Author Topic: The Amazing Race: What If  (Read 603551 times)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Re: The Amazing Race: What If
« Reply #900 on: January 13, 2014, 10:20:21 PM »
In TAR 21, if after RB task all team required to Pabean Fish Market to find next clue (Skip Wijaya Motor shop), I thought Gary/Will would be eliminated because of RB problem unless other team had a cab problem, who would win a second leg and given an EP, what happen for Amy/Daniel

Indonesia 2 is much more boring, Caitlin & Brittany are eliminated.
Bangladesh 1, Rob & Kelley are eliminated.
Bangladesh 2 NEL.
Turkey GGF eliminated  :conf:
Russia 1 NEL
Russia 2 Jabba eliminated
Netherlands Abby & Ryan eliminated
From here on it's anyone's game but this produces a much more desirable winner than the real results of TAR21

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #901 on: January 14, 2014, 05:29:58 AM »
What if the Express Pass rule changed from 'Can only be used before the end of the leg 8' to 'Can be used at any leg before the finale'. How would this affect the team that get it? Since they will use it more carefully.

As I can clearly think is the ER team from recent season. They'll probably use it on Bandung I RB or Japan RB instead of waste it on the UAE detour just because they have to use it. And the other case was Twinnie from S21, they wouldn't use it on Russia RB (so they may struggle a bit but I don't think they'll struggle for about 4 hours to let other team catch up). But they would use it on Spain RB/Detour to avoid the last place and not getting the speedbum in France. Which mean they will have a chance to win million buck.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #902 on: January 14, 2014, 05:31:44 AM »
TAR19 - Nothing I believe
TAR20 - Nothing again
TAR21 - NaNa beat out GGF definitely
TAR22 - Nothing because they all quit before the finale
TAR23 - Nothing because they all make it to the F3 anyway

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #903 on: January 15, 2014, 08:00:03 PM »
In TAR 19, if Bill & Cathi U-turned Andy & Tommy in leg 8, Jeremy &Sandy  would be eliminated in leg 8 and what happen in leg 11 when Jeremy & Sandy already eliminated

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #904 on: January 15, 2014, 08:15:51 PM »
In TAR 19, if Bill & Cathi U-turned Andy & Tommy in leg 8, Jeremy &Sandy  would be eliminated in leg 8 and what happen in leg 11 when Jeremy & Sandy already eliminated

IIRC, it's not u-turn that did them out. The father team got lost about 2 hours in Denmark. That's enough time for Jeremy & Sandy to survive since the detour wasn't that hard in both side.

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #905 on: January 17, 2014, 03:05:03 AM »
If in TAR 19 a penalty for team who finished in starting were Double U-Turn at the first detour rather than hazard task, would Kaylani & Lisa survive leg 2 even if they read the sign at orphanage camp

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #906 on: January 17, 2014, 03:54:26 AM »
If in TAR 19 a penalty for team who finished in starting were Double U-Turn at the first detour rather than hazard task, would Kaylani & Lisa survive leg 2 even if they read the sign at orphanage camp

Considering they were only 30 minutes ahead of third to last Amani & Marcus, I think they would be sadly out much earlier.

