Author Topic: The Amazing Race: What If  (Read 603565 times)

Offline Felix

• RFF Full Member
Re: The Amazing Race: What If
« Reply #800 on: December 02, 2013, 09:35:19 PM »
What if in S23, Leg 9 is NEL and Leg 10 is elimination of 5th place?
Ally & Ashley finish last anyways because they are horrible racers.

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #801 on: December 02, 2013, 09:52:27 PM »
If Amy/Daniel had found an another cab and gone to Wijaya Motor Shop early, Gary Will would be eliminated due to struggle in RB task
Leg 3 Catlin/Brittany goes home due to cyclo rider problem
Leg 4 without Gary/Will, trexi eliminates because of taxi problem (two times), this will be broken alliance between Twinnie and Trexi )-**
Leg 5 NEL
Leg 6 Monster Truck gets out unless Amy/Daniel also uses subway rather than taxi
The problems would begin in leg 7, if the dating on and off couple take a flight via another place, they will rush to moscow early along with Rockers, Chipps and Twinnie and can complete alphabetized task (I wonder with the artifical legs she can or cant swim in Synchronized task), if they also missed flight in frankfurt along with Abbie/Ryan and beekman boys, they would force to complete synchronized task and might get 4 hours penalty along with beekman boys, they still survived leg 7 and 8 due to problem buti dont know amy/Daniel can complete RB task (calculate Russian time zones), I think in the detour they will choose shakers task because it is more easier
Leg 9 without trexi it depends Nana complete the entire legs or FF, if Nana completes FF the Chipps will U-Turn Abbie/Ryan, when Abbie/Ryan goes to U-Turn board and will U-Turn beekman boys force both of them go back to complete the remaining detour task and the dating divorcees will outrun beekman boys
Leg 10 Abbie will easily complete her RB task, if Amy forces to complete this task, she will face many difficulty and may finish last in NEL
Leg 11 Abbie/Ryan will survive this leg because of Amy/Daniel speed bump and Nana self-driving
Leg 12 it depend who completes this first RB, if Ryan Choose it, it will easily for Abbie in goodbye-hello task, in vice versa Ryan will face many difficulty in final ones

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #802 on: December 03, 2013, 03:41:35 AM »

Same question.

What if in S21, Leg 9 is NEL (Abbie & Ryan got saved and keep the $2 million) and Leg 10 is elimination of 5th place?

What if in Leg 10 of TAR21 has a double U-Turn and the Beekmans got U-Turned and eliminated?

S23:
Ally & Ashley wouldn't survive leg 10 unfortunately. :funny:

S21:
NaNa gets F5 boot. Beekman will be the F4 boot. Abbie & Ryan might've won in this case.

Offline JordanJones123

• RFF Full Member
  • Jet and Cord should have won!
« Reply #803 on: December 03, 2013, 08:08:37 AM »

Same question.

What if in S21, Leg 9 is NEL (Abbie & Ryan got saved and keep the $2 million) and Leg 10 is elimination of 5th place?

What if in Leg 10 of TAR21 has a double U-Turn and the Beekmans got U-Turned and eliminated?

S23:
Ally & Ashley wouldn't survive leg 10 unfortunately. :funny:

S21:
NaNa gets F5 boot. Beekman will be the F4 boot. Abbie & Ryan might've won in this case.

I think Ally and Ashley would survive. I'll be the first to admit that they are a mediocre team, but I'm pretty sure that they would easily complete the Make-Up detour - In this case, bye bye Leo and Jamal
Jet and Cord are still the best!!! Bring them back!

'Maybe God didn't bless me so much with talent, but he gave me try'

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #804 on: December 04, 2013, 03:52:06 AM »
TAR 15: Meghan & Cheyne would either use it on the 4th leg or on the haybales, but it would only affect their placement on leg 8. The episode title will also change.
TAR 16: Jordan & Jeff would use it either on the leg 3 detour or on the leg 4 detour. If leg 3, they'd still finish in 7th. If leg 4, Brent & Caite would replace them. Then they'd make it to the F5. Since Brent & Caite went home earlier, depending on who u-turns who... never mind, that's how far I can predict.
TAR 21: If Abbie & Ryan had one instead of the DYM... I think they'd use it on the Leg 5 rb. Then, Jaymes & James wouldn't necessarily u-turn them, but Trey & Lexi still would. And everything really depends on the u-turn on Leg 9.
If Abbie /Ryan ryan had EP, I thought the dating couple would use it in leg 8 RB, Ryan really struggle in this calculation Russian time zones, another question if Abbie completed leg 8 RB instead of Ryan and passed in first attempt they would start next leg about an hour earlier and might get a better flight and despite the U-turn they still ahead beekman boys

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #805 on: December 04, 2013, 04:53:26 AM »
TAR 15: Meghan & Cheyne would either use it on the 4th leg or on the haybales, but it would only affect their placement on leg 8. The episode title will also change.
TAR 16: Jordan & Jeff would use it either on the leg 3 detour or on the leg 4 detour. If leg 3, they'd still finish in 7th. If leg 4, Brent & Caite would replace them. Then they'd make it to the F5. Since Brent & Caite went home earlier, depending on who u-turns who... never mind, that's how far I can predict.
TAR 21: If Abbie & Ryan had one instead of the DYM... I think they'd use it on the Leg 5 rb. Then, Jaymes & James wouldn't necessarily u-turn them, but Trey & Lexi still would. And everything really depends on the u-turn on Leg 9.
If Abbie /Ryan ryan had EP, I thought the dating couple would use it in leg 8 RB, Ryan really struggle in this calculation Russian time zones, another question if Abbie completed leg 8 RB instead of Ryan and passed in first attempt they would start next leg about an hour earlier and might get a better flight and despite the U-turn they still ahead beekman boys

Abbie had difficulty with the Bangladesh2 roadblock. They will only use the EP on leg 8 if they decided not to use it on leg 5, which I think is unlikely, because Abbie took a lot of time finishing that rb.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #806 on: December 05, 2013, 04:56:13 AM »
What if Jamil (or was that Idries) had never found the clue during the sandcastle rb? If they also decided to go for the 4-hour penalty, I think they would not survive this leg. (They will finish in 11th.) Since Pwinnie fell behind the following leg (and most likely they will finish in 10th), how will the race go? Note: YouTubers can't be u-turned in leg 5 because they got to the Vietnamese w-turn in 2nd (Pwinnie were 1st).

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #807 on: December 05, 2013, 06:44:08 AM »
What if Jamil (or was that Idries) had never found the clue during the sandcastle rb? If they also decided to go for the 4-hour penalty, I think they would not survive this leg. (They will finish in 11th.) Since Pwinnie fell behind the following leg (and most likely they will finish in 10th), how will the race go? Note: YouTubers can't be u-turned in leg 5 because they got to the Vietnamese w-turn in 2nd (Pwinnie were 1st).

Jessica & John will probably go out in 9th, unless in this scenario John's less of an idiot, Dave & Connor probably still have that injury. Max & Katie's run will probably end in Leg 7 as I don't see any team cocking up worst then Pam & Winnie, Youtubers will still get u-turned, and doctors will end up in final 4 or final 3.

What if Season 18 was an All-Stars season, which teams do you think would have gotten in at that time?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 05:51:45 AM by redskevin88 »

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #808 on: December 05, 2013, 08:12:38 AM »

Jessica & John will probably go out in 9th, unless in this scenario John's less of an idiot, Dave & Connor probably still have that injury. Max & Katie's run will probably end in Leg 7 as I don't see any team cocking up worst then Pam & Winnie, You tubers will still get u-turned, and doctors will end up in final 4 or final 3.

What if Season 18 was an All-Stars season, which teams do you think would have gotten in at that time?
And another question if the blonde girls told the chipps the location of red dressed woman with a abacus and Rob/Sheila went to Bund earlier (in fact they went to an office of bank of china represent in Shanghai), The chipps woul outrun the blonde girls and finish at 3rd place, Trexi go home and the alliance which used to beat Abbie/Ryan can't be formed and the dating divorcees went to top 3

Offline amazing1604

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #809 on: December 07, 2013, 09:41:33 PM »
Ally & Ashley finish last anyways because they are horrible racers.
But they will survive at the make-up challenge when their husbands struggled at the tea plantation  :ascared

I prefer Ally and Ashley went to Japan for the final 4

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #810 on: December 10, 2013, 07:50:00 AM »
Season 23's finally over, and I can finally post my list of TAR23 What ifs: :xmas146
Quote what you want to answer and don't take all of these what ifs at the same time. :cmas24
1.) What if Brandam made it to the 1st flight on the 1st leg?
2.) What if the ER Docs were on the 2nd flight on the 1st leg?
3.) What if ER Docs didn't get a penalty on the 