Author Topic: TAR 20: Brendon Villegas and Rachel Reilly *Engaged*  (Read 99930 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 20: Brendon Villegas and Rachel Reilly *Engaged*
« Reply #200 on: May 06, 2012, 04:25:32 PM »
...sigh...

You just don't get it, do you?  Until you can wrap your head around the fact that THERE IS NO HATE FOR RACHEL, that some of us merely find her childish and irritating, then there is no possibility of having a rational discussion with you.

And please note that it is you who insists on giving derogatory labels to certain teams and people - demonstrating the very "hate" for them that you find so distasteful when you imagine it directed at Rachel.   

:tup:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #201 on: May 06, 2012, 04:51:04 PM »

How on earth do you figure that?

Very simple.  The focus is already on Rachel, people know her and are interested (like or dislike).  Vanessa however is completely unknown, so a way to get camera time is obviously to try and antagonize Rachel and get a reaction.  Even on Facebook after the show Vanessa is still doing the same things.  Very few people on the race itself who saw things first hand even support Vanessa, the only people who do seem to be are those on the outside who think she is 'hot' (though I think she is overrated there anyway) or just like her as she dislikes Rachel.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #202 on: May 06, 2012, 05:02:07 PM »
So I'm right if Rachel wins TAR she would be the first person to win two popular reality shows in the same season and in this. Case even though she's teammates with Brendon you would have to say that Rachel has once again been the dominating of the 2 on the tasks.Even though Brendon has ran marathons and was a swim coach Rachel has been the star of the star of Tar20 along with Mark and Bopper no matter if they win or not.Granted the Boring Rachel and her annoying husband won the majority of the 1st place legs and even if they lose because of a mistake if that's what happens Rachel has done great on the race also without having won a 1st place leg along with Brendon.The haters of theirs will always hate them and not give them their props or Rachel even if it was brenchel who had won all those legs.No matter what place they finish or if they win realty and tv. Watchers need to finally give brenchel/Rachel her due in being a great competeor and realty star.
Wow, the star of the star of Tar20(??)... She probably would not have gotten past Episode 2 if it wasn't for Mark giving her the answer at the RB.  In addition, Brendon was also forever having to calm and comfort her and talk her through her breakdowns.  You must have been a superfan of Flo as well, she contributed just as much (air time).

While Rachel is a strong, motivated person, as well as a strong competitor, her personality is so overbearing and 'in your face!' that it turns many people off.  "We're not here to make friends.... NObody come between me and MY million dollars!"  She is a poor winner in so many ways and is an even poorer loser.  I'd bet you'd have seen a lot more of the BB 'YAY... <sob>... YAY... <sob>' if they actually had 24/7 coverage of her the entire race.

BOLD x 1000000

Offline BlooperGuy

• RFF Full Member
  • SKRILLEX.....VS.....MOZART!!!!
« Reply #203 on: May 06, 2012, 06:26:11 PM »
Bluesky stop your trolling & Brenchel jealousy.

Offline Bluesky

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #204 on: May 06, 2012, 06:34:24 PM »

How on earth do you figure that?

Very simple.  The focus is already on Rachel, people know her and are interested (like or dislike).  Vanessa however is completely unknown, so a way to get camera time is obviously to try and antagonize Rachel and get a reaction.  Even on Facebook after the show Vanessa is still doing the same things.  Very few people on the race itself who saw things first hand even support Vanessa, the only people who do seem to be are those on the outside who think she is 'hot' (though I think she is overrated there anyway) or just like her as she dislikes Rachel.

Your explanation makes a lot of sense; I see where you're coming from now. Thanks.

Offline BlooperGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #205 on: May 06, 2012, 06:40:46 PM »
Finally someone who says Vanessa's looks are Overated.  :conf:

Offline Bluesky

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #206 on: May 06, 2012, 06:47:14 PM »
Bluesky stop your trolling & Brenchel jealousy.

jeal·ous·y

1. jealous resentment against a rival, or against another's success or advantage.

I assure you that neither one is a rival of mine, nor do I have any resentment against their potential success in the next couple of hours.

I simply would prefer not to see petty squabbles and childish behavior on a show that at its best, shows us the awesome beauty and majesty of the world we live in, and the depths of strength, ingenuity and compassion that ordinary people will bring forth under pressure.

The ridiculous drama, and false crying and meltdowns, detract from the power and vigor of The Amazing Race. You can go find that crap anywhere.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #207 on: May 06, 2012, 06:48:05 PM »
Brenchel will win TAR . Done.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline BlooperGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #208 on: May 06, 2012, 06:55:06 PM »

Offline BlooperGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #209 on: May 06, 2012, 06:56:00 PM »
Gee, I'm quoting a lot. I'm getting pretty lazy.  :lol:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #210 on: May 06, 2012, 07:38:07 PM »
Please, win for me! :D

Hope this brings them good luck for the rest of the finale.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #211 on: May 06, 2012, 09:03:55 PM »
:lol:

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR/Surv/BB/?? junkie ;)
« Reply #212 on: May 06, 2012, 09:09:35 PM »
Brenchel will win TAR . Done.
OOPS, lol

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #213 on: May 06, 2012, 09:12:01 PM »
RACHEL is still amazing and is an amazing competitor <333 They made up time surprisingly fast!

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #214 on: May 06, 2012, 09:17:41 PM »
3rd place , wtf?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #215 on: May 06, 2012, 09:22:38 PM »
Not the outcome I was hoping for but still, Congratulations Brendon & Rachel!!!  It would've been nice to see them win one leg this season (especially Leg 12) but at least they made it through til the end!!!  :hearts:  Brendon & Rachel <3

Offline Bluesky

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #216 on: May 06, 2012, 09:53:46 PM »
RACHEL is still amazing and is an amazing competitor <333 They made up time surprisingly fast!

To be fair, there are certainly a ton of people out there who would never in their wildest dreams have been able to go up and down that building. And she certainly kept going when she was obviously exhausted. She she does deserve a lot of credit.

I hope next season you find a team that captures you enthusiasm just as much.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #217 on: May 06, 2012, 10:05:31 PM »
*Needs moar Miss Alki* ^_____________^

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #218 on: May 07, 2012, 02:42:26 AM »
Never seen Big Brother, and after watching Brenchel on TAR, I have gained a newfound respect for them.  :hrt:

Offline TARismyfavoriteshow

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You can call me Sam
« Reply #219 on: May 07, 2012, 06:17:57 AM »
Brenchel will win TAR bring up the rear as usual. Done.
Fixed!
Honestly, how their final placement surprises anyone is beyond me.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #220 on: May 07, 2012, 06:33:12 AM »
Rachel got an awful edit and Brendon a very good one.  They only ever seemed to show Rachel's reaction to Brendon and not what caused it.  So missing the coach we never saw what actually led up to it.  So annoying that the edit has been so biased through the whole season, I wish the producers didn't just cater to those who want to hate Rachel.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #221 on: May 07, 2012, 06:36:39 AM »
Brenchel will win TAR bring up the rear as usual. Done.
Fixed!
Honestly, how their final placement surprises anyone is beyond me.

Exactly, if you used logic there was no way to expect them to win. They had never even had a chance to win any leg. They proved that they could rarely compete with the top teams on individual tasks or transport.

The other two teams were superior in skill so the finishing order makes perfect sense.

Offline Bluesky

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #222 on: May 07, 2012, 10:57:58 AM »
Rachel got an awful edit and Brendon a very good one.  They only ever seemed to show Rachel's reaction to Brendon and not what caused it.  So missing the coach we never saw what actually led up to it.  So annoying that the edit has been so biased through the whole season, I wish the producers didn't just cater to those who want to hate Rachel.
p

Let's try this one more time....  no one hates Rachel. All that anyone has ever done is express that they find certain of her actions and reactions while on camera to be less than ideal. THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS DISLIKING THE PERSON. It is only disliking a very, very tiny number of things that person did, out of the thousands of things they did in any given day.

It grows very wearisome that whenever any of us so much as suggests that Rachel might have made a better choice, the Rachel defenders leap up and accuse us of hatred. This is total hogwash.

But certainly the producers pick and choose what to show about all the teams so as to elicit maximum viewer interest.

I am sure that Rachel and every other person that competed this season is a perfectly wonderful upstanding citizen.

Offline kungfuwomn

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #223 on: May 07, 2012, 11:30:35 AM »
The important thing is without Brenchel or Rachel and Team Ky the show would have gone down as one of the worst seasons ever with the bully patrol cops who bullied teams including off the race see boppers interview about how they held that money they gave them over them when they thougth bopper still in race and when they found out he wasnt. Also people dont like to see two teams win all the legs especially one team that will go down as one of the most hated teams on the race bully patrol and one team that maybe the most winningist but the most bland and boring team to win the race after Megan and shayne.Uchenia and Joyce are the example couple of a winning team and they will be rememberd in 5 years over Rachel and Dave ( i predict their marriage wont even last 5 years).So no matter that Brenchel finished first they were one of most competetive to team to ever run the race and Phil says that too.If their is an unfinished business show again you know Team Ky and Brenchel will be on it and this time no teams with extensive training aka military and police training i still think that was why both teams won all those tasks.If not for them I think Brenchel and Team KY could easily have been the top two teams of the season.Even though all the Brenchel haters are out in droves once again a reality show that Rachel didnt win like bb12 she still came out a star like she and Team KY did in TAR20 over the winners.

Offline Bluesky

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #224 on: May 07, 2012, 11:41:52 AM »
and this time no teams with extensive training aka military and police training i still think that was why both teams won all those tasks.If not for them I think Brenchel and Team KY could easily have been the top two teams of the season.

Actually, in any competition, if you remove the first and second place team, the third place team is then likely to become the winner.

Thank you Captain Obvious.