Author Topic: TAR 20 Ep 1: "Tears Of A Clown" (Santa Barbara, Argentina)  (Read 61349 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 20 Ep 1: "Tears Of A Clown" (Santa Barbara, Argentina)
« on: February 11, 2012, 12:40:05 AM »
THE WORLD IS WAITING!

Premiere Date is Feb 19, 2012!

Title find thanks to ovalorange!

The 20th edition of the reality series begins with 11 teams of two meeting in Santa Barbara, Cal., where they receive instructions to fly to Santa Barbara, Argentina, to start their global trek.
     --via TV GUIDE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE RACERS' COURAGE IS TESTED DURING THE SEASON'S FIRST ROADBLOCK WHEN THEY FIND THEMSELVES LEAPING FROM A PLANE AT 10,000 FEET ABOVE ARGENTINA, ON THE 20TH SEASON PREMIERE OF "THE AMAZING RACE," FEB. 19

CHEAT TWEET: Could U skydive from 10k ft above Argentina despite an extreme fear of heights? @amazingrace_cbs returns 2/19 @8pm, ET/PT http://bit.ly/AoGrxW   

"Tears of a Clown" (Santa Barbara, Argentina) — As 11 Teams depart Santa Barbara, Calif. for Santa Barbara, Argentina, one team struggles to keep their nerves at bay.  Meanwhile, Teams quickly discover winning $1 million may be tougher than expected when they find themselves skydiving from a plane at 10,000 feet, on the 20th season premiere of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Feb. 19 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host.

PRESS:

This season, the teams will travel across five continents, 22 cities and close to 40,000 miles, visiting Paraguay and Azerbaijan for the first time in the history of CBS's "The Amazing Race."
Challenges on Season 20 include skydiving in Argentina, training with Masai warriors in Tanzani and a race through Africa's "Garden of Eden." The competitors will also face a food challenge in Italy and search King Ludwig's quarters in the German castle that was the inspiration for the castle in "Sleeping Beauty."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/25/the-amazing-race-season-20-cast_n_1231000.html

-----------------------------------------
... stops will include Paraguay, Azerbaijan and Tanzania. In all the racers will visit five continents, 22 cities and nearly 40,000 miles.
Emmy-winning executive producer Bertram van Munster told us the route "is so off the wall and so crazy that it almost killed us. It's really very original—the whole ensemble, the cast and the route and the challenges are really unique, it's probably one of the best [seasons] we've ever done—and very competitive."
Because they all have the drive to win, van Munster revealed, we won't see season 20's sharing clues, and answers, that all but destroyed the competitive spirit in recent seasons. "These guys are not doing it [sharing information] this season," he assured us. "They get the drift. Sometimes it happens, but at the end of the day they have to all screw each other, if they want the million bucks."

http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/amazing_race_announces_season_20_cast/289019#ixzz1kZfoWERW

Look for this FORMAT week to week!
post 1: PRESS
post 2: Preview and Promo vids
post 3: TIMELINE (taken from spoiler info)
post 4: summaries, if any :lol:

So do keep an eye here for the latest updates!

« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 05:34:59 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 20 Ep 1: "Tears Of A Clown" (Santa Barbara, Argentina)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 12:43:12 AM »
All PRE Show Promos are here:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26795.msg707602.html#msg707602

NEW EP 1 Promos will be added here.

DIVE!! (promo 4)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/r3vdcqtNuBA?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/r3vdcqtNuBA?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

Sports PIP from 2-12:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/s7475SSNXgQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/s7475SSNXgQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

FIRST 2 MINUTES PREVIEW!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/h3TtWu_eNtI?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/h3TtWu_eNtI?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

Santa Barbara diving!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9ICPIhhxA4U?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9ICPIhhxA4U?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 08:20:42 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 12:52:38 AM »
DOM EL's Awesome TIMELINE!!

The Amazing Race 20
Five continents, 22 cities and nearly 40,000 miles... (CBS)

Leg 1 (Santa Barbara, USA → Santa Barbara, Argentina )

Filmed
November 26-28
Broadcast
February 19

START LINE
Bridlewood Winery, Santa Barbara, California (caper / Slowhatch)

Start Line TASK
Involves searching through race coloured balloons (Zouly)

FLIGHTS
LAX (Twitter) > Miami on AA276 (Twitter [IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb40/domel9/camera.png)
Miami > Buenos Aires (Twitter) on Unknown

ROADBLOCK
Skydiving above Salta (Neobie)

Active Route InfoMake 120 empanadas (CBS)

PIT STOPPatios de Cafayate Winery (CBS)

« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 03:01:57 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 12:53:08 AM »
saved for summaries , if any! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 12:53:25 AM »
just in case.....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 09:26:44 PM »
caps
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 10:20:52 AM »
So exciting!!! I have high expectations after seeing our cast! :yess:

Also, I'm not sure where the most appropriate place to point this out is, or if someone else has already mentioned it elsewhere, but the Episode 2 title on the CBS Schedule says:

"You Know I'm Not As Smart As You" (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 10:39:13 AM »
Thamks! Media is the place. ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:

addie

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 10:42:15 AM »
I don't know were I can post this but:
Does someone know the song that is played during the sky diving in the promo "Dive"promo 4?
I like it :)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 11:05:16 AM by addie »

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 11:31:03 AM »
Does someone know the song that is played during the sky diving in the promo "Dive"promo 4?

Ready To Go - Panic! At The Disco

addie

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 11:51:08 AM »

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 05:35:34 PM »
I am very excited  :gaah: The cast is diverse and the destinations are beautiful.  :colors
The title quote is already obvious.
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 11:01:51 PM »
Thamks! Media is the place. ;)

Cool! I'll keep that in mind for future episodes! :tup: (If someone doesn't beat me to it! :lol: )
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 11:28:17 PM »

Ready To Go - Panic! At The Disco

The song used in First promo and Season 20!!! is: Panic! At The Disco - "Ready To Go"
The song used in Here We Go!!! is: Ian Axel - "This Is The New Year"
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 11:23:18 AM »
Still no luck on SB Argentina. There are churches named Santa Barbara, and a street in Salta named SB, but the only towns I could find were either wide spots in the road or outhouses in the wilderness. Maybe the producers will put up a sign for an "amazing" SB.

Offline balfour

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 01:13:10 PM »
Still no luck on SB Argentina. There are churches named Santa Barbara, and a street in Salta named SB, but the only towns I could find were either wide spots in the road or outhouses in the wilderness. Maybe the producers will put up a sign for an "amazing" SB.

There's a small village named Santa Bárbara close to where the skydiving happens. It's in the department of Cafayate, which is where Neobie placed the skydiving.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_B%C3%A1rbara_(Salta)
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_B%C3%A1rbara_(Salta) [Spanish]
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 01:19:44 PM by balfour »

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 02:59:21 PM »
http://tvpressfeed.com/2012/02/ford-announced-as-the-official-auto-sponsor-of-the-amazing-race/

Ford Announced as the Official Auto Sponsor of “The Amazing Race”

CBS AND FORD PARTNER TO RUN THE 20TH SEASON OF THE EMMY AWARD-WINNING “THE AMAZING RACE”

Ford is the Official Auto Sponsor of the Series and Will Have a Digital Extension on CBS.com

The New 2013 Ford Taurus Will Be Featured in the Premiere Episode on Feb. 19

CBS and Ford have teamed up again to run THE AMAZING RACE this spring as 11 new teams set off on a global adventure starting Sunday, Feb. 19 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Ford’s sponsorship includes on-air components featuring the new 2013 Taurus in the premiere episode, when teams begin the race in Santa Barbara, California’s wine country.  After receiving their first clue from host Phil Keoghan, the 11 teams jump into a new Ford Taurus where they receive additional information about their first destination via the “MyFord Touch” system in each vehicle. Teams will drive their cars to Los Angeles International Airport before departing on their first leg to Argentina.

Ford’s Fiesta and Focus will also make appearances in additional episodes this season.  Also, one lucky team will win two new 2013 Ford Taurus vehicles for finishing in first place in an upcoming leg of the Race.

Ford will also have a digital extension on CBS.com where viewers can take part in an online scavenger hunt to collect virtual passport stamps throughout the season. In addition to weekly prizes, one lucky fan will have the chance to win a 2013 Ford Taurus, along with $15,000 toward their own amazing journey.

“Ford’s partnership with CBS and THE AMAZING RACE provides another exciting opportunity to collaborate within a unique entertainment environment and showcase our newest vehicles and technologies,” said Crystal Worthem, Brand Content and Alliances Manager at Ford Motor Company. “This season has allowed Ford to seamlessly integrate the new Taurus in-show and online, while our collaborative efforts throughout the season will allow viewers to further engage with the brand and our growing portfolio of global vehicles.”

