Author Topic: S24: Kourtney Moon  (Read 5723 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
S24: Kourtney Moon
« on: January 18, 2012, 09:50:42 AM »

Name (Age): Kourtney Moon (29)
Tribe Designation: Salani
Current Residence: Austin, Texas 
Personal Claim to Fame: Easy - I grew a person inside my body, squeezed him out of a tiny orifice and managed not to completely bomb at parenting (so far). He’s actually the neatest person I know. Unrelated to making human beings, I would have to say honestly, maintaining my sanity through the mental and emotional torture I have endured in just the past few years. 
Inspiration in Life: LIFE inspiration? I'd have to say there is no More...particular person. There are many individuals who have taught me valuable lessons, whether they meant to or not, and whether they had good intentions or not. People who seek to truly be altruistic are huge inspirations for me.
Hobbies: Doing just about anything with my son, motorcycles, knitting, cocktails and night time bike rides.
Pet Peeves: I’ve had bad, bad experiences with people who have low moral codes. I just have NO patience for hypocrisy and folks who regularly enjoy the smell of their own farts. Lack of respect for monogamy is a huge pet peeve of mine, as well as people who chew others and spit them out simply because they can... basically, sociopaths and narcissists. 
3 Words to Describe You: Creative, scatter-brained and impulsive.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Jud and Courtney because they reacted or handled situations the way I probably would have. They appeared to be very genuine characters, knew what their attributes were and accepted their short-comings. They also seemed to maintain their sanity when things got rough.
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR:  I NEED the money and want the experience. Traveling, meeting new people, opening new doors, getting the hell out of the Austin bubble for a little while… I severely need a drastic change in my life, preferably one that won't kill me. I think I’m going to walk away from this permanently changed…but for the better.
Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I have great diplomatic skills and I’m a good mediator. I often see a person’s positive side over the negative, which makes me very forgiving and accepting. I have no problem leading, following, or getting out of the way when appropriate. 
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: Because nothing in this world makes any sense whatsoever and anything really IS possible.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-DB4ipl4Ivw?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-DB4ipl4Ivw?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 10:24:35 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: S24: Kourtney Moon
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 09:52:57 AM »
 Because nothing in this world makes any sense whatsoever and anything really IS possible.

What is she doing one suvioir lol

Offline StephenWasHere

• RFF Full Member
  • *gasp* You are SUCH a liar, Tom!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 02:23:44 PM »
I think she's sweet and my she's my little sister's FAVORITE (she declared this vehemently by the way) so by default, I'll root for her.
TAR25- Shelley/Nici, Amy/Maya, Kym/Alli, Keith/Whitney
Survivor SJDS: Natalie, Jeremy, Baylor

Offline rockhopper78

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 11:10:06 AM »
Initial reaction: She sounds nice enough, but I don't think she'll be around long. I see her as being one of the first out of her tribe.

Edited after watching video & press interview: Yeah I still say first boot out of the game. Ever since I play in my fantasy league since season 21, I've been 2/3 on first boots. She seems logical. Too bad because she's adorable.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 07:36:32 PM by rockhopper78 »
Survivor 26 favorites: Brenda Lowe (so lovely), Sherri, Malcolm, Reynold

Survivor all time favs: Kim Spradlin, Parvati Shallow, Russell Hantz, Rob Cesternino, Brenda Lowe, Yul Kwon, Jonathan Penner, Richard Hatch

Offline StephenWasHere

• RFF Full Member
  • *gasp* You are SUCH a liar, Tom!
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 01:33:31 PM »
She screams early boot to me
TAR25- Shelley/Nici, Amy/Maya, Kym/Alli, Keith/Whitney
Survivor SJDS: Natalie, Jeremy, Baylor

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 10:24:51 PM »
vid added^^
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Zapetepe

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • General Discussion Forum
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 03:48:30 AM »
MY favorite.
But Marisa vibes. :(

Melbourne Center Of Open Discussion.Debates.General Chat.Politics.Societal Attitudes.Causes.Headline News.And More.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 12:30:17 PM »
Kourtney Moon has cancer; Survivor injury still not healed

Survivor One World Kourtney Moon, found out she had cancer this week, days before the episode aired during which she was medically removed from the game after breaking her arm, an injury that she still has not recovered from.

Talking from her hospital room on Rob Cesternino’s podcast, Kourtney said she was doing “****ty, actually” because “I went for a typical wellness check-up on Monday” and “they found a large, grapefruit-sized tumor in my abdomen. The very next day they rushed me to emergency surgery,” she said. “I’m on the safer side” and “I’m super-optimistic; my surgeon doesn’t seem worried at all.”

As to her injury, in the podcast and in interviews, Kourtney repeatedly refers to breaking her arm, not her wrist. (After returning, she tweeted on Sept. 20, “worst case: they’ll have to re-break my arm. SPLENDID. they better knock me out and cut me open this time. 3rd re-setting’s a charm, right?” Earlier, she joked, “since i can’t knit or masturbate properly with a broken left arm, i have taken to my sexy french lessons like mad.”)

On Rob’s podcast, Kourtney said she is in physical therapy and “hopefully, eventually, it will be back to normal.” In other exit interviews, she elaborated on the nature of her injury, telling Gordon Holmes, Kourtney said, “They ended up having to move it back into place and they weren’t so successful the first time. I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. It hasn’t been quite the same ever since.” And she told Examiner that “I had it in a cast for a while, but since then we were waiting for some paperwork to go through so I could get onto physical therapy as soon as possible.”

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_one_world/2012_Feb_17_kourtney-moon-cancer

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 08:47:12 PM »
Oh, I hope she is OK. That's really sad news. :'(
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster