Author Topic: Best TAR Leg  (Read 36918 times)

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
Best TAR Leg
« on: February 01, 2012, 12:48:31 AM »
So I thought to create a thread where you could discuss what the best individual leg was that we saw on TAR!

It's hard to pick one individual leg, but here are some of my favourites:

1. Almost every leg in TAR3, and in particular, Legs 3, 8, 9 and 12.

2. TAR6 had some brilliant ones! The Sweden, Ethiopia and Xi'an legs in particular!

3. TAR7 Leg 3 is an obvious choice! ;) I also loved the England leg!

4. Thailand on TAR9 was an epic leg!!!

5. TAR12 has a lot of noteable ones: Legs 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10 and 11 are my personal favourites, especially 6 and 7! In fact, the whole race was flawless, except Leg 8. :tup:

6. TAR13 Legs 6 and 7!

7. TAR16 Legs 6 and 7 are two of the best legs with heaps of drama ever on TAR! Even though I did not like TAR16 at all, those two legs stood out!

8. TAR18 had some really incredible ones! Hard to choose there! ;)

Feel free to share any of the legs which you really loved!! :tup:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
Re: Best TAR Leg
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 06:06:26 AM »
Personally, the St-Petersbourg legs in TAR17 (legs 6 & 7) were epic & beautiful. It showed every aspect of the race, from classical music to locals, from a sightseeing tour of the city to lots of penalties. :hearts:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 06:10:11 AM »
 Can I just say it's IMPOSSIBLE to pick the BEST Amazing Race leg? There are so many why do I bother.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 12:08:00 AM by supah3ro »

Offline milanissimo

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 07:37:26 AM »
Tar 14
Leg 1   Switzerland       Leg 2  Germany

Tar 15
Leg  7  Netherlands   

Tar 16 
leg 7 Seychelles

Tar 17
leg 6  Russia  leg 7 Russia

Tar 18
leg 1 Australia    leg 6 India    leg 9 Switzerland

Tar 19
leg 9 Belgium

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 07:44:18 AM »
If i put the time into it i could probably churn out an entire essay about which legs i think are best and why o.O but just off the top of my head...

Burkina Faso I - TAR12
in french class in high school i was fascinated by Burkina for some reason so when the race went there i was truly amazed and excited! This leg had a really challenging roadblock in camel milking (do i even have to say the quote?), a unique kind of limiting detour which i like and found interesting (youre going to have to get in the classroom with the kids either way), a 5 team foot race to the finish and that general sense of literally being in the middle of nowhere from the moment they got off that train and ran off into the plains. It also knocked frontrunners Lorena and Jason down a few pegs but also sadly lead to their demise in the next leg.

Bolivia - TAR13
This leg had a pretty stunning detour: ride an insane looking bike downhill on what looked like cobbled streets or go for a walk around town with your very own marching band! i remember teams going at terrifying speeds on those excuses for bikes and kelly and christy crashing! more than once! yet still getting back on the bikes. and i loved the marching band, the sheer chaos when marisa and brooke (who owned this challenge) passed dan and andrew, i had their tune stuck in my head for weeks afterwards. and all the time teams were hustling under the ever present threat of the u turn! (even if it went unused) This roadblock, in my opinion, would have been dramatically easier had it not been for the altitude! that really shook things up, especially for poor mark and bill (i read in one of their interviews that they got into better shape after the race, they should have been on unfinished business!! unless they had a falling out or something, they could have easily replaced zev and justin or mel and mike) i guess the only downside to this episode was their untimely elimination.

Russia II - TAR 13
I loved this leg, probably because of how challenging it was (well nick and starr cruised through it in first place but i do remember them complaining about how trying it was). The Russian riddle roadblock intrigued me to the point that earlier last year i actually bought a copy of the master and margarita (curse the race's product placement!!) i recall Andrew's russian friend getting really into it and infamously Dallas losing his passport! (another unfulfilled unfinished business candidate) Next was Andrew and Dan's dancing speedbump, probably my favourite speedbump to date, i loved the music, and the fact that they had to do it twice! that probably makes it one of the more difficult speedbumps (but let's remember, theyre not all that hard ><) and then the hectic public transportation scavenger hunt detour, the utter confusion! the need to get on/off so many times it was fantastic. and then aside from toni and dallas (who tried to walk everywhere/beg their way through the rest of the race, valiant effort ^^) 's on the course elimination, there was Dandrew's 2nd place and highest finish! i was a bit of a dandrew fan... i always found tar13 to be a lot more interesting if you looked at which team came second on each leg rather than first, it gives a lot more variety. oh and i almost forgot, the red october, awesome!

China I and II (the superleg) - TAR14
Riding that tiny little boat out on that lake with the chinese fishing bird, Jaime and Cara's dance detour, the three teams doing the calligraphy detour and racing neck and neck to the pit stop, kisha and jen's long awaited first place! margie blowing up at kisha and jen after their leg long feud, the torturous foot massage! (luke insisting that he do it instead of margie (as i remember) haha im sure he regretted that), the hellish swimming task for the sisters and gruelling for any team, even just the name of that detour sync or swim (some kind of double pun!!), jaime and cara's long awaited first place! only to have it snatched away from them by the surprise return of the super leg!! teams wandering for hours searching for that u turn, kisha and jen's chinese phrases! teams running around in their opera costumes and the race to the final three determined by an ill timed toilet break. indeed, what an epic few legs that asked us all the question, would you wet yourself on national (international even) television for $1000000?

The Netherlands - TAR15
by this leg i think i was starting to doubt season 15, and when teams got to a roadblock calling for strong legs and keen eyes i thought i had it all figured out that teams would just have to climb the tower and spot a flag somewhere in the city. i was gladly wrong. the bell counting task turned out to be one tough roadblock! i can only imagine the physical exhaustion from those stairs, trying to keep track of how many bells youve counted and then to have the bells ringing! crazy! and for some reason i was endeared to the charismatic yet mysterious bell player, what an awesome clue giver! the detour was also pretty amazing (i think its clear by now that i love a good dance task) and the golfing was tough enough to drop the formidable meghan and cheyne down to second place. poor maria and tiffany! i think their onscreen counter got up to about 70 for that high ringer, and that wind in the golf, they really did give it their all and it was a shame to see their efforts go unrewarded.

Czech II - TAR15
I sometimes thing of this leg as the nightmare leg, based on the tasks and i guess the fact it was at night time. those ringing phones, the ominous voice repeating just one letter, the bureaucrats and their redundant question forms, i didnt know who kafka was in depth before this leg but i was inspired to find out! one of the reasons i love the race, it expands your mind. Brian and Ericka's speed bump was interesting at least, imagine if they had to drink more or if they got more than a little tipsy haha i think the detour really brought the nightmare though, drag a giant muddy golem through the streets or carry a tray of glasses through a street of drunks, neither seemed like a mean feat. one of the best things i guess for me was the demise of the globe trotters though ^^ i mean, who saw that coming?

Germany - TAR16
i dont think everyone would have seen this leg as so spectacular but it had a few little perks that got me hooked. the surprise return of the intersection! (with 8 teams even!) that beautiful view of hamburg at night from the crane. playing soccer in europe (ive done this!) having to eat so much sauerkraut before the song ended, caite's soccer woes yet her team still being one sided for that challenge (she was the one side) an entire 180 flip and the team being entirely one sided for brent when it came to the boot of beer, the beatles!

Norway - TAR17
Norway is kind of an undervisited country on the race. the midnight sun, having to run/drive across the border, i loved the way the clue read it (make a dash for the border or something), Nick and Vicki's fast forward confusion! when teams got to the bridge, from phil's introduction i fully expected them to have to bungee jump from  the bridge because of scandinavia's high suicide rates (seasonal affective disorder) and prepared myself for the most insensitive race challenge of all time!! i loved the scenery of the detour, and nick's biking incompetence! nat and kat's first win by eating a sheep's head for fast forward

Russia I & II - TAR17
The insane detour! that room full of pianos sounded maddening yet i wanted to be there! and that dark room with the propaganda film playing and the mountain of film! the circus detour! spinning plates or learning to play the accordion! the russian mystery! going to all of those beautiful towers, bridges, churches, and then the dramatic russian gorodki race before the finish! loved it.

China I & II - TAR18
riding yaks on that beautiful mountain, the zodiac roadblock! if only those strings had all been the same length it would have been epic!
Kent and Vyxsin falling hours behind and yet catching up to Zev and Justin (almost). The basketball game, the fear that the goths were coming hahaha. The lead up to the double u turn was amazing, one of my favourite scenes, this may sound strange so ill explain why. the 3 frontrunning teams all get lost even though Christina speaks chinese, the middle pack are searching like mad for the u turn, margie and luke pass, jet and cord pass, the cowboys tell the goths and the cheerleaders where it is and so they go off on a foot race for the u turn. vyxsin just beats out cara and the goths who thinking they were in about 7th or 8th place are actually in 3rd but feeling they are at the back of the pack u turn jaime and cara in front of them! jaime and cara then u turn the globe trotters, the only team they believe are behind them. the whole time theres a sickly sunrise that just completes the scene. what i really love is how jaime and cara handle being u turned with such grace, they just keep moving forward. this is well contrasted with the globe trotters who really lay into the cheerleaders later on.
right then, continuing on, the stone forest (so unique and beautiful), that gargantuan dinosaur roadblock!! that reportedly left kent with a cracked rib for the rest of the race, and jaime and cara's elimination :( what a leg! haha

well i guess i got a bit carried away haha i dont think i was intending on writing this much o.O anyway these are the legs that i appreciated as a whole, there were other awesome challenges that i liked individually but none were followed by an equally amazing leg. these are just my opinions!! oh and as you can probably guess, yes i did start watching post all stars
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 09:38:51 PM by ryanmissing27 »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 08:14:49 AM »
Everyone is going to have their favorite. Mine is a classic:

AR7 finale - Rob/Amber vs. Ron/Kelly and Uchenna/Joyce; this leg started with very difficult tasks (since they had no money) in Jamaica for Uchenna/Joycce, continued to a draw before the HOO in Puerto Rico and climaxed at the San Juan International Airport with the "pull back the plane" decision by the pilot. On the Miami end Rob/Amber ran into the language barrier searching for El Rey dos Habaneros in Little Havana and a penniless Uchenna and Joyce begged their way to victory. This was drama at its finest!

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 09:48:27 AM »
Season 5, Legs 12 & 13 (The finale): Going from island to island in the Philippines was fantastic. Between the flags, the clam shells, and the ascender, there was so much tension and drama between the teams, you never knew who was going home and who would win. Then came the final leg, with every team on even footing into Canada. The mountain climb and the detour between the bikes and luge were all great tasks. Then the flight to the final destination city: Dallas, Texas. Though navigating the maze was the only task after the flight, it was a good one - one of the best final tasks, in my opinion. And the winners were so satisfying, too.

Satisfying at the time, I mean. After reading interviews and rewatching it, I like Colin & Christie more than Chip and Kim. They should have won, they were a better team!

Or maybe I just like it because it's the closest the Amazing Race has been to where I live.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 10:35:24 AM »
There are too many to describe, but here's a shortlist (noting that this asked for best 'leg' and not best 'episode' because some crappy legs have led to great episodes - the TAR 17 finale, for instance).

1.04 (Tunisia 1)
2.05 (Thailand 1)
2.08 (Hong Kong / Sydney)
3.08 (Switzerland 1)
5.05 (Egypt 1)
10.04 (Vietnam 2)
12.07 (Italy)
13.10 (Russia 2)
15.11 (Czech Rep 2)
17.06 (Russia 1)
18.04 (China 1)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 11:26:59 AM »
A few "epic legs" I consider in MORE recent seasons:

TAR 7: Ray and Deana eliminated. Brian and Greg's car accident, coming from behind and beating Ray and Deana in a footrace??

TAR 9: 3 WAY FOOT RACE TO THE PIT-STOP, BJ AND TYLER NEL. Another grandest display of karma.

TAR 10: BQ's NEL. Yielding Bamas and still checking in last, grandest display of karma. Actually TAR 10 had a lot of epic moments, like the Chos letting David and Mary go for the FF, Lyns VS Edwin and Godwin to the pitstop, Lyns nearly winning the leg even with the Yield, Rob and Kimberly VS the tomatoes, BQs beating Tyler and James and Rob and Kim who took the FF??? -_- and loads more!

TAR 11: Rob and Amber getting eliminated. Too epic. Tooooooo epic!

TAR 12: Azaria and Hendekea's elimination leg. Even though we sort of knew they were behind the whole time, but the fact that they were such a strong team, and that the leg was divided into two parts - 1. Jennifer and Nathan VS Ron and Chris for first place and 2. Nic and Don VS Azaria and Hendekea for last place, along with coincidence in flight timings such that Azaria and Hendekea still got to meet Nic and Don in front of them doing tasks and trying to catch up was so exciting.

TAR 16: NEL by Jet and Cord in Seychelles. That was drama to the finest for the entire leg, teams going back and forth and positions changing throughout. Honestly had no idea who was going to land on the mat last.

TAR 17: Elimination Leg for Michael and Kevin. That leg was crazy, with penalties, changes in positions, Gary and Mallory coming from behind... interesting tasks, drama all the way till the end.

TAR 19: Laurence and Zac elimination leg, Indonesia leg 2 (Kaylani and Lisa eliminated).. both legs had interesting tasks, changes in teams position and was unpredictable all the way till the end!

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 01:31:33 PM »
I loved TAR10's Mongolia and Madagascar legs, the tasks were good and they were purely entertaining episodes.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 04:46:20 PM »
I detest the word epic and everything that it stands for, so I'll try not to use it in my epic description of my most epic legs.

I absolutely loved the Dubrovnik leg in Season 12. Not necessarily for the tasks, which were pretty straightforward, but that city is just unlike any other in the world.

I've also got a soft spot for Penang in Season 16 after I retraced that leg last year.

I also loved the first Russian leg of Season 13, but more for the people. The soldiers laughing as Dandrew struggled with the boot camp and the Russian baker all in one leg? Perfect TV!

The Season 5 El Nido leg was classic as well. The drama of that episode was unique!

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 10:37:38 PM »
My favorite legs were the Egypt legs,Cairo and Luxor, in season 5. Simply because of how well they presented the country. I remember being in awe while watching the majestic beauty of Egypt. Generally, season 5   has some of the best legs in terms of visual and drama ;)
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 10:39:53 PM »
Can I just say the TAR 12 starting sequence was AWESOME!! Classic cars and the Playboy Mansion <3

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 12:40:01 AM »
Well,there is some great legs i would like to talk about it :

TAR10 : Madagascar,awesome!
TAR12 : Burkina Faso,Lithuania,Taiwan!
TAR14 : Romenia!
TAR15 : Japan,Estonia,Sweden!
TAR16 : Argentina,Malaysia,China,Seychelles
TAR17 : England,Ghana,Sweden,Norway,Russia,South Korea,Bangladesh!
TAR18 : Australia,Japan,China,Austria,Brazil
TAR19 : Indonesia,Malawi,Denmark,Belgium and Panama.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 11:11:20 PM »
I absolutely loved the Dubrovnik leg in Season 12. Not necessarily for the tasks, which were pretty straightforward, but that city is just unlike any other in the world.

I definitely have to agree with this! Dubrovnik- in my opinion - is just about the most beautiful place TAR has ever gone to. Such a phenomenal leg! :hearts:

A lot of other terrific legs mentioned here! :colors Like most people said, there's really too many to mention! :lol:

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 11:55:35 PM »

I definitely have to agree with this! Dubrovnik- in my opinion - is just about the most beautiful place TAR has ever gone to. Such a phenomenal leg! :hearts:

TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline JETandCORDfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2012, 05:15:19 PM »
TAR16 Leg 6 (France) - Epic Leg.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2012, 05:15:53 PM »
Welcome back, JCF! :waves:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2012, 08:24:13 PM »
I agree, Dubrovnik is a gorgeous city. I always had an eye for that city. Shame though, the tasks were so dull.
My favorite leg is the India leg in season 13. The roadblock, Holi festival, task was my absolute favorite. I'm dying to join that color throwing battle mania.
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2012, 12:25:28 AM »
Firstly, I have watched season 5 – present of the Amazing Race
I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to say my Top 5 Amazing Race Legs anyway. Here they are –

#1 - TAR17, Leg 7 (Russia II)
Absolute brilliance, the Leg opened up on a beautiful sunny day in St Petersburg. Off to the Russian circus! Who doesn’t love a circus?!  :hearts: Circus Detour: balancing plates or learning a song on the accordion. What made it a great Detour is that neither option gave an advantage to any team. It was a picturesque, fun and tough Detour. Then teams are off on a Russian treasure hunt, which not only is physically tiring, but also allows the camera to show off the beautiful architecture of St Petersburg.  :conf: The riddles in between make it even better. A Roadblock at the gorodki courts needed an amount of physical strength but was effective, and intense runs to the Pit Stop and penalties! Like wow, no episode will ever be as good as this.  :hrt:  :hrt:  :hrt:

#2 - TAR19, Leg 3 (Indonesia II)
No equalizers, hooray! Instead the Leg starts with a historical re-enactment. I am a history geek, so I loved this Route Info!  :hrt: The race then heads to a simple Detour in a lush green rice field. Both required physical effort, and I LOVE physical challenges. And producers left the best until last – BOROBUDUR!  :hrt: What a magnificent temple, I am so glad the race made it there. So far throughout the Leg we’ve had lost cabbies, dodgy bicycle pedals and annoying sheep, but nothing caused as much trouble as the Roadblock. In the Race’s counting challenges, you expect teamwork, but the counting was specific and caused lots of entertainment. An intense race to the Pit Stop was exciting and I will never forget this episode.  :hrt:

#3 - TAR18, Leg 7 (India II)
FINALLY the Race gets to Varanasi  :wohoo:, which was spectacular and was well captured by the cameramen. What an AMAZING city! The Roadblock was amusing, but we also got to see the colorful and chaotic streets of Varanasi. One side of the Detour required physical effort, which wasn’t too bad, but the other option provided much more entertainment. The smell of cow manure was the main distraction and the grumpy Indian woman who was not satisfied by the standard of cow coal made by teams.  :lol: The episode doesn’t get better after Vyxsin jumping in the Ganges – EPIC!  :hearts: And even though we had to say goodbye to Ron and Christina  :'(, it was still a great Leg.

#4 - TAR15, Leg 11 (Czech Republic II)
Firstly, NIGHT LEG! These are epic. Teams head off to a museum… and I was expecting an equalizer. BUT NO, we’re right off with a Roadblock!  :conf: What seemed a simple task was distracted but hundreds of ringing telephones, LOVE IT. we get to the beautiful Charles Bridge, and a Detour with so much bickering potential. Basically we saw Prague at night. I don’t care, the Detour was highly entertaining, with lots of bickering, and the beer Detour – AWESOME.  :keeta: We had Ericka threatening to beat up the local Czechs that were getting in her way.  :lol3:

#5 - TAR16 Leg 6 (France II)
I thought it was awesome having a Leg based around the champagne industry! A needle in a haystack Roadblock was effective.  :tup: Driving through the French countryside with the unintelligent Caite and Brent was amusing, as usual.  :lol: And an EPIC Detour which was a needle in a haystack, or a champagne tower. Both challenges were intense and exciting. To top it off, The Pit Stop greeter was a mime  :hrt:

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2012, 07:06:02 AM »
My favorite legs so far:
TAR 3 : Leg 12. Flo's breakdown in Vietnam is :luvya: :luvya: :luvya:

TAR 11: Leg 4 where Romber and Charla & Mirna face to face at the Roadblock sorting the letters. The footrace to the pitstop was quite epic.

TAR 12: I love Leg 3 in Burkina Faso. The milking camel Roadblock was hilarious. The Detour was also good since teams have to interact with the local students.

TAR 13: I don't know which one is my favorite, but I like Leg 7 in India, especially the Roadblock

TAR 14: Leg 1 where Margie & Luke won the first leg. And Leg 9 where Margie & Luke clashed with Kisha & Jen.

TAR 15: Leg 7 in The Netherlands. The result is so unpredictable.

TAR 16: Leg 7 in Seychelles. Seychelles is sooooo beautiful :colors And Steve & Allie's victory was so unforgettable.

TAR 17: Leg 3 in Ghana.

TAR 18: All of the legs in this season are really good (except Leg 8 for me, but Vienna is a wonderful city so I just forgive it)

TAR 19: Leg 3 and Leg 11 :hearts:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2012, 07:18:58 AM »
TAR16 Leg 6 (France) - Epic Leg.

#5 - TAR16 Leg 6 (France II)
I thought it was awesome having a Leg based around the champagne industry! A needle in a haystack Roadblock was effective.  :tup: Driving through the French countryside with the unintelligent Caite and Brent was amusing, as usual.  :lol: And an EPIC Detour which was a needle in a haystack, or a champagne tower. Both challenges were intense and exciting. To top it off, The Pit Stop greeter was a mime  :hrt:

Absolutely!!! I would love a Switchback to the champagne towers! One of the most epic tasks ever!!! :yess:

My favorite leg is the India leg in season 13. The roadblock, Holi festival, task was my absolute favorite. I'm dying to join that color throwing battle mania.

That was a great leg!!! One of very few legs in India that I actually enjoyed! I loved the Roadblock and the Detour, and they were both so epic!!! But I didn't like the elimination! :(

My favorite legs so far:
TAR 3 : Leg 12. Flo's breakdown in Vietnam is :luvya: :luvya: :luvya:

TAR 11: Leg 4 where Romber and Charla & Mirna face to face at the Roadblock sorting the letters. The footrace to the pitstop was quite epic.

TAR 12: I love Leg 3 in Burkina Faso. The milking camel Roadblock was hilarious. The Detour was also good since teams have to interact with the local students.

TAR 13: I don't know which one is my favorite, but I like Leg 7 in India, especially the Roadblock

TAR 15: Leg 7 in The Netherlands. The result is so unpredictable.

TAR 16: Leg 7 in Seychelles. Seychelles is sooooo beautiful :colors And Steve & Allie's victory was so unforgettable.

I love your whole list Theodorus, but especially the ones that I quoted here! TAR3 Leg 12 is amazing!!!!! :hearts:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2012, 09:55:10 AM »
IDK why, but I can't remember legs before TAR 14.

TAR 14 Legs 1, 2, 10: Switzerland, Germany, 2nd China

TAR 15 Legs 5, 6, 9, 11: both UAE's, Estonia, 2nd Czech Republic

TAR 16 Legs 4, 7, 11: Germany, Seychelles, 1st China

TAR 17 Legs 1, 3, 7, 11: England, 2nd Ghana, 2nd Russia, S.Korea

TAR 18 Legs 3, 7, 9, 10: Japan, 2nd India, Liechtenstein/Switzerland (despite Jet and Cords Elimination), 2nd Switzerland

TAR 19 Legs 3, 4, 9, 11: 2nd Indonesia, 1st Thailand, Denmark/Belgium, Panama

what would have made it if not for idiotic bread task before the pit stop: TAR 19 Leg 5: 2nd Thailand

addie

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2012, 10:05:50 AM »
At first, all the legs in the Netherlands  :)

At second, Russia #2, TAR17

At third, Egypt legs, TAR5

At fourth, Croatia, TAR12

At fifth, Denmark, TAR19

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2012, 10:54:08 AM »
Funny how the Singapore leg in TAR 16 remains to be the only one to feature a Roadblock, Detour, Fast Forward and U-TURN ever and the epic Carol and Brandy and Brent and Caite showdown but nobody remembers it. :lol:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2012, 09:12:56 PM »
NEW ONE! TAR 20 Leg 3  :yess:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2012, 09:43:49 PM »
NEW ONE! TAR 20 Leg 3  :yess:

AGREED  :hrt:  :hrt:  :hrt:  :wohoo:  :conf:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2012, 10:44:34 PM »
My list of best TAR legs (based on design, events, etc., POST-TAR:AS)

TAR 20-03 (Asuncion, Paraguay) = obvious
TAR 19-04 (Phuket, Thailand) = even though it was very physical leg, I love it
TAR 18-01 (Sydney, Australia) = out of the box clues. One of the hardest (actually, it is the hardest!) starting legs in the entire series.
TAR 18-04 (Lijiang, China) = amazing display of Chinese landscape and culture.
TAR 17-02 (Accra, Ghana) = africa at its finest
TAR 17-03 (Accra, Ghana) = ditto
TAR 17-06 (St. Petersburg, Russia) = amazing detour
TAR 17-07 (St. Petersburg, Russia) = amazing leg
TAR 17-10 (Hong Kong, China) = amazing leg
TAR 16-05 (France) = the battle is amazing (but this one may be removed from this list)
TAR 15-01 (Tokyo, Japan) = even though the leg was disappointingly short, I love it (may be removed from this list)
TAR 15-12 (Las Vegas, Nevada, USA) = amazing leg, even though there is no final memory challenge
TAR 14-07 (Phuket, Thailand) = even though there is no RB and the FF is not aired, it still ranks as one of my favorites
TAR 14-08 (Bangkok, Thailand) = the detour is awesome
TAR 14-09 (Guilin, China) = amazing drama
TAR 14-11 (Beijing, China) = amazing drama
TAR 13-10 (Moscow, Russia) = amazing detour and roadblock
TAR 13-07 (Delhi, India) = amazing detour and roadblock
TAR 12-01 (Shannon, Ireland) = amazing drama
TAR 12-03 (Bingo, Burkina Faso)
TAR 12-04 (Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso)
TAR 12-12 (Anchorage, Alaska, USA) = BEST FINALE LEG DESIGN
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 12:06:26 AM by Cocoa »
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2012, 11:07:39 PM »
Not the best, but I really enjoyed the India leg in TAR13. The color splashing (Holi Festival) roadblock was really fun to watch. I would love to join in to those guys.
Choroneko used Splash

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2012, 02:29:10 AM »
Funny how the Singapore leg in TAR 16 remains to be the only one to feature a Roadblock, Detour, Fast Forward and U-TURN ever and the epic Carol and Brandy and Brent and Caite showdown but nobody remembers it. :lol:

That's actually a pretty good leg (and I'm going to watch it on Thursday :lol: ) and in terms of TAR16, I loved Legs 4, 6 and 7, but I hated the rest of the season, except for Leg 9, which was above average! :tup:

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2012, 09:44:32 PM »
United States
Pennsylvania, TAR 8

North America
Montreal, TAR 8
Guatemala, TAR Latin America 2

Brazil and Argentina
Buenos Aires, TAR 5
Rio De Janeiro, TAR Latin America 2

South America
Asuncion, TAR20
Bolivia, TAR Latin America 2

Southern/Eastern Africa
Soweto, TAR 7
Port Elizabeth, TAR Australia 1

Northern/Western Africa
Giza, TAR 5

Western Europe/British Isles
Portugal, TAR 3

Central Europe/Scandinavia
Grindelwald, TAR 3

Eastern Europe/Russia
St. Petersburg 1, TAR 17
Karlstejn, TAR Asia 2

Middle East
Kuwait, TAR 10
Oman, TAR Asia 3

India
Mumbai, TAR 4
Kolkata/Delhi, TAR Asia 1

Other Central Asia
Sri Lanka, TAR 6
Sri Lanka, TAR Australia 1

South-East Asia
Singapore, TAR 16
Vietnam, TAR Australia 1

China
Shanghai, TAR 6
Beijing, TAR China Rush 1

Other Eastern Asia
Mongolia, TAR 10
Japan, TAR Asia 2

Oceania
TIE: Sydney, TAR 2; New Zealand, TAR 13
Rotorua, TAR Asia 2

The sad thing is most of these choices weren't even really close calls to make - I could have gone with Dhaka for Central Asia (although Azerbaijan will almost certainly beat both) and Manila for Eastern Asia, but the rest of them are pretty much set in stone.

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2012, 10:16:19 PM »

What's equally great is the finale of TAR16 with Carol & Brandy stealing the spotlight. And they have something to say :lol:
Choroneko used Splash

Offline JordanJones123

• RFF Full Member
  • Jet and Cord should have won!
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2012, 09:28:40 AM »
From Recent Memory:

TAR 16: Leg 4 - I loved the whole leg! The fact that it was at night, had some cool challenges (including an intersection, soccer and an awesome eating challenge) and the beatles!

TAR 16: Leg 5 - Although there weren't to many challenges, I still think it had the coolest TAR detour ever, both to do with the war.

TAR 16: Leg 7 - The seychelles were picturesque, filled with drama and had some cool challenges.

TAR 16: Leg 9 - Singapore! I love the city having visited it, and this leg was awesome. as mentioned above, the only leg with a ff, roadblock, detour and uturn! and the challenges were cool, the locations were sick and there was drama.

TAR 17: Leg 4 - Snow! Some cool challenges aswell, and an unexpected elim.

TAR 17: Leg 7 - What more can be said! The challenges, the penalties, the drama!

TAR 18: Leg 1 - The awesome start challenge, the intense challenges, a visit to Australia!! Seeing some old favourites battle it out, some unexpected twists and such a high tempo start to an awesome season!

TAR 18: Leg 4 - One of my favourite things in TAR history, riding those yaks across that awesome waterfall! And the roadblock atop the mountain was cool, as was the drama. The uturn in the second part, the second roadblock was cool and just the whole leg was perfect!

TAR 18: Leg 9 - My fave team eliminated :( But a leg with a part at night, cool locations, sick challenges!

TAR 19: Leg 4 - The island hopping made great TV!

TAR 20: Leg 5 - Snow! Cool challenges, a bit of drama, all in all a good watch and a well constructed leg.

TAR 20: Leg 8 - Although the challenges weren't great, the drive through ngorogoro crater was amazing. A bit of drama in their with the u turns as well, and my team got the win!

Ill post my favourites from earlier seasons later on!

Jet and Cord are still the best!!! Bring them back!

'Maybe God didn't bless me so much with talent, but he gave me try'

Offline Daniel

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2013, 11:18:39 PM »
In a random order:

3 - Switzerland I
Loved the transportations used, Jill being on the boat when John Vito took the clue was smart, loved the money Detour, footrace to the pitstop was epic, Teri & Ian on the way to the pitstop was :lol:

All Stars - 2nd half of Poland leg
Auschwitz was heartwrenching, and then the sausage detour was LOL. Charla in a knight suit :lol:

4 - Malaysia II
Race to the FF was great, loved the FF too. When we thought they were over - all the sudden Kelly & Jon showed up and then it was a race, most intense race on TAR in my opinion -  between them and Millie & Chuck.. Loved, loved this leg.

20 - Japan
Best Japan leg until now. Loved the detour and roadblock, Hiroshima was also amazing.

5 - Phillippines II
A truly classic episode - I can't even explain how amazing it was. Even though I'm a CC fan, I admit this episode would've been way better if Bowling Moms beat them at the Roadblock.

4- South Korea
Airport drama, then the 2nd flight suddenly caught up to the 1st flight. Loved the Roadblock. Octopus was disgusting, Kelly & Jon's entertaining meltdown then winning 1st place :lol:

3 - Vietnam II
Had the best breakdown of TAR in my opinion, Basket Bikes was hilarious, EYE-ANNNN

22 - Amsterdam
Smart use of W Turn, loved the FF, very sad (and shocking) elimination of Abbie & Ryan.

6 - China II
Key roadblock <3333 Rebecca all the sudden got the key near 7 pm when Hayden took the penalty, Hayden's breakdown :lol: 2nd best after Flo's in my opinion. Then suddenly Aaron proposed to Hayden on the pit stop when she had a massive meltdown that day.

10 - Madagascar
Hated the challenges but loved the FF. First intersection ever. Dustin & Kandice beating the FF was epic - and shocking.

5 - Phillippines I
Phillippines on the list again. Chip & Kim's 'betrayal', CC meltdown, also - the most memorable quote ever on the race..... Do I even need to tell what quote it was? :lol:

Other great legs:
TAR 17 Bangladesh, TAR 18 Switzerland (both), and literally every leg on TAR 5.
TAR Canada: Vanessa & Celina
TAR 23: Tim & Marie, Nicky & Kim, Tim & Danny

She's really pissed that we're asking her because she has BUSINESS to do.

Offline Andre

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2013, 07:15:56 AM »
Some of my favorite are:
TAR 12 Final Leg
TAR 13 in Moscow, Russia, a leg before the Final 3. Nick & Starr easily passed all challenge and I even love the Speed Bump for Andrew and Dan
TAR 15 in Dubai, The first Dubai leg is one of my favorite. I like the transition between hot to cold
TAR 15 in Sweden, the switchback challenge is the real standout
TAR 16 in Germany I, Night race with mixed culture all around the challenge
TAR 16 in Seychelles, I hate about Cowboys arrived last, but overall it is an unpredictable one
TAR 17 in St. Petersburg
TAR 18, almost all of them are the real deal
TAR 19, 2 legs in Indonesia
TAR 19 in Panama
No one I think is in my tree... I mean it must be high alone

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2013, 11:14:08 PM »
Well I've only seen seasons 5-18 and season 22 so this is my list of favourite legs!

Season 5
Russia
Egypt 1
Phillippines 1 and 2

Season 6
Iceland
Sweden
Hungary
Sri Lanka
China II

Season 7
Peru
Argentina I
Botswana I
England
Jamaica
USA

Season 8
Let's skip this one..

Season 9
Greece
Oman
Australia I and II
Japan

Season 10
Vietnam I and II
Kuwait
Mauritius
Madagascar
Finland/Ukraine

Season 11
Argentina
Mozambique
Poland I and II
Malaysia

Season 12
Burkina Faso I and II
Croatia
Italy
USA

Season 13
Boliva
New Zealand
Cambodia
India II
Kazakhstan

Season 14
Switzerland
Russia I and II
USA

Season 15
Cambodia
UAE I and II
Netherlands
Sweden
USA

Season 16
Germany
France I and II
Seychelles
Singapore

Season 17
Ghana II
Norway
Russia I and II
Oman
Bangladesh

Season 18
Australia I and II
Japan
Austria
Switzerland I and II
Brazil

Season 22
Bora Bora I
New Zealand
Vietnam
Botswana II
Germany
Scotland
Ireland

It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2013, 11:18:01 PM »
Greece was a terrible leg. :lol: It the most idiotic Detour of all time and the roadblock wasn't that flash either.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2013, 11:29:13 PM »
Tar 8 Finale <3

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2013, 12:13:56 AM »
Greece was a terrible leg. :lol: It the most idiotic Detour of all time and the roadblock wasn't that flash either.

I thought it was a good leg but again it's just my opinion :P
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline aryanisetiawan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2013, 01:36:40 PM »
Amazing race 3
leg 11 ( vietnam I, ho chi minh city )
it was raining and flo got mad. everybody was pretty much confused with what they're supposed to do in the roadblock. and surprisingly, it was an elimination leg.

amazing race 6
leg 11 ( China II, Xi'an)
started at 8 in the morning and finished at 11 PM. the leg began with the easy detour, and going to terracotta warriors museum which was huge. some teams are confused with where the cluebox was. Aaron and Hayden's taxi sucked a lot, Hayden throws lots and lots of funny sarcastic in her meltdown. and the teams made their way to mount hua to face the ultimate challenge and the hardest challenge in the season. rebecca found the correct padlock as soon as hayden decided to quit. but aaron proposed her in the end. FLAWLESS LEG   :jam: :jam: :jam:

amazing race 11
leg 4 ( Argentina, Ushuaia )
the first time i cried seeing this show, when mirna while holding charla's arm said " let's do this together, let's beat the liars"
leg 8 ( Poland II, Krakow)
funny leg, charla in an armor suit, sausage task and my least favorite team got eliminated

Amazing race 12
leg 10 ( taiwan, taipei)
the leg's not that hard, if there hadn't been nathan and jennifer running this leg, this leg wouldn't have made it on this list. they hated TK and Rachel so much on that leg. but eventually they got eliminated, but in the end, they realized their mistakes and hug each other in chiang kai shek memorial plaza.

Amazing race 13
leg 7 ( India II, new delhi)
i was thinking which one is better, this leg or the penultimate leg ( moscow II), but i have to choose this one. the roadblock was very indian, detour was equally hard.

Amazing race 14
leg 10 ( China II, Beijing)
there are no words that could describe how much i loved this leg. i have become a dedicated fan of amazing race after watching these two episodes. the detour, roadblock, the pitstop also was perfect. this IMO the best leg ever.  :cheer: :cheer:

amazing race 16
leg 4 ( Germany, Hamburg)
i'm not an early leg lover, but this one really stood up. well placed intersection, equally doable deoutrs, drinking a boot of beer as the additional task, travelling with metro, and Beatles pitstop, very enjoyable leg
leg 9 ( Singapore )
i'm surprised nobody loved this leg. the Fast forward was amazing, roadblock was good, the drums detour was hilarious, i remember carol and brandy said the kid was on crack. The U turn brings decent drama. ziplining was great. pitstop location fits really well. pretty much tells you what singapore is all about

amazing race 17 ( they're all great legs i couldn't decide which is/are the best )

amazing race 18
leg 5  ( China, Kunming )
started in the early morning, very well made detours and well placed u turn, and What a roadblock this leg had. the roadblock brutally scrambled the placement of any teams.and such lovely pitstop location. this leg is followed by my another favourite leg which is
leg 6 ( India, Kolkata )
who would've thought that you have to find the same tea the you drink in China, in india. detours are okay but the roadblock just owned this leg. although Luke struggled and eventually eliminated  :'(

amazing race 19
leg 9 ( denmark and belgium )
Bodybuilding was hilarious and memorable, the roadblock was creative. don't love the season but love this leg

i don't like any legs in Amazing race 20 i still don't know why

Amazing race 21
leg 8 ( Russia, moscow )
continuing the ambiguous result of leg 7. detours are equal. and roadblock was hard and laughable. watching how teams directly add the time in moscow with the numbers in the timezone ( GMT ). and they just had no idea what they did wrong except for the smart gay goat farmers.

leg 12 ( USA, New york)
i think this is the best Final leg ever. i don't care what you want to say about me  :<3

amazing race 22
leg 4 ( Indonesia, Bali )
best indonesian leg so far. pretty much covers up bali. and with John and jessica elminated with an express pass

leg 9 ( Germany, Berlin)
it's a night leg  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:, base jumping was clever. if this was an elimination leg, and there's a uturn here. this could've been much better.

Offline Andre

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2013, 08:31:28 AM »
And I like Italy leg in S12 too
No one I think is in my tree... I mean it must be high alone

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2013, 10:45:13 AM »
The favourite leg last season was... Botswana Leg 1! <3

Loved the scorpion Roadblock which was memorable, the two Detours which tested skill and not luck... and an epic finish of 4 teams vying to avoid elimination! :)

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2013, 11:03:30 PM »
Not the best, but I really enjoyed the India leg in TAR13. The color splashing (Holi Festival) roadblock was really fun to watch. I would love to join in to those guys.
i actually participated in this on my college campus it is really fun..

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2013, 03:00:19 AM »
My favorite Asia leg is actually the Indonesian Leg 3 from TAR 19.

I just loved it because of the Roadblock <3

The Detour <3

Bill and Cathi tripping at the Detour <3

And so much more epic moments from an otherwise okay season.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2013, 09:07:05 AM »

The Detour <3

Cindy breakdown <3

Jennifer and her bike <3

Kaylani & Lisa and Liz & Marie randomly finished Detour in 3rd and 4th despite their harder side of Detour. <3

And they suddenly came in last and second to last </3

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2013, 03:26:31 PM »
I just was able to rewatch that episode and it was amazing! Surprisingly one of the few good linear legs! The Roadblock was of course fantastic! The difficulty was so :colors that all of the teams worked together, which made for great footraces! The positions from 3rd to 9th was completely shaken up and Amani & Marcus came behind from last! And the transition from urban chaos to the rural environment back to a chaotic tourist hotspot was awesome! And Borobudur is an amazing location! <3

Offline aryanisetiawan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2013, 05:33:22 AM »

Cindy breakdown <3

Jennifer and her bike <3

Kaylani & Lisa and Liz & Marie randomly finished Detour in 3rd and 4th despite their harder side of Detour. <3

:hearts: :hearts:
amazing race 19 was my very first season. i didn't know that two legs in one country is possible. i was so devestated that they ( in leg 2 ) went to Jogjakarta and completely skipped borobudur  :tantrum

but then They saved the best ( borobudur ) for the last challenge in Indonesia 

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2013, 05:37:42 AM »

The Detour <3

Cindy breakdown <3

Jennifer and her bike <3

IKR. I wanted it to be a NEL </3

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2013, 05:40:42 AM »
Oh yeah, another great TAR leg post Unfinished Business:

The TAR 22 Night Leg in Germany <3

Joey and Meghan 2nd <3

Maxie 1st <3

The hot dog greeter <3

The trains <3

The Jumping <3

Katie at that Roadblock <3

EVERYTHING IN THAT LEG <3

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2013, 09:33:19 AM »
I loved the design of that leg, but to me it wasn't very entertaining with only 5 teams. Teams were rather staggered out and there wasn't much competition among teams. I loved the tasks, but the drama wasn't there, except for the foot race to the Pit Stop. And Mona & Beth saved <3 I think this leg would be way better if there were like 8 or 9 teams.

Offline mandk

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2013, 06:58:17 PM »
My best/favorite leg would have to be TAR 9 Leg 3-4 (Russia and Germany) if that was considered to be an entire leg. Even though it didn't have the best tasks and had repeated locations, if i was running that leg I would have gotten an adrenaline rush. I would have been more excited on that leg than any other leg in the race.  :funny:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2013, 12:38:31 AM »
Some of my favorites:

TAR 5 Leg 5 - This leg, the first in Egypt, was very memorable, with excellent (albeit somewhat stereotypical) tasks. Also, it was fun to see Colin & Christie finish hours ahead of all the others with the Fast Forward!

TAR 5 Leg 12 - Beautiful scenery, and it was neat that essentially the entire leg took place on boats! Tasks were a little dull, but the drama this leg had made it memorable.

TAR 5 Leg 13 - Again, great and memorable scenery. The Olympic tasks were interesting to see, and the maze right before the Finish Line was clever.

TAR 6 Leg 1 - Beautiful countryside and waterfalls. Memorable overnight rest location. Got to know all the teams quite well!

TAR 6 Leg 2 - More beautiful scenery. Creative and interesting tasks. No shortage of drama (but then again, that is ALL of TAR 6, right?).

TAR 6 Leg 3 - Tasks were creative yet again, and had a dramatic impact on the outcome.

TAR 6 Leg 8 - Very memorable leg. Ethiopia is a beautiful country, Saint Georges Church a memorable location, and yes, much more drama!

Basically every leg in Season 6 was excellent and well-designed except the very last one.

TAR 7 Leg 5 - Got to see caves, African markets, a scary Fast Forward, and Meredith & Gretchen being saved from elimination. Who wouldn't want to see that? (Maybe only Ray...)

TAR 7 Leg 10 - I like this leg mainly because it was the first visit to England. Loved the Roadblock!

TAR 9 Leg 6 - Loved the tasks, the self-driving, and BJ & Tyler thinking they were eliminated but being saved.

TAR 9 Leg 10 - This was my first ever TAR episode, and I loved the Fast Forward. That may be the only reason I love this leg so much.

TAR 9 Leg 11 - This leg was well designed, with great tasks. Sadly there wasn't much drama or unpredictability. It would have been great if it had been the Final 4 with an elimination at the end.

To be continued...
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

MrDeerShank

« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2013, 10:22:19 AM »
I loved the design of that leg, but to me it wasn't very entertaining with only 5 teams. Teams were rather staggered out and there wasn't much competition among teams. I loved the tasks, but the drama wasn't there, except for the foot race to the Pit Stop. And Mona & Beth saved <3 I think this leg would be way better if there were like 8 or 9 teams.

OH MY GOD AGREED! The leg would have been 100 times better if there was more than 5 teams, but either way, it was still a good leg from TAR22 <3

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2013, 10:24:13 AM »

OH MY GOD AGREED! The leg would have been 100 times better if there was more than 5 teams, but either way, it was still a good leg from TAR22 <3

The DESERVING Emmy Nomd ep that season tbh <3

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2013, 07:52:18 AM »
I seriously now love the TAR 23 Indo legs :lol:

For me, both legs were absolutely amazing, the episodes were great, the tasks were good, and the drama was <3

This SHOULD win TAR the Emmy back after last year's robbage :lol:

Online RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2013, 05:37:24 PM »
TAR 17: Legs 6 & 7/Russia by miles! Personal highlight of the season. They had EVERYTHING.

TAR 18: Leg 9/Liech. & Switzerland - not just because the Cowboys got eliminated :mas25 It was mostly a night leg and I'll love any night leg!

TAR 19: Leg 10/Belgium was really fun to watch but sad because Bill & Cathi got eliminated that leg  :cmas4

TAR 20: Leg 3/Paraguay was one of the best legs ever. I don't think I need to explain why.

TAR 21: Leg 7/Russia had the loss of James & Abba's passports. It was a pretty suspenseful episode if you don't read spoilers :cmaslol . And who doesn't like seeing teams experiencing flight problems! (Very unfortunate, but good TV). Leg 9/Netherlands had some great tasks (though the Switchback sucked) and ended pretty sad aw, poor Abbie & Ryan even though I didn't like them. For some reason I really liked the penultimate Leg 11/France too. Teams kept changing positions and it was close! Kinda weird I have so many Best's for this season even though I didn't like it that much  :cmaslol

TAR 22: Leg 7/Botswana had good tasks. I loved Leg 9/Berlin as well.

TAR 23: The second half of Leg 2/Chile was awesome! Leg 5/Poland will definitely go down as a memorable leg for me. Great Detour, interesting RB, and don't forget the 3-way footrace! Leg 6/Austria was cool seeing Austria in warm weather rather than freezing weather. The RB was pretty good. I LOVED Legs 9 & 10/Indonesia - great step-up for Indonesian legs and they had good  tasks. I gotta say I love a lot of the tasks in 23.

Offline aryanisetiawan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2014, 01:55:10 AM »
TAR 25 LEG 9 IS THE BEST LEG SINCE SEASON 22

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2014, 02:34:26 PM »
TAR 25 LEG 9 IS THE BEST LEG SINCE SEASON 22

TAR 25 Leg 5 was far better than Leg 9 IMO, and I think TAR 23 Leg 2, and TAR 24 Leg 6 we're better Legs than anything TAR 22 gave us, but again just my opinion.  :lol:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2014, 01:25:56 AM »
Ones I can remember in recent date (I haven't watched TAR1 to TAR10 in a while...)

TAR 11, Episode 8. (Poland 2) - Intersection Drama + BQs losing their gigantic lead over it
TAR 12, Episode 3. (Burkina Faso 1) - Really close finish + Lorena's meltdown
TAR 12, Episode 11. (United States) - The incredibly challenging final Roadblock
TAR 14, Episode 1. (Switzerland) - Cheese Hill + Margie & Luke's surprising win
TAR 14, Episode 11. (United States) - Luke's infamous Surfboard meltdown
TAR 15, Episode 1. (Japan) - The Wasabi Roadblock
TAR 17, Episode 1. (England/United Kingdom) - Claire's watermelon accident
TAR 19, Episode 2. (Indonesia 1) - The barely noticeable orphanage clue
TAR 20, Episode 6. (Azerbaijan) - First Fast Forward battle we've had in a while
TAR 20, Episode 12. (United States) - Rachel & Dave still winning after missing the second Roadblock + Brendon & Rachel misreading the clue which practically cost them the race
TAR 22, Episode 1. (Bora Bora 1) - Double Express Pass + Incredibly luck-based Roadblock in extreme heat + 3 teams quitting and having a canoe race
TAR 23, Episode 3. (Portugal) - Closest thing to flight drama in the past few seasons
TAR 23, Episode 6. (Austria) - Tim & Marie stealing Jason & Amy's cab + Vienna Boys' Choir
TAR 25, Episode 5. (Morocco 1) - Everything about it was just  :hrt:
TAR 25, Episode 9. (Singapore) - Everything about it was just  :hrt:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2014, 08:16:28 AM »
Some that i remember :

TAR12 , Leg 1 was pretty awesome with the donkeys.
TAR14 , Legs 10-11 great too.
TAR15 in Dubai.
TAR16 in Malaysia
TAR17 in England , Ghana was great too and i love the Kiruna leg.
TAR18 had absolutly incredible legs , but the China 2 was awesome in a special way.
TAR20 finale , Rachel & Dave making an amazing comeback.
TAR21 finale , my favorite leg all time.
TAR22 in Germany , very well designed leg.
TAR24 had no amazing legs for me. Even though Jet & Cord were eliminated in Spain , i still think it was the best one.
TAR25 in Malta and Singapore rocking it!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2014, 11:18:45 AM »
Tar 25 = Copenhagen, Denmark
Tar 24 = Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tar 23 = Bandung, Indonesia
Tar 22 = Berlin, Germany
Tar 21 = New York, USA
Tar 20 = Osaka, Japan
Tar 19 = Phuket, Thailand
Tar 18 = Kunming, China
Tar 17 = Hong Kong, China
Tar 16 = Singapore, Singapore
Tar 15 = Prague, Czech Republic
Tar 14 = Beijing, China
Tar 13 = Moscow, Russia
Tar 12 = Taipei, Taiwan
Tar 11 = Ushuaia, Argentina
Tar 10 = Ha Long Bay, Vietnam
Tar 09 = Muscat, Oman
Tar 08 = Panama City, Panama
Tar 07 = London, England
Tar 06 = Xi'an, China
Tar 05 = St. Petersburg, Russia
Tar 04 = Seoul, South Korea
Tar 03 = Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Tar 02 = San Fran Cisco, USA
Tar 01 = Rome, Italy

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2014, 12:31:05 PM »
I enjoyed every single leg of TAR 25 except the Season's first episode which lacked a little excitement with three teams quitting at the end... and it went downhill after the New York night start.

Other than that, this season has picked up since and Copenhagen and Singapore were my favourites.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2014, 04:07:18 PM »
Totally agree with all of the TAR25 love. I loved the Itaily leg., awesome RB that reminded me of Mario Kart and   The Detour was also ver fun as well (also 300th leg!!!)

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2014, 04:21:31 PM »
Totally agree with all of the TAR25 love. I loved the Itaily leg., awesome RB that reminded me of Mario Kart and   The Detour was also ver fun as well (also 300th leg!!!)

The Amazing Race 25 is my fav season sicw season 18 and most legs were amazing but with the exception go Leg 1 and 6 but Copenhagen stood out for me but Singapore and Marrakech 1 are close behind

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2014, 04:30:43 PM »
I loved the Detour and ARI of the Shetland Leg, and it would be my fave if it had a decent RB.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2014, 06:31:07 PM »
So while I definitely posted something in this thread earlier I'm pretty sure, I drafted up a more complete list including some shockers :O

- 1.04 (Les Baux de Provence, France to El Jem, Tunisia) - iconic leg is iconic. The lighter clue is, I think, not topped in its obliqueness and the tasks and scenery marry together perfectly
- 1.05 (El Jem, Tunisia to Ksar Ghilane Oasis, Tunisia) - this one doesn't get a lot of love, being sandwiched between an obvious Great Leg and a leg with a load of drama but the fact that the hardest task of the leg was simply driving between points A and B makes it incredible
- 2.05 (near Windhoek, Namibia to Amphawa, Thailand) - I feel like this is probably the best Thailand leg of TAR? Complex Detours, a RB that tests the squeamish, and a variety of transportation options both mandatory and optional make this a true test of teams
- 2.08 (Hong Kong, Sydney to Sydney, Australia) - lol. I know most people enjoy the Sydney stuff but the extra bit of Hong Kong was also good and a nice contrast to the urban nature of the previous leg.
- 3.08 (Fussen, Germany to Grindelwald, Switzerland) - THIS LEG <3 any sort of leg whose difficulty results in the most boring team remaining a) gaining a personality and b) nearly dying of cardiac arrest is a truly great leg
- 4.02 (Cortina d'Ampezzo, Italy to Venice, Italy) - the late-leg bunch allllmost ruins it but the fact is the leg was pretty much a trap for people who would go on a free trip to Venice - who wouldn't want to ride in a gondola or spend time wandering the streets? (people who wanted to stay in the race alol)
- 4.06 (Muiden, the Netherlands to Mumbai, India) - INDIA. While I enjoy the 1.5 India legs of TAR 1 more from a television perspective, I think this is the standard for which all future India legs should be judged - tasks involving hard labor and attention to detail and trains which potentially induce rape are things which should always be present.
- 5.04 (San Carlos de Bariloche, Argentina to Pushkin, Russia) - arguably the first leg specifically designed to push teams to the point of attrition, it features many things I love: long-distance ground travel, complex airport routings, alcohol, and in this particular instance an eating challenge which, while difficult, wasn't asinine (looking@u Meatblock, "Quick and Easy Meal")
- 5.05 (Pushkin, Russia to Giza, Egypt) - THE SPHINX. that is all.
- 6.02 (Grindavik, Iceland to Voss, Norway) - this was a nice way to address the absurd amounts of bunching of TAR 6 plus the Detour is one of the best of the series <3
- 8.11a (Absarokee, Montana to Montreal, Quebec) - actual fun and clever and visually interesting tasks from FE? PLUS forcing people to hunt through a 56000 seat stadium for one of *3* clues? brutal.
- 10.02 (Great Wall of China, China to Ulanbataar, Mongolia) - For a change, the complex navigation leg and the leg with an absurdly difficult physical task leg were the same thing :O
- 10.03 (Ulanbataar, Mongolia to Vac, Vietnam) - the choices made in this leg just...flowed organically; 0 dollars begets a bunching point begets an RB in which one chooses between time and cash begets a random bus ride begets a labor or detail-oriented Detour. It all works.
- 10.06 (Chennai, India to Kuwait City, Kuwait) - I'm...95% sure this was the leg designed by a Survivor staffer. Pretty good, considering this would've been around the time of Cook Islands.
- 12.07 (Dubrovnik, Croatia to Florence, Italy) - the number of types of transportation used in this episode is equal to the number of types of transportation used in some seasons. Plus beyond that there were difficult tasks <3
- 13.07 (New Delhi, India to Old Delhi, India) - sometimes I just like good looking, difficult, culturally relevant tasks :)
- 13.10 (Moscow, Russia to Moscow, Russia) - ...and sometimes I like legs with tasks that require multiple paragraphs to explain <3
- 14.10b (Beijing, China to Beijing, China) - I feel like I'd LOVE this leg without the U-Turn but I like that the U-Turn was hidden in an alcove like 500 meters away from both Detours <3
- 15.11 (Prague, Czech Republic to Prague, Czech Republic) - literally everything in this leg was designed to make teams feel as horrible as possible, starting from having Prague 1 occur in the day to force a daytime Pit Stop  :funny:
- 17.03 (Accra, Ghana to Doryumu, Ghana) - the best linear leg, by far
- 17.06 (Narvik, Norway to St. Petersburg, Russia) - I think had gorodki replaced the potato planting this would be a contender for Best Leg Ever but it's still great <3 Every location being beautiful <3
- 18.04 (Yokohama, Japan to Lijiang, China) - okay this miiiight be due to Kent and Vyxsin being who they were but I rather liked the leg <3 It definitely felt cozy because it was in a small area full of people despite being somewhat rural and I liked it.
- 18.05 (Lijiang, China to Kunming, China) - altitude sickness exacerbating already difficult tasks <3
- 19.05 (Ko Samui, Thailand to Bangkok, Thailand) - I feel like this is the most TAR 1-like leg not made in March 2001.
- 20.03 (Buenos Aires, Argentina to Asuncion, Paraguay) - a recurring theme with me: difficult tasks in a small area begets lots of ~tension~
- 21.11 (Palma, Mallorca to Chenoceaux, France) - though this is an inversion of that: difficult tasks in a giant area, filled with GORGEOUS chateaus <3
- 22.04 (Christchurch, New Zealand to Kuta, Indonesia) - okay this miiiiight be due to John being dumb but the tasks were all pretty difficult in hindsight. Also monkeys <3
- 22.09 (Grindelwald, Switzerland to Berlin, Germany) - for a 'theme' leg, it wasn't really obnoxious or overbearing though I will always question the ridiculous mechinations used to get teams from Grindelwald to Berlin to start with
- 23.06 (Gdansk, Poland to Vienna, Austria) - admittedly this would be much better had someone attempted the chandelier drop but I like the homage to TAR 4, even if its parent leg blew because of the late train)
- 25.04 (Shetland Islands, UK to Copenhagen, Denmark via Malmo, Sweden - legs which are long enough to force people to race in darkness <3)

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2015, 09:03:00 AM »
My all-time favorite leg is still Moscow 2 in Season 13. LOVE every tasks in that leg! The Detour is not only showcasing the metro and tram system of Moscow but also very challenging team with difficulty in navigation. The Roadblock is fun and the puzzle is pretty confusing to solve! I hope they make a leg like this again, just the consecutive tasks that mentally challenging teams, rather than loads of generic linear tasks that had nothing to do with the culture in that city at all. (Of all things they can do in Bangkok, they send teams to feed milk to cat and play pool? Yeah, that is still bothering me :res:)

Close runner-up would be Morocco 1 in Season 25 and maybe Alaska in Season 12. Both legs were amazing!

The legs I like (For an entire leg not just some tasks):
- 10.02 (Mongolia) --> Very scenic location, the tasks are super HARD and force team to drive vintage car in rural Mongolia is just <3.
- 12.05 (Lithuania) --> Beautiful country with great tasks. But I wish we had a chance to see that unaired FF.
- 13.07 (India) --> This leg is so crazy and I love it. <3 Holi RB <3 That water serving FF <3 Tracking wire detour <3
- 18.03 (Japan) --> Best Japan leg in an entire series in my opinion.
- 22.01 (French Polynesia) --> Best premier in an entire series in my opinion.
- 22.04 (Indonesia) --> I like the tasks in this leg, really cultural and cool! Bali also provided a lot of beautiful scenery.
- 22.09 (Germany) --> Super weird leg. <3 I don't know. I mean, every tasks were so weird but it's so entertaining to watch. :lol:
- 25.04 (Denmark & Sweden) --> Hard and original tasks with self-driving. <3
- 26.06 (France & Monaco) --> I think the tasks were good! And the scenery of Southern France is so mesmerizing.
- 26.11 (Peru) --> Very hard penultimate leg. The tasks were so challenging. But it would be more entertaining if there's bunching at the start of the leg and cut the F4 twist out.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2015, 10:23:03 PM »
The legs that i will always rewatch :

TAR 5 Leg 4
TAR 5 Leg 5
TAR 5 Leg 12
TAR 6 Leg 3
TAR 6 Leg 11 (Xian)
TAR 7 Leg 10 (London)
TAR 9 Leg 4 (Italy 1)
TAR 10 Leg 8
TAR 12 Leg 5
TAR 12 Leg 7
TAR 13 Leg 4
TAR 14 Leg 10b (Beijing 2)
TAR 16 Leg 10
TAR 17 Leg 7
TAR 17 Leg 10
TAR 18 Leg 4
TAR 18 Leg 5
TAR 22 Leg 1
TAR 22 Leg 9
TAR 23 Leg 5
TAR 24 Leg 10
TAR 25 Leg 4
TAR 25 Leg 9
TAR 26 Leg 6
TAR 26 Leg 9

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2015, 11:05:43 PM »
I don't get why people love Spain in TAR 24. Seriously, it had a Roadblock where you had to shave cream off a balloon. Can someone please enlighten me? ???

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2015, 11:07:22 PM »
I don't get why people love Spain in TAR 24. Seriously, it had a Roadblock where you had to shave cream off a balloon. Can someone please enlighten me? ???

Leg 6 was the only all stars worthy leg of that entire season.
It's Clobbering Time!

Wadsy591

« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2015, 11:14:22 PM »
I love these these threads, and these are my choices for best legs:

TAR 3:

Leg 7 (Germany & Austria)
Leg 8 (Switzerland)
Leg 9 (Switzerland)

TAR 5:

Leg 5 (Egypt)
Leg 8 (United Arab Emirates)

TAR 6:

Leg 2 (Norway)
Leg 3 (Sweden)
Leg 4 (Senegal)
Leg 10 (Shanghai, China)
Leg 11 (Xi'an, China)

TAR 12 :

Leg 6 (Croatia)

TAR 18:

Leg 1 (Australia)
Leg 8 (Austria)
Leg 9 (Liechtenstein & Switzerland)

TAR 19:

Leg 8 (Denmark)
Leg 9 (Denmark, Germany & Belgium)

TAR 21:

Leg 10 (Spain)
Leg 11 (France)

TAR 22:

Leg 1 (Bora Bora)
Leg 9 (Germany)

Unfortunately no legs between TAR23-26 stood out for me particularly, though Amsterdam in 26 is an honorable mention.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 11:23:50 PM by Wadsy591 »

Wadsy591

« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2015, 11:15:24 PM »

Even I hated that challenge, I am just trying to defend a leg from the worst season ever. lol.
I did enjoy that leg, to an extent.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2015, 01:33:21 AM »
the detour is great,
the intense race to the u-turn is also memorable

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2015, 01:46:21 AM »
the detour is great,
the intense race to the u-turn is also memorable

What!? :lol:

I agree with you that the detour is somewhat great. But that U-Turn is SO lame to me, the only memorable things about U-Turn that leg is WHINE & Cornor WHINE about cannot U-Turn Brenchels because they waste their power for the most pointless U-Turn ever in Italy. :lol:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2015, 12:47:57 PM »

Leg 6 was the only all stars worthy leg of that entire season.
No, leg 4 was!

And I loved the RB in Spain ???

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2015, 10:23:23 PM »
Marionette sharing the TAR24 Malaysia 2 love <3

BIG RED X

EAOWadsy

« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2017, 05:14:15 PM »

LOL, my point exactly. The entire season is a piece of garbage, I didn't enjoy any leg that god awful season.

EAOWadsy

« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2017, 05:38:41 PM »
Best leg from every season, in my opinion:

1. New York, USA (Final Leg)
2. Sydney, Australia (Leg 8 )
3. Montreux, Switzerland (Leg 9)
4. Borneo, Malaysia (Leg 9)
5. Rotorua, New Zealand (Leg 10)
6. X'ian, China (Leg 11)
7. London, England (Leg 10)
8. None...
9. Athens, Greece (Leg 6)
10. Turku, Finland & Kiev, Ukraine (Leg 9)
11. Krakow, Poland (Leg 8 )
12. Dubrovnik, Croatia (Leg 6)
13. Tauranga, New Zealand (Leg 4)
14. Transylvania, Romania (Leg 3)
15. Stockholm, Sweden (Leg 8 )
16. None...
17. Lapland, Sweden (Leg 4)
18. Manly, Australia (Leg 1)
19. Copenhagen, Denmark (Leg 8 )
20. Bavaria, Germany (Leg 5)
21. Marllorca, Spain (Leg 10)
22. Berlin, Germany (Leg 9)
23. Vienna, Austria (Leg 6)
24. None...
25. Valleta, Malta (Leg 8 )
26. Monte Carlo, Monaco (Leg 6)
27. Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe (Leg 5)
28. Yerevan, Armenia (Leg 6)
29. Lake Como, Italy (Leg 6)

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2017, 07:10:30 PM »
Best leg post TAR24:

TAR25: Copenhagen, Denmark
TAR26: Amsterdam, Netherlands
TAR27: NY, USA
TAR28: Tbilisi, Georgia
TAR29: Ninh Binh, Vietnam (Though most of the legs this season sans Italy 1 post-nightrest part was good/decent/great on their own especially the endgame Asia legs.)

TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2017, 07:33:31 PM »
My favourite legs in a season, would have to be TAR22

TARAus3 America was great!

TARC1 legs were also good

And of course, EL Nino  :luvya:

EAOWadsy

« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2017, 04:10:54 AM »
My favourite leg of all time from The Amazing Race is from Season 6... And can you guess what leg it is? The one and only penultimate leg in X'ian.

Nothing does it better for than this, mainly because it features the visit to my favourite ever location - the Terra Cotta Warriors Museum, let alone the rest of X'ian like Mount Hua and the Pit Stop location which were stunning to a degree I've never seen before. We then have non-stop intensive drama by the teams, the Roadblock which proved to be the golden cup of the leg, followed by Hayden & Aaron receiving a four-hour penalty and getting eliminated. Despite the fact that I wanted them to win of the four remaining teams, the proposal was sweet and something I never forgot.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 04:14:16 AM by Wadsy591 »

Offline Palperro

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • aka Paldog aka Paldog123456
« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2017, 11:53:19 AM »
My favourite leg of all time from The Amazing Race is from Season 6... And can you guess what leg it is? The one and only penultimate leg in X'ian.

Nothing does it better for than this, mainly because it features the visit to my favourite ever location - the Terra Cotta Warriors Museum, let alone the rest of X'ian like Mount Hua and the Pit Stop location which were stunning to a degree I've never seen before. We then have non-stop intensive drama by the teams, the Roadblock which proved to be the golden cup of the leg, followed by Hayden & Aaron receiving a four-hour penalty and getting eliminated. Despite the fact that I wanted them to win of the four remaining teams, the proposal was sweet and something I never forgot.

I love this episode and the leg (definitely my fav from season 6), but I feel like a luck task right before the final elimination was kind of unfair.
Por ti volaré

Online RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2018, 11:27:30 AM »
TAR 17, Leg 2 (Ghana) - the Race's first visit to Ghana; a fun Roadblock with hilarious locals; tons of interaction with locals between the Detour and Pit Stop

TAR 17, Leg 6 (Russia) - such a challenging/memorable Detour

TAR 17, Leg 9 (Bangladesh) - the first ever Double U-Turn and still the best execution of it...

TAR 20, Leg 3 (Paraguay) - one of the best legs of the HD era. Challenging Detour and Roadblock. Nowadays TAR would make this a NEL because it was so hard... & don't forget the epic race to the Pit Stop.

TAR 25, Leg 5 (Morocco) - a very full and memorable episode. A Route Info task, Roadblock, Speed Bump, Detour, and Double U-Turn!

TAR 25, Leg 9 (Singapore) - another very full leg from TAR 25. A Fast Forward battle, Jim falling at the Roadblock, the painful Detour, Double U-Turn drama, and a Route Info task.

I think this thread made me realize how important it is to have a good cast.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 11:51:27 AM by RaceUntilWeDie »

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2018, 12:43:29 AM »
I haven't seen some seasons in so long, I couldn't remember anything about episodes and Legs even if I read Wikipedia summaries. lol Also, there are well designed Legs that produce duds as episodes and poorly designed Legs that somehow make great TV.

So from the seasons that I can remember (and some I probably know by heart! hehe)

TAR3
Pretty much every Leg, but...
Both Vietnam Legs (Legs 11 & 12) - Obviously just epic and all-time classic episodes and Legs.

TAR4
Malaysia (Leg 9) - A simple, straightforward Leg that turned into a grueling, dramatic Race.

TAR5
The Philippine Legs are memorable episodes thanks to the teams, though the Legs themselves maybe don't hold up as well aside from "My Ox is Broken" Otherwise,
Uruguay (Leg 1) - Now this is a season premiere. A great first Leg with solid tasks and tricky clues. Add in the teams all delivering, and you've got a great one.
Argentina 1 (Leg 2) - Maybe since I recently just watched it again, it's fresh in my mind, but it was a hectic Leg with lots of drama and good competition. Again, the teams helped make the Leg much more than it was on paper.

TAR6
Another season with a lot of great Legs. But I'd go with:
Ethiopia (Leg 8) - Great Leg with both physical tasks and some attention to detail and luck. Plus donkeys!

TAR7
India SuperLeg (Leg 8) - TAR7 is pretty low on my list. But Gretchen on the elephant is enough to make me choose it.
South Africa (Leg 5) and Botswana (Leg 6) are close as well for Gretchen's fall in the tunnel in South Africa and the epic finish in Botswana

TAR8
Panama (Leg 5) and Costa Rica (Leg 6 and half of 7) are in a league of their own for this season, obviously. And I'm one of the very few who actually likes (loves?) the season.
But for the stateside Legs, I'd go with:
New Jersey/Pennsylvania (Leg 1) - Mama Weaver almost getting killed by a buggy and the little kid of the Black Family getting stuck in a ditch is epic stuff.
But most of all, the Finale SuperLeg was pretty excellent.

TAR9
Oman (Leg 7) - Great Leg, horrible result.

TAR10
Still the most grueling and physically challenging season ever.
Vietnam 2 (Leg 4) - A great, full Leg
Madagascar (Leg 8) - Mainly for the excellently edited sequence featuring the Intersection. 2 teams at the Fast Forward while the other four doing the mattress Detour. It was pure insanity and amazing. Those 5 minutes are more exciting many entire episodes in the HD Era.

TAR11
Not really sure, even though I love the season.
Hong Kong (Leg 10) - Very cool, unique tasks.
I would choose Tanzania (Leg 6), but the invisible storm keeps me from doing so lol

TAR12
Another hard one.
Burkina Faso 1 (Leg 3) - A fun, full Leg even in such a small area and with only a Detour and Road Block
Honorable mentions to Netherlands (Leg 2) and India (Leg 8)

TAR13
Brazil 1 (Leg 1) - Also recently watched and it was another great premiere. Very full opening Leg.
Honorable mentions to Bolivia (Leg 3), India 2 (Leg 7), Kazakhstan (Leg 8)

TAR14
China SuperLeg (Leg 10) - Basically two Legs of great tasks.

TAR17
Ghana 1 (Leg 2) - Perfect kind of Leg for the early part of the Race with 10 teams.
Russia 1 (Leg 6) - Really one of the best Russia Legs of any TAR. Just great tasks on a well-designed Leg with teams delivering.

TAR20
Paraguay (Leg 3) - Challenging, unique tasks on a perfect early Race Leg. Would not work later with less teams.
India 2 (Leg 10) - Another challenging Leg with good tasks that together made a full Leg

TAR21
Bangladesh 2 (Leg 5) - Talk about a challenging Leg, this was definitely one of those. Physically and even mentally challenging

TAR23
Norway (Leg 4) - Love the Midnight Sun Leg.
Indonesia (Leg 9) - A full Leg highlighted by the Road Block

TAR24
Sri Lanka 1 and 2 (Legs 5 and 6) - On this otherwise garbage season, I think both Legs were pretty good. The Detour of Leg 5 was great. And the gasoline Road Block of Leg 6 is a perfect example of how to design Legs to allow for as many teams as possible at a task for maximum chaos.

TAR25
Morocco 1 (Leg 5) - No question. Robbed of the Emmy, it is simply one of the best Legs of the HD Era.
Philippines 2 (Leg 11) - A little biased of a choice lol, but it was a great urban Leg.

TAR26
Peru 1 (Leg 10) - A great, physical Leg that would've really been outstanding with a few more teams.

TAR27
India 2 (Leg 10) - Love the night Leg. Only a Road Block and Detour, but still a full, challenging Leg.

TAR28
Indonesia 1 and 2 (Legs 9 and 10) - Best, most full Legs of the season. But maybe pales in comparison to other seasons.

TAR29
Vietnam 2 (Leg 10) - Absolutely the best Leg since TAR25's Morocco Leg. Again, might have been even more amazing earlier in the Race.

Online RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2018, 01:00:39 PM »
TAR 17, Leg 2 (Ghana) - the Race's first visit to Ghana; a fun Roadblock with hilarious locals; tons of interaction with locals between the Detour and Pit Stop

TAR 17, Leg 9 (Bangladesh) - the first ever Double U-Turn and still the best execution of it...

TAR 20, Leg 3 (Paraguay) - one of the best legs of the HD era. Challenging Detour and Roadblock. Nowadays TAR would make this a NEL because it was so hard... & don't forget the epic race to the Pit Stop.

TAR 25, Leg 5 (Morocco) - a very full and memorable episode. A Route Info task, Roadblock, Speed Bump, Detour, and Double U-Turn!

TAR 25, Leg 9 (Singapore) - another very full leg from TAR 25. A Fast Forward battle, Jim falling at the Roadblock, the painful Detour, Double U-Turn drama, and a Route Info task.

TAR 30, Leg 11 (Hong Kong) - teams are neck-and-neck the entire time; features interesting/creative enough Detour, Roadblock, and ARI all in one.

TAR 30, Leg 12 (U.S.) - I've said this on numerous threads but I really appreciate how this is, like, the most nonlinear finale in recent memory. Every team was on top of each other the entire time and no one lagged behind.

I think this thread made me realize how important it is to have a good cast.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2018, 04:48:56 PM »
Would the TAR30 finale be the best finale leg ever???

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2018, 09:07:01 PM »
With so many seasons, it's really nearly impossible to adequately rate something like that, but I would definitely say it's in the top 3, at least (with no particular finales in mind).

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2018, 01:24:59 PM »
TAR 1: Italy & India (Leg 7)
TAR 2: Hong Kong & Sydney, Australia (Leg 8 )
TAR 3: Zurich & Grindelwald, Switzerland (Leg 8 )
TAR 4: Venice, Italy (Leg 2)
TAR 5: Kilimanjaro, Tanzania (Leg 7)
TAR 6: Lalibela, Ethiopia (Leg 8 )
TAR 7: London, United Kingdom (Leg 11)
TAR 8: Panama City, Panama (Leg 5)
TAR 9: Lopburi & Bangkok, Thailand (Leg 10)
TAR 10: Hanoi & Vac, Vietnam (Leg 3)
TAR 11: Macau (Leg 11)
TAR 12: Osaka, Japan (Leg 9)
TAR 13: Delhi, India (Leg 7)
TAR 14: Beijing, China (Leg 10)
TAR 15: Prague, Czech Republic 2 (Leg 11)
TAR 16: Hamburg, Germany (Leg 4)
TAR 17: Saint Petersburg, Russia 1 (Leg 6)
TAR 18: Kunming, China (Leg 5)
TAR 19: Panama City, Panama (Leg 11)
TAR 20: Asuncion, Paraguay (Leg 3)
TAR 21: New York City, USA (Leg 12)
TAR 22: Berlin, Germany (Leg 9)
TAR 23: Bandung, Indonesia (Leg 9)
TAR 24: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Leg 4)
TAR 25: Copenhagen, Denmark & Malmo, Sweden (Leg 4)
TAR 26: Monaco & France (Leg 6)
TAR 27: Hong Kong & Macau (Leg 11)
TAR 28: Tbilisi, Georgia (Leg 7)
TAR 29: Ninh Binh, Vietnam (Leg 10)
TAR 30: San Francisco (Leg 12)

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2018, 01:02:35 AM »
Leg 3 in TAR 30 WAS PRETTY !!!
The detour was actually pretty easy and unbalanced, but the roadblock was flippin' amazing !
It definitely made me consider going to Tangiers for a vacation. Those hills and slopes, and the midday heat, it really knocks the wind out of you, and it's not like you can work with other people, that roadblock was IMO the best of the season.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2019, 08:51:25 AM »
S27 the one with lions is one of the best, i want to walk with lions like that
Swarm stupidity