Author Topic: Brendan and Rachel on TAR **please read post 1**  (Read 27520 times)

paldog123456

Re: Brendan and Rachel on TAR **please read post 1**
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2011, 05:53:10 PM »
I like the cross-over. It adds an element of gameplay and makes for good TV.

As long as there aren't like 5 cross-overs. :cmaslol

I think 1 cross-over is a good balance. :cmas16

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2011, 12:43:53 AM »
I am a purist and am not fond of it either. Ordinary people...extraordinary things.

But Rachel will be entertaining to watch, I am sure!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2011, 09:11:19 AM »
I am a purist and am not fond of it either. Ordinary people...extraordinary things.

That and "you don't need five chances at winning a grand prize on a reality show".
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline nyluvs

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2011, 09:30:14 PM »
Rachel & Brendon are back in the US, specifically North Carolina, where Rachel is from. Brendon sure loves that green shirt  :cmas19 Soooo does this look like the faces of a winner? Hmm

selenaharris Selena Kerr
Ran into @rachelereilly and @brendonvbb12 at the airport in NC at 6am, they were soooo nice, made my moms day :) http://pic.twitter.com/SSViu5oP

@deeluvs on Twitter

"Expectation is the root of all heartache"
William Shakespeare

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2011, 01:10:02 AM »
Rachel & Brendon are back in the US, specifically North Carolina, where Rachel is from. Brendon sure loves that green shirt  :cmas19 Soooo does this look like the faces of a winner? Hmm

selenaharris Selena Kerr
Ran into @rachelereilly and @brendonvbb12 at the airport in NC at 6am, they were soooo nice, made my moms day :) http://pic.twitter.com/SSViu5oP

Hmmm, Good question Dee...They look pretty happy to me!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2011, 09:28:58 AM »
Update on Brendon and Rachel....

Rachel has only been posting one tweet per day since the race ended. They have been in NC to celebrate Christmas with her family.

Today, she, Brendon and her family are headed to Orlando for a few days to go to Disney World. Then, she and Brendon are heading to Miami to ring in the New Year's with Andrew.

Will follow up with any new info.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2011, 09:50:03 PM »
They look like a really nice team and quoting Cocoa, I haven't seen these people before on Big Brother so I'm fine with them crossing over to TAR. HOWEVER, I would love it for some TAR racers to infiltrate Survivor as well if they're polluting my show with other contestants of other CBS shows. :cmaslol

Wouldn't judge them before watching the race.. they're not Romber or Russell or Allison... but not a fan of them as of now YET. I still prefer ORDINARY people who worked their asses off and applied like 8 times just to get on the show. #TammyGaghan. :cmas22 :cmas16

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2011, 09:59:03 PM »
Just watched several episodes of BB-13, "ONLY" to get to know who are these 2 people...
So far in BB game, they're indeed dominating pretty much all of the competitions and had a really strong bond between the two (as they were engaged anyway..) But I don't know how they will do in TAR..
Brendon I think has the brawn and the physical, while Rachel also smart and good in negotiating things..  :cmaslol
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2011, 10:58:41 PM »
BB 13 was their second consecutive season on BB; they were on BB 12 as well (which is how they originally met and became a couple.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2011, 09:34:23 AM »
Just watched several episodes of BB-13, "ONLY" to get to know who are these 2 people...
So far in BB game, they're indeed dominating pretty much all of the competitions and had a really strong bond between the two (as they were engaged anyway..) But I don't know how they will do in TAR..
Brendon I think has the brawn and the physical, while Rachel also smart and good in negotiating things..  :cmaslol

You clearly need to watch more BB because they are a trainwreck. Just wait until you get to the Rachel outbursts.

Offline Lexie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2011, 09:48:28 AM »

You clearly need to watch more BB because they are a trainwreck. Just wait until you get to the Rachel outbursts.

The only thing worse than Rachel's outbursts is Brenden's temper.  They take trainwreck to a whole new level.  I grew to like Rachel on BB13 after Brenden was evicted the second time - but when the two of them are together, they are painful to watch.

Offline sox15

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2011, 09:06:07 PM »
Given the BB seasons, I still like them.  I think TAR is a perfect fit because they're both competitive and athletic.  BB is so scripted; I highly doubt you'll get the same Rachel on TAR.  I'm actually looking forward to watching them on TAR.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2011, 03:45:17 PM »
FYI, I should have been posting the pictures on their thread at the Big Brother board since it has nothing to do with TAR. I've posted a couple more over there. But remember, if you are posting something about Brendon and Rachel that is TAR-related, post HERE, not on the BB thread. Thanks!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2011, 04:12:58 PM »
As Will says, we are going to keep this thread for TAR related comments and news only.

If you have any pics or updates that are NON-TAR related, please post them here:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26308.0.html

Just keep in mind that until the cast reveal, that is a SPOILER FREE zone!!

Thanks!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2012, 07:35:57 PM »
Hate them  (:;) (:;) (:;)
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Paisley

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Vintagerie Ephemera Ye Olde Curio Shoppe
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2012, 11:44:16 PM »
Drive-by post as I'm not a traditional fan of TAR...

Whenever TAR has past BB houseguests, I always watch. 

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2012, 07:14:40 AM »
hopefully they're better than Jeff and Jordan. :tup:

Offline rockhopper78

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2012, 09:14:42 PM »
I have been sickened ever since I found out this disgusting wretched team was on this upcoming season. I can't stand Rachel to the point she makes me want to commit violent acts. It is not good for my health just looking at them, so please where can I find info as to if they win or not? I have seen every episode of TAR but I will skip this season if they end up making it to the end and winning. I can't even stomach the thought of their smugness. I don't want to know any other spoilers, that's why I don't just go into the actual spoiler thread.

So is there a PM system or somewhere I can see just to find out if they win or not?
Survivor 26 favorites: Brenda Lowe (so lovely), Sherri, Malcolm, Reynold

Survivor all time favs: Kim Spradlin, Parvati Shallow, Russell Hantz, Rob Cesternino, Brenda Lowe, Yul Kwon, Jonathan Penner, Richard Hatch

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2012, 09:18:38 PM »
We know less about outcomes and even the race route for AR20 than we typically have in recent seasons. Anyone that has the information you seek is certainly going to not share it. The last time sharing outcomes was done in a big way (AR11 All Stars), the result was a season with little of interest to watch.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2012, 12:08:35 AM »
Everyone, please do remember! THIS IS A NO SPOILER ZONE.

Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline rockhopper78

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2012, 04:08:41 AM »
Everyone, please do remember! THIS IS A NO SPOILER ZONE.

Thanks!

Oh sorry, I thought this was in the Amazing Race spoiler forum? Anyways, yeah I see there's a separate thread on spoilers that's stickied, I just want to avoid seeing other spoilers. I just thought this site was known for having accurate elimination orders from previous seasons. At least that's what I've always assumed from the RFF podcast. I've never ventured into TAR spoilers to check. I had seen a post or two somewhere speculating on the outcome of Brenchal this season from eyewitnesses during the race, and thought this forum would know if it was true or not. But I'll leave it at that to avoid spoiling anything.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 04:17:44 AM by rockhopper78 »
Survivor 26 favorites: Brenda Lowe (so lovely), Sherri, Malcolm, Reynold

Survivor all time favs: Kim Spradlin, Parvati Shallow, Russell Hantz, Rob Cesternino, Brenda Lowe, Yul Kwon, Jonathan Penner, Richard Hatch

Offline Starrcade

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2012, 04:28:59 AM »
Even though I'm cool with Brenchel coming into TAR20, I'm more of a bigger fan of seeing new teams being formed.

I predict (NOT A SPOILER. PREDICT) that they'll finish either fourth or fifth. Maybe the top 3. Maybe.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2012, 06:42:32 PM »
As much as I love Brendon and Rachel (well, more Rachel), I do hope it doesn't become the Brenchel Show like TAR7 became the Romber Show.

A freakout or two per episode is fine, but I hope it's not all about them all the time.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2012, 06:54:07 AM »
I do hope it doesn't become the Brenchel Show like TAR7 became the Romber Show.
A freakout or two per episode is fine, but I hope it's not all about them all the time.
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2012, 06:55:54 AM »
Well the cast seems pretty meh in terms of entertainment, so we will NEED Rachel to spice the show up! <3