THE AMAZING RACE sends 11 teams on a trek around the world.  Each team is comprised of two people who have a pre-existing relationship with one another. At every destination, each team competes in a series of challenges – some mental and some physical – and when the tasks have been completed, they learn their next destination. Teams who are farthest behind will gradually be eliminated as the contest progresses, with the first team to arrive at the final destination winning $1 million.
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 03:10:09 PM »
Keeping the car curse alive! :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 03:23:02 PM »
There are four new photos from the CBS Press site with the following captions:

"Tears of a Clown (Santa Barbara, Argentina)"-- Emmy award nominated host Phil Keoghan leads all of the teams to the starting line at Bridlewood Winery in Santa Barbara, Ca on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, February 19 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/ CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

"Tears of a Clown (Santa Barbara, Argentina)"--The teams make their way via bicycle to the staring line at Bridlewood Winery in Santa Barbara, Ca on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, February 19 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/ CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

"Tears of a Clown (Santa Barbara, Argentina)"--Emmy award nominated host Phil Keoghan (left) at the Pit Stop at Patios de Cafayate Winery in Argentina, on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, February 19 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/ CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

"Tears of a Clown (Santa Barbara, Argentina)"--Emmy award nominated host Phil Keoghan (left) at the starting line at Bridlewood Winery in Santa Barbara, Ca on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, February 19 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Greg Gayne/ CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2012, 03:25:22 PM »
Could you please upload the photos...?

"THIS SITE IS NOT AVAILABLE FROM YOUR LOCATION"...  :res:

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2012, 03:33:25 PM »
Could you please upload the photos...?

"THIS SITE IS NOT AVAILABLE FROM YOUR LOCATION"...  :res:

I can't view the full sized images because they are locked but there are thumbnails of them:

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 04:36:57 PM »
Thanks...  :hearts:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 04:54:29 PM »
The dropzone is 11km/6.8mi driving distance from the Pit Stop along Route 68, with an airport (possibly where the skydiving plane takes off) between the two.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 05:05:58 PM by Neobie »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2012, 06:21:56 PM »
There's a small village named Santa Bárbara close to where the skydiving happens. It's in the department of Cafayate, which is where Neobie placed the skydiving.

"Tears of a Clown (Santa Barbara, Argentina)"--Emmy award nominated host Phil Keoghan (left) at the Pit Stop at Patios de Cafayate Winery in Argentina, on THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, February 19 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/ CBS ©2012 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

O.K. where is this particular village in relation to the winery being used for the pit stop?

-- theschnauzers

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2012, 06:37:30 PM »
I've taken all of the photos that CBS made available and organized them by the time the photo was taken. Unfortunately I can't get the full resolution version, so I've just enlarged the thumbnails.

Emmy award nominated host Phil Keoghan leads all of the teams to the starting line at Bridlewood Winery in Santa Barbara, Ca

The teams make their way via bicycle to the staring line at Bridlewood Winery in Santa Barbara, Ca

Sisters Misa (left) and Maiya (right) make their way via bicycle to the staring line at Bridlewood Winery in Santa Barbara, Ca

Twins Elliot (left) and Andrew (right) make their way via bicycle to the staring line at Bridlewood Winery in Santa Barbara, Ca

Friends Joey (left) and Danny (right) make their way to the staring line at Bridlewood Winery in Santa Barbara, Ca

Army couple Rachel and Dave make their way to the staring line at Bridlewood Winery in Santa Barbara, Ca

Boarder patrol agents Art (left) and JJ (right) make their way to the staring line at Bridlewood Winery in Santa Barbara, Ca

Emmy award nominated host Phil Keoghan (left) at the starting line at Bridlewood Winery in Santa Barbara, Ca

Best Friends Bopper (left) and Mark (right) search 100 hot air balloons for their first clue sitting in a basket at Bridlewood Winery in Santa Barbara, Ca

In this Road Block, Nary must skydive then find the next clue in Cafayate, Argentina

n this Road Block, Vanessa must skydive then find the next clue in Cafayate, Argentina

In this Road Block, Elliot must skydive then find the next clue in Cafayate, Argentina

In this Active Route Marker, Dating divorcees Ralph and Vanessa must make 120 empanadas in order to receive the next clue in Cafayate, Argentina

In this Active Route Marker,Married clowns Cherie and David must make 120 empanadas in order to receive the next clue in Cafayate, Argentina

In this Active Route Marker, Cousins Kerri (left) and Stacy (right) must make 120 empanadas in order to receive the next clue in Cafayate, Argentina

In this Active Route Marker, Friends Joey (left) and Danny (right) must make 120 empanadas in order to receive the next clue in Cafayate, Argentina

Emmy award nominated host Phil Keoghan (left) at the Pit Stop at Patios de Cafayate Winery in Argentina
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 09:05:02 PM by walkingpneumonia »
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere