Author Topic: Best TAR Leg  (Read 36904 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Best TAR Leg
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2015, 10:23:23 PM »
Marionette sharing the TAR24 Malaysia 2 love <3

I don't get why people love Spain in TAR 24. Seriously, it had a Roadblock where you had to shave cream off a balloon. Can someone please enlighten me? ???

BIG RED X

EAOWadsy

« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2017, 05:14:15 PM »
I don't get why people love Spain in TAR 24. Seriously, it had a Roadblock where you had to shave cream off a balloon. Can someone please enlighten me? ???

LOL, my point exactly. The entire season is a piece of garbage, I didn't enjoy any leg that god awful season.

EAOWadsy

« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2017, 05:38:41 PM »
Best leg from every season, in my opinion:

1. New York, USA (Final Leg)
2. Sydney, Australia (Leg 8 )
3. Montreux, Switzerland (Leg 9)
4. Borneo, Malaysia (Leg 9)
5. Rotorua, New Zealand (Leg 10)
6. X'ian, China (Leg 11)
7. London, England (Leg 10)
8. None...
9. Athens, Greece (Leg 6)
10. Turku, Finland & Kiev, Ukraine (Leg 9)
11. Krakow, Poland (Leg 8 )
12. Dubrovnik, Croatia (Leg 6)
13. Tauranga, New Zealand (Leg 4)
14. Transylvania, Romania (Leg 3)
15. Stockholm, Sweden (Leg 8 )
16. None...
17. Lapland, Sweden (Leg 4)
18. Manly, Australia (Leg 1)
19. Copenhagen, Denmark (Leg 8 )
20. Bavaria, Germany (Leg 5)
21. Marllorca, Spain (Leg 10)
22. Berlin, Germany (Leg 9)
23. Vienna, Austria (Leg 6)
24. None...
25. Valleta, Malta (Leg 8 )
26. Monte Carlo, Monaco (Leg 6)
27. Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe (Leg 5)
28. Yerevan, Armenia (Leg 6)
29. Lake Como, Italy (Leg 6)

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2017, 07:10:30 PM »
Best leg post TAR24:

TAR25: Copenhagen, Denmark
TAR26: Amsterdam, Netherlands
TAR27: NY, USA
TAR28: Tbilisi, Georgia
TAR29: Ninh Binh, Vietnam (Though most of the legs this season sans Italy 1 post-nightrest part was good/decent/great on their own especially the endgame Asia legs.)

TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2017, 07:33:31 PM »
My favourite legs in a season, would have to be TAR22

TARAus3 America was great!

TARC1 legs were also good

And of course, EL Nino  :luvya:

EAOWadsy

« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2017, 04:10:54 AM »
My favourite leg of all time from The Amazing Race is from Season 6... And can you guess what leg it is? The one and only penultimate leg in X'ian.

Nothing does it better for than this, mainly because it features the visit to my favourite ever location - the Terra Cotta Warriors Museum, let alone the rest of X'ian like Mount Hua and the Pit Stop location which were stunning to a degree I've never seen before. We then have non-stop intensive drama by the teams, the Roadblock which proved to be the golden cup of the leg, followed by Hayden & Aaron receiving a four-hour penalty and getting eliminated. Despite the fact that I wanted them to win of the four remaining teams, the proposal was sweet and something I never forgot.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 04:14:16 AM by Wadsy591 »

Offline Palperro

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • aka Paldog aka Paldog123456
« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2017, 11:53:19 AM »
My favourite leg of all time from The Amazing Race is from Season 6... And can you guess what leg it is? The one and only penultimate leg in X'ian.

Nothing does it better for than this, mainly because it features the visit to my favourite ever location - the Terra Cotta Warriors Museum, let alone the rest of X'ian like Mount Hua and the Pit Stop location which were stunning to a degree I've never seen before. We then have non-stop intensive drama by the teams, the Roadblock which proved to be the golden cup of the leg, followed by Hayden & Aaron receiving a four-hour penalty and getting eliminated. Despite the fact that I wanted them to win of the four remaining teams, the proposal was sweet and something I never forgot.

I love this episode and the leg (definitely my fav from season 6), but I feel like a luck task right before the final elimination was kind of unfair.
Por ti volaré

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2018, 11:27:30 AM »
TAR 17, Leg 2 (Ghana) - the Race's first visit to Ghana; a fun Roadblock with hilarious locals; tons of interaction with locals between the Detour and Pit Stop

TAR 17, Leg 6 (Russia) - such a challenging/memorable Detour

TAR 17, Leg 9 (Bangladesh) - the first ever Double U-Turn and still the best execution of it...

TAR 20, Leg 3 (Paraguay) - one of the best legs of the HD era. Challenging Detour and Roadblock. Nowadays TAR would make this a NEL because it was so hard... & don't forget the epic race to the Pit Stop.

TAR 25, Leg 5 (Morocco) - a very full and memorable episode. A Route Info task, Roadblock, Speed Bump, Detour, and Double U-Turn!

TAR 25, Leg 9 (Singapore) - another very full leg from TAR 25. A Fast Forward battle, Jim falling at the Roadblock, the painful Detour, Double U-Turn drama, and a Route Info task.

I think this thread made me realize how important it is to have a good cast.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 11:51:27 AM by RaceUntilWeDie »

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2018, 12:43:29 AM »
I haven't seen some seasons in so long, I couldn't remember anything about episodes and Legs even if I read Wikipedia summaries. lol Also, there are well designed Legs that produce duds as episodes and poorly designed Legs that somehow make great TV.

So from the seasons that I can remember (and some I probably know by heart! hehe)

TAR3
Pretty much every Leg, but...
Both Vietnam Legs (Legs 11 & 12) - Obviously just epic and all-time classic episodes and Legs.

TAR4
Malaysia (Leg 9) - A simple, straightforward Leg that turned into a grueling, dramatic Race.

TAR5
The Philippine Legs are memorable episodes thanks to the teams, though the Legs themselves maybe don't hold up as well aside from "My Ox is Broken" Otherwise,
Uruguay (Leg 1) - Now this is a season premiere. A great first Leg with solid tasks and tricky clues. Add in the teams all delivering, and you've got a great one.
Argentina 1 (Leg 2) - Maybe since I recently just watched it again, it's fresh in my mind, but it was a hectic Leg with lots of drama and good competition. Again, the teams helped make the Leg much more than it was on paper.

TAR6
Another season with a lot of great Legs. But I'd go with:
Ethiopia (Leg 8) - Great Leg with both physical tasks and some attention to detail and luck. Plus donkeys!

TAR7
India SuperLeg (Leg 8) - TAR7 is pretty low on my list. But Gretchen on the elephant is enough to make me choose it.
South Africa (Leg 5) and Botswana (Leg 6) are close as well for Gretchen's fall in the tunnel in South Africa and the epic finish in Botswana

TAR8
Panama (Leg 5) and Costa Rica (Leg 6 and half of 7) are in a league of their own for this season, obviously. And I'm one of the very few who actually likes (loves?) the season.
But for the stateside Legs, I'd go with:
New Jersey/Pennsylvania (Leg 1) - Mama Weaver almost getting killed by a buggy and the little kid of the Black Family getting stuck in a ditch is epic stuff.
But most of all, the Finale SuperLeg was pretty excellent.

TAR9
Oman (Leg 7) - Great Leg, horrible result.

TAR10
Still the most grueling and physically challenging season ever.
Vietnam 2 (Leg 4) - A great, full Leg
Madagascar (Leg 8) - Mainly for the excellently edited sequence featuring the Intersection. 2 teams at the Fast Forward while the other four doing the mattress Detour. It was pure insanity and amazing. Those 5 minutes are more exciting many entire episodes in the HD Era.

TAR11
Not really sure, even though I love the season.
Hong Kong (Leg 10) - Very cool, unique tasks.
I would choose Tanzania (Leg 6), but the invisible storm keeps me from doing so lol

TAR12
Another hard one.
Burkina Faso 1 (Leg 3) - A fun, full Leg even in such a small area and with only a Detour and Road Block
Honorable mentions to Netherlands (Leg 2) and India (Leg 8)

TAR13
Brazil 1 (Leg 1) - Also recently watched and it was another great premiere. Very full opening Leg.
Honorable mentions to Bolivia (Leg 3), India 2 (Leg 7), Kazakhstan (Leg 8)

TAR14
China SuperLeg (Leg 10) - Basically two Legs of great tasks.

TAR17
Ghana 1 (Leg 2) - Perfect kind of Leg for the early part of the Race with 10 teams.
Russia 1 (Leg 6) - Really one of the best Russia Legs of any TAR. Just great tasks on a well-designed Leg with teams delivering.

TAR20
Paraguay (Leg 3) - Challenging, unique tasks on a perfect early Race Leg. Would not work later with less teams.
India 2 (Leg 10) - Another challenging Leg with good tasks that together made a full Leg

TAR21
Bangladesh 2 (Leg 5) - Talk about a challenging Leg, this was definitely one of those. Physically and even mentally challenging

TAR23
Norway (Leg 4) - Love the Midnight Sun Leg.
Indonesia (Leg 9) - A full Leg highlighted by the Road Block

TAR24
Sri Lanka 1 and 2 (Legs 5 and 6) - On this otherwise garbage season, I think both Legs were pretty good. The Detour of Leg 5 was great. And the gasoline Road Block of Leg 6 is a perfect example of how to design Legs to allow for as many teams as possible at a task for maximum chaos.

