Author Topic: Best TAR Leg  (Read 36917 times)

Offline mandk

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: Best TAR Leg
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2013, 06:58:17 PM »
My best/favorite leg would have to be TAR 9 Leg 3-4 (Russia and Germany) if that was considered to be an entire leg. Even though it didn't have the best tasks and had repeated locations, if i was running that leg I would have gotten an adrenaline rush. I would have been more excited on that leg than any other leg in the race.  :funny:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2013, 12:38:31 AM »
Some of my favorites:

TAR 5 Leg 5 - This leg, the first in Egypt, was very memorable, with excellent (albeit somewhat stereotypical) tasks. Also, it was fun to see Colin & Christie finish hours ahead of all the others with the Fast Forward!

TAR 5 Leg 12 - Beautiful scenery, and it was neat that essentially the entire leg took place on boats! Tasks were a little dull, but the drama this leg had made it memorable.

TAR 5 Leg 13 - Again, great and memorable scenery. The Olympic tasks were interesting to see, and the maze right before the Finish Line was clever.

TAR 6 Leg 1 - Beautiful countryside and waterfalls. Memorable overnight rest location. Got to know all the teams quite well!

TAR 6 Leg 2 - More beautiful scenery. Creative and interesting tasks. No shortage of drama (but then again, that is ALL of TAR 6, right?).

TAR 6 Leg 3 - Tasks were creative yet again, and had a dramatic impact on the outcome.

TAR 6 Leg 8 - Very memorable leg. Ethiopia is a beautiful country, Saint Georges Church a memorable location, and yes, much more drama!

Basically every leg in Season 6 was excellent and well-designed except the very last one.

TAR 7 Leg 5 - Got to see caves, African markets, a scary Fast Forward, and Meredith & Gretchen being saved from elimination. Who wouldn't want to see that? (Maybe only Ray...)

TAR 7 Leg 10 - I like this leg mainly because it was the first visit to England. Loved the Roadblock!

TAR 9 Leg 6 - Loved the tasks, the self-driving, and BJ & Tyler thinking they were eliminated but being saved.

TAR 9 Leg 10 - This was my first ever TAR episode, and I loved the Fast Forward. That may be the only reason I love this leg so much.

TAR 9 Leg 11 - This leg was well designed, with great tasks. Sadly there wasn't much drama or unpredictability. It would have been great if it had been the Final 4 with an elimination at the end.

To be continued...
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

MrDeerShank

« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2013, 10:22:19 AM »
I loved the design of that leg, but to me it wasn't very entertaining with only 5 teams. Teams were rather staggered out and there wasn't much competition among teams. I loved the tasks, but the drama wasn't there, except for the foot race to the Pit Stop. And Mona & Beth saved <3 I think this leg would be way better if there were like 8 or 9 teams.

OH MY GOD AGREED! The leg would have been 100 times better if there was more than 5 teams, but either way, it was still a good leg from TAR22 <3

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2013, 10:24:13 AM »
I loved the design of that leg, but to me it wasn't very entertaining with only 5 teams. Teams were rather staggered out and there wasn't much competition among teams. I loved the tasks, but the drama wasn't there, except for the foot race to the Pit Stop. And Mona & Beth saved <3 I think this leg would be way better if there were like 8 or 9 teams.

OH MY GOD AGREED! The leg would have been 100 times better if there was more than 5 teams, but either way, it was still a good leg from TAR22 <3

The DESERVING Emmy Nomd ep that season tbh <3

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2013, 07:52:18 AM »
I seriously now love the TAR 23 Indo legs :lol:

For me, both legs were absolutely amazing, the episodes were great, the tasks were good, and the drama was <3

This SHOULD win TAR the Emmy back after last year's robbage :lol:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2013, 05:37:24 PM »
TAR 17: Legs 6 & 7/Russia by miles! Personal highlight of the season. They had EVERYTHING.

TAR 18: Leg 9/Liech. & Switzerland - not just because the Cowboys got eliminated :mas25 It was mostly a night leg and I'll love any night leg!

TAR 19: Leg 10/Belgium was really fun to watch but sad because Bill & Cathi got eliminated that leg  :cmas4

TAR 20: Leg 3/Paraguay was one of the best legs ever. I don't think I need to explain why.

