Author Topic: Undercover Boss 3  (Read 11543 times)

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
Undercover Boss 3
« on: January 14, 2012, 08:25:47 AM »
I couldn't find any thread talking about the upcoming Season 3 of UB, so I created this thread.

This season will premiere on January 15, 2012. The date of its finale is TBD.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: Undercover Boss 3
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 02:40:18 PM »
I like this show, I know it's a formula type show but I enjoy watching it.  :lol:  What I love about it is the attitude of the workers who do what they do the best that they can no matter what the job is.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 08:27:26 AM »
Watching the premiere... It seems to be an interesting episode.

Maybe the very employee had little inkling of the fact, but it's obvious that local supervisors totally knew what was going on. In that case the whole show has become an ad. :groan:
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 03:07:18 AM »
EP1 Ratings/Share Information
=========================
*Households Viewers/Ratings/Share*
8 p.m.

NBC: Golden Globe Awards (14.3 million, 8.6/13)
FOX: "The Simpsons" (15.7 million, 8.8/13)/"Napoleon Dynamite" series premiere (9.5 million, 5.2/8)
CBS: "Undercover Boss" season premiere (11.6 million, 7.0/10)
ABC: "Once Upon a Time" (9.8 million, 5.5/8)

18-49 leader: "The Simpsons" (6.8)

*18~49 demo Ratings/Share/Viewers*
8:00PM   
FOX   The Simpsons   6.8   16   15.703
NBC   69th Golden Globes (8-11p)   5.0   10   16.844
ABC   Once Upon A Time   3.3   8   9.839
CBS   Undercover Boss   3.0   7   11.561

Good ratings.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 08:57:48 AM »
SuperTux,

The allocation of VCRs to the Giants/Packers game (continuing to tie one up with me away even though the game had finished before 8pm), the Golden Globes and The good Wife (if I had thought about it more, I would have started taping at 8pm instead of 9pm) left me without Undercover boss ep. 1. I'll get it on www.cbs.com. Thanks for effectively reminding me.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 09:01:27 AM »
We were tied up with the game as well. Hopefully I have Undercover Boss recorded. I forgot to check to see if there was a delay. I may be watching it on CBS with you apskip.  :)

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 11:57:25 PM »
Thanks for effectively reminding me.

You're welcome. :lol: Hope its 18~49 demo ratings keep over 3.0 every week.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 11:11:12 AM »
We watched the first episode of this season and two things struck me, first of all, the CEO of this business is a type AAA personality and we thought it was the reason he stopped being undercover and wanted to correct the problem at the call center. He couldn't stand people being told 'NO.. can't do anything for you.'

The other thing that we noticed is that he gave real bonuses to the employees, paying off a mortgage, paying the tuition, giving someone a truck. Usually what is given is some small amount, and promotion or mentoring. Kudos to him for making a real difference in their lives. 

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 03:51:21 PM »
NVM
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 06:10:47 PM »
I am about to see the first episode of this Undercover Boss season. However, I don't agree with you fully Texas Lady. Other bosses have given selected high performance individuals something in the monetary value range of $5,000 to $10,000 as what amounted to a one-time bonus.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 11:05:30 AM »
Now that I have seen episode 1, I can say unequivocally that the rewards for outstanding performance by the Diamond Resorts International CEO are the most generous of any episode ever:

Greg (or Jack, I'm not quite sure) - a new truck (probably in the $30K range) plus a $20K bonus

Sarah - I think I heard $150K mortgage payoff (although it might have been $15K) plus a trip to Hawaii

Amanda - a trip to Ireland, payoff of a $150K mortgage

Randy - payoff of a $150K mortgage plus $50K cash

If Sarah's reward was at $150K, then the total of all 4 was $550,000 plus a trip to Hawaii and a trip to Ireland. Wow!

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 09:30:38 PM »
Sarah - I think I heard $150K mortgage payoff (although it might have been $15K) plus a trip to Hawaii

If Sarah's reward was at $150K, then the total of all 4 was $550,000 plus a trip to Hawaii and a trip to Ireland. Wow!

I rechecked this episode. It was $15k, not $150k for Sarah. :lol:
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 06:57:30 AM »
Watching EP2 now. The female boss is speaking TOO fast for me. :groan: Gotta find subtitles several days later.

EP2 Ratings/Share Info
Households: 5.8/8 (9.2 million)
18~49 demo: 2.2/5   9.17

P.S. I have a question. I think that westerners dislike being asked about private things. But almost in every episode of this show I could see the boss ask questions like "How old are you?" "Where do you live?" "Do you have a child?" Isn't it kind of rude?  :lol3:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 08:05:48 PM by SuperTux »
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 01:56:34 PM »
SuperTux:

The individuals who meet the bosses on this show are all hand-screened by the Human Resources department of each company. They are not going to put a bunch of losers into the mix. So the boss would have prior access to all the information on age, where they live, children etc.  It is not considered rude in the United States for a boss to inquire about any of these things (even though they already know if hey wanted to).

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 08:39:26 PM »
SuperTux:

The individuals who meet the bosses on this show are all hand-screened by the Human Resources department of each company. They are not going to put a bunch of losers into the mix. So the boss would have prior access to all the information on age, where they live, children etc.  It is not considered rude in the United States for a boss to inquire about any of these things (even though they already know if hey wanted to).

Got it, apskip :lol:
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 01:35:52 AM »
I forgot to post the ratings/share info of EP3. :groan: Here it is.

Households: 7.8/12 (highest in 8pm timeslot)
18~49 demo: 3.0/7 (failed to compete with OUAT, 3.5/8, 10.91 million)
Viewers: 13.15 million. (highest in 8pm timeslot)
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 08:38:40 AM »
Watching EP3... Seems to be a funny episode.

And one thing is hilarious... Never had I seen anyone before that spoke out so many "bleeped" words in a show. This guy successfully beat Gordon Ramsay on Hell's Kitchen in the competition of "bleeped" words! :lol3:
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 04:37:55 AM »
Since EP4 this show has been moved to Friday night, 8pm.

It's said EP4 has broken the 18~49 ratings record on Friday night in this season!

18~49 ratings/share: 2.4/8
Households ratings/share: 6.7/12
Viewers: 10.733 million
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2012, 11:55:43 PM »
EP5 ratings fell, but was still leading Friday night.

Households Ratings/Share 5.4/9
18~49 Ratings/Share 1.9/9
Viewers(million): 8.63

Almost a tie with Shark Tank on ABC (18~49 Ratings/Share 1.8/6)
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2012, 06:59:06 PM »
After watching a disastrous episode (EP5, probably the worst episode among all three seasons), I've decided to give this season up and have no look at the ratings information. I've been bummed out. (:;)

The only spotlight in this episode might be the first employee's hatred after knowing that he was tricked. It'd never happened before. :lol: The boss' following nervous countenance and stammer cracked me up. :lol3: But to be honest, this boss is not among those that we think are fit for being on a show. He himself, as well as his firm, is not lively enough. This episode was so boring.

Another thing is that I couldn't abide the fact that so many employees in this episode were "asking" the boss for "gifts." To me it's apparent that those 3 employees knew they were on the show Undercover Boss, not the so-called American Dream. If UB wants to be the next Secret Millionaire, I won't disagree but it, as a reality show in this genre, would then turn out to be meaningless to me.

Anyone who is interested in this show can continue updating the information in this thread. We'll appreciate your efforts.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2012, 03:02:13 AM »
CBS Reveals Remaining Companies for “Undercover Boss” Season Three

CBS ANNOUNCES REMAINING COMPANIES AND AIR DATES FOR SEASON THREE OF “UNDERCOVER BOSS”

Remaining Companies Include Yankee Candle, TaylorMade Golf Company, Budget Blinds, Philly Pretzel Factory, FASTSIGNS International and Mastec

CBS announced today the remaining companies and airdates for Season Three of UNDERCOVER BOSS.  The two-time Emmy Award-nominated reality series recently moved to its new Friday (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) time period.

The companies and airdates for the remaining episodes of UNDERCOVER BOSS this season include:

Friday, March 30: YANKEE CANDLE (Harlan Kent, President and CEO) – The leading designer, manufacturer, wholesaler and retailer of premium scented candles, making more than 200 million candles per year.
 Friday, April 6: TAYLORMADE GOLF COMPANY (Mark King, President and CEO) – The largest manufacturer of golf equipment and apparel in the world.
 Friday, April 13: BUDGET BLINDS (Chad Hallock, CEO and Co-Founder) – The largest window coverings franchise in North America with more than 800 franchise locations in the nation.
 Friday, April 27: PHILLY PRETZEL FACTORY (Dan DiZio, CEO and Co-Founder) – Philly Pretzel Factory sells more than 100 million pretzels each year.
 Friday, May 4: FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL (Catherine Monson, President and CEO) – The world’s leading signage, graphics and visual communications franchise, made up of 530 locations and 4,000 employees.
 Friday, May 11: MASTEC (Jose Mas, CEO) – One of the largest builders of telecommunication and energy systems in North America, building everything from electric power lines, wireless infrastructure, natural gas pipelines and sources of renewable energy generation.
Previously announced companies that will also air include:

Friday, March 2: POPEYES LOUISIANA KITCHEN (Lynne Zappone, Chief Talent Officer) – The world’s second-largest fried chicken restaurant chain.
 Friday, March 9: ORIENTAL TRADING COMPANY (Sam Taylor, CEO) – The nation’s largest direct merchant of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, toys and novelties, and a leading provider of school supplies, giftware and home decor.
Each week, UNDERCOVER BOSS follows a different executive as they leave the comfort of their corner office for an undercover mission to examine the inner workings of their companies.  While working alongside their employees, they see the effects their decisions have on others, where the problems lie within their organizations and get an up-close look at both the good and the bad while discovering and rewarding the unsung heroes who make their companies run.

UNDERCOVER BOSS is produced by Studio Lambert. Stephen Lambert, Eli Holzman and Chris Carlson are executive producers.

http://tvpressfeed.com/2012/03/cbs-reveals-remaining-companies-for-undercover-boss-season-three/
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2012, 10:31:17 PM »
Wow, they're showing Fastsigns. I've worked their last spring.

Watched this for the first time last night. I really like Josh. He's so positive and warm to be with. And I was so happy for all the things he received.
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2012, 03:06:58 PM »
Friday, March 30: YANKEE CANDLE (Harlan Kent, President and CEO) – The leading designer, manufacturer, wholesaler and retailer of premium scented candles, making more than 200 million candles per year.

Oh, really? I wonder if they filmed in the flagship store in MA. (Probably.)
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2012, 01:07:17 AM »
Undercover Boss has got its renewal for S4. Congrats.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2012, 06:46:28 PM »
I'm glad it's renewed. I hate the change of day, for some reason I never missed watching on Sunday but do miss it on Friday at times. I can now watch replays with On Demand. (Thankfully.)  :lol: