Author Topic: TAR 20: Vanessa Macias and Ralph Kelley *Dating Divorcees*  (Read 68937 times)

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 20: Vanessa Macias and Ralph Kelley *Dating Divorcees*
« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2012, 09:28:18 PM »
I ran across this:  http://www.seattlepi.com/ae/tv/tvguide/article/Amazing-Race-s-Vanessa-and-Ralph-Rachel-Is-a-3548785.php#page-2
Looks like Vanessa may have finally revealed why she and Rachel were at each others throats, and if true, I don't blame her.

You can read Brendon & Rachel's response in this interview.

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2012, 09:29:14 PM »
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-vanessa-macias-ralph-kelley-talk-amazing-race-%28pt-2%29-13461.php

Exclusive: Vanessa Macias, Ralph Kelley talk 'Amazing Race' (Pt 2)
By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski

Vanessa Macias and Ralph Kelley were eliminated at the end of The Amazing Race's eleventh leg, making it just shy of the Final 3, during Sunday night's two-hour finale broadcast of the CBS reality competition's twentieth season.

The "Dating Divorcees" finished the Race in fourth place and were beat by champions and "Married Couple" Rachel Brown and Dave Brown, "Border Patrol Agents and Friends" Art Velez and J.J. Carrell -- who came in second place overall -- and third-place finishers, "Engaged Couple" and former Big Brother houseguests Brendon Villegas and Rachel Reilly.

Vanessa, who struggled with an ankle injury, and Ralph were ineligible to compete in the final twelfth leg of the Race following their ouster mid-episode, and therefore, lost their chance to compete for the million-dollar grand prize.

On Monday, Vanessa and Ralph talked to Reality TV World about their The Amazing Race experience -- including whether they'd ever consider racing in an all-stars edition although they've broken up, what was the real reason Vanessa didn't like Rachel and Brendon that the show neglected to broadcast, why Vanessa argued she's not a "mean girl," and what type of task they were extremely prepared for that didn't end up happening. 

Below is the concluding portion of our exclusive interview with Vanessa and Ralph. Click here to read the first half. To read Rachel B. and Dave's entire interview, click here. To begin reading Art and J.J.'s interview, click here. To check out Rachel R. and Brendon's whole interview and read what they had to say about the two teams' arguments, click here.

Reality TV World: You guys were shown bickering a lot throughout the Race, but you always seemed to squash your issues quickly and just get through the legs. When I talked to Rachel and Dave today, they both admitted it probably would've been more efficient to race with a partner who's a friend, so do you agree with them? Do you think it's harder to compete as a couple during the Race rather or did you think you actually had an advantage working together as a dating couple?

Ralph Kelley: (Laughs) It's definitely more emotional to race with a significant other just because, if you're with a friend, you can basically tell them off and get back to what you're doing and things aren't necessarily taken to heart, whereas if you're with your significant other, you know what buttons to push and sometimes that can create a little bit more tension or make the situation a little bit more heated -- because that person's not listening to you or they say something that's kind of hurtful.

Vanessa Macias: Yeah, I can't agree with that. I think that being -- obviously Ralph is a competitor and as a partner, is a natural choice physically, but I think we're the type of personality where we don't really hold onto much long. If we got into a fight, we easily drop things. We pretty easily drop things and move on, like in Bavaria, the next day, we're fine.

Reality TV World: Speaking of friends, it sounds like you guys are getting along pretty well despite the fact you broke up. Would you say you're friends now? Are you guys on good terms?

Ralph Kelley: Yeah, we're on good terms.

Vanessa Macias: I remain friends with all my exes.

Reality TV World: That's good! You guys seemed to have the biggest issue with Rachel and Brendon throughout the season. Vanessa, especially you. So could you talk a little bit about what problems you had with them, and although you guys seemed to both apologize and bury the hatchet during one of the legs, was that actually sincere or were you just kind of being polite?

Vanessa Macias: You know, I should have never made that comment about her physical features. That was just below the belt and mean. The reasons we don't get along, and of course it didn't air, but it was because they attacked my personal and political views pretty graphically.

So that's kind of something I hold really close to me and is really important to me, so I didn't like them from the word "go." Burying the hatchet? Sure. If I see them, I'll smile at them, but I'm not going to sit down and have tea and crumpets.

Reality TV World: Art and J.J. said Rachel and Brendon didn't deserve to be in the Race at all because they were just followers and had no real racing skills. What did you think about that team being in the finale? Did you think they deserved to be there, and if not at first, did you change your mind towards the end?

Ralph Kelley: Honestly, it's not my call and like, that's one of those things where anyone that was on the show could've made it there. Obviously skill does come into play, but there's so much luck and there's so many outside factors that come into play while you're racing.

If you miss a cab or the cab driver takes a wrong turn or a rickshaw -- like in India, our rickshaw was going the wrong way and I just had a bad feeling about it and we turned them around. It's just luck.

Reality TV World: When I talked to a few of the other teams this season, I asked them about the drama that played out between yourselves and Rachel and Brendon, and most of them sided with Rachel and Brendon -- claiming Rachel was a very nice girl, while Vanessa, they actually kind of thought the opposite of you. So what's your reaction to that Vanessa? Would you say people wrongly judged you or maybe they just misunderstood you? Why do you think they got the impression you were kind of a "mean girl?"

Vanessa Macias: Yeah, and that's so funny because in every other aspect of my life, I'm very "girl power" and I'm always helping out girls who want to work in any of the industries in which I work. I'm always very, very helpful and I put people in front of the right people and I'm just not a catty mean girl by any stretch of the imagination.

I think what it comes down to is, I didn't like them. (Laughs) I didn't like them and I didn't say anything that nobody else said about them. I just said it while the cameras were rolling and I said it publicly.

Maybe my choice of words weren't the most flattering for either one of us, but I'm not mean per say. I'm not mean -- especially if someone attacks me personally, I'm not mean. But if somebody gets in the face of somebody that's close to me and I really care about, then you know, the claws are going to come out. I get real "momma lion" like that.

Reality TV World: The best you guys ever did throughout the Race was finishing in third place. Why do you think that was? Was it simply because Art and J.J. and Rachel and Dave were really strong competitive teams, or looking back, do you think you could've done anything different to better your racing ability or team dynamic?

Ralph Kelley: There were strong teams and they made good decisions as far as which tasks to tackle and the Fast Forward and all of that came into play. I don't know. I don't think that it was necessarily us and not being good competitors. I just think that they were strong. They were two really strong teams. They had good heads and physically, they were able to pull it out.

Reality TV World: In past The Amazing Race seasons, most teams normally prepared for a task in the finale that would test their knowledge and memory of the prior legs. How much studying had you two done prior to your elimination and throughout the Race in general, and were you surprised you didn't end up getting a task like that? 

Vanessa Macias: We were preparing very, very thoroughly. Our notes -- because I'm kind of a nerd -- and by "kind of," I mean I'm "really a nerd." Our notes were just so, so detailed.

We had everything down from the name of the person that was greeting us to what they were wearing and what color their belt was -- every little detail that was in every Roadblock, every clue -- we noted every single little thing. So we were fully anticipating something that would jog memory or just have something to do with the previous legs.

Reality TV World: Art and J.J. suspected that Nary Ebeid and Jamie Graetz weren't actually kindergarten teachers and they proved to be right in the end. What were your thoughts on that when you found out their real professions and do you think it made any sense for them to pull off that cover story or did it not make a difference? Would you have been more intimidated by them if had known the truth or no?

Ralph Kelley: Absolutely not. (Laughs) It didn't matter to us. It was just one of those things that they did it for whatever reason and it really wouldn't have made any difference to us.

Reality TV World: How were you cast on The Amazing Race? Was it your first time applying for the show and would you ever consider doing an all-stars edition if you were given the opportunity?

Vanessa Macias: It was something that I considered doing for 10 years and I was talking to Ralph about it. We were very impulsively decided to go to Dallas and audition. We went, they told us to talk for one minute in front of the camera, we did, they called us back, and we ended up making it. As far as all-stars, I don't know if we could compete together.

Ralph Kelley: But that would be interesting!

Vanessa Macias: (Laughs)

Reality TV World: It sounds like it would be! (Laughs) You guys should consider that.

Ralph Kelley: If they brought us back together, you would have a whole new show, let me tell you that.

Reality TV World: (Laughs) It would be "The Vanessa and Ralph Show." If you two had won The Amazing Race, what do you think you would've spent the money on?

Vanessa Macias: I think another house. I would've bought a house here in San Antonio.

Ralph Kelley: I would have put my daughter through college and probably have done a little traveling. There's two places that we went to during the Race that I would love to go back to.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2012, 03:23:12 AM »
All teams have bad luck at times I don't think that is much of an excuse.  They were actually the team with the 5th highest average placement, so they finished one place higher than maybe they were due.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2012, 08:17:24 PM »
A video of Vanessa trying her hand at "empty orchestra" (kara-oke; a Japanese exchange student once
mentioned his irritation to me that so many people pronounce it "carry-okie"  :lol:). I don't listen to rap, so I have no idea how well she did.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2012, 01:28:01 AM »
Honestly, I like them better than the F3 teams and they are one of my top three favourites this season. :lol:

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2012, 08:21:44 AM »
Unfortunately, they already broke up  :'( and I just found out that Ralph is dating Jodi (of TAR14)  :o :o :o

Offline BlooperGuy

• RFF Full Member
  • SKRILLEX.....VS.....MOZART!!!!
« Reply #106 on: August 13, 2012, 10:55:55 AM »
Unfortunately, they already broke up  :'( and I just found out that Ralph is dating Jodi (of TAR14)  :o :o :o
Isn't she like 40 or something? ??? ???

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2012, 11:22:03 AM »
 :stare It is true

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: August 13, 2012, 08:04:29 PM »
Isn't she like 40 or something? ??? ???

She was 40 when Season 14 was filming, so she would be 44 by now. And Ralph's 36.

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2012, 08:37:37 PM »
Cheese and crackers, he is dating a woman older than himself. A racer from another season, no less.

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: August 14, 2012, 10:35:02 AM »
:stare It is true

Yes. I saw pictures.  :stare
I want Vanessa for Ralph!  :'(  :lol:

Offline BlooperGuy

• RFF Full Member
  • SKRILLEX.....VS.....MOZART!!!!
« Reply #111 on: August 15, 2012, 01:44:13 PM »
Wouldn't really mind having a Jodi and Ralph team competing in an all stars season on the future. I like Jodi 1000 times better than Vanessa.  :tup:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #112 on: August 15, 2012, 10:51:45 PM »
Jodi works in casting now.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2012, 09:41:54 AM »
Congratulations Jodi & Ralph!  :hearts:

Pity about her and Christie though.  :'(

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2012, 01:02:54 PM »
Christie & Jodi were one of my favourite F/F teams, so I'd love to see her racing with Ralph again :)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: August 28, 2012, 07:24:40 PM »
Vanessa has a new gig. She's been hired to be on the morning show for a country music radio station in San Antonio.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/jakle06/2012/08/provocative-amazing-race-finalist-lands-morning-radio-gig/

Provocative ‘Amazing Race’ finalist lands morning radio gig

San Antonio’s Vanessa Macias, who made waves recently as a finalist on CBS’ “Amazing Race,” doesn’t have the figure for that non-visual medium either.

The curvaceous Macias, nevertheless, just landed a morning gig at country station, KCYY-FM (Y100). She’s the new sidekick to more entrenched morning man Jeff Roper.

“I always preferred radio,” Macias, who caught national attention last spring on network TV with her brash behavior and what she called “a potty mouth” on “Race,” said. 

Listen for instances of such earthy talk from 5 to 10 a.m. weekdays at 100.3 on the FM dial. On Tuesday morning, for instance, she credited some “saccharin sweet” romantic statements from Blake Shelton and wife Miranda Lambert for “the vomit in my mouth.”

Her experience? The Incarnate Word High graduate started at KSYM during her San Antonio College years and worked mornings at a station in Austin for a brief time.  She was a featured reporter for a time on the early “Great Day SA” and had a travel show on the Fox affiliate here.

As the Y100 morning show is music-intensive, Macias doesn’t have much time to talk. It sounds like Roper leads the conversation and cracks more jokes. She did report the day’s entertainment headlines and added a few quips along the way, however.

She also said country singer Justin Lynch looked like Jud from Pet Sematary; in other words, Fred Gwynne, known to most as Herman Munster. Ouch. . .well, he kind of does.

Macias said she’ll still be working in PR for the San Antonio Talons when the season starts up again. And she’ll continue training with Jesse James Leija for Ringside SA, an upcoming charity event in the Freeman Coliseum that has local celebrity boxers duking it out in the ring while raising money for South Texas Hispanic Fund.

What qualifies Vanessa to be an early-rising country DJ? She’s grown up with those tunes in her native San Antonio.   

Besides, she’s used to being wide awake in the wee hours. “I have insomnia,” she said. “I sleep only about four hours a night.”

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #116 on: October 29, 2012, 03:07:49 PM »
Uh-OH....

Vanessa Macias -- part of the Dating Divorcees team on last season's "Amazing Race" -- was arrested in Texas early Friday morning for driving while intoxicated ... TMZ has learned.

32-year-old Macias -- who came in 4th place on "Race" -- was pulled over by the San Antonio Police Department around 2 AM on October 26. During the stop, officers claim they detected the presence of alcohol. 

Macias was arrested and hauled to a nearby station where she was booked for misdemeanor DWI -- and posed for an extremely wide-eyed mug shot.

Macias was released a few hours later after posting $1,000 bond.

A rep for Vanessa tells TMZ ... the former reality star feels extremely remorseful over the arrest.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/27/vanessa-macias-amazing-race-dwi-arrested/#ixzz2AijPH0iJ
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: October 30, 2012, 02:48:44 AM »
For all those who wanted to see the mugshot -

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: November 20, 2013, 05:24:18 AM »
LATEST NEWS

Vanessa has just got a new boyfriend. This time the guy is Tim Duncan. :groan:

Well I didn't know she was interested in NBA.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。