Author Topic: American Idol Season 11  (Read 36079 times)

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
American Idol Season 11
« on: January 04, 2012, 02:15:39 PM »
WELCOME BACK, “AMERICAN IDOL”

THE INCREDIBLE JOURNEY BEGINS

WITH A TWO-NIGHT PREMIERE

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 18 AND THURSDAY, JANUARY 19;

AUDITIONS CONTINUE WITH A SPECIAL BROADCAST SUNDAY, JANUARY 22

FOLLOWING THE “NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME” ON FOX

Hollywood Rounds Begin Thursday, February 9

Performance Challenge Airs Wednesday, February 22

Semifinalists Revealed Thursday, February 23

Semifinalist Perform Tuesday, February 28 and Wednesday, February 29

America’s Vote Reveals Finalists Thursday, March 1

The incredible journey is about to begin as AMERICAN IDOL, America’s No. 1 show, returns for its remarkable 11th season. Featuring host Ryan Seacrest and returning judges Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler, AMERICAN IDOL is set to return with a two-night event showcasing the nation’s most extraordinary talent Wednesday, Jan. 18 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) and Thursday, Jan. 19 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT). Auditions will continue with a special, extended primetime broadcast of AMERICAN IDOL Sunday, Jan. 22 (10:00-11:00 PM ET/7:00-8:00 PM PT), following the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME (6:00 PM-CC ET live/3:00 PM-CC PT live) on FOX.

The show’s judges – Jackson, Lopez and Tyler – traveled to Savannah, Aspen, Galveston, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Diego and St. Louis in search of contestants with the raw talent and potential to become the next AMERICAN IDOL. Auditions continue on Wednesday, Jan. 25 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) and Thursday, Jan. 26 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT); Wednesday, Feb. 1 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) and Thursday, Feb. 2 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT); and Wednesday, Feb. 8 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

The contestants who impress the judges will head to Hollywood and be put to the ultimate test during the “Hollywood Rounds,” airing Thursday, Feb. 9 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT); Wednesday, Feb. 15 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT); and Thursday, Feb. 16 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT).

On Wednesday, Feb. 22 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), those who make it through Hollywood must then take the “Performance Challenge,” where they face the judges one last time before the top male and top female semifinalists are revealed on Thursday, Feb. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT).

The judges have their say after every performance, but it’s the viewing public that determines who will advance to the next round of the competition and who will go home. In the milestone 400th episode, airing on a special night, Tuesday, Feb. 28 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), the first group of semifinalists will take the stage to sing for America’s votes.

The following night, Wednesday, Feb. 29 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), the remaining semifinalists will perform. The competition takes an intense turn on the two-hour LIVE results show Thursday, March 1 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) as America’s vote reveals the first set of finalists, then those that remain will have one last chance to perform for the judges who will round out the 2012 AMERICAN IDOL finalists with their wild card picks.

The following week, the competition heats up when the finalists take the stage on Wednesday, March 7 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed). One finalist’s journey will end as America’s vote is revealed on Thursday, March 8 (8:00-9:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed).

RECAP (All times ET/PT)

Wednesday, Jan. 18 (8:00-10:00 PM)            Season Premiere, Part 1

Thursday, Jan. 19 (8:00-9:00 PM)                        Season Premiere, Part 2

Sunday, Jan. 22                                                Auditions Episode (Special Broadcast)

(10:00-11:00PM ET / 7:00-8:00 PM PT)

Wednesday, Jan. 25 (8:00-9:00 PM)                        Auditions Episode

Thursday, Jan. 26 (8:00-9:00 PM)                        Auditions Episode

Wednesday, Feb. 1 (8:00-9:00 PM)                        Auditions Episode

Thursday, Feb. 2 (8:00-9:00 PM)                        Auditions Episode

Wednesday, Feb. 8 (8:00-9:00 PM)                        Auditions Episode

Thursday, Feb. 9 (8:00-9:00 PM)                        Hollywood Round, Part 1

Wednesday, Feb. 15 (8:00-10:00 PM)            Hollywood Round, Part 2

Thursday, Feb. 16 (8:00-9:00 PM)                        Hollywood Round, Part 3

Wednesday, Feb. 22 (8:00-10:00 PM)            Performance Challenge

Thursday, Feb. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM)                        Semifinalists Announced

