Author Topic: Wishlist for The Amazing Race All-Stars 3rd Edition  (Read 12489 times)

Offline Chameleon777

• RFF Not So Newbie
Wishlist for The Amazing Race All-Stars 3rd Edition
« on: January 16, 2012, 06:45:52 PM »
Not all the teams that I like are here, but those who COULD do the Race again (meaning that life or destroyed marriages or death didn't get in the way):

Season 1: Emily & Rob, Joe & Bill, Kevin & Drew, Paul & Amie.
Season 2: Oswald & Danny, Blake & Paige, Peggy & Claire.
Season 3: Teri & Ian, Ken & Gerard.
Season 4: Kelly & Jon, Jon & Al.
Season 5: Charla & Mirna, Linda & Karen, Chip & Kim.
Season 5/6 Hybrid Team: Colin & Jonathan.
Season 6: Don & Mary Jean, Hayden & Aaron, Kris & Jon.
Season 7: Debbie & Bianca, Ray & Deana, Lynn & Alex, Meredith & Gretchen.
Season 8: Tammy & Billy Gaghan, Marion & DJ Paolo, Linda & Rolly Weaver.
Season 9: Ray & Yolanda, BJ & Tyler.
Season 10: Tom & Terry, David & Mary, Erwin & Godwin, Dustin & Kandace, Lyn & Karlyn.
Season 12: Azaria & Christina, Kynt & Vyxsin, Nicolas & Donald.
Season 13: Mark & Bill, Toni & Dallas, Andrew & Dan, Ken & Tina.
Season 14: Margie & Luke, Kisha & Jen.
Season 15: Zev & Justin.
Season 16: Steve & Allie, Louie & Michael, Jet & Cord.
Season 17: Gary & Mallory, Nat & Kat.
Season 19: Laurence & Zac, Bill & Cathi, and who else???

Picture it: All of these teams standing before Phil and then he announces that only 13 teams will make it to the actual starting line. Before the Race even begins, Phil says that there will be a challenge that will determine what teams get to move forward and represent their season(s). It will be a challenge requiring attention to detail and teamwork, Phil tells them, and the first 13 teams to correctly finish the challenge will move on after Phil checks their work and gives the okay. If a team thinks they are finished and it is incorrect when Phil checks it, the incorrect team will have to stand on a penalty mat, turn over an hourglass, and wait for the sand to run out before they can fix their mistakes.

Once the 13 teams have left, Phil will tell the other teams that two additional teams will have a chance to get into the game at the pit stop. The catch is that they have to be first or second checking in at the FINAL first pit stop in order to secure a place in the Race and they cannot interact with the original 13 at all.

The 13 teams meanwhile will be blindsided by a mid-way elimination point where the last team to arrive is eliminated and the second last loses everything but clothes on their back, passports, and money. All teams are warned about the elimination at the end of the leg at that point, but are NOT told about the twist.

At the END of the leg, after the last team is eliminated, Phil gathers the teams and in the most suspenseful way possible, explains the MAJOR twist, and introduces the two teams who made it in first and second place out of the eliminated group to the pit stop; he welcomes them to the Race and the episode ends with comments from all the teams.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 06:58:48 PM by Chameleon777 »

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
Re: Wishlist for The Amazing Race All-Stars 3rd Edition
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 01:20:03 AM »
Great choices for Seasons 2-4. :tup: I'd also toss Andre & Damon on to the Season 3 list, and even Derek & Drew and John Vito & Jill, who were extremely unlucky on All-Stars 1. Actually, any TAR3 member would be accepted with open arms! Maybe Aaron & Arianne would be a great team to see after all these years! :hearts:

Season 5 choices are perfect! Brandon & Nicole are also an option, but I prefer the three you listed! :tup:

I'd nominate Gus & Hera from Season 6. Don & Mary Jean weren't very exciting, but Hayden & Aaron and Kris & Jon are great options! If only Jonathan & Victoria were still viable! :'(

I don't think I would want to see anyone else from Season 7, except Meredith & Gretchen and Ray & Deana. It wasn't the best cast that year.

Maybe Billy & Carissa Gaghan could come from Season 8! Marion & DJ Paolo is a great choice! I hated the Weavers, but I'd love to see two of the Bransen girls, or one girl with the dad! :hearts:

Ray & Yolanda <3333333333333333 Dave & Lori are the next best option for Season 9, but I'd also love Fran & Barry too!

For Season 10, they had a dreadful cast, in my opinion. I'd only like to have Dustin & Kandice back again, as the greatest all-female team of all-time, except maybe Charla & Mirna! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Season 12 - great options! I'd also add Lorena & Jason there, as I loved that couple so much in their short time on the race! :<3

For Season 13, I'd like to have Mark & Bill, Ken & Tina and Kelly & Christy, and also Toni & Dallas. I was never a Dandrew fan, myself.

For Season 14, Kisha & Jen and Jaime & Cara stand out, but I don't know if they would invite teams back for a third time.

Season 15 is an easy choice - LANCE & KERI!!! :hrt: :hrt: :hrt: (If they are together, I have no idea which teams are still together? :duno: ) Maria & Tiffany would be nice, too! And, dare I say, Mika & Canaan... :groan:

Steve & Allie are the only feasible Season 16 option in my opinion, except maybe Jordan & Jeff and Joe & Heidi, if they want some early exits... :duno:

Season 17 is easy too - Nat & Kat, Brook & Claire and Gary & Mallory! :hearts:

From Season 19, Amani & Marcus and Justin & Jennifer stand out in my opinion. Bill & Cathi were awesome, but I prefer Teri & Ian, Fran & Barry and Meredith & Gretchen when it comes to the 'older' teams! :tup:

Great thread! I'd love to hear what everyone else thinks! I adore Amani & Marcus so much, and I would be so sad not to see them again in future! :hugs:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 01:50:06 AM »
Jet and Cord...my hero's . And always the fastest ones,when it comes down to puzzles.

Starting line task,they leave at exactly same time as Zev Justin and Mel Mike. First Ones.

Cord's roadblock in China,Season 16. He smoked the puzzle

Jet's dinossaur task,AMAZING!!!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 06:11:34 AM »
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 07:01:47 AM »
Emily & Rob

I think Emily's husband might object...

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 07:05:19 AM »
Season 12: Azaria & Christina
THIS :hearts:

I would love that too! :yess:

Unfortunately after they did something similar and brought back Eric & Danielle who completely singlehandedly ruined Season 11, I think TAR was probably a little hesitant to do something similar :duno: , which is unfortunate, as people would generally like Azaria & Christina more than Eric & Danielle. :tup:

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 07:20:04 AM »
Season 19: Laurence & Zac
:lol3: I just can't believe if they will be called again

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 07:21:13 AM »
Season 1- Didn't really watch other than the Paul/Amie breakdown, so I would put them!
Season 2- Blake/Paige(<3333), Oswald/Danny so the board can rumble, Tara/Wil, Mary/Peach
Season 3- Heather/Eve, Aaron/Ariane, John Vito/Jill, Derek/Drew, Flo/Zach, Teri/Ian
Season 4- Tian/Jaree, Millie/Chuck
Season 5- Alison/Donny or Alison with someone <3, Charla/Mirna, Kami/Karli, Linda/Karen, Colin/Christie
Season 6- Lena/Kristy, Adam/Rebecca, Kris/Jon
Season 7- ROB/AMBER, Meredith/Gretchen
Season 8- 2 people from these families: Final 6 and up really :lol: Gaghans <3, Paolos for laffos, Godlweskis for trainwrecks <3, Weaver Mayhem <3333, Bransens, Linz <333
Season 9- No one please.
Season 10-Dustin/Kandice, Lyn/Karlyn
Season 12- No one please
Season 13- Kelly/Christy, Marrissa/Brooke, Toni/Dallas, Nick/Starr
Season 14- Amanda/Kris, Jaime/Cara, Margie/Luke, Kisha/Jen, Tammy/Victor
Season 15- Maria/Tiffany, Flight Time/Big Easy, Meghan/Cheyne
Season 16- Jeff/Jordan, Steve/Allie, Carol/Brandy, Brent/Caite <33, Jet/Cord
Season 17- Gary/Mallory, Jill/Thomas, Brook/Claire, Nat/Kat
Season 19- Liz/Marie <3, Laurence/Zac, Bill/Cathi, Andy/Tommy, Ernie/Cindy, Jeremy/Sandy

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 07:28:26 AM »
Everybody loves Laurence & Zac? :o Am I the minority here? :res:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 07:36:03 AM »

I liked Zac, but I wasn't a fan of Laurence. :duno:

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 07:41:48 AM »
I was the opposite. Zac was sooo boring, while Laurence was more entertaining, being the villain character in TAR 19, beside Cindy. Oooh... Maybe CBS will pair them up so we have Laurence & Cindy :lol3:

By the way, it would be great if we can see the grown-up kids from Family Edition :hrt:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 07:43:40 AM »
I was the opposite. Zac was sooo boring, while Laurence was more entertaining, being the villain character in TAR 19, beside Cindy. Oooh... Maybe CBS will pair them up so we have Laurence & Cindy :lol3:

By the way, it would be great if we can see the grown-up kids from Family Edition :hrt:

If Ernie or Cindy is ever back on TAR, I won't watch that season, period. I don't think I have ever hated a reality show team more than them ever before. They get on my last nerve. (:;)

Zac was definitely quite boring, I have to agree. But I think a major reason for that was that they didn't get as much screen time as some of the others. :duno:

Offline Chameleon777

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 09:48:17 AM »
redskevin, Emily's married now? Last I heard, she and Rob were dating.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2012, 09:54:43 AM »
Liz and Marie...if they call them again i would NEVER watch TAR again  :lol: :lol:

For god's sake...8th place. And it was NOT EVEN A UTURN or something like that eliminating them!!!

No relashionship matter here.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 09:57:53 AM »
Not all the teams that I like are here, but those who COULD do the Race again (meaning that life or destroyed marriages or death didn't get in the way):

Season 1: Emily & Rob, Joe & Bill, Kevin & Drew, Paul & Amie.
Season 2: Oswald & Danny, Blake & Paige, Peggy & Claire.
Season 3: Teri & Ian, Ken & Gerard.
Season 4: Kelly & Jon, Jon & Al.
Season 5: Charla & Mirna, Linda & Karen, Chip & Kim.
Season 5/6 Hybrid Team: Colin & Jonathan.
Season 6: Don & Mary Jean, Hayden & Aaron, Kris & Jon.
Season 7: Debbie & Bianca, Ray & Deana, Lynn & Alex, Meredith & Gretchen.
Season 8: Tammy & Billy Gaghan, Marion & DJ Paolo, Linda & Rolly Weaver.
Season 9: Ray & Yolanda, BJ & Tyler.
Season 10: Tom & Terry, David & Mary, Erwin & Godwin, Dustin & Kandace, Lyn & Karlyn.
Season 12: Azaria & Christina, Kynt & Vyxsin, Nicolas & Donald.
Season 13: Mark & Bill, Toni & Dallas, Andrew & Dan, Ken & Tina.
Season 14: Margie & Luke, Kisha & Jen.
Season 15: Zev & Justin.
Season 16: Steve & Allie, Louie & Michael, Jet & Cord.
Season 17: Gary & Mallory, Nat & Kat.
Season 19: Laurence & Zac, Bill & Cathi, and who else???

Picture it: All of these teams standing before Phil and then he announces that only 13 teams will make it to the actual starting line. Before the Race even begins, Phil says that there will be a challenge that will determine what teams get to move forward and represent their season(s). It will be a challenge requiring attention to detail and teamwork, Phil tells them, and the first 13 teams to correctly finish the challenge will move on after Phil checks their work and gives the okay. If a team thinks they are finished and it is incorrect when Phil checks it, the incorrect team will have to stand on a penalty mat, turn over an hourglass, and wait for the sand to run out before they can fix their mistakes.

Once the 13 teams have left, Phil will tell the other teams that two additional teams will have a chance to get into the game at the pit stop. The catch is that they have to be first or second checking in at the FINAL first pit stop in order to secure a place in the Race and they cannot interact with the original 13 at all.

The 13 teams meanwhile will be blindsided by a mid-way elimination point where the last team to arrive is eliminated and the second last loses everything but clothes on their back, passports, and money. All teams are warned about the elimination at the end of the leg at that point, but are NOT told about the twist.

At the END of the leg, after the last team is eliminated, Phil gathers the teams and in the most suspenseful way possible, explains the MAJOR twist, and introduces the two teams who made it in first and second place out of the eliminated group to the pit stop; he welcomes them to the Race and the episode ends with comments from all the teams.

