we don't even see one traditional clue box this time out.

There was a traditional clue box at the airport.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #127 on: February 21, 2012, 02:41:57 AM »
by the way, did you saw new clue box on TAR 20?
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Lutpay

• RFF Full Member
  • #FishbachOuttaWater
« Reply #128 on: February 21, 2012, 03:29:25 AM »
I've never heard of such an instruction on the first roadblock of the Race. I had noticed something as a Note on the clue, but I hadn't had a chance to replay the episode and freeze-frame that to see what it said.
I haven't seen anything to explain that curious restriction either, and I'd rather not guess. Was there anything on the insider videos about this?

Additional note on the roadblock clue:
Andrew and Ralph MUST do this Roadblock

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #129 on: February 21, 2012, 03:38:33 AM »
by the way, did you saw new clue box on TAR 20?

YES, I have collected them and will be post under Cluebox thread or What's unique in TAR Discussion Board  :tup:
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2012, 03:02:18 AM »

Additional note on the roadblock clue:
Andrew and Ralph MUST do this Roadblock

I think it might be hight issues with the skydiving task.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2012, 11:08:58 AM »
If it was height issues, they wouldn't need to exclude one twin at the expense of another. I'd say there might be a weight requirement, but how that would allow for the Guidos to complete it without issue I don't know.

Maybe it's to ensure that everyone doing the task can drive out to their partner (what with the car being stick)? I think Andrew was doing the driving for his team the whole leg.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: February 23, 2012, 11:19:50 AM »
Maybe it's to ensure that everyone doing the task can drive out to their partner (what with the car being stick)? I think Andrew was doing the driving for his team the whole leg.

I doubt it was related to driving a stick-shift car because Danny said (and showed) that he could not drive a stick-shift.  I'm confident our crew will get to the answer one of these days.

DavidJunior

« Reply #133 on: February 23, 2012, 12:33:00 PM »
What about a medical condition?

I don't know if any of them have one, but it's a viable reason for being excluded from a skydiving task

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: February 26, 2012, 11:35:56 AM »
I don't know where I should post this, but I created a graph (If you guys don't already have one) showing positions of the racers throughout the leg.

Offline slpdx

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #135 on: February 26, 2012, 11:46:14 AM »

I don't know if any of them have one, but it's a viable reason for being excluded from a skydiving task

Or, what if it's because he's a professional athlete.  I know he's not on the level of let's say a top-tier NFL player, but many, if not most, professional athletes have clauses in the their contract that prohibit them taking part in "risky" physical activities. 

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #136 on: February 26, 2012, 12:22:54 PM »
That's a connection that makes some sense because Ralph is an MMA fighter.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #137 on: February 26, 2012, 12:29:35 PM »

Or, what if it's because he's a professional athlete.  I know he's not on the level of let's say a top-tier NFL player, but many, if not most, professional athletes have clauses in the their contract that prohibit them taking part in "risky" physical activities. 

I think Ralph's size is the limiting factor here. Many skydiving sites have height and weight restrictions, which could easily apply here.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 12:55:25 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #138 on: February 26, 2012, 12:30:06 PM »
I don't know where I should post this, but I created a graph (If you guys don't already have one) showing positions of the racers throughout the leg.

Thanks jimmer!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #139 on: February 26, 2012, 12:54:06 PM »
That's really interesting jimmer. I hope you can make one for each episode!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: February 26, 2012, 01:50:27 PM »

I'll try! :tup:

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2012, 01:19:43 AM »

Keep up the good work jimmer... you can start a new thread under the TAR 20 Discussions...  ;)
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: February 28, 2012, 09:58:23 AM »
Wow,Jimmer's leaderboard  :colors :colors :colors
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #143 on: February 28, 2012, 02:08:07 PM »

Keep up the good work jimmer... you can start a new thread under the TAR 20 Discussions...  ;)

Or leave it in each Episode thread would be better please!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2012, 06:58:41 PM »
Thanks, Jimmer  :jam:. Since yakc seems to be taking this season off, your efforts are appreciated.
Looking at the chart, it would seem the flights were more important than the tasks: if a team arrived on the first or second plane, then they stayed with that bracket. Strange, then, that we didn't see any driving/ticket drama on the way to LAX. At least one team (Kentucky) took Hwy 154 over the mountains, which is not the obvious choice. And most teams had no trouble finding SB Argentina. So everybody was probably given specific driving directions for that leg.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #145 on: February 29, 2012, 01:27:36 AM »
And most teams had no trouble finding SB Argentina. So everybody was probably given specific driving directions for that leg.

I would guess that the instructions said that SB was located along highway 68 south of Salta. And that is pretty much all you need to know. There are just two roads leaving the south part of Salta and 68 is one of them. SB is the right on this road, approx 140km south of Salta.

The point here is that if you know SB is on R68 then it is easy to find, otherwise it would probably have been very hard since it is just a couple of houses which probably not many know about.