Author Topic: TAR 20: Elliott Weber and Andrew Weber *Twins*  (Read 18710 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 20: Elliott Weber and Andrew Weber *Twins*
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2012, 07:17:49 AM »
Based on their edit, my spec is that we won't see much more of them. That's a great point Joab.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2012, 02:22:08 PM »
Sharing the clue with Joey and Danny to beat the clowns. Is just massive stupidity.

Hello, you can beat the clowns any day... but Joey and Danny?

:res: Dropped down the dislike list in terms of rationale of not improving their chances of survival on the race, and also not helping the clown and instead of helping that lousy team who claimed to be "fit" but got a 10th and 8th for 2 legs consecutively.

I thought Phil said, the racers did not shared clue with anybody coz they were all hungry to win. I'm so disappointed by the twins, guidos, rachel and JJ.
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2012, 11:30:46 PM »
In any event, Andrew has been signed as a goalkeeper with the Seattle Sounders of the MLS league. This is his fifth year in the Major League Soccer league, the top level league in the U.S. http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sounders/2017651835_sounders03.html
-- theschnauzers

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2012, 06:04:11 AM »
They've got to be the most under-edited team ever. Has any other team ever been given less screen time?

Bring on the 21!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2012, 06:56:03 AM »
They've got to be the most under-edited team ever. Has any other team ever been given less screen time?

Anthony & Stephanie - Season 13

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2012, 07:19:55 AM »

And Jeremy & Sandy, especially considering how far they went! :lol: :lol3:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2012, 11:13:40 AM »

And Jeremy & Sandy, especially considering how far they went! :lol: :lol3:

I agree. I have never really seen their personality or knew anything about them. And they're 2nd lol  :lol:
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2012, 04:05:23 PM »
Amazing Race's Elliot and Andrew: We Knew We're Better Than That
Mar 5, 2012 02:23 PM ET
by Joyce Eng

If Elliot and Andrew Weber had a redo, they would tackle The Amazing Race's Paraguay leg completely differently. After toiling at the harp-stringing Detour for hours, the twins wound up slightly ahead of Vanessa and Ralph — who slaved away themselves at the watermelon-stacking option — at the Roadblock. But the bottle-balancing task proved too difficult for Elliot, the front man of the music group Enova, to handle. "I probably have better balance than he does, especially with things on my head," Andrew, a goalkeeper for MLS' Seattle Sounders, tells TVGuide.com. "Should I have done it? Maybe, but at the time, neither of us knew [from the clue] what the task was." Find out why Elliot took the Roadblock, why they had such a hard time with the harp and more.

How close was it between you and Vanessa and Ralph?
Eliot: It was pretty close. They left about seven minutes before us and we ran so fast that we caught up at least four minutes. It ended up being really tight at the end. Probably two minutes after they finished we showed up at the mat.

What went wrong with the harp?
Elliot: [Laughs] Well, what we should've done was work from the bottom up. It was crazy because our harp, and I think Nary and Jamie's harp, had an extra hole at the end of it. So when we were about to finish, all of a sudden we noticed, "Wait a minute, there's an extra hole." So we were off by one string in the middle. We had to undo a lot of strings and go back at it again. It was just so frustrating watching everybody leave too. We got there first, I think, and even leaving that whole city, it was like the haunting harp.
Andrew: Yeah, we're haunted by harps. Everywhere you go, there was a harp! There were harps in gift shops — harps everywhere. We were just dying. We were gonna buy our mom a harp.

Were you overconfident since you've strung guitars?
Eliot: I don't think I was overconfident. Stringing guitars is different. It's not so condensed a space. The space in the harp you have to go through to string is so tiny and we have huge fingers.
Andrew: There's a little tool you use to pull the string through, and he and I were going back and forth with it. I just think there could've been a better way we went about doing it. And then there were a couple little pieces in the middle of harp, where I had to chip away at it so I could get the string through the hole because it was blocked off by the wood. It was pretty frustrating. We showed up and nobody was there, and there was already a group that was on a plane a few hours ahead of us. The fact that we showed up and watched everyone on that plane come into the room, we were like, "Oh, man, we're in great position!" Then everyone leaves before us!

Why did you choose the harp?
Andrew: I just thought it seemed easier. And Elliot's strung guitars before. It's not like it's gonna be too much different. ... The thing was, it wasn't really that hard. It was just small spaces and we have big hands, so it was one of those things where we probably should've slowed down. Sometimes less is more and you need to work efficiently.

Do you regret choosing it, even though the watermelons seemed way harder?
Elliot: A little. We can't say we would've done better there, but we're so physical and on our way to the harp, I was just looking at Andrew like, "Are you sure you wanna do the detail-oriented one, man?" Not like the watermelon one isn't, but it's more of a physical activity. To be honest if we could go back and do it again, I think we would've done the watermelons.

When did you decide you wanted to switch?
Elliot: It was like, "We're so over this harp, man. Let's just go do the more physical activity with the watermelon." But then it was like, "You know what? We started something and we need to finish it." That's our motto. I think a lot of people think that way. You don't want to be the person who set out to do a task and didn't finish it because I let my feelings get in the way.
Andrew: And it would've taken so much more time to do the watermelon. We talked to some other teams and they said the watermelon took them three hours to do. The harp, if you did it correctly, took, like, 40 minutes. When we walked outside and saw the traffic, we were like, "Nope! We're going back inside. We're gonna finish this."

So you couldn't find a cab? Would you have gone to the watermelons if you had found a cab quickly?
Andrew: I think we wanted to switch in the moment, but we just looked at each other and decided to just go back and finish it. When we got back in there, we actually calmed down and got it done. I think that was the best task we had done so far. It was good for me to know that. We thought we were dead last and when [Vanessa and Ralph] pulled up at the Roadblock a little after we did, we were like, "Oh, man! We're not the only ones still here!" That got us a little pumped up, but unfortunately they finished first.

Did you waste a lot of time thinking about whether or not to switch?
Elliot: No. I feel like everything wastes time, but maybe if we didn't step out of the auditorium, we could've been five or 10 more minutes ahead. Maybe that would've made a difference in beating Vanessa and Ralph if everything else happened the same way as it did up to the Roadblock. But I think stepping away for a second allowed us to come back and focus on getting it done. If we hadn't stepped out, who knows? We may still be there. I think we lost at most 10 minutes. It's significant in the Race, but it's not too much. It's not like 30 minutes or an hour.

It was pitch-black outside by the time you finished. How long did it take you?
Andrew: [Laughs] Yup! I'm guessing three hours! That's just a guess, but it was just frustrating. When you have the whole thing strung and one that's left at the end, it's like, "What did we do wrong?!" It's not like we missed a string at the top or the bottom. We missed something in the middle, so we had to go back and restring the whole thing. And the strings get re-tangled too, so you're fighting to get them through again. It's like trying to make a shoelace go straight.
Elliot: We should've started from the bottom up. You work on one side and me on the other. [Laughs] We were there for a while. It was disheartening, but we finished it and we are proud of that.

Amazing Race's Phil Keoghan on premiere's crazy finish: It was the most bizarre Pit Stop ever

I think a lot of fans are thinking you, Andrew, should've taken the Roadblock since you're a soccer player.
Andrew: Yeah, well, Elliot was like, "Let me take this one, man." I was like, "All right, buddy, you got it!" I probably have better balance, but who knows what would've happened? As you saw, people were doing it with bottles that were completely full and [Dave] didn't even get it done. It was hard. I think I started screaming out at Elliot and you're not supposed to help the person, so [producers] were screaming back at me. It didn't matter. He did his best. I don't blame him at all for our elimination. You can't say that I would've done better; I wasn't in that situation. Is my balance better? I think we can agree it's probably a little bit better. Right, Elliot?
Elliot: Yeah. I mean, I have a mop-top and Andrew has a shaved head and balance. He works on that stuff all the time, especially as a goalkeeper. If I could go back and change it, I would've been like, "OK, man, you take this one. You do this kind of stuff day in and day out." It was tough seeing Ralph finish. We got there [before they did] and just like the Detour, the team after us passed us. It was minutes. But you know, [the decision] was made in the moment.

You would've redone a lot of things this leg.
Andrew: [Laughs] Yeah. Let's [redo] the whole leg! It was heartbreaking, but it was fun. The whole experience was fun. It sort of sucks because we knew we're better than that. It came down to the little details. It was hard, but we had a great time.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-Race-Elliot-Andrew-1044482.aspx
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2012, 12:58:23 AM »
The Amazing Race 20: Exclusive Interview with Elliot and Andrew Weber
Posted on 03/05/2012 by Gina in The Amazing Race and Cast Interviews

by Gina Scarpa

It was hard not to have high hopes for twin brothers Elliot and Andrew Weber this season on The Amazing Race. They were outdoorsy, athletic, and seemed to bring a lot to the table but a difficult Detour this week sent them to the bottom of the pack. They battled Vanessa and Ralph to stay in the race but couldn't make it to the mat before them. Today, we talked to Elliot and Andrew in an exclusive interview about their race experience, their strengths, and what they wish they had done differently.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Were you all for going on The Amazing Race or was there any hesitation on either of your parts?
A. Elliot: When we decided to do the race, it was more of me reaching out to my brother and asking if he wanted to do but it was more of a collective decision. It wasn't even a question of whether or not we wanted to do it. Out of all the reality shows, this one is by far the most genuine.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Are you guys very outdoorsy, adventurous people and did that help prepare you for the race?
A. Andrew: I mean, I'm pretty outdoorsy. I'm outside, every day, training. I like to get out and both Elliot and I like to snowboard. For the most part, we're pretty outdoorsy people. In regards to training for something like this, I don't think there's anything specifically you can do to train for this. You gotta pick it up quickly.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: What made the other such a great team member to run the race with?
A. Andrew: I think Elliot's biggest strength is... he's not usually a patient guy and he was pretty calm the whole time. I think that's something he thinks he got better at along the way. He stayed more calm in situations where I was a little bit more frantic. I think he just brought a little bit of that to our team, especially when I lost my cool a little bit and threw my bag.
A. Elliot: Andrew just brought leadership when needed. I think that when it came to having a leader and stepping up, he'd step up.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: How much does the travel take a toll on you, mentally and physically?
A. Elliot: There are some long plane flights. You don't get much sleep because it's very hard to sleep in a plane. It's a pretty grueling process. That whole aspect definitely has a wear and tear on the body.
A. Andrew: I got sick on the way to Buenos Aires. I didn't sleep until that bus ride, until that whole 19 hour bus ride.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: What teams did you guys work and team up with?
A. Andrew: We sort of ended up teaming up with the guys from Jersey a bit and talking to them. We worked together to get through the last task in Buenos Aires, counting the cows and coming up with the average weight, to pass the clowns. I think from there, we sort of decided, "Hey, let's try to help each other out when we can!"

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: This leg just looked extremely difficult and it didn't seem like either task for the Detour was the better choice.
A. Elliot: I feel like both those tasks were just... there's not that much you can control. The watermelon one was more of a physical activity while the harp one was not as easy as you'd think it would be. It might sound easy on paper, but we didn't think it would be that hard.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: It was definitely a tough elimination for the two of you. How did you handle it?
A. Andrew: We definitely thought we were out. Just sitting there doing the harp for so long... being the first ones in and seeing the other teams leave, it was like, "Wow..."
A. Elliot: I think we were just disappointed in ourselves. There are things that you learn along the way and it's very eye opening. Andrew and I don't get to hang out much. Being such strong competitors and getting knocked out so early was so hard to deal with. We couldn't get a break. Sometimes, that one break can excel you to keep going. Our communication and stuff... it was disheartening, because we know we're better than that.

http://www.realitywanted.com/newsitem/5162-the-amazing-race-20-exclusive-interview-with-elliot-and-andrew-weber
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2012, 11:18:59 PM »
Elliot's group ENOVA has two singles now on Itunes...

You can find them here for downloading and leaving feedback!

http://itunes.apple.com/album/one-more-time-single/id512112075?v0=9988&ign-mpt=uo%3D1
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2012, 04:27:50 AM »
recently seen the whole behind-the-scenes "cousins vs. twin" thing. I'm stunned, even the editors didn't want them to do anything on the show.
Bring on the 21!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2012, 01:57:50 PM »
Kevin,

The editors can only edit what's there to begin with. I have to believe that neither Andrew and Elliott nor Stacy and Kerry had sufficiently interesting stories to warrant more air time than the teams that were consistently more interesting and got that air time.

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2012, 12:47:05 AM »
Kevin,

The editors can only edit what's there to begin with. I have to believe that neither Andrew and Elliott nor Stacy and Kerry had sufficiently interesting stories to warrant more air time than the teams that were consistently more interesting and got that air time.

Exactly!

(don't think stacy and kerry are not interesting, they were pretty good)
Bring on the 21!