Author Topic: TAR 20: Vanessa Macias and Ralph Kelley *Dating Divorcees*  (Read 68926 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 20: Vanessa Macias and Ralph Kelley *Dating Divorcees*
« on: January 25, 2012, 09:49:17 AM »

Name: Vanessa Macias
Hometown: San Antonio, Texas
Connection to your teammate: Girlfriend
Current occupation: Freelance Writer 

Describe what you do: I do freelance TV commercials and shows.  I also write whatever people tell me to do.
How will these skills help you win The Race? I am an amazing communicator.  My years in TV and politics have made me great at dealing with difficult people.
Three words to describe you: Smart, impatient and super-awesome.
Favorite hobbies: Reading, eating and talking politics and religion with people.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Jessica Simpson, sadly.   
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Marky Mark,maybe?
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Having the guts to start my life over from scratch.
What scares you most about traveling? I have a weird fear of being abducted.  That and crazy natural disasters.
What excites you most about traveling? I like getting lost and finding street vendors.  I love hanging out with new people even if I can’t communicate with them verbally.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: We blame each other for everything.  Neither one of us likes to take responsibility for our mistakes and we can justify anything.  I want to address how we are sometimes mean to each other.
Pet peeve about your teammate: He can be a jerk sometimes.  Typically he’s very kind and patient, but sometimes he’s a grade “A” jerk.  And he ends his sentences with prepositions.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Rome! I’ve always wanted to see such an old city.  It ticks me off that I was born in such a young city…our buildings aren’t that cool.   
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I want to see the world with Ralph.  We’ve known each other for a long time, but not very well.  I know we rushed into this relationship, but I want to see how we work under horrible stress.

Name: Ralph Kelley
Hometown: San Antonio, Texas
Connection to your teammate: Boyfriend
Current occupation: Bar Owner

Describe what you do: I own and operate a bar outside of San Antonio.
How will these skills help you win The Race? I am physically fit and dealing with “not so sober” adults gives me considerable patience (or lack of patience) to deal with the sometimes jackass contestants and “partner.”
Three words to describe you: Clever, quick-witted and well-made (props to my mom!)
Favorite hobbies: Cooking, reading and exercising.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? The Rock
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Audrey Hepburn – she’s a timeless beauty and captivating personality.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Being a father to my daughter.
What scares you most about traveling? Not wanting to come back home.
What excites you most about traveling? Seeing new places, food and taking in other cultures.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: We truly think the same and share the same brain, but we never allow each other to finish talking without both needing to be “alpha” so I’d really like for her to understand she’s not.
Pet peeve about your teammate: The disaster that hurricane Vanessa leaves in her path – she’s really messy!
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Greece, for their history and culture.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I hope to test our relationship on different levels of stress and communication planes.  I want more than anything to become closer to my partner – and maybe “get lucky” in some off the wall locations.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1C1q6NG1hp8?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1C1q6NG1hp8?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 05:20:18 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
Re: Vanessa Macias and Ralph Kelley *Dating*
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 09:50:23 AM »
I like them! They're on my preseason Favs with Brenchel & Joey/Danny

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 20: Vanessa Macias and Ralph Kelley *Dating Divorcees*
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 11:11:50 AM »
Me too. Seems they're an alpha-couple.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 06:14:38 PM »
Very, very strong Nick/Vicki vibes from this two!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 09:36:25 PM »
I always though DIvorcee was a divorced WOMAN. Think CBS could rethink this label. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 09:39:00 PM »
I always though DIvorcee was a divorced WOMAN. Think CBS could rethink this label. :lol:

That's what I thought as well! :lol: :lol3:

Let's just hope they don't write 'Dating Divorcees' at the bottom of the screen during the actual season! :tup:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 06:49:51 AM »
Dictionary.com says:

divorcee
"divorced woman," 1813, from Fr. divorcée, from noun use of fem. pp. of divorcer (see divorce). The male equivalent is divorcé.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 01:31:33 PM »
"The race will be a great test for our relationship..."

:res: Is this the #80684590680456894586098 dating couple who don't watch the amazing race and see how couples who actually want to go on the race to test their r/s eventually broke up or became enemies?

Like seriously? :res: How many times do we need to hear this already.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 02:29:03 PM »
Prophet,

It depends on which dictionary you use. I found the same spellings as you AFTER this:

Divorcee, refers to a person whose marriage has ended in divorce, a legal dissolution of marriage before death by either spouse. The feminine form is "divorcée", and the masculine "divorcé"

Its clear and obvious in French where this word originated, but in English it is pretty muddy. In English my interpretation is that "divorcee" is valid for either gender.

Offline carlsbad_bolt_Fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 11:13:59 PM »
Another couple on TAR to see what it does to their relationship. FAIL. That never seems to work.

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 07:40:53 AM »
They make me think of Lori & Bolo...

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 07:49:05 AM »
Or Tara and Wil from AR2 or John Vito and Jill from AR11 (but not AR3 when they were still together).
Or Eric and Danielle, winners of AR11.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 07:07:05 PM »
or Chris & Anastasia from TAR AU 1

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 08:06:18 PM »
S.A. TV beauty, ex-beau on upcoming ‘Amazing Race’
Posted on 01/25/2012 by Jeanne Jakle

San Antonio TV personality Vanessa Macias and her ex-boyfriend, a former Boerne bar owner, joined together to try and win the million-dollar prize on “Amazing Race.”

You can watch Macias, former “Great Day SA” correspondent, who may be best known as the curvaceous spokeswoman in World Car ads, and Ralph Kelley, a personal trainer who owned Buckles Country Bar in Boerne, compete against 10 other teams on the Emmy winner’s 20th season premiere at 7 p.m. Feb. 19 on CBS.

The S.A. pair’s connection was that they’re both divorced and dated each other. (They were still dating during the show’s taping, but broke up right after.)

Macias was naturally tight-lipped about the season’s outcome, adding she couldn’t comment on her participation. However, friends tell me she’s wanted to do the show for 10 years and that she and Ralph had loads of fun.

It’s the second big reality show to draw from San Antonio for its current season.

Macias, who recently split from her more high-profile husband, former KENS sportscaster Bob Ballou, was known as “Daring Vanessa” on the first season of “Great Day SA” because of her leaps into daredevil-style stories for the KENS morning show. So, she’s had some practice for the grueling globe-sprinting challenges on “Race.”

She also hosted S.A. TV travel show, “Vamos!,” produced by Luis Munoz for Fox affiliate KABB in late 2009. For that stint, she also dove into adventure — scuba-diving and swimming with giant stingrays, for instance — at various resorts in Mexico.

This season of “Race” will make first time visits to Paraguay, Azerbaijan and other exotic locations.  Teams will travel through five continents, 22 cities and nearly 40,000 miles.

According to a CBS release, the racers will endure one of the most competitive courses ever, which includes skydiving in Argentina, training with the Masai warriors in Tanzania, racing through Africa’s “Garden of Eden,” putting taste buds to the test with one of Italy’s most popular cuisines and searching for King Ludwig’s quarters in the German castle that served as the inspiration for the one in “Sleeping Beauty.”

The teams, of course, are made up of twosomes that have had a prior relationship. This season’s pairs  also include two border patrol agents, twins, last year’s winner of “Big Brother,” Rachel Reilly, and her fiancé and fellow Houseguest, Brendon Villegas

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/jakle06/2012/01/s-a-tv-beauty-ex-beau-on-upcoming-amazing-race/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 11:40:03 PM »
She's giving me a Kardashian vibe. Not liking it.
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2012, 11:30:06 PM »
I hope she punch Rachel when she confronts her. That'll be a lovely moment. :lol:

But honestly speaking, this is a rather hard season to watch if the focus is again between team's animosity. *TAR 16 coughs*

addie

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2012, 07:43:22 AM »
This girl has balls :hearts:

Love it!

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2012, 02:05:19 AM »
I actually like them! She seems really entertaining and he seems down to earth, surprisingly.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2012, 02:44:51 AM »
I like them..
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2012, 08:31:19 AM »
Lori & Bolo 2.0?

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2012, 08:47:35 AM »
I hope she punch Rachel when she confronts her. That'll be a lovely moment. :lol:

But honestly speaking, this is a rather hard season to watch if the focus is again between team's animosity. *TAR 16 coughs*

Rachel has her "I win" face , so I think we know how that ended :lol:

and Jordeff & Caite are the only reasons I watched TAR16 Joab haha.

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 04:01:24 PM »

Rachel has her "I win" face , so I think we know how that ended :lol:

and Jordeff & Caite are the only reasons I watched TAR16 Joab haha.
Not the "I win" face! That face nearly made me punch my TV multiple times! :gaah: :lol:

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 01:56:40 AM »
Was casually stalking Vanessa on FB and she posted this pic:

and she wrote "Hey! Is Rachel in San Antonio tonight???  :lol3: Love her <3

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2012, 02:15:59 AM »
Wow. I am LOVING this team.  :hrt:

We haven't had such great quotes since Jaime (TAR14), Brook (TAR17) and Zev (TAR18)
Vanessa is definitely Quote Queen this season! She is absolutely hilarious!  :wohoo:

Vanessa seems very intelligent and so does Ralph. She is very entertaining and I like him as well because he doesn't say stupid things.  :yess:
They also seem to work really well together.  :tup:

Definitely rooting for them this season! Hope they make it far!  :conf:

AND I HOPE THEY U-TURN BIG BROTHER'S ASS!  :lol:

addie

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2012, 07:24:32 AM »
Exactly supah3ro

She is amazing! :hrt:
Favourites along with the country girls and the country boys :)