Tuesday, Feb. 28 (8:00-10:00 PM)            Semifinalists Perform/

400th Episode (Special Broadcast)

Wednesday, Feb. 29 (8:00-10:00 PM)            Semifinalists Perform

Thursday, March 1 (8:00-10:00 PM)            Results Show; Finalists Announced and Judges’ Wild Card Picks Revealed

(ET live/PT tape-delayed)

Wednesday, March 7 (8:00-10:00 PM)            Finalists Perform

Thursday, March 8 (8:00-9:00 PM)                        Results Show; First Elimination (ET live/PT tape-delayed)

Visit americanidol.com for all of your AMERICAN IDOL news. For all photo requests, please visit foxflash.com.

Become a fan of AMERICAN IDOL on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanIdol. Follow the series on Twitter @AmericanIdol and join the discussion at #AmericanIdol. Also, follow host Ryan Seacrest at @RyanSeacrest, and follow the judges: @yo_randyjackson; @JLo; and @iamstevent.

AMERICAN IDOL is produced by 19 Entertainment, a division of CKX, Inc. and FremantleMedia North America Inc. The series is created and executive-produced by Simon Fuller, CEO, XIX Entertainment, and executive-produced by Cecile Frot-Coutaz, CEO, FremantleMedia North America, Inc.; Ken Warwick, Executive Producer, FremantleMedia North America, Inc.; and Nigel Lythgoe, CEO, Nigel Lythgoe Productions. AMERICAN IDOL has been No. 1 among Adults 18-49 for the past eight consecutive seasons.

http://tvpressfeed.com/2012/01/the-american-idol-2012-television-schedule/
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 04:52:33 PM by LoveRocked »
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: American Idol Season 11
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 11:56:00 AM »
I can't wait!!  :wohoo:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 10:14:52 PM »
Idol returns to FOX on January 18, 2012.

American Idol 2012 Promo
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IzjXunk0ckQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IzjXunk0ckQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

American Idol 2012 60 Second Promo
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/i-Nh7l-NSF4?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/i-Nh7l-NSF4?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 10:19:40 PM by LoveRocked »
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 10:17:42 PM »
Thanks for letting us know LoveRocked! :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 10:17:47 PM »
American Idol 2012 Promo
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3lZ3RkP8Fow?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3lZ3RkP8Fow?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 10:19:00 PM »
Thanks for letting us know LoveRocked! :jumpy:

Thanks! I will update keep posted..

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 03:47:44 PM »
Tonight's the night! Auditions begin! :conf:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 04:43:01 PM »
Fox Announces Sponsors of “American Idol 2012″

FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY, 19 ENTERTAINMENT AND FREMANTLEMEDIA

ANNOUNCE SPONSORS FOR 11th SEASON OF “AMERICAN IDOL”

Ford, Coca-Cola and AT&T Return as Official Sponsors

Two-Night Season Premiere Begins Tonight on FOX

Fox Broadcasting Company (FOX); 19 Entertainment Ltd., a division of CKX, Inc.; and FremantleMedia today announced that Ford Motor Company, Coca-Cola and AT&T will return as the official sponsors for the 11th season of AMERICAN IDOL.