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #907 on: January 19, 2014, 08:35:13 AM »
Another question (TAR 21 3rd leg in Surabaya, Indonesia)
if the first train from Surabaya to Bangil had a machine failure and forced to stop to repair it, who would be eliminated in leg 3 and could Caitlin/Brittany go far
Hmm....
I think that the Beekmans would be eliminated in Leg 3. Gary/Will would be eliminated in Leg 4. If they cannot overcome the physical tasks in Leg 5, they would be NELed in Leg 5. Rob/Kelley eliminated in Leg 6 unless Caitlin/ Brittany's (possible) SB causes their elimination. If they do survive to Leg 7, James/Abba's passport & Abbie & Ryan's U-Turn would garuntee that they make it to the f4.
Sooooo either 7th or F4 should the 1st train have a failure.
Hi, two underdogs  teams (Monsters truck and substitute teachers) would finish in top 4 of leg 3 if the first train to Surabaya had a machine failure, and NaNa would win a second legs in a row but got leg 3 curse :funny:
But in this case who would be U-Turned!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #908 on: January 20, 2014, 03:28:15 AM »
Another question (TAR 21 3rd leg in Surabaya, Indonesia)
if the first train from Surabaya to Bangil had a machine failure and forced to stop to repair it, who would be eliminated in leg 3 and could Caitlin/Brittany go far
Hmm....
I think that the Beekmans would be eliminated in Leg 3. Gary/Will would be eliminated in Leg 4. If they cannot overcome the physical tasks in Leg 5, they would be NELed in Leg 5. Rob/Kelley eliminated in Leg 6 unless Caitlin/ Brittany's (possible) SB causes their elimination. If they do survive to Leg 7, James/Abba's passport & Abbie & Ryan's U-Turn would garuntee that they make it to the f4.
Sooooo either 7th or F4 should the 1st train have a failure.
Hi, two underdogs  teams (Monsters truck and substitute teachers) would finish in top 4 of leg 3 if the first train to Surabaya had a machine failure, and NaNa would win a second leg in a row but got leg 3 curse :funny:
But in this case who would be U-Turned!

Monster truckers would still u-turn sub teachers. If the 4 teams are unaware of the 1st train's delay, we'll see a "little" drama of 2 teams fighting for 3rd/4th. :crazy: :lol: Beekman would fall for 9th place (no curse since they weren't strong).

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #909 on: January 20, 2014, 09:09:29 AM »
So I think I've discovered the BIGGEST What If question EVER:wohoo:

What If...... Dana had completed the RB in Leg 1 of Season 16??

Ok, so at first this may not seem that major of a What If, but here's what I think could have happened!

Leg 1 - Had Dana chose to do the RB, they most likely would've survived, leading to Jody & Shannon being eliminated first.
With this in mind here's how I believe the rest of the race would play out and how future seasons would be affected by this.

Leg 2 - Louie & Michael eliminated
Leg 3 - Monique & Shawne eliminated
Leg 4 - NEL
Leg 5 - Without Louie & Michael to U-Turn Joe & Heidi, they would have survived, with a Jordan & Jeff elimination.
Leg 6 - As Jordan & Jeff already gone, either Caite & Brent, or Joe Heidi due to Joe's knee injury. I would guess Joe & Heidi survive here, as Brent & Caite missed the Detour, leading to elimination.
Leg 7 - NEL
Leg 8 - Steve & Allie or Joe & Heidi eliminated due to Joe's injury.
Leg 9 - Without Brent & Caite, Carol & Brandy would not be U-Turned, and would survive. Joe & Heidi or Steve & Allie would be eliminated.
Leg 10 - With Louie & Michael already eliminated, Dan & Jordan would be NEL, and then be eliminated Leg 11.

Leg 12 - This would leave a final 3 of Cowboys, Dana & Adrian and Carol & Brandy.
The Cowboys would most likely go on to win.

Therefore would NOT be invited back for Unfinished Business, and again for 24 All Stars, and people would remember them much more fondly with just a one season stint.

Without the Cowboys, Unfinished Business would have had another team return in their place and this could have changed everything about UB.
The same goes for 24 All Stars!

So there we have it, my mad, crazy What If question!!  :funny:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #910 on: January 20, 2014, 09:11:36 AM »
Do you think that Dana & Adrian could have made it to F3?

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #911 on: January 20, 2014, 09:35:50 AM »
Do you think that Dana & Adrian could have made it to F3?

Yea, I think they would have had a fair chance of making the F3, especially with all the mistakes other teams made throughout the race.
I know we can't say for sure, but I think they just had really bad luck, and had the potential to be an extremely strong team.
Guess we'll never know now though!  :'(

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #912 on: January 21, 2014, 02:57:40 AM »
I have a feeling that they'll mess up in the F8. :(

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #913 on: January 21, 2014, 03:01:04 AM »
What if Eric & Lisa made it past the starting line? (Lance & Keri = 12th) And what if they showed a great reputation on TV, making them race in TAR18, let's say replacing FT&BE?