TAR25
Morocco 1 (Leg 5) - No question. Robbed of the Emmy, it is simply one of the best Legs of the HD Era.
Philippines 2 (Leg 11) - A little biased of a choice lol, but it was a great urban Leg.

TAR26
Peru 1 (Leg 10) - A great, physical Leg that would've really been outstanding with a few more teams.

TAR27
India 2 (Leg 10) - Love the night Leg. Only a Road Block and Detour, but still a full, challenging Leg.

TAR28
Indonesia 1 and 2 (Legs 9 and 10) - Best, most full Legs of the season. But maybe pales in comparison to other seasons.

TAR29
Vietnam 2 (Leg 10) - Absolutely the best Leg since TAR25's Morocco Leg. Again, might have been even more amazing earlier in the Race.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2018, 01:00:39 PM »
TAR 17, Leg 2 (Ghana) - the Race's first visit to Ghana; a fun Roadblock with hilarious locals; tons of interaction with locals between the Detour and Pit Stop

TAR 17, Leg 9 (Bangladesh) - the first ever Double U-Turn and still the best execution of it...

TAR 20, Leg 3 (Paraguay) - one of the best legs of the HD era. Challenging Detour and Roadblock. Nowadays TAR would make this a NEL because it was so hard... & don't forget the epic race to the Pit Stop.

TAR 25, Leg 5 (Morocco) - a very full and memorable episode. A Route Info task, Roadblock, Speed Bump, Detour, and Double U-Turn!

TAR 25, Leg 9 (Singapore) - another very full leg from TAR 25. A Fast Forward battle, Jim falling at the Roadblock, the painful Detour, Double U-Turn drama, and a Route Info task.

TAR 30, Leg 11 (Hong Kong) - teams are neck-and-neck the entire time; features interesting/creative enough Detour, Roadblock, and ARI all in one.

TAR 30, Leg 12 (U.S.) - I've said this on numerous threads but I really appreciate how this is, like, the most nonlinear finale in recent memory. Every team was on top of each other the entire time and no one lagged behind.

I think this thread made me realize how important it is to have a good cast.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2018, 04:48:56 PM »
Would the TAR30 finale be the best finale leg ever???

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2018, 09:07:01 PM »
With so many seasons, it's really nearly impossible to adequately rate something like that, but I would definitely say it's in the top 3, at least (with no particular finales in mind).

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2018, 01:24:59 PM »
TAR 1: Italy & India (Leg 7)
TAR 2: Hong Kong & Sydney, Australia (Leg 8 )
TAR 3: Zurich & Grindelwald, Switzerland (Leg 8 )
TAR 4: Venice, Italy (Leg 2)
TAR 5: Kilimanjaro, Tanzania (Leg 7)
TAR 6: Lalibela, Ethiopia (Leg 8 )
TAR 7: London, United Kingdom (Leg 11)
TAR 8: Panama City, Panama (Leg 5)
TAR 9: Lopburi & Bangkok, Thailand (Leg 10)
TAR 10: Hanoi & Vac, Vietnam (Leg 3)
TAR 11: Macau (Leg 11)
TAR 12: Osaka, Japan (Leg 9)
TAR 13: Delhi, India (Leg 7)
TAR 14: Beijing, China (Leg 10)
TAR 15: Prague, Czech Republic 2 (Leg 11)
TAR 16: Hamburg, Germany (Leg 4)
TAR 17: Saint Petersburg, Russia 1 (Leg 6)
TAR 18: Kunming, China (Leg 5)
TAR 19: Panama City, Panama (Leg 11)
TAR 20: Asuncion, Paraguay (Leg 3)
TAR 21: New York City, USA (Leg 12)
TAR 22: Berlin, Germany (Leg 9)
TAR 23: Bandung, Indonesia (Leg 9)
TAR 24: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Leg 4)
TAR 25: Copenhagen, Denmark & Malmo, Sweden (Leg 4)
TAR 26: Monaco & France (Leg 6)
TAR 27: Hong Kong & Macau (Leg 11)
TAR 28: Tbilisi, Georgia (Leg 7)
TAR 29: Ninh Binh, Vietnam (Leg 10)
TAR 30: San Francisco (Leg 12)

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2018, 01:02:35 AM »
Leg 3 in TAR 30 WAS PRETTY !!!
The detour was actually pretty easy and unbalanced, but the roadblock was flippin' amazing !
It definitely made me consider going to Tangiers for a vacation. Those hills and slopes, and the midday heat, it really knocks the wind out of you, and it's not like you can work with other people, that roadblock was IMO the best of the season.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2019, 08:51:25 AM »
S27 the one with lions is one of the best, i want to walk with lions like that
Swarm stupidity