The incredible journey is about to begin as AMERICAN IDOL, America’s No. 1 show, returns tonight. Featuring host Ryan Seacrest and returning judges Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler, AMERICAN IDOL is set to return with a two-night event showcasing the nation’s most extraordinary talent from Savannah auditions on Wednesday, Jan. 18 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) and Pittsburgh auditions on Thursday, Jan. 19 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT). Auditions from San Diego will be featured on a special, extended primetime broadcast of AMERICAN IDOL Sunday, Jan. 22 (10:00-11:00 PM ET/7:00-8:00 PM PT), following the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME (6:00 PM-CC ET live/3:00 PM-CC PT live) on FOX.

Ford returns as the official automotive sponsor of AMERICAN IDOL. As a leading partner since the show’s debut in 2002, Ford will continue to engage AMERICAN IDOL fans with unique and exclusive content throughout the upcoming season. Once again, Ford vehicles and the AMERICAN IDOL finalists will be featured each week in Ford music videos, airing Thursday nights. This original content, along with candid “making of” segments featuring the contestants, will also be available on www.americanidol.com. In addition, Ford will launch an all-new online promotion, offering fans an exclusive chance to win the ultimate AMERICAN IDOL experience. More details will be announced shortly.

AMERICAN IDOL will continue to serve as a key platform for a variety of Ford vehicles, including the all-new 2013 Ford Escape. Ford will award a brand-new vehicle to both the runner-up and Season 11 AMERICAN IDOL winner.

For the 11th season of AMERICAN IDOL, Coca-Cola is offering programs that bring families together to enjoy moments of happiness and fun. AMERICAN IDOL is the kickoff platform for the Coca-Cola Family Night program, which presents activities and recipes throughout January and February that encourage families to “make tonight a family night.” They will also launch the new “Coca-Cola Music Cover Artwork” contest. Fans can develop their own special music cover graphics at www.mycokerewards.com/family and they could win a trip to attend the live AMERICAN IDOL finale. Coming back for a second year is the popular Perfect Harmony program that provides teens and young adults the opportunity to write a song with an award winning artist. This innovative collaboration will culminate in an incredible performance on the biggest stage in Hollywood during an AMERICAN IDOL broadcast. In addition, Coca-Cola will share exclusive behind-the-scenes content online at www.mycokerewards.com and www.americanidol.com, providing fans with an inside look at the contestant experience. Other activities designed to enhance the AMERICAN IDOL experience will be featured in a variety of retail outlets across the country.

AT&T returns this year to celebrate its 10th anniversary as the official wireless sponsor of AMERICAN IDOL. Once again, AT&T makes voting easier and more convenient for its customers through exclusive unlimited text-voting during the voting window after each show.* Additionally, AT&T customers will benefit from unique access to their favorite IDOL moments through popular mobile phone content, including Vote Number Reminder, Social Sharing of Votes and Idol Trivia.* (*Messaging and/or data rates apply.)

AMERICAN IDOL is produced by 19 Entertainment, a division of CKX, Inc. and FremantleMedia North America, Inc. The series is created and executive-produced by Simon Fuller, CEO, XIX Entertainment, and executive-produced by Cecile Frot-Coutaz, CEO, FremantleMedia North America, Inc.; Ken Warwick, Executive Producer, FremantleMedia North America, Inc.; and Nigel Lythgoe, CEO, Nigel Lythgoe Productions. AMERICAN IDOL has been No. 1 among Adults 18-49 for the past eight consecutive seasons.

http://tvpressfeed.com/2012/01/fox-announces-sponsors-of-american-idol-2012/

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 06:47:15 PM »
The 2nd set of auditions begin in about 15 minutes for Eastern and Central time. (01/19/2012)  Did anyone stand out last night? There were several younger girls who stood out but I didn't keep track of their names, the only other one was Phillip Phillips who performed last and I did like the addition of his guitar. I'm not sure he can make it past Hollywood week.

