The Amazing Race > The Racers

TAR 20: Art Velez and J.J. Carrell *Border Patrol Agents*

(1/49) > >>

georgiapeach:

Name: Art Velez
Hometown: Temecula, Calif.
Connection to your teammate: Friend/Co-worker
Current occupation: Border Patrol Agent

Describe what you do: I tell others what to do, how to do it, and I prevent illegal immigrants from entering the country.
How will these skills help you win The Race? I have the ability to adapt, adjust, overcome and make split second command decisions.
Three words to describe you: Funny, hilarious and good looking.
Favorite hobbies: Shooting guns in competition, golfing and smoking/cooking meats.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Ben Affleck
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? David “The Hoff” Hasselhoff
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of?  My incredible son and my marriage.
What scares you most about traveling? Getting arrested in a foreign country.
What excites you most about traveling? Experiencing different cultures.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: My partner needs to understand and learn that not everyone in the world is stupid.
Pet peeve about your teammate: His botox shots, plucked eyebrows and those loafers.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? spoke highly of New Zealand and they were wonderful people.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I want to see my partner cry on national television because I am his boss and he is a wuss.

Name: J.J. Carrell
Hometown: Carlsbad, Calif.
Connection to your teammate: Friend/Co-worker
Current occupation: Border Patrol Agent

Describe what you do: I supervise an anti-smuggling group of 20 agents in the United States Border Patrol.
How will these skills help you win The Race? I have to make quick and decisive decisions.  I also have to think clearly and make sound decisions under extreme pressure.
Three words to describe you: Honest, funny and solid.
Favorite hobbies: Going to the beach, reading and working out.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Goose in “Top Gun.”
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? The Tasmanian Devil.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Adopting my son.
What scares you most about traveling? Getting sick.
What excites you most about traveling? Experiencing other people and cultures.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: We always yell at each other.  We need a smooth communication pattern.
Pet peeve about your teammate: His stupid gold chain that holds his badge.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? New Zealand, because I want to experience the people and the culture.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? A better working relationship and better communication

http://www.youtube.com/v/3KVIqO4n-zk?version=3&hl

Prophet:
The first thing that struck me about them is that they don't quite fit one of the typical molds of teams. They will probably suffer from pride and overconfidence :lol:

Theo:
They're kinda reminding me of Louie & Michael. Not a likable team, but I feel they will go far

addie:
I don't think I like them. They are my least favorites (:;)

Best Loser:
I'm really surprised there are two male teams over 40. These two remind me of Louie & Michael, too. Their video rubs me the wrong way for some reason I can't explain, so for these two I'll just have to wait for the first episode.

Also the guy on the right (J.J.?) looks way too much like my high school geometry teacher, it's seriously creeping me out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version