Author Topic: Brandon You Actually Did It  (Read 5821 times)

Offline Kate04

• RFF Sr. Member
Brandon You Actually Did It
« on: December 19, 2011, 08:20:29 PM »
Brandon actually accomplished a main goal on Survivor and ironically he did it, on Redemption Island.  He wanted so badly to redeem the Hanz family name and although I did not care for the way he played the game earlier, his courage on RI IMO leads him to have accomplished that goal.

He can leave with his head held high.   You redeemed yourself, Brandon!  Enjoy your life!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 08:30:26 PM by Kate04 »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: Brandon You Actually Did It
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 10:17:59 PM »
I felt sorry for him, he was all alone last night except for his uncle who sat in the audience stone faced and when asked said Brandon played a stupid game.  :cmas29
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Kate04

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 01:57:09 AM »

Texas Lady - I know what you mean.  What does that speak of the Hanz family that no one came out to support him?   What it also shows me is one reason why Brandon had to play an absurdly different game in order to break from the Hanz name.  I hope he finds peace within his family of his wife and children. 

Russell still scowls and frowns . . .  Couldn't even show a minute of pride in any part of the game (ie the challenges) that Brandon played.  :cmas5

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 10:24:33 AM »
The only good thing about Brandon's game is he remained loyal. And I certainly respected that.

But what I didn't respect was through this process, he hurt MANY people's feelings - namely, Mikayla, Dawn, Whitney... then Edna.

It's like if a man killed a rich man accidentally while robbing him for money to heal his sick wife, no matter if the intention was meant to be good and not evil, the man still committed a crime and should be punished for it.

Brandon's intention was good to want to uphold and change his family's name. I certainly buy his story for the first few episodes and even wanted people to give him a break for his little breakdowns. But when it came to a point where it was just too much, I guess I grew sick of him. Really sick.

Did he play a good game? No he did not. Did he change the family name? No he did not. Did he worsen the family name? I guess he did. At least in the past when people spoke to the family about being a Hantz, they can just say Russell's just playing a game of Survivor and is actually a really nice man in real life. But now, with 2 HANTZ ruining the family's name... it gets a little harder to convince people that the Hantz family is actually a family of good people. And it doesn't help that Papa Brandon seemed to be a little too aggressive during the family visit too.

Brandon took a risk to want to change the way people think about his family. He played a game, he didn't manage to do so... so he must be prepared to face criticisms and ridicule. I just hope this helps him to become an even better person in life and that he will learn and change from this life experience. :cmas16

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 10:49:31 AM »
I said it before and I'll say it again: Brandon is just a poor confused boy trying to be a man, who has no business being on Survivor. However, I will still respect him more than his uncle. :res: Or his father. :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 03:00:03 PM »
Well, according to his Twitter, his dad couldn't make it because he had to take care of all the kids. 
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline Kate04

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 11:34:26 PM »
I said it before and I'll say it again: Brandon is just a poor confused boy trying to be a man, who has no business being on Survivor. However, I will still respect him more than his uncle. :res: Or his father. :lol:

Agreeing with you; and in this respect he showed that a Hanz can rise above the "lowlifeness" of his Uncle and even his father.

Don't forget guys, he is a kid - he is only 19!!!  He has clearly not matured and seemed more like a lost child than a Survivor contestant.  He seemed as lost at the reunion show as he did during the last half of the season.  I hope he can pull his life together.

Having said this, he does owe Makayla an apology and I do not know where all of that was coming from.  Unless he was attracted to her and he could not handle that fact. 

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 11:43:58 PM »
Having said this, he does owe Makayla an apology and I do not know where all of that was coming from.  Unless he was attracted to her and he could not handle that fact.

I suspect it was something like this too. :cmas5

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 11:59:04 PM »
Brandon redeemed it; then Russell destructed it.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Laz_x

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 05:59:39 AM »
Brandon is an idiot, he was not ready for the game and didnt grasp the concept. God doesn't play survivor people do. How dare he,and the others who followed try and win challenges by praying to God, Brandon should have went
home earlier, IMHO

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2011, 11:13:54 PM »
I think Brandon is a conflicted person and immature, he's only 19. I also think he was too young to be on Survivor. His dealings with Makayla showed us that he has problems, what they are I cannot say but there is something that he needs to work on, most definitely he was attracted to her.

I wonder if Russell wasn't playing the villain role at the finale. He did nothing but glower whenever the camera was on him.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 04:56:10 AM »
I wonder if Russell wasn't playing the villain role at the finale. He did nothing but glower whenever the camera was on him.

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 11:54:39 AM »
most definitely he was attracted to her

I completely agree with you. And that was why he felt "threatened", felt as if he let down his wife and kids... wanted to vote her out to minimize the distraction. :cmas11

If anyone needs a second shot or get completely ripped off by doing nothing wrong in this entire season, it is Mikayla. Her departure was uncalled for.