Author Topic: TAR 20: Art Velez and J.J. Carrell *Border Patrol Agents*  (Read 91907 times)

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 20: Art Velez and J.J. Carrell *Border Patrol Agents*
« Reply #225 on: June 06, 2012, 11:33:18 AM »
The worst teams for me are probably the most boring ones.
Agreed. I hope to see them in an unfinished business 2 season.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #226 on: June 06, 2012, 11:38:45 AM »

Agreed. I hope to see them in an unfinished business 2 season.

If that happens I definitely think they should be joined by Brendon and Rachel as I think those are the two teams that really made the last season. 

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #227 on: June 06, 2012, 02:37:44 PM »
Omg. If they make it on UB 2... *barf*

There's no way they will get on the show. They are not popular enough. And no, I think it's good that they are really competitive.

BUT, look at Nick/Starr and Meghan/Cheyne method of competitive VS theirs.

They tried to stir up trouble with EVERY TEAM (almost, in the final 6), including Nary and Jaime.

I just don't know what's wrong with them. They, together with Brendon and Rachel, made the season absolutely unbearable for me. Thank goodness Rachel and Dave won or I might/would have killed my TV.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #228 on: June 06, 2012, 02:47:49 PM »
Popularity though is partly created through the editing of the show, Mark and Bopper were the only ones to get their own theme tune weren't they?  lol

Offline BlooperGuy

• RFF Full Member
  • SKRILLEX.....VS.....MOZART!!!!
« Reply #229 on: June 08, 2012, 08:50:06 PM »
The worst teams for me are probably the most boring ones.
Thank you!  :res:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #230 on: June 11, 2012, 10:05:15 AM »
Rather boring than troublesome!

Boring teams may be because of editing too, if you want to put it that way if Art and JJ's negativeness was due to bad edit??

Art and JJ's scenario and POV:
1 When they are leading: THE OTHER TEAMS SUCK.
2. When we are in the back and not leading the pack: WE SUCK, BUT THE OTHER TEAMS STILL SUCK. WHY DO ALL THEM UNDESERVING TEAM MANAGE TO BEAT US?

:gaah: :crazy:

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #231 on: June 13, 2012, 09:30:26 AM »
You need a balance of likeable and less likeable teams.  But if it just has boring teams, like maybe AR2, then I can't really be bothered watching it.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #232 on: June 13, 2012, 09:34:10 AM »
Rather boring than troublesome!

Boring teams may be because of editing too, if you want to put it that way if Art and JJ's negativeness was due to bad edit??

Art and JJ's scenario and POV:
1 When they are leading: THE OTHER TEAMS SUCK.
2. When we are in the back and not leading the pack: WE SUCK, BUT THE OTHER TEAMS STILL SUCK. WHY DO ALL THEM UNDESERVING TEAM MANAGE TO BEAT US?

:gaah: :crazy:

Agree.  I'm rewatching the episodes because I'm editing the spanish subtitles for our fan group in spanish, and that is absolutely true. 
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 07:40:57 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #233 on: June 15, 2012, 11:40:17 AM »
IKR?? :res:

Worst team ever. Even much more worst than BJ and Tyler, at least they were truly funny at times.

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #234 on: July 04, 2012, 05:03:19 AM »
You need a balance of likeable and less likeable teams.  But if it just has boring teams, like maybe AR2, then I can't really be bothered watching it.
True, but to be honest (and I know I am possibly not speaking for the majority here..) I wasn't too keen on many of the teams of TAR20.
I'm not a BB fan and Rachel kind of annoyed me with her whining and insecurities all the time. Shame because they could have been an entertaining & nice enough team without all the (passive agressive) drama.

Same applies to Vanessa, though it was more bitchy behavior I thought. I definitely wasn't rooting for Art & JJ either.
Nor was I a big fan of the other Rachel & Dave but well, not many options left really.  :duno:

I think the FBI agents were ok but they probably thought they'd do better in the Race so they didn't do well enough to root for. But couples like the clowns that just would be out immediately, and I suppose the twins who on paper seemed promising didn't make it - so we were stuck with more of the 'not so nice' teams which seemed a little out of balance.
I agree that you need a mix but I do think it's getting a bit lopsided, or was at least in TAR21, with bitchy people dominating the scene, which didn't always make for interesting tv. I found it hard to root for people like that, whether that's in part due to edit or not.  :duno:

So I hope they have a somewhat better & more 'balanced' selection for TAR21.  :)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 05:06:31 AM by Topita »
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #235 on: July 08, 2012, 02:51:49 PM »
The producers seemed to want to highlight the arguments in the edit and even encourage them with their interviews with the contestants.  Normally they seem to highlight one team as being argumentative on this show but here we seemed to have much more.  It helped provide some drama I suppose, but I'd rather the drama came out of the challenges more rather than what can seem at times rather artificial bickering.

The not so nice teams perhaps did dominate more, though maybe the hardest racers are often the more ruthless ones anyway.  Rachel is someone who is set off quite easily by those ready to wind her up, and I'm sure people like Art and JJ and Vanessa realised that.  I did think Vanessa lasted a bit too long in this race and it would have benefited if say Mark and Bopper and Nary and Jamie had outlasted her team.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #236 on: July 27, 2012, 12:00:48 PM »
I did think Vanessa lasted a bit too long in this race and it would have benefited if say Mark and Bopper and Nary and Jamie had outlasted her team.

Any team, but Art and JJ. Even Rachel was bearable at times, with her trying to prove herself smart comments or being bitchy to Vanessa.. which was pretty funny and entertaining. Of course, her breaking down proves good TV too. But seriously, Art and JJ killed the fun in watching for me. Just whining and whining and non-stop whining throughout ALL the legs. It was so bad I had to fast forward their part whenever it comes on.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #237 on: August 02, 2012, 08:11:27 PM »
I actually liked Art and JJ :lol3. I liked all but 2 teams this season (brenchel and mississippi). I wanted Art and JJ or Rachel and Dave to win whenthe final 3 was revealed, so I was really happy when they were both at the second roadblock.

Offline BlooperGuy

• RFF Full Member
  • SKRILLEX.....VS.....MOZART!!!!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #239 on: August 16, 2012, 07:59:39 PM »
Take a look at this poll.

http://amazingrace.wikia.com/wiki/Top_10_list:Favorite_Team

Not many Mexicans crossing the border to America nowadays, so Border Patrol agents tend to have a lot of free time.

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #240 on: August 17, 2012, 11:22:00 PM »
Take a look at this poll.

http://amazingrace.wikia.com/wiki/Top_10_list:Favorite_Team

Not many Mexicans crossing the border to America nowadays, so Border Patrol agents tend to have a lot of free time.

:lol3: There's no way that poll is completely legit. There is no demographic that loved them more than anyone else.