Interesting stuff! You should make a fantasy game. :lol:

I like the idea of the 5\6 hybrid team! :lol3: All around, the other choices were good except you forgot Brooke and Claire and Amani and Marcus. :(
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 10:05:41 AM »
Marcus is the most annoying person ever. All he does is talk about football. Ugh

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 10:54:42 AM »
Marcus is the most annoying person ever. All he does is talk about football. Ugh
I have to agree with you. Fortunately, Amani saved this team so this team is neutral for me
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 10:36:07 PM by Theodorus »

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 02:28:02 PM »
In terms of which teams to return, I would really have to think long and hard on this one.

But I hope it follows more along the lines of Unfinished Business than the first All-Stars, like no previous winners or hybrid teams. Only thing, is that the earlier seasons would be included. But with more seasons under its belt, I guess BVM's statement would ring more true, since more than a decade passed since a bunch of teams from the earlier seasons have raced.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2012, 06:35:15 PM »

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?topic=21879.0

Apparently our Emily from season one married last year:

Matthew Alan Crew & Emily Hoyt

Crew - Hoyt Mr. and Mrs. John Hoyt Jr. of Waco, are pleased to announce the engagement of their daughter, Emily, to Matthew Alan Crew, son of Mr. and Mrs. Wayne Crew of Austin. Emily is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. Edwin Lundgren, Mrs. John Hoyt Sr. and the late Mr. John Hoyt Sr. She is a graduate of Midway High School in Waco and Sam Houston State University. Emily is a demurrage analyst for Koch Supply & Trading. Matthew is the grandson of Mr. and Mrs. R.F. Crew, the late Mr. Beryl Llewellyn, and Mrs. Ruth Holder.He graduated from Cypress Creek High School in Houston and Texas A&M University. Matthew is a commodity trader with Velocity Merchant Energy, LP. The couple will exchange vows Aug. 22, 2009, in Waco.

http://www.legacy.com/Wacotrib/Celebrations.asp?Page=Announcement&PersonID=128998170

Photo here!

and Our Amazing Race, Emily (Hoyt) Crew & Nancy Hoyt, SHSU Alumni & Contestants on CBS’s The Amazing Race.

So Emily is married!

Wikipedia states that she dated Brennan and now is dating Rob. Obviously wrong

Offline Chameleon777

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 09:22:16 PM »
Yeah, but the difference between Eric/Danielle and Azaria/Christina is I think Azaria/Christina got married!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2012, 09:25:53 PM »

I loved him and Amani so much! For a professional sports player, he and Amani seemed more genuine and down to earth than most of the other teams on their race, and I love this couple soooooo much. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Yeah, but the difference between Eric/Danielle and Azaria/Christina is I think Azaria/Christina got married!

I would definitely love to see them! And I think they would be an EXTREMELY strong team! :yess:

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2012, 09:28:05 PM »
I don't get why everyone likes Amanda/Kris? They did NOTHING.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2012, 06:48:57 AM »

Married, and with a daughter. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chameleon777

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2012, 12:08:47 PM »
 Okay, so scratch Emily/Rob.....HOWEVER, CBS CANNOT ethically do a 3rd All-Sars without Joe & Bill, Kevin & Drew or and Paul & Amie.....it would be PRICELESS to see those teams in action again!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2012, 06:03:40 PM »
I hate to burst everyone's bubble when the fantasies are flowing freely. However, given the structure of AR11 and AR18, it is logical to conclude that all places for the next All-Stars (whether it is named that or not) around AR25 will be filled ONLY by teams from AR19 through the last race before All-Stars. It is likely but not as much so that no winning teams will be invited to All-Stars (even though Uchenna/Joyce were to AR11). So there is no way we can know which teams are worthy of All-Stars in that context EXCEPT for AR19.

From AR19, the 2 non-winning teams (11 or 12 teams in All-Stars divided by let's say 6 races) that impressed me the most were:
Andy/Tommy
Marcus/Amani

Although Bill and Cathi were a very likeable and competitive team, he will be 67 or 68 years old and she 65 or 66 years old in 2015, so they are going to be considered too old even though they overcame those stereotypes at their July 2011 ages.