Author Topic: TAR Norway - LIVE Sightings and SPOILERS **please read post 1**  (Read 51265 times)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Norway - LIVE Sightings and SPOILERS **please read post 1**
« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2012, 11:41:12 PM »
Good work on finding pictures of the lanterns, ZouLy!

That white building appears to be Santa Casa Da Misericordia, which I've included a picture of below. From Wikipedia:

Holy House of Mercy of Macau (Portuguese: Santa Casa da Misericórdia; Chinese: 仁慈堂大樓), is an historic white building in Macau's Senado Square. Established as a branch of the Santa Casa da Misericórdia, it was built in 1569 on the orders of the Bishop of Macao.

It was a medical clinic and several other social welfare structures in early Macau. It later served as an orphanage and refuge for widows of sailors lost at sea.

It is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site "Historic Centre of Macau".

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2012, 11:50:16 PM »
Do we have to be aware of south america destination or other pacific who had relationship with Portuguese?  :lol:   Just my thought on these Portuguese thing... also it's almost close to home... maybe 4-5 legs to go?  :duno:
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: February 02, 2012, 04:26:34 AM »
A girl named D大调Laura  from Weibo said she saw TAR filming in Manila Cathedoral,Manila yesterday...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #103 on: February 02, 2012, 09:09:29 AM »
Thanks weihen!! That is believed to be Pekin Express:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26719.0.html

Lots of info coming in from there!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #104 on: February 02, 2012, 09:36:20 AM »
I moved the Philippines discussion over to Pekin Express for now as it seems to be them: :tup:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26719.0.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2012, 01:49:12 PM »
It looks like TAR Norway is done filming. I found this tweet from Freddy Dos Santos, the host:

Freddy dos Santos @fdossantos6
Puh, tilbake fra Amazing Race Norge-tur. Verden er et kult sted ass! Gikk glipp av mokkamann og tone Damli-debatt. Må bare leve med det.
8 hours ago

Google translates this as:

Phew, back from the Amazing Race Norway trip. The world is a place of worship ass! Missed the man and mocha tones Damli debate. I just live with it.

I suspect the second and third sentences aren't quite what Freddy was really saying.  :lol:

Also, a few more tweets from Freddy:

Tja, får ikke satt seg ned og latt roen senke seg å hvert sted, det skal jeg innrømme. Lite søvn, mye fly. Og jævlig moro!
8 hrs ago

Translated:
Well, do not sit down and a little peace descend to each place, I'll admit. Little sleep, lots of airplanes. And the bloody fun!

Takk, tror det blir gøy asså. Og ja, verden: tommel opp!
8 hrs ago

Thank you, think it will be fun asså. And yes, the world: thumbs up!

There's more besides these, but he appears to just be catching up with people now that he's back home.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 01:53:19 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline Polarbear

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2012, 03:54:40 PM »
Oh..crappy translations!

1. Phew, back from Amazing Race Norway trip. The world is a cool place! Missed "møkkamann" og Tone Damli debate (only people from Norway will understand this)...I'll just have to live with that!

And asså is short for "altså" - also.

So..six days with no sightings, one leg en South america and one in Europe maybe?

Ahh...and I were in Oslo yesterday! So the pit-stop is definitely not Holmenkollen skiing arena (famous landmark), because I were there on sunday :)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2012, 04:14:12 PM »
Oh..crappy translations!

1. Phew, back from Amazing Race Norway trip. The world is a cool place! Missed "møkkamann" og Tone Damli debate (only people from Norway will understand this)...I'll just have to live with that!

And asså is short for "altså" - also.

So..six days with no sightings, one leg en South america and one in Europe maybe?

Ahh...and I were in Oslo yesterday! So the pit-stop is definitely not Holmenkollen skiing arena (famous landmark), because I were there on sunday :)

Thanks for the corrected translations! I knew that I didn't have it right.

2 missing legs sounds about right, though it could be 3. I was hoping for North America, but I'd expect some word would have come out if it had been there. The US and Canada may have been too expensive for their budget. So South America and either Europe or Western Africa seem possible. I'd expect that the final leg was in Norway, but with a new race, who knows what they did?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #108 on: February 07, 2012, 12:23:42 PM »
There is a slim possibility of Monument Valley, but NOTHING confirmed, count this as spec.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: February 07, 2012, 10:30:24 PM »
If they did go to Monument Valley, I'd think the Grand Canyon and the other National Parks in that area would be a possibility. But there's no evidence of that at this point.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: February 09, 2012, 09:17:05 PM »
I got some further information from Timothy Moran, one of the people who saw TAR Norway at the Eureka Skydeck in Melbourne, and was kind enough to pass along what he knew.

Timothy Moran @Timothy_Moran
@Plaidmoon sorry for late reply. They were at a pit stop in Melbourne atop the Eureka SkyDeck and word was they ran all the way to the top..
8 Feb

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: February 09, 2012, 10:05:35 PM »
I'm currently gathering info on a possible sighting at Melbourne's Old Gaol, hopefully more info will follow shortly.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2012, 12:55:49 AM »
I'm currently gathering info on a possible sighting at Melbourne's Old Gaol, hopefully more info will follow shortly.

If the time was right, that destination could be worth to visit, as they provide the night tour inside the gaol, somekind like ghost-hunter tour...
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2012, 11:20:39 PM »
All the following info comes from this blog: http://careerchangers.staradvertiserblogs.com/2012/02/03/aussie-adventures-part-1/

Credit and a special thanks to our blogger, Rich Figel for sharing this sighting and information with us all!  :hrt:

This is our Melbourne Gaol sighting I previously hinted at. Filming occurred on the 25th of January. Contestants apparently had to try "to answer questions in order to get out of their jail cells".

Luckly enough, Rich managed to see at least three teams. He believes he saw Team #2 from this post; Brothers Truls and Morten Bjerke, the blonde ladies; Michelle Holm and Catherine Amderson and a M/F couple asking directions on the street.

Thank you so much Rich for all your FANTASTIC effort in helping us out, it's been greatly appreciated!  :hearts:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2012, 11:23:40 PM »
Thanks Rich!! And another great job oval for following this through!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2012, 06:14:35 AM »
Credit and many thanks to Wizzybean for the following information!

http://www.photoblog.com/wizzybean/2012/01/17/halong-bay-and-back-to-hanoi.html

Hanoi - CONFIRMED! :yes:

The host and production spotted by Wizzybean at the Hanoi Hilton - filming took place in front of the John McCain flight suit.

Presuming filming occurred on the 17th of Jan.. currently double checking though. No contestants sighted, just the crew filming Freddy doing standups.

And thanks to another anonymous source, Hue looks a possible destination...

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: March 01, 2012, 06:14:52 AM »
I think the spoilers for this season were so much tougher than we thought it would be :p

Maybe they went Africa and South America...
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard