Author Topic: TAR 20: Kerri Paul and Stacy Bowers *Cousins*  (Read 18157 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 20: Kerri Paul and Stacy Bowers *Cousins*
« on: January 25, 2012, 09:30:12 AM »

Name: Kerri Paul
Hometown: Gulfport, Miss.
Connection to your teammate: Cousins
Current occupation: Program Coordinator

Describe what you do: I coordinate recreational programs and cultural events for the city of Gulfport. 
How will these skills help you win The Race? I am very skilled at the planning and execution of events, activities, etc. I pay very close attention to detail which will help at completing tasks with precision.   
Three words to describe you: Loquacious, resourceful and driven.
Favorite hobbies: Running on the beach, organizing (my home, social events, gatherings) and watching reality TV.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Beyonce – big hair and southern girl flair
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Angelina Jolie.  Stacy is a smoking hot mom! She is a dynamic individual, beautiful, adventurous and has a big heart.  You never know what her next move will be.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? I am a first generation college graduate.  I’m most proud that I was the first person in my family to graduate from college, and I was the first to obtain a masters degree as well.  It was a proud moment for me and my entire family.
What scares you most about traveling? The thought of the unknown scares me. In the U.S. everyone speaks the same language and has the same culture.  It’s frightening to imagine stepping off a plane where you can’t even ask people questions because they don’t speak English.
What excites you most about traveling? It’s exciting to get the opportunity to see places that you’re only able to see on TV or the internet! Growing up I’ve been fortunate to travel all over the U.S., but I’ve never had the opportunity to travel abroad. It will be exciting to experience different customs, foods and ways of life. It’s a chance of a lifetime!
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Stacy doesn’t assert herself enough.  I want her to give her ideas, thoughts, opinions and not hold back.  I can be very overpowering at times (“mouth of the south”), and I want her to speak up more and not have me do all the talking.
Pet peeve about your teammate: She’s fashionably late to everything.  My super procrastinator cousin always has everyone waiting or her to arrive.  Also, she tends to go off on a tangent with these long, drawn out stories/monologues. I find myself “listening” to be polite when I really want to cut her off and start talking myself.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Brazil/South America, because I think the culture is very exotic and colorful.  I would love to experience “Carnival” because it is the birthplace of Mardi Gras, which is a tradition that my family celebrates coming from South Mississippi (near New Orleans).
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? We have been separated in our adult lives due to Hurricane Katrina, college, marriage, etc.  We hope to use this time together to strengthen the bond that we once had as children.  Also, I want to take this time to travel, accomplish my goal of winning The Race and to do something adventurous before my husband and I settle down and start having children.

Name: Stacy Bowers
Hometown: Gulfport, Miss.
Connection to your teammate: Cousins
Current occupation: Self Employed/“Basketball” Wife

Describe what you do: I spend most of my time working on various projects. My husband and I are currently working on a Youth Basketball Camp to be held this upcoming summer. I also spend a lot of time traveling back and forth between the U.S. and Italy, where my husband plays professional basketball for “Umana Venezia” in Venice. 
How will these skills help you win The Race? I can multitask easily.  I have developed a lot of skills and resourcefulness throughout the years.
Three words to describe you: Analytical, witty and tenacious.
Favorite hobbies: Spending time/playing with my children, cooking and gaming (Sudoku, Monopoly, Scrabble, Taboo). I’m also very much into politics. My friends often look to me to explain the latest "possip" (political-gossip) and hot political topics. 
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Jennifer Lopez, because she goes from sweet to heat in 0.2 seconds.
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Kerri is a mix between Beyonce and Tamar Braxton. She is absolutely beautiful, adventurous and intelligent. She's also very talkative. I never know what "craziness" will come out of her mouth!
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Other than being a great mommy, I am proud that I was able to complete my MBA with a 4.0 GPA.
What scares you most about traveling? Traveling is not really scary to me, however, the thought of being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no means of communication is a bit scary.
What excites you most about traveling? I am excited to see and experience new cultures.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Kerri has a big mouth and often talks over me.  She also always automatically assumes that her opinion is the only one that counts -- or that my opinion isn’t important.
Pet peeve about your teammate: Not only does Kerri speak often but she also speaks very loudly sometimes.  She just wants to be the only voice heard throughout the planet.  She is 100% drama queen. 
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I would love to visit Spain – especially Barcelona, mainly because it’s a very beautiful country, rich in culture and history.  Plus, I’ve always wanted to try authentic Spanish food.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I hope to prove to both of my children, but especially my 11 year old son, that anything is truly possible with hard work and determination. He had speech challenges early on, and would easily get discouraged and very frustrated with his situation. I want him to see me work through challenges with steadfast determination. I hope that in seeing me compete, it will encourage them to dream big and show them that there are no limits to accomplishing one's ambitions. I want them to think to themselves, "If Mommy can compete for the sky, then we can reach the moon!"

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WD0a_g1ESkw?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WD0a_g1ESkw?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 01:05:56 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: Kerri Paul and Stacy Bowers *Cousins*
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 09:32:55 AM »
I could like this team

They seem like they will have a great entertainment factor :lol: They are a really physically and mentally strong F/F team, final 3 material.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 09:39:47 AM »
:hrt: They look entertaining. I hope they will make it far.

And Cousins rule!!! Finally... :yess:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 09:47:48 AM »
And Cousins rule!!! Finally... :yess:

I think Charla & Mirna are the only Cousins we have ever had, so I am also really excited about this team! :hearts:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 20: Kerri Paul and Stacy Bowers *Cousins*
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 11:49:06 AM »
They seem like a lot of fun. :hrt:

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 11:08:54 PM »
I think they'll be the first boot.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 12:43:19 AM by Дussie Бabushka »

Offline Hopeaboveall

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 07:24:22 PM »
These two are already annoying .... Pretty sure they won't last long on this race.

Offline carlsbad_bolt_Fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 11:22:08 PM »
"Divas", this team ain't. I can see them in the top 5. Just hope their atitudes, however perceived they may be, don't make them any enemies and put a target on themselves.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 08:15:58 AM »
Cousins love! <3

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 07:11:57 PM »
I have a u turn vibe from them.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2012, 11:30:42 PM »
Stacey <3

GO MOM! You did great for leg 1!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2012, 11:31:25 PM »

:stare Noooooo! :hearts:

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2012, 11:34:59 PM »

:stare Noooooo! :hearts:

See how crap I am at picking favourites/predicting?  :-[  :lol:

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2012, 11:39:09 PM »
They are so adorable to watch. Kinda like Brooke & Claire.
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 07:39:38 AM »
I love these two, and especially Stacy, but I don't have positive vibes... :duno:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 07:42:24 AM »
I love these two, and especially Stacy, but I don't have positive vibes... :duno:

May the girl goddess of Kami and Karli, Linda and Karen and a list of all-female teams who surprisingly made it far into the race... Bless these two girls. :hearts:

addie

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2012, 07:44:09 AM »
Loving them so far!  :hoot:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2012, 07:56:39 AM »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2012, 07:59:27 AM »
I'm liking them a lot - especially Stacy - but not on the same level as heaps of other past F/F teams, although that may change if these two can make it far! :tup:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2012, 08:52:00 PM »
They put on to the fight mode against Nary and Jamie,and they did so well!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2012, 01:23:53 AM »
First leg they beat all the teams on their flight.

Second leg they beat Nary and Jaime on their bus.

This team gives me surprises EVERY SINGLE TIME. :<3

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2012, 03:39:40 AM »
<3333333333

Definitely.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2012, 08:12:25 AM »
I really, really like Stacy a LOT, but Kerri seems a little boring. We've had Stacy talk about her kids and everything, while we haven't really heard too much about Kerri, so I hope that we will get some more screentime for her soon, and maybe I will like them even more! :tup:

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2012, 05:57:02 PM »
I want to like them, but they lack energy and personality. I thought they're gonna be like Brooke & Claire. It's weird they get decent air time, but they still haven't registered to me.
They are very beautiful though.
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2012, 12:41:26 AM »
Nobody's going to remember they did well on a few legs. Everybody's going to remember how they can't navigate and get eliminated. Awww!