Author Topic: TAR 20: Art Velez and J.J. Carrell *Border Patrol Agents*  (Read 91087 times)

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 20: Art Velez and J.J. Carrell *Border Patrol Agents*
« Reply #150 on: April 21, 2012, 10:46:34 AM »
If they are supposed to be the villains why were they shown sharing their prize with Bopper & Mark? Probably because that's something the editors would show no matter who did it.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #151 on: April 21, 2012, 01:42:14 PM »
They've become more 'villainous' as it's gone on it seems to me, earlier on they were more typical arrogant racers.  :)  But I wonder why they didn't just do that off camera or even just tell them after the race had ended.  I suppose the money they had won was still fresh in their minds at that moment and supposedly they thought Mark and Bopper had been eliminated.  Though I'm still not sure the production would have them promising money apparently in sympathy with someone being eliminated and then just reveal to them they hadn't been eliminated, as it could get a bad reaction as if they had been fooled. 

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #152 on: April 25, 2012, 11:06:52 AM »
"Guys can't dance like chicks do, it's just not the same"

are they blind or something? can't they see that HALF of the bollywood dancers are male? who are just as capable as the females in performing the routine...

...or are they trying to imply that these guys aren't real men?...

god, they're irritating
Bring on the 21!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2012, 04:25:15 PM »
kevinint,

I think you have to take Art and JJ literally. They were stating that American females are typically more interesting to watch in a dance routine than American males. I think they have got That right, particularly with the specific males and females involved at this point in AR20. The Bollywood male ensemble dancers do have great skill, but Art and JJ were not focused on them.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #154 on: April 25, 2012, 07:31:26 PM »
Women being better dancers than men isn't really that uncommon of an assumption, and I think you're both looking into it too hard. No, they weren't being misogynist, and no they weren't saying they liked looking at the women (after J.J. succeeded, Art said "women: 3, men: 1). I will state that the "Men can't dance!" shtick was only funny the first time, and it became a black hole of humor each time they repeated it.

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #155 on: April 29, 2012, 10:55:58 PM »
I've just realized this. It's JJ that's the infuriating one. Art is also irritating, but JJ has a superiority complex that's out of this world.

and to think they could have been gone instead of the awesome country boys.
Bring on the 21!

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #156 on: April 30, 2012, 02:05:15 AM »
Yeh I've felt for a while that JJ sees himself as the leader of the two.

They've taken the wrong detour option twice recently, so they are making some mistakes.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #157 on: April 30, 2012, 04:20:48 AM »
They are one of the worst teams after Michael and Louie. :gaah:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #158 on: April 30, 2012, 06:23:53 AM »

Compared to them, Michael & Louie are Mother Teressas. 

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #159 on: April 30, 2012, 06:29:12 AM »
Yeh I've felt for a while that JJ sees himself as the leader of the two.

They've taken the wrong detour option twice recently, so they are making some mistakes.

JJ sees himself as a leader of all the other teams as well :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #160 on: April 30, 2012, 06:30:41 AM »

I'd rather sit through Andy/Tommy again. My hate for them was that they didn't show enough emotion. Now I have Art/JJ and I'm severely regretting that.  :lol:

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #161 on: April 30, 2012, 07:15:46 AM »
At least their Top 3 streak is broken.  :hearts:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #162 on: April 30, 2012, 07:26:02 AM »
I'd rather sit through Andy/Tommy again. My hate for them was that they didn't show enough emotion. Now I have Art/JJ and I'm severely regretting that.  :lol:

Andy\Tommy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Art\JJ

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #163 on: April 30, 2012, 10:53:20 AM »
JJ - "The last thing I'm doing is being a bitch"

A little hypocritical, are we?
Bring on the 21!

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #164 on: April 30, 2012, 12:41:37 PM »
I think these two are better than Mike & Louie. They both are teams that think they have strategy or whatever, but the difference is that the Cop "convinced" another team to use the U-turn (which reading interviews, Brent & Caite would have done it anyway without help from the cops). Art & JJ had a point with the fact that Mark & Bopper could have gone for the Fast Forward, leaving the rest of the teams fighting for last (yes, they were rude about it). Art  & JJ are a strong team, whereas Mike & Louie got lucky and won a leg that involved eating and drinking beer which was followed by two legs without an equalizer.

As a side note, if they aren't eliminated, they have to finish 2nd. Otherwise they'd beat Ken & Gerard's record. :(
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 05:37:33 PM by Best Loser »

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #165 on: May 01, 2012, 02:41:17 PM »
Mike & Louie got lucky and won a leg that involved eating and drinking beer
:lol:

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #166 on: May 02, 2012, 07:32:03 AM »
I get the comparison between Flo and BB Rachel, but in my opinion, the racer most like Flo is JJ. He can't stop complaining in the last few episodes. There was the ridiculous rant on the u-turn that had no effect, the immature brawl they picked with the army team, the constant complaining of other team's "poor strategy", etc...

The difference though between JJ and Flo is that I don't want to tape Flo's mouth shut.
Bring on the 21!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #167 on: May 02, 2012, 07:33:42 AM »
Rachel (O Reilly) is sort of like Victoria from Jonathan and Victoria

Offline BlooperGuy

• RFF Full Member
  • SKRILLEX.....VS.....MOZART!!!!
« Reply #168 on: May 03, 2012, 04:46:08 AM »
How can Art and JJ compare to Andy and Tommy? Andy and Tommy were actually kinda easy to like, only people hated them because they won a lot. Personally, Andy and Tommy, Laurence and Zac, and Jeremy and Sandy were my favorites last season, because everyone else was either too annoying or too boring (Amani and Marcus, Kaylani and Lisa, Justin and Jennifer, Bill and Cathi (especially these guys), and Ernie and Cindy I could absolutely not stand). This season, though, most of the teams I didn't like left earlier during the show (happy trails, Dave and Cherie, Misa and Maiya, and Kerri and Stacey  :yess:) and most of my favorites progressed to the final five (Vanessa and Ralph are the only team left I absolutely can't stand). Art and JJ were originally my fifth favorite team, but they might move down in favor of Joey "Fitness" and Danny. Because, really, u-turning my Rachel and Brendon?  :nono2:

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #169 on: May 03, 2012, 04:49:35 AM »
How can Art and JJ compare to Andy and Tommy? Andy and Tommy were actually kinda easy to like, only people hated them because they won a lot. Personally, Andy and Tommy, Laurence and Zac, and Jeremy and Sandy were my favorites last season, because everyone else was either too annoying or too boring (Amani and Marcus, Kaylani and Lisa, Justin and Jennifer, Bill and Cathi (especially these guys), and Ernie and Cindy I could absolutely not stand). This season, though, most of the teams I didn't like left earlier during the show (happy trails, Dave and Cherie, Misa and Maiya, and Kerri and Stacey  :yess:) and most of my favorites progressed to the final five (Vanessa and Ralph are the only team left I absolutely can't stand). Art and JJ were originally my fifth favorite team, but they might move down in favor of Joey "Fitness" and Danny. Because, really, u-turning my Rachel and Brendon?  :nono2:

I feel so sorry for you on many different levels.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #170 on: May 03, 2012, 04:51:12 AM »
Art and JJ are nice guys. Just very competitive...but only.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline BlooperGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #171 on: May 03, 2012, 04:55:26 AM »

Yeah, it's such a shame that I like decent teams while you pick pointless ones.  :res: I'd take you more seriously if your avatar wasn't an old lady looking through...uhhhh...something.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #172 on: May 03, 2012, 04:57:34 AM »
By decent teams you mean worst teams? (Kerri/Stacey , Misa/Maiya , Clowns...)
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #173 on: May 03, 2012, 04:59:57 AM »

Yeah, it's such a shame that I like decent teams while you pick pointless ones.  :res: I'd take you more seriously if your avatar wasn't an old lady looking through...uhhhh...something.

Umm excuse me my avatar doesn't have anything to do with it - plus I wouldn't be making fun of peoples avatars if I was you...

Offline BlooperGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #174 on: May 03, 2012, 05:07:24 AM »

Umm excuse me my avatar doesn't have anything to do with it - plus I wouldn't be making fun of peoples avatars if I was you...
Ok, pointing out your avatar might have been rude, but, feeling sorry for me?

By decent teams you mean worst teams? (Kerri/Stacey , Misa/Maiya , Clowns...)
I meant to say that Aussie tends to pick bland or obnoxious teams (Kaylani and Lisa) while I pick da winners. My faves are right in my signature, thank you.