Author Topic: TAR 20: Brendon Villegas and Rachel Reilly *Engaged*  (Read 99931 times)

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
Re: TAR 20: Brendon Villegas and Rachel Reilly *Engaged*
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2012, 01:59:07 PM »
:res: :res: :res: :res: :res: :res: :res:

Haters gonna hate! Floaters grab a lifevest! :lol3:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2012, 06:50:26 AM »
The Rachel episode 2 meltdown gave me flashbacks of Flo! :lol: They definitely are slowly but surely moving up my favourites list! :tup:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

addie

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2012, 07:23:21 AM »
Not my type. Vanessa is way better :colors

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2012, 10:38:01 AM »
Just had the chance to catch up after 2 epi's, loving it sofar: Great locations and fun challenges.  :tup:

I don't know these two because I don't watch BB.
I gather a lot of people are have different opinions about them.  :lol:

Just would like to know if Rachel is putting herself down like that all the time? :(
I don't really like it when people do that. I guess she feels very insecure about herself.  :duno:

I think that could become a little tiresome after a while if they have this pattern?
Personally I am not a big fan of dramaqueen type contestants (provided she is one that is), but I guess we need a mix for the different strokes for different folks-aspect.  :lol:
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2012, 08:57:23 PM »
http://www.theinsider.com/tv/50005_Amazing_Race_Rachel_and_Brendan_Interview/

Brenchel Talks 'Amazing Race'

By Jarett Wieselman

February 26, 2012

Thanks to a pair of Big Brother seasons, CBS knew what a reality TV goldmine it had in Rachel Reilly and her fiance, Brendon Villegas. Hot tempered, out-spoken and, lets face it, fierce competitors, tapping the twosome to run The Amazing Race was (despite what some of their haters might say) an inspired choice. I caught up with the pair to talk about the differences between BB and TAR, how they worked as a team and what reality show you might catch them on next!

Insider.com: How did the opportunity to run The Amazing Race come about?
Rachel Reilly: Brendon and I had always wanted to do it and CBS approached us right after we won Big Brother. We were so excited that we had just won, and when we got the offer to do The Amazing Race, it was insane. We knew we had to take the opportunity and do amazing on the show. It's a show that Brendon and I thought we would excel at; it gave us the opportunity to travel around the world, and to compete for a million dollars, so it was something that I was super excited about.

Insider: You basically played Big Brother as a team both times -- do you feel like that helped you here?
Rachel: I definitely think that we played Big Brother as a team. Even with something as simple as Brendon using the Power of Veto on me, we always tried to play together and I think that in the race, we definitely played as a team, which helped us with knowing how we would work together.
Brendon Villegas: I think not even just the team scenario and working together in Big Brother helped us, but the stressful situations helped as well. In Big Brother you're always stressed out, and that translates over to the Race where you're constantly stressed out. You need to be able to work under pressure, to get through it, keep your head down, and barrel through the competition.

Insider: Your BB seasons were interesting because in one, it felt like Brendon was keeping Rachel together and in the other, it felt like Rachel was the one keeping the team together. In the Race, did it feel like one of you was taking that role more often?
Brendon: Rachel and I are very intense people. There are good and bad things to being an emotional person: we're passionate and passionate about each other. We get very intense as well, so we have our moments, but like I said, it was very much a learning experience for us because it was so different from Big Brother. Big Brother is a mental and physical game, but I feel like the Race is a little more physical -- there are mental aspects, but those come and go. In Big Brother you can't ever get away from the game, you don't get down time, that's the difference with the race.

Insider: Even with all that experience, was running the race was harder than you expected?
Rachel: It was way harder than I thought it would be. It's so different because in Big Brother you're secluded 100 percent -- you're cut off from everything and you're just living in a house. In the Race, you are in the middle of a crowd of people at all times, you're making travel plans, running around in crowded streets and you're actually racing around the world. It's so different than what you see on television -- you're always tired, it's what you would expect the race to be and then some.
Brendon: For me, I always think that it's kind of like comparing a sprint to an endurance race. In Big Brother, we compete as hard as we can for ten minutes and then you're done. In The Amazing Race, once you get off that plane you keep going and going until you hit that mat and you're done. That's a different experience because it's a different kind of stress. It's almost like being tied, like a bungee cord, to your partner for the entire time. You have to do everything together, and that's a challenge too.

Insider: And what about the hosts? How does Phil Keoghan compare to Julie Chen?
Rachel: [laughs] You don't ever want to go see Julie, but with Phil you always want to race to be the first person to see him.
Brendon: Julie's hair always looks so much better! [laughs]

Insider: Rachel, in your opening clip package from the season premiere, you modify your catchphrase, so I have to ask: what does someone have a better chance of doing -- getting in between you and your man, or getting between you and your million?
Rachel: [laughs]
Brendon: Well after that ring I just got her…
Rachel: Brendon got me a beautiful ring for Valentine's Day. He got me an antique ring with a ruby in the center and diamonds, so I have say no one comes in between me and my man!

Insider: You guys have now tackled Big Brother twice and run The Amazing Race – are there any other reality shows out there that you would like to be on?
Rachel: [laughs] Brendon's said that he has hung up his reality television hat. But for me, I don't know. I just started taking improv classes at Second City, so we'll see, I don't really have any plans right now, but we'll see whatever comes my way.
Brendon: I do enjoy watching Wipeout! [laughs]
Rachel: I feel like Brendon would do well on Survivor – now you go win us a million dollars!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2012, 01:23:03 AM »
PLEASE WIN LEG 3!! :lol:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2012, 06:13:30 AM »

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEEEEEASE WIN LEG 3 FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2012, 12:56:48 PM »

No. I also don't get why people hate them :/

laimis

« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2012, 12:58:38 PM »

No. I also don't get why people hate them :/

I don't hate them O_O
I think in the fighting between Vanessa & Ralph and Brendon & Rachel, I will support Brenchel more

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2012, 07:11:22 AM »
I'm neutral about Brendon and Rachel and the latter's crying is a little annoying but damn... Rachel's performance this leg was pretty incredible.

Anyone else agrees? :yess:
Bring on the 21!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2012, 07:15:16 AM »
Yeah, they did surprisingly well on this leg! Since Rachel's head wobbles so much when she talks, I thought she would have loads of problems balancing a bottle!! :lol3: :lol3:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2012, 03:30:49 PM »
I agree. She was pretty useless in the watermelon stacking, but when they switched to the harp stringing she was excellent. Then in the bottle dance she was exceptional. All around, an excellent performance totally unworthy of the whining and crying she did at the end.

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2012, 03:49:40 PM »
I commend Brendon. Living with Rachel must be really tough. He haso to like baby sit her most of the times. The guy has a long patience.
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2012, 10:11:24 AM »
How convenient for them is it that she waits until the pit stop or another moment when nothing is happening to start breaking down? She faking everything, and the sooner these attention seekers are off the screen the better.

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2012, 10:45:05 PM »
Rachel, such a star this season  :conf: lol
I'm so excited to see more Rachel-Vanessa cat fight and hopefully them pulling each other's weaves!
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2012, 09:50:08 PM »
Rachel does Stand-Up Comedy??

Rachel Reilly's Raging Artists Comedy Show

Flappers Comedy Club Burbank
102 East Magnolia, Burbank, CA 91502 
March 11th, 2012 at 7:00PM
TICKET PRICE: $15.00

http://ragingartists.com/2012/03/rachel-reilly-comedy/

Producer: Having won more competitions than any other contestant on CBS’ “Big Brother” and currently kicking ass with fiance Brendon Villegas on “The Amazing Race,” Rachel Reilly is primed for the most daunting challenge imaginable: stand-up comedy. With boundless energy, a laugh that has its own fansite, and a warm embrace of drama, Rachel recently joined Second City where her love of comedy takes center stage. She’s got a B.S. in Chemistry and takes no B.S. from anyone. The Raging Artists Comedy Show marks her formal comedy debut, and this effervescent beauty fits right in.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2012, 09:54:37 PM »
I think she would be a great stand-up comedian! :hoot:

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2012, 10:18:40 PM »
Rachel-The Amazing Race-is-supposed-to-be-fun-and-good!!! :hrt: :hrt: :hrt:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2012, 01:26:54 AM »
intense moment at dusk in Torino....
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2012, 01:30:32 AM »
Rachel does Stand-Up Comedy??

Rachel Reilly's Raging Artists Comedy Show

Flappers Comedy Club Burbank
102 East Magnolia, Burbank, CA 91502 
March 11th, 2012 at 7:00PM
TICKET PRICE: $15.00

http://ragingartists.com/2012/03/rachel-reilly-comedy/

Producer: Having won more competitions than any other contestant on CBS’ “Big Brother” and currently kicking ass with fiance Brendon Villegas on “The Amazing Race,” Rachel Reilly is primed for the most daunting challenge imaginable: stand-up comedy. With boundless energy, a laugh that has its own fansite, and a warm embrace of drama, Rachel recently joined Second City where her love of comedy takes center stage. She’s got a B.S. in Chemistry and takes no B.S. from anyone. The Raging Artists Comedy Show marks her formal comedy debut, and this effervescent beauty fits right in.

And if no one laughs at her jokes...

WHY AREN'T YOU LAUGHING AT MY JOKES!!!  (:;) :'(

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2012, 05:09:56 AM »
This Rachel needs to get off my tv. (:;) Can she get eliminated? PLEASE? I hate her meltdowns, that dont even make any sense. GO VANESSA AND RALPH! :hoot:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2012, 11:39:53 PM »
This Rachel needs to get off my tv. (:;) Can she get eliminated? PLEASE? I hate her meltdowns, that dont even make any sense. GO VANESSA AND RALPH! :hoot:

Repeat that , please  :flipper
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2012, 04:02:30 AM »

Repeat that , please  :flipper

Yes please, Joab put your curse on them!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2012, 08:36:43 AM »
“THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL” CELEBRATES 25 YEARS ON THE AIR, MONDAY, MARCH 26, ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

Throughout its long history, THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL has been the platform for now well-known stars, such as Jennifer Finnigan, Usher, Kellan Lutz, Gilles Marini, Michael Clarke Duncan, Vanessa Minnillo and Lindsay Price, to break into show business. Additionally, many of Hollywood's most famous names have made appearances on the show, including recent long-term recurring roles for Phyllis Diller, Patrick Duffy, Betty White and “Big Brother” and “The Amazing Race” stars Rachel Reilly and Brendon Villegas.

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/view?id=30968
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2012, 08:41:43 AM »
I was wondering why Rachel always says Brendon is her best friend. Aren't they engaged? :o
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here