TAR 21: Leg 7/Russia had the loss of James & Abba's passports. It was a pretty suspenseful episode if you don't read spoilers :cmaslol . And who doesn't like seeing teams experiencing flight problems! (Very unfortunate, but good TV). Leg 9/Netherlands had some great tasks (though the Switchback sucked) and ended pretty sad aw, poor Abbie & Ryan even though I didn't like them. For some reason I really liked the penultimate Leg 11/France too. Teams kept changing positions and it was close! Kinda weird I have so many Best's for this season even though I didn't like it that much  :cmaslol

TAR 22: Leg 7/Botswana had good tasks. I loved Leg 9/Berlin as well.

TAR 23: The second half of Leg 2/Chile was awesome! Leg 5/Poland will definitely go down as a memorable leg for me. Great Detour, interesting RB, and don't forget the 3-way footrace! Leg 6/Austria was cool seeing Austria in warm weather rather than freezing weather. The RB was pretty good. I LOVED Legs 9 & 10/Indonesia - great step-up for Indonesian legs and they had good  tasks. I gotta say I love a lot of the tasks in 23.

Offline aryanisetiawan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2014, 01:55:10 AM »
TAR 25 LEG 9 IS THE BEST LEG SINCE SEASON 22

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2014, 02:34:26 PM »
TAR 25 LEG 9 IS THE BEST LEG SINCE SEASON 22

TAR 25 Leg 5 was far better than Leg 9 IMO, and I think TAR 23 Leg 2, and TAR 24 Leg 6 we're better Legs than anything TAR 22 gave us, but again just my opinion.  :lol:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2014, 01:25:56 AM »
Ones I can remember in recent date (I haven't watched TAR1 to TAR10 in a while...)

TAR 11, Episode 8. (Poland 2) - Intersection Drama + BQs losing their gigantic lead over it
TAR 12, Episode 3. (Burkina Faso 1) - Really close finish + Lorena's meltdown
TAR 12, Episode 11. (United States) - The incredibly challenging final Roadblock
TAR 14, Episode 1. (Switzerland) - Cheese Hill + Margie & Luke's surprising win
TAR 14, Episode 11. (United States) - Luke's infamous Surfboard meltdown
TAR 15, Episode 1. (Japan) - The Wasabi Roadblock
TAR 17, Episode 1. (England/United Kingdom) - Claire's watermelon accident
TAR 19, Episode 2. (Indonesia 1) - The barely noticeable orphanage clue
TAR 20, Episode 6. (Azerbaijan) - First Fast Forward battle we've had in a while
TAR 20, Episode 12. (United States) - Rachel & Dave still winning after missing the second Roadblock + Brendon & Rachel misreading the clue which practically cost them the race
TAR 22, Episode 1. (Bora Bora 1) - Double Express Pass + Incredibly luck-based Roadblock in extreme heat + 3 teams quitting and having a canoe race
TAR 23, Episode 3. (Portugal) - Closest thing to flight drama in the past few seasons
TAR 23, Episode 6. (Austria) - Tim & Marie stealing Jason & Amy's cab + Vienna Boys' Choir
TAR 25, Episode 5. (Morocco 1) - Everything about it was just  :hrt:
TAR 25, Episode 9. (Singapore) - Everything about it was just  :hrt:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2014, 08:16:28 AM »
Some that i remember :

TAR12 , Leg 1 was pretty awesome with the donkeys.
TAR14 , Legs 10-11 great too.
TAR15 in Dubai.
TAR16 in Malaysia
TAR17 in England , Ghana was great too and i love the Kiruna leg.
TAR18 had absolutly incredible legs , but the China 2 was awesome in a special way.
TAR20 finale , Rachel & Dave making an amazing comeback.
TAR21 finale , my favorite leg all time.
TAR22 in Germany , very well designed leg.
TAR24 had no amazing legs for me. Even though Jet & Cord were eliminated in Spain , i still think it was the best one.
TAR25 in Malta and Singapore rocking it!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2014, 11:18:45 AM »
Tar 25 = Copenhagen, Denmark
Tar 24 = Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tar 23 = Bandung, Indonesia
Tar 22 = Berlin, Germany
Tar 21 = New York, USA
Tar 20 = Osaka, Japan
Tar 19 = Phuket, Thailand
Tar 18 = Kunming, China
Tar 17 = Hong Kong, China
Tar 16 = Singapore, Singapore
Tar 15 = Prague, Czech Republic
Tar 14 = Beijing, China
Tar 13 = Moscow, Russia
Tar 12 = Taipei, Taiwan
Tar 11 = Ushuaia, Argentina
Tar 10 = Ha Long Bay, Vietnam
Tar 09 = Muscat, Oman
Tar 08 = Panama City, Panama
Tar 07 = London, England
Tar 06 = Xi'an, China
Tar 05 = St. Petersburg, Russia
Tar 04 = Seoul, South Korea
Tar 03 = Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Tar 02 = San Fran Cisco, USA
Tar 01 = Rome, Italy

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2014, 12:31:05 PM »
I enjoyed every single leg of TAR 25 except the Season's first episode which lacked a little excitement with three teams quitting at the end... and it went downhill after the New York night start.

Other than that, this season has picked up since and Copenhagen and Singapore were my favourites.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2014, 04:07:18 PM »
Totally agree with all of the TAR25 love. I loved the Itaily leg., awesome RB that reminded me of Mario Kart and   The Detour was also ver fun as well (also 300th leg!!!)

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2014, 04:21:31 PM »
Totally agree with all of the TAR25 love. I loved the Itaily leg., awesome RB that reminded me of Mario Kart and   The Detour was also ver fun as well (also 300th leg!!!)

The Amazing Race 25 is my fav season sicw season 18 and most legs were amazing but with the exception go Leg 1 and 6 but Copenhagen stood out for me but Singapore and Marrakech 1 are close behind

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2014, 04:30:43 PM »
I loved the Detour and ARI of the Shetland Leg, and it would be my fave if it had a decent RB.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2014, 06:31:07 PM »
So while I definitely posted something in this thread earlier I'm pretty sure, I drafted up a more complete list including some shockers :O

- 1.04 (Les Baux de Provence, France to El Jem, Tunisia) - iconic leg is iconic. The lighter clue is, I think, not topped in its obliqueness and the tasks and scenery marry together perfectly
- 1.05 (El Jem, Tunisia to Ksar Ghilane Oasis, Tunisia) - this one doesn't get a lot of love, being sandwiched between an obvious Great Leg and a leg with a load of drama but the fact that the hardest task of the leg was simply driving between points A and B makes it incredible
- 2.05 (near Windhoek, Namibia to Amphawa, Thailand) - I feel like this is probably the best Thailand leg of TAR? Complex Detours, a RB that tests the squeamish, and a variety of transportation options both mandatory and optional make this a true test of teams
- 2.08 (Hong Kong, Sydney to Sydney, Australia) - lol. I know most people enjoy the Sydney stuff but the extra bit of Hong Kong was also good and a nice contrast to the urban nature of the previous leg.
- 3.08 (Fussen, Germany to Grindelwald, Switzerland) - THIS LEG <3 any sort of leg whose difficulty results in the most boring team remaining a) gaining a personality and b) nearly dying of cardiac arrest is a truly great leg
- 4.02 (Cortina d'Ampezzo, Italy to Venice, Italy) - the late-leg bunch allllmost ruins it but the fact is the leg was pretty much a trap for people who would go on a free trip to Venice - who wouldn't want to ride in a gondola or spend time wandering the streets? (people who wanted to stay in the race alol)
- 4.06 (Muiden, the Netherlands to Mumbai, India) - INDIA. While I enjoy the 1.5 India legs of TAR 1 more from a television perspective, I think this is the standard for which all future India legs should be judged - tasks involving hard labor and attention to detail and trains which potentially induce rape are things which should always be present.
- 5.04 (San Carlos de Bariloche, Argentina to Pushkin, Russia) - arguably the first leg specifically designed to push teams to the point of attrition, it features many things I love: long-distance ground travel, complex airport routings, alcohol, and in this particular instance an eating challenge which, while difficult, wasn't asinine (looking@u Meatblock, "Quick and Easy Meal")
- 5.05 (Pushkin, Russia to Giza, Egypt) - THE SPHINX. that is all.
- 6.02 (Grindavik, Iceland to Voss, Norway) - this was a nice way to address the absurd amounts of bunching of TAR 6 plus the Detour is one of the best of the series <3
- 8.11a (Absarokee, Montana to Montreal, Quebec) - actual fun and clever and visually interesting tasks from FE? PLUS forcing people to hunt through a 56000 seat stadium for one of *3* clues? brutal.
- 10.02 (Great Wall of China, China to Ulanbataar, Mongolia) - For a change, the complex navigation leg and the leg with an absurdly difficult physical task leg were the same thing :O
- 10.03 (Ulanbataar, Mongolia to Vac, Vietnam) - the choices made in this leg just...flowed organically; 0 dollars begets a bunching point begets an RB in which one chooses between time and cash begets a random bus ride begets a labor or detail-oriented Detour. It all works.
- 10.06 (Chennai, India to Kuwait City, Kuwait) - I'm...95% sure this was the leg designed by a Survivor staffer. Pretty good, considering this would've been around the time of Cook Islands.
- 12.07 (Dubrovnik, Croatia to Florence, Italy) - the number of types of transportation used in this episode is equal to the number of types of transportation used in some seasons. Plus beyond that there were difficult tasks <3
- 13.07 (New Delhi, India to Old Delhi, India) - sometimes I just like good looking, difficult, culturally relevant tasks :)
- 13.10 (Moscow, Russia to Moscow, Russia) - ...and sometimes I like legs with tasks that require multiple paragraphs to explain <3
- 14.10b (Beijing, China to Beijing, China) - I feel like I'd LOVE this leg without the U-Turn but I like that the U-Turn was hidden in an alcove like 500 meters away from both Detours <3
- 15.11 (Prague, Czech Republic to Prague, Czech Republic) - literally everything in this leg was designed to make teams feel as horrible as possible, starting from having Prague 1 occur in the day to force a daytime Pit Stop  :funny:
- 17.03 (Accra, Ghana to Doryumu, Ghana) - the best linear leg, by far
- 17.06 (Narvik, Norway to St. Petersburg, Russia) - I think had gorodki replaced the potato planting this would be a contender for Best Leg Ever but it's still great <3 Every location being beautiful <3
- 18.04 (Yokohama, Japan to Lijiang, China) - okay this miiiight be due to Kent and Vyxsin being who they were but I rather liked the leg <3 It definitely felt cozy because it was in a small area full of people despite being somewhat rural and I liked it.
- 18.05 (Lijiang, China to Kunming, China) - altitude sickness exacerbating already difficult tasks <3
- 19.05 (Ko Samui, Thailand to Bangkok, Thailand) - I feel like this is the most TAR 1-like leg not made in March 2001.
- 20.03 (Buenos Aires, Argentina to Asuncion, Paraguay) - a recurring theme with me: difficult tasks in a small area begets lots of ~tension~
- 21.11 (Palma, Mallorca to Chenoceaux, France) - though this is an inversion of that: difficult tasks in a giant area, filled with GORGEOUS chateaus <3
- 22.04 (Christchurch, New Zealand to Kuta, Indonesia) - okay this miiiiight be due to John being dumb but the tasks were all pretty difficult in hindsight. Also monkeys <3
- 22.09 (Grindelwald, Switzerland to Berlin, Germany) - for a 'theme' leg, it wasn't really obnoxious or overbearing though I will always question the ridiculous mechinations used to get teams from Grindelwald to Berlin to start with
- 23.06 (Gdansk, Poland to Vienna, Austria) - admittedly this would be much better had someone attempted the chandelier drop but I like the homage to TAR 4, even if its parent leg blew because of the late train)
- 25.04 (Shetland Islands, UK to Copenhagen, Denmark via Malmo, Sweden - legs which are long enough to force people to race in darkness <3)

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2015, 09:03:00 AM »
My all-time favorite leg is still Moscow 2 in Season 13. LOVE every tasks in that leg! The Detour is not only showcasing the metro and tram system of Moscow but also very challenging team with difficulty in navigation. The Roadblock is fun and the puzzle is pretty confusing to solve! I hope they make a leg like this again, just the consecutive tasks that mentally challenging teams, rather than loads of generic linear tasks that had nothing to do with the culture in that city at all. (Of all things they can do in Bangkok, they send teams to feed milk to cat and play pool? Yeah, that is still bothering me :res:)

Close runner-up would be Morocco 1 in Season 25 and maybe Alaska in Season 12. Both legs were amazing!

The legs I like (For an entire leg not just some tasks):
- 10.02 (Mongolia) --> Very scenic location, the tasks are super HARD and force team to drive vintage car in rural Mongolia is just <3.
- 12.05 (Lithuania) --> Beautiful country with great tasks. But I wish we had a chance to see that unaired FF.
- 13.07 (India) --> This leg is so crazy and I love it. <3 Holi RB <3 That water serving FF <3 Tracking wire detour <3
- 18.03 (Japan) --> Best Japan leg in an entire series in my opinion.
- 22.01 (French Polynesia) --> Best premier in an entire series in my opinion.
- 22.04 (Indonesia) --> I like the tasks in this leg, really cultural and cool! Bali also provided a lot of beautiful scenery.
- 22.09 (Germany) --> Super weird leg. <3 I don't know. I mean, every tasks were so weird but it's so entertaining to watch. :lol:
- 25.04 (Denmark & Sweden) --> Hard and original tasks with self-driving. <3
- 26.06 (France & Monaco) --> I think the tasks were good! And the scenery of Southern France is so mesmerizing.
- 26.11 (Peru) --> Very hard penultimate leg. The tasks were so challenging. But it would be more entertaining if there's bunching at the start of the leg and cut the F4 twist out.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2015, 10:23:03 PM »
The legs that i will always rewatch :

TAR 5 Leg 4
TAR 5 Leg 5
TAR 5 Leg 12
TAR 6 Leg 3
TAR 6 Leg 11 (Xian)
TAR 7 Leg 10 (London)
TAR 9 Leg 4 (Italy 1)
TAR 10 Leg 8
TAR 12 Leg 5
TAR 12 Leg 7
TAR 13 Leg 4
TAR 14 Leg 10b (Beijing 2)
TAR 16 Leg 10
TAR 17 Leg 7
TAR 17 Leg 10
TAR 18 Leg 4
TAR 18 Leg 5
TAR 22 Leg 1
TAR 22 Leg 9
TAR 23 Leg 5
TAR 24 Leg 10
TAR 25 Leg 4
TAR 25 Leg 9
TAR 26 Leg 6
TAR 26 Leg 9

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2015, 11:05:43 PM »
I don't get why people love Spain in TAR 24. Seriously, it had a Roadblock where you had to shave cream off a balloon. Can someone please enlighten me? ???

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2015, 11:07:22 PM »
I don't get why people love Spain in TAR 24. Seriously, it had a Roadblock where you had to shave cream off a balloon. Can someone please enlighten me? ???

Leg 6 was the only all stars worthy leg of that entire season.
It's Clobbering Time!

Wadsy591

« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2015, 11:14:22 PM »
I love these these threads, and these are my choices for best legs:

TAR 3:

Leg 7 (Germany & Austria)
Leg 8 (Switzerland)
Leg 9 (Switzerland)

TAR 5:

Leg 5 (Egypt)
Leg 8 (United Arab Emirates)

TAR 6:

Leg 2 (Norway)
Leg 3 (Sweden)
Leg 4 (Senegal)
Leg 10 (Shanghai, China)
Leg 11 (Xi'an, China)

TAR 12 :

Leg 6 (Croatia)

TAR 18:

Leg 1 (Australia)
Leg 8 (Austria)
Leg 9 (Liechtenstein & Switzerland)

TAR 19:

Leg 8 (Denmark)
Leg 9 (Denmark, Germany & Belgium)

TAR 21:

Leg 10 (Spain)
Leg 11 (France)

TAR 22:

Leg 1 (Bora Bora)
Leg 9 (Germany)

Unfortunately no legs between TAR23-26 stood out for me particularly, though Amsterdam in 26 is an honorable mention.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 11:23:50 PM by Wadsy591 »

Wadsy591

« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2015, 11:15:24 PM »

Even I hated that challenge, I am just trying to defend a leg from the worst season ever. lol.
I did enjoy that leg, to an extent.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2015, 01:33:21 AM »
the detour is great,
the intense race to the u-turn is also memorable

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2015, 01:46:21 AM »
the detour is great,
the intense race to the u-turn is also memorable

What!? :lol:

I agree with you that the detour is somewhat great. But that U-Turn is SO lame to me, the only memorable things about U-Turn that leg is WHINE & Cornor WHINE about cannot U-Turn Brenchels because they waste their power for the most pointless U-Turn ever in Italy. :lol:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2015, 12:47:57 PM »

Leg 6 was the only all stars worthy leg of that entire season.
No, leg 4 was!

And I loved the RB in Spain ???