Offline NavySealMotivator

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 02:53:02 PM »
The judges shouldn't have let go " Shane Bruce " from Moundsville so soon.  Sounded like he had a gifted voice that needed alittle help and i'm sure next time he was on stage could have done better.  I guess maybe next year for him.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 03:33:08 PM »
The audience for “American Idol”, the reality singing competition,  dropped by some 18 percent to 21.6 million viewers when the TV singing contest returned for its 11th season, according to early ratings figures on Thursday.
The drop was even bigger — about 27 percent – with viewers ranging from 18 to 49-year-olds, the audience group most coveted by advertisers, Nielsen figures showed.
But despite the fall-off, which Fox television executives said they had expected, the two-hour “American Idol” season premiere was still the most-watched show by a huge margin on U.S. television Wednesday night.
The 21.6 million viewers on Wednesday, compared to 26.2 million who watched the 2011 season premiere when new judges Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez made their first appearance for the 10th season.
Fox television chairman Kevin Reilly said last week that the network was expecting the audience for “American Idol” to be down this season because of the show’s age.
But media watchers say “Idol” — the most-watched show on U.S. television for seven years — faces the stiffest competition ever in 2012 with rival singing contests “The Voice” on NBC, and the debut season of “The X Factor” on Fox, which ended just one month ago.

http://empowerednews.net/american-idol-premiere-flops-in-ratings/1819348/

« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 03:52:15 PM by LoveRocked »

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 03:46:40 PM »
'American Idol': Gabi Carrubba's 'Sunday Morning' has gorgeous tone

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JRSfjx61VUw?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JRSfjx61VUw?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

"American Idol" kicked off its eleventh season Wednesday night (Jan. 18) with a stop in Savannah, Ga., where we met 16-year-old Gabi Carrubba. She chose Maroon 5's "Sunday Morning" for her audition and we were smitten.

She had the purest, most beautiful tone, it was absolutely lovely. We loved the small changes she made to the melody line. The judges were similarly complimentary. J-Lo also praised the changes, Steven said she "nailed it" and then she went through with three yes votes.

'American Idol': Joe Magrane's daughter Shannon auditions

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7k98cZkjVW4?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7k98cZkjVW4?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

"American Idol" was graced by its second progeny of a 1980s St. Louis Cardinals player when 15-year-old Shannon Magrane auditioned in Savannah. She is the daughter of Joe Magrane, a pitcher in the Majors from 1987 to 1996, finishing third in Rookie of the Year voting in '87.

Anyway. Shannon auditioned with "Hold on Me" by Etta James and we loved her cool, jazzy voice, especially considering her young age. The judges also praised her "nerves of steel" performing in front of her gaggle of friends and family.

There was also an outstandingly awkward moment when Steven Tyler tells Joe Magrane his daughter is hot. *headsmack* We hope to see her later on - she can duet with Nico Smith, son of Ozzie Smith. Ozzie and Shannon's dad Joe played together on the St. Louis Cardinals.

'American Idol': Amy Brumfield goes from the tent to Hollywood

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hgUQDhokObg?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hgUQDhokObg?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

"American Idol" found a rather interesting girl in Amy Brumfield, whom Jennifer Lopez dubbed a "hipsy" (a hippie and a gypsy). She is out of work and her husband works odd jobs and because they can't really afford anything, they live in a tent in the woods. For real. It doesn't seem like a necessarily sad story, though - she's kind of a gypsy girl and prefers to be happy and out in the woods rather than miserable and indoors.

For her audition, she does Alicia Keys' "Superwoman" and it's startlingly soulful. We should've assumed that a Tennessee woods gypsy would be soulful, but still. Lovely.

The judges also love it. Steven Tyler says, "The spirits and the children of the woods snuck into you." What did you think, "Idol" fans? Were you a fan of Amy Brumfield?

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/american-idol/index.html

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 03:57:03 PM »
'American Idol': Phillip Phillips' 'Thriller,' 'Superstition' win the night

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7I14mSyh5GE?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7I14mSyh5GE?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

"American Idol" may have found its winner in Phillip Phillips. Let's run it down - he's super cute, he plays the guitar, his Southern/kinda country and guess what? He can sing and play really well, too, so that's just a bonus.

For his audition, since they can't use instruments, Phillip did "Superstition" and reminded of a less affected and cuter Casey Abrams. Then the Randy told him to get his guitar and he did a wonderful cover of "Thriller." Awesome. Cannot wait to see more of this kid.

We could even put aside that his name is Phillip Phillips (which someone up the chain of command should answer for). What did you think, "Idol" fans? Awesome, right?

Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl: 'Music is more' than 'American Idol' or 'The Voice'

Dave Grohl admits his Foo Fighters schedule doesn't leave him much time to check out TV's singing competitions.

Which isn't to say he doesn't have an opinion about them. The frontman for the long-popular band -- which has Album of the Year and Best Rock Album (for "Wasting Light") among its six nominations in the 54th Annual Grammy Awards, airing Sunday, Feb. 12, on CBS -- has views both positive and not-so-positive of such shows as FOX's "American Idol" and NBC's "The Voice."

"Anything musical, I support," former Nirvana drummer Grohl tells Zap2it. "I think it's wonderful that people get a chance to celebrate music when they watch those shows, and maybe discover songs they've never heard before and get personally invested in someone's path.

"But honestly, people need to know music is more than that, more than commercials and more than bright lights and television and glamor. Music starts from the heart, in your living room and at school. It's great that those shows inspire people to want to go out and sing themselves, but one thing I think is dangerous is that in some way, it uses that as an example for a career."

In fact, Grohl stresses, "I don't think music should be a career option. I honestly don't. I got lucky. I won the lottery, but I think people should play music for the sake of playing music ... and it should be its own reward. When I look at those shows, I understand those people are trying to do really well, but music's not a contest. And it's not a TV show. It's real."

And it comes from having a certain background, Grohl believes: "My stuff comes from keg parties and sweaty nightclubs and having the singer jump on top of your head during the chorus. That's why I'm so passionate about it. It's not because I won a TV contest and somebody gave me a million dollars. Music is a lot deeper."

With Foo Fighters concerts slated for Japan and Argentina in the coming months, Grohl likely won't be paying much "Idol" or "Voice" attention this time, either.  "If I have five seconds, I try to close my eyes and take a nap," he confirms. "That's the story of my life."

'American Idol': Reed Grimm's 'Family Matters' theme song a brilliant choice

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/P-p_mWuqP9g?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/P-p_mWuqP9g?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

We've made no secret of the fact over the years that we want "American Idol" to do a TV show theme song night. (What? Like that'd be any worse than some of the other "themes" they've done over the years. Remember when they did "songs Gwen Stefani has, like, heard on the radio ever" theme night?).

So we got a little bit of our wish when Reed Grimm auditioned with the theme song from "Family Matters." We love the weird scatting Casey Abrams thing he has going on, plus he's super adorable.

The judges were also impressed. Steven called him "crazy" and "genius," while J.Lo said, "The mark of a great performer is you never know what they're gonna do ... and you have that."

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/01/american-idol-reed-grimms-family-matters-theme-song-a-brilliant-choice.html

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2012, 04:00:51 PM »
'American Idol': Eben Franckewitz's 'Ain't No Sunshine' and his cuteness

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WccMpm7ZjHA?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WccMpm7ZjHA?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Eben Franckewitz is the latest 15-year-old to grace the "American Idol" seal for auditions. He's cute as a bug in a rug and he brought with him his equally cute and super supportive parents, which is wonderful. Everyone should be so lucky as to have parents like that.

For his audition, he tore up some "Ain't No Sunshine" and our only quibble was that he didn't get to sing longer. We wanted him to get to the "And I know, I know, I know ... leave the young thing alone." But anyway, it was wonderful.

Jennifer said of the audition, "Some people just have it, some people are just born to do it. I think that's you" and Randy praised his "Natural, God-given gift that is pretty amazing and spot-on."

'American Idol': Erika Van Pelt's smoky alto impresses everyone

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JMXQPMJFSiU?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JMXQPMJFSiU?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Sure, it's impressive to see 15- and 16-year-olds have these massive voices and talent. But we also like some of the 25+ crowd who can bring it (and usually with more gravitas). Case in point: Erika Van Pelt, who auditioned for "American Idol" with Carole King's "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?"

It was gorgeous. Erika has more than a little Carole King in her voice and we agree with Randy when he said, "This is how you do it. I love that you got this low alto, this low tone. Oh my god, all the turns, the phrases."

J.Lo and Steven also liked her whole persona. Steven called her "very sexy, very sure of yourself" and J.Lo added, "The voice matches her and it kind of all works together."

We hope to see a lot more of her moving forward.

'American Idol': Hallie Day recovers from suicide attempt to turn her life around

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ZwEg9kL_hU?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8ZwEg9kL_hU?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Hallie Day and her story of overcoming addiction and a suicide attempt was saved for the last audition on Thursday's (Jan. 19) "American Idol." We think it's great that she was able to turn her life around and we thought she had a nice voice.

However. We didn't love her choice of "I Will Survive." When Steven Tyler actually asked for something else, we agreed with him, but she didn't have to sing anything else because everybody acted like Steven was being crazy. It just seemed a little forced to us.

J.Lo and Randy were all, "Really?" and "You haven't made up your mind that she's amazing?!" He covered by saying he likes watching her when she sings, but we kind of agreed with him. But she's good and deserved to go through.

What did you think?

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/american-idol/index.html

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2012, 04:01:41 PM »
American Idol" (17.8 million, 10.2/16) on Jan 19

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 08:56:14 PM »
I wish I was one that had watched the show. :'(  Is the show on Sunday a repeat or a new show?  We have not had cable or internet for 5 days.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 11:02:49 PM »
I wish I was one that had watched the show. :'(  Is the show on Sunday a repeat or a new show?  We have not had cable or internet for 5 days.

Can you use watch tv online. www.watchseries-online.com.. trying.. It's the show is new show! :)

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2012, 01:24:18 AM »
Thank you.  I tried the link but the internet still too slow here.  I guess I should be happy to have electricity.  Hoping it will be put on Demand next week.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2012, 09:33:31 AM »
The judges shouldn't have let go " Shane Bruce " from Moundsville so soon.  Sounded like he had a gifted voice that needed alittle help and i'm sure next time he was on stage could have done better.  I guess maybe next year for him.

I felt the same way, he was so devastated about what they said but he actually sang really well. I hope he tries again, working in a coal mine isn't what I'd want for a lifetime job. (Won't be because coal mining is going to go away.)

Welcome to RFF NavySealMotivator! 

:bigwelcome

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2012, 10:07:43 AM »
Thank you.  I tried the link but the internet still too slow here.  I guess I should be happy to have electricity.  Hoping it will be put on Demand next week.

Whoa! Sorry that you are having problems bee! I hope they have cleared things there for you! I just checked and we do have AI on demand, I didn't realize we had it!  :hoot: :hoot:

Tonight's show is brand new so set your DVR or Tivo! (Hoping you have access bee!)

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2012, 02:42:37 PM »
A girl from my high school made it into Hollywood. But she was only in the short little montage of people who made it.  :gaah:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2012, 08:54:39 PM »
A girl from my high school made it into Hollywood. But she was only in the short little montage of people who made it.  :gaah:

Let's hope she makes it into the final group!  Keep us informed of her progress!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2012, 09:17:32 PM »
The SF Giants and the NY Giants game has gone into overtime so AI will be delayed.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2012, 09:57:13 PM »
Overtime update: AI should start shortly, near the top of the hour because of commercials. 11PM ET, 10PM CT.

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2012, 04:05:25 AM »
I love Shannon!  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: Hope she makes it into the Top24.