Author Topic: SURVIVOR 24- ONE WORLD **General Spoilers**  (Read 21964 times)

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
SURVIVOR 24- ONE WORLD **General Spoilers**
« on: December 19, 2011, 01:02:56 PM »
http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_one_world/2011_Oct_05_men-women-one-beach
The 24th season of Survivor will be called Survivor: One World, and its twist will feature tribes of men versus women who are separate but live on the same beach. There will be no returning cast members.

That’s according to a longtime Survivor Sucks poster known as castaway208, who identified the title and revealed the twist after giving clues, such as “What do [seasons] 5,6,9,10 and 14 have in common?” That person also revealed that there are no returnees.

The information seems trustworthy, especially because the title is confirmed by its appearance on the LinkedIn profile of another camera operator, as Sucks posters noticed. The season has completed production.

The “one world” twist represents another change to Survivor’s fundamental structure, but it’s not completely out of left field, of course, since we had Survivor Thailand’s fake merge. Like Redemption Island, though, which was a version of the Outcasts twist, this puts everyone on notice from day one rather than surprising them with it later. And this maintains the structure of the game, with two tribes competing, it just increases interaction that makes the post-merge game less likely to remain tribe versus tribe.

This will undoubtedly introduce an entirely new dynamic, but I’ve long wondered what would happen if they began with a single tribe, merged or separate, so I’m really curious how it plays out, and think this could be an awesome twist. (Then again, I also was thrilled by the idea of Redemption Island, and now I just want it to die so reward challenges can return.) If producers mix up and separate the tribes at some point, that could further impact the dynamic—though it would require a merge later on. And while I’m not a fan of separating tribes by sex, it does seem like a logical way for viewers and players to quickly and easily identify who’s on what tribe while they’re living together.

Some Survivor purists might not like this, but especially it spares us the return of he-who-shall-not-be-named or other has-beens, it’s a great way to try something new.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HgZnBYC5A3w?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HgZnBYC5A3w?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Tribes(Capped from Promo)

SALANI

MANONO
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 12:59:16 PM by Kandace »

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
Re: SURVIVOR 24- ONE WORLD
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 09:03:16 PM »
Can't wait! The last two seasons have been really boring after the merge, in my opinion, so this twist should hopefully prevent that happening again! :cmas16
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 09:57:00 AM »
I like the twist of two tribes living on the same camp. I've always wondered about that scenario too. And also, with 24 seasons.. I think this is one of the better twists I like, as compared to twist like Exile Island or Redemption Island. Kudos to the producer finally trying this out after 24 seasons.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 10:16:00 AM »
I think they tried something similar but only for a day in the season when Tom won, the one with Stephanie and Bobby John, where the one team annihilated the other. And then there were some alliances created.
It's a good twist because nothing can remain secret from the other team and we will see some interesting interactions (hopefully!).

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 10:26:35 PM »
I think they tried something similar but only for a day in the season when Tom won, the one with Stephanie and Bobby John, where the one team annihilated the other. And then there were some alliances created.
It's a good twist because nothing can remain secret from the other team and we will see some interesting interactions (hopefully!).

That happened because Ulong lost all the immunity challenges, leaving sole Steph to row her kayak over to join all the remaining members in the Koror tribe. It was like 8 vs 1? :cmaslol

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 11:50:14 PM »
Looks more like Big Brother then...
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Kate04

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 12:00:59 AM »
Looks more like Big Brother then...

except in BB they have a fully stocked kitchen and bar  :cmas26

Offline Kate04

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 12:02:48 AM »

The One World concept sounds like a fresh approach after having to endure RI.  RI is too predictable and the returnee cannot make it past the first lost challenge.  Not a good concept and I hope it's gone forever.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 12:48:56 AM »

That happened because Ulong lost all the immunity challenges, leaving sole Steph to row her kayak over to join all the remaining members in the Koror tribe. It was like 8 vs 1? :cmaslol

No I'm talking about the first day of the game. They were all together at the same beach, alliances were sprouting and then Jeff came and said " That's not your team, you are being divided now"

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 07:07:34 AM »

No I'm talking about the first day of the game. They were all together at the same beach, alliances were sprouting and then Jeff came and said " That's not your team, you are being divided now"

Oh.. right! I hated the first twist which sent two people home immediately! :cmas29

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 02:06:20 PM »
I'm glad they got rid of RI. It was just an excuse for Survivor to market their 22nd season. It was boring BECAUSE THE SAME PERSON WON WEEK AFTER WEEK. The only person to break that streak was Christine  :'(

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 02:24:13 PM »
Gang,

I am currently in Samoa, and they are filming now in Samoa.  The crew is staying at a hotel called Aggie Grey's Resort and Spa.  This must be 24 as I believe 23 may have already wrapped.  I flew to Fiji yesterday for the day and on the plane were five of the cast members -- must have already been booted off.  They were not Coach or Ozzie.  It included a tall clean cut blond guy; a tattooed white girl with short, dark hair; a white girl with long dark hair; a slightly bearded short white guy with dark hair, and a black guy hair that was froish.  These folks were all young (under 40) and "actor looking."  They were accompanied on the trip to Fiji by a minder with an Australian accent (producer?).  Americans are hard to come by in this part of the world, so an American accent stands out.  This was not a group of friends travelling together.  I hired a driver in Fiji and he took me to a semi-secluded resort called "First Landing," where I ran across these Americans there.  They were the only folks in the place other than moi, who went to the spa.  The resort while I was there added security.  The staff were cagey about who these Americans were.  (There is also heavy security at Aggie Gray's).   I'm fairly certain these were booted castmates.  Your thoughts?

We had this info for some time. I think we might get to see some of those contestants in this season.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2011, 02:30:13 PM »
Good work kiki! I had completely forgotten about that. It's interesting that he said they were all under 40 and this is supposed to be a young vs old season.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Alfwin

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2011, 10:14:03 PM »
I don't think this is a young vs old season.Here's the link that might be the cast: http://www.survivorfever.net/s24_cast.html

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2011, 10:18:41 PM »
Already rooting for Nina.  :cmaslol

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2011, 11:35:21 PM »

She looks like one of my favourites as well, but I think I'll probably be cheering for Chelsea! (Although this will quite possibly change once we actually meet these people! :cmaslol )
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2011, 01:42:58 AM »
OMG They have the whole cast already. They are quick. :cmaslol

Offline Kate04

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2011, 03:13:53 AM »

Me too; she has a Christine, Dawn feel about her.  But in 20 seconds that could change!!

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2011, 05:39:47 AM »
For my first impressions, it is Jonas for the guys (I just feel he can be in for positive entertainment!) and Kourtney Moon (it just screams out Courtney Yates to me  :lol: but the HvV Courtney)
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2011, 09:07:57 PM »
Btw, seems to me there's a physical challenge in the promo, which might mean there would be a tribal shuffle or at least two teams/tribes of mixed gender.
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2011, 06:21:49 AM »
Cant wait

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2012, 02:25:16 PM »

logo <33

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2012, 07:46:17 PM »
I love the teal! But enough with the skulls already! I think they're in EVERY SINGLE LOGO! (well, almost all of them...)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2012, 03:49:55 PM »
Teaser!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/T9rNx5hnQc0?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/T9rNx5hnQc0?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2012, 03:53:34 PM »
wooh teaser