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #914 on: January 21, 2014, 03:46:14 AM »
if Dave & Connor didn't forget heir snorkeling gear back on the beach therefore they didn't waste their precious time to go back, I thought they go to Motu Tapu first and Dave wouldn't be achilles tendon in foot race to pitstop mat
Several question arose
1)Who would be received 2nd EP from Jessica & John (a team from former alliance or newly formed alliance)
2)What detour would cancer survivors choose in leg 3
3)Who would be U-Turned in leg 5
4)If cancer survivors survived leg 5, who would choose fast forward in leg 7 (cancer survivors or hokey bros)

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #915 on: January 21, 2014, 04:19:33 AM »
What if Eric & Lisa made it past the starting line? (Lance & Keri = 12th) And what if they showed a great reputation on TV, making them race in TAR18, let's say replacing FT&BE?

I don't really know their performance but let's predict.
Leg 1 - NEL
Leg 2 - With their ULTIMATE yoga skill. :funny: I think they can calmly handle the duck RB well.
Leg 3 - They'll be safe if they choose the easy side of detour.
Leg 4 - Passport Losing sent Zev & Justin home.
Leg 5 - Lance & Keri go home here. I think due to getting lost? But my money is on they can beat Mika & Canaan. So the singer go home.
Leg 6 - Since there's no more Mika nervous breakdown. FT&BE go home.
Leg 7 - HELL detour sent Poker home.
Leg 8 - NEL
Leg 9 - Gary & Matt misunderstanding RB sent them home.
Leg 10 - NEL
Leg 11 - I think Brian & Ericka had a lot problem at the beer detour and even get a penalty off scenes so they'll out here.
Leg 12 - F3 with Eric & Lisa instead Brian & Ericka. But the winner is not change anyway.

And if they WERE in UB.  :funny:
Based on their sucky ability at DETAILED task. I assume they will last again at starting line task, got automatic u turn, and out in Leg2 instead Amanda & Kris.
Leg 3 - MelMike go home due to hypothermia.
Leg 4 - TBC
Leg 5 - Amanda & Kris MAY got u-turned by Jamie & Cara since FT&BE wasn't in this season anymore. But at the end of the day, the cheerleader still go home. That RB was pretty brutal.
Leg 6 - Luke breakdown.
Leg 7 - Ron meltdown.
Leg 8 - NEL
Leg 9 - At this point, it's hard to predict since anything could happen the entire leg. But assume Amanda & Kris had some alliances with Kisha & Jen (from same season) and they shared the answer together. The cowboy still go home.  :funny:
Leg 10 - Since there is no FT&BE, no one mess with the goth team so they probably read the clue clearly. Which mean Zev & Justin goodbye.
Leg 11 - It all come down to who performed the samba RB. It will be fighting for the last spot in F3 between the goth, Kisha & Gen and Amanda & Kris. With anyone get in, will make the finale BETTER THAN FT&BE A LOT!
Leg 12 - Anyone can win since it was so crappy. Based a lot on luck and taxi.

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #916 on: January 21, 2014, 04:32:37 AM »
if Dave & Connor didn't forget heir snorkeling gear back on the beach therefore they didn't waste their precious time to go back, I thought they go to Motu Tapu first and Dave wouldn't be achilles tendon in foot race to pitstop mat
Several question arose
1)Who would be received 2nd EP from Jessica & John (a team from former alliance or newly formed alliance)
4)If cancer survivors survived leg 5, who would choose fast forward in leg 7 (cancer survivors or hokey bros)

1) Don't sure. But I think JJ will give EP to them anyway.
2) They'll probably do the Car detour. Also, they won't waste their EP here too.
3) Due to JJ idiotic EP, I still think YouTube and Derby mom still be their target. But since they don't quit here. Chuck & Wynona go home.
4) I think hockey will still get it. HockyBro run both Botswana legs flawlessly

I think this incident lead to a lot of change, this is what I think:
Since Chuck & Wynona go home in Vietnam. So YouTube will go out earlier in Swiss. Which lead to Derby mom go home in Scotland. Then Jennifer RB problem will kick the country out in Ireland. So the father & son HAVE a chance to win million buck. But then they won't be called back for All Star.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #917 on: January 21, 2014, 06:47:33 AM »
Several question arose

1) Don't sure. But I think JJ will give EP to them anyway.
2) They'll probably do the Car detour. Also, they won't waste their EP here too.
3) Due to JJ idiotic EP, I still think YouTube and Derby mom still be their target. But since they don't quit here. Chuck & Wynona go home.
4) I think hockey will still get it. HockyBro run both Botswana legs flawlessly

I think this incident lead to a lot of change, this is what I think:
Since Chuck & Wynona go home in Vietnam. So YouTube will go out earlier in Swiss. Which lead to Derby mom go home in Scotland. Then Jennifer RB problem will kick the country out in Ireland. So the father & son HAVE a chance to win million buck. But then they won't be called back for All Star.

1.) Due to EP alliance, JJ will still give Team Cancer the EP.
2.) Car detour definitely. And you're right Keepcopz, they wouldn't waste their EP on leg 3. :)
3.) As long as Team Cancer is part of the big u-turn alliance, it is safe to say that they wouldn't be the u-turn target.
4.) Same with Keepcopz's answer.

About JJ and the EP... if Team Cancer didn't have to quit, JJ would have a 50% chance of using the EP. As what I can remember, their reason for not using the EP is they thought that Derby Moms are probably behind them and Team Cancer could quit anytime. So if they used it on leg 4...
Chynona'd be out in 9th (no curse). Team Cancer won't have to quit, the u-turn victim depends on Pwinnie if they will choose YouTube or JJ. Then YouTube or JJ will choose the weakest possible team left (no more Chynona). If I had to choose who the weakest team is, I'd pick the country singers. Anyone who receives the 2nd u-turn is sure to be out in 8th. It's very hard to predict who'll be booted out in 8th if both Team Cancer and Team JJ race the Vietnam leg. :umn:

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #918 on: January 21, 2014, 01:43:27 PM »
Here's a few quick ones I thought off,

1 - What if Chuck & Wynona used the sled for the cheese in Leg 8, and didn't receive a penalty?

2 - What if James & Abba didn't get their passports stolen?

3 - What if Amanda & Kris had beat Gary & Mallory at the Starting Line task, giving Gallory the automatic U-Turn instead?

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #919 on: January 21, 2014, 04:00:18 PM »

1 - What if Chuck & Wynona used the sled for the cheese in Leg 8, and didn't receive a penalty?

3 - What if Amanda & Kris had beat Gary & Mallory at the Starting Line task, giving Gallory the automatic U-Turn instead?

1. Since Mona & Beth were the real U-Turn targets in Leg 10, Chynona in F4. Not sure what would happen in Edinburgh because Wynona will likely have to do the Bog Snorkeling :lol:

2. Not really sure, but most likely Beekmans out in 6th and Abbie & Ryan get Twinnied so they probably make F4, idk if they could be F3 though.

3. TBH, Ron/Christina out in 11th :/

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #920 on: January 21, 2014, 04:37:53 PM »

I don't really know their performance but let's predict.
Leg 1 - NEL
Leg 2 - With their ULTIMATE yoga skill. :funny: I think they can calmly handle the duck RB well.
Leg 3 - They'll be safe if they choose the easy side of detour.
Leg 4 - Passport Losing sent Zev & Justin home.
Leg 5 - Lance & Keri go home here. I think due to getting lost? But my money is on they can beat Mika & Canaan. So the singer go home.
Leg 6 - Since there's no more Mika nervous breakdown. FT&BE go home.
Leg 7 - HELL detour sent Poker home.
Leg 8 - NEL
Leg 9 - Gary & Matt misunderstanding RB sent them home.
Leg 10 - NEL
Leg 11 - I think Brian & Ericka had a lot problem at the beer detour and even get a penalty off scenes so they'll out here.
Leg 12 - F3 with Eric & Lisa instead Brian & Ericka. But the winner is not change anyway.

And if they WERE in UB.  :funny:
Based on their sucky ability at DETAILED task. I assume they will last again at starting line task, got automatic u turn, and out in Leg2 instead Amanda & Kris.
Leg 3 - MelMike go home due to hypothermia.
Leg 4 - TBC
Leg 5 - Amanda & Kris MAY got u-turned by Jamie & Cara since FT&BE wasn't in this season anymore. But at the end of the day, the cheerleader still go home. That RB was pretty brutal.
Leg 6 - Luke breakdown.
Leg 7 - Ron meltdown.
Leg 8 - NEL
Leg 9 - At this point, it's hard to predict since anything could happen the entire leg. But assume Amanda & Kris had some alliances with Kisha & Jen (from same season) and they shared the answer together. The cowboy still go home.  :funny:
Leg 10 - Since there is no FT&BE, no one mess with the goth team so they probably read the clue clearly. Which mean Zev & Justin goodbye.
Leg 11 - It all come down to who performed the samba RB. It will be fighting for the last spot in F3 between the goth, Kisha & Gen and Amanda & Kris. With anyone get in, will make the finale BETTER THAN FT&BE A LOT!
Leg 12 - Anyone can win since it was so crappy. Based a lot on luck and taxi.

So you are assuming that a team who failed right at the beginning of their race would run flawlessly on two different races and hitting F3 twice? Yes, I see... #BigNoNo

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #921 on: January 21, 2014, 10:11:45 PM »
From TAR19 to TAR 23 if the producers replaced W-Turn by Double Yield, what would happen for yielded team

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #922 on: January 22, 2014, 04:52:33 AM »

1. Since Mona & Beth were the real U-Turn targets in Leg 10, Chynona in F4. Not sure what would happen in Edinburgh because Wynona will likely have to do the Bog Snorkeling :lol:

2. Not really sure, but most likely Beekmans out in 6th and Abbie & Ryan get Twinnied so they probably make F4, idk if they could be F3 though.

1. I think... Country Girls would flunk worse at the bog snorkeling rb. Chynona will most probably be in the F3, but they'll most likely finish in 3rd... wait a minute... there's a luck task on the final leg. Therefore, they have a slight chance of winning.  :umn:

2. NaNa's "can not drive manual" problem would make Jabba be in the F3. They also have a chance of winning.

3. Gallory will EP the detour and here's how things'll go:
11th: Ron & Christina
10th: Mel & Mike
9th: Jaime & Cara (Even if Gallory does not have the EP in leg 5, they'll still survive.)
8th: Margie & Luke
7th: Kent & Vyxsin
6th: Cowboys
5th: Zev & Justin
4th: FT & BE
F3: All the teams at the "last" flight during the first leg. (because I think Amanda & Kris will survive anyway)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #923 on: January 22, 2014, 04:57:26 AM »
From TAR19 to TAR 23 if the producers replaced W-Turn by Double Yield, what would happen for yielded team

TAR19:
Leg 7: The most boring w-turn of TAR history. (nothing happens)
Leg 8: nothing changes
TAR20:
TAR21:
Leg 3: nothing changes
Leg 9: nothing changes
TAR22:
Leg 5: nothing changes
Leg 10: nothing changes
TAR23:
Leg 5: nothing changes

Well... didn't see that coming. :stare

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #924 on: January 22, 2014, 05:12:03 AM »

1. I think... Country Girls would flunk worse at the bog snorkeling rb. Chynona will most probably be in the F3, but they'll most likely finish in 3rd... wait a minute... there's a luck task on the final leg. Therefore, they have a slight chance of winning.  :umn:

No because Wynona would have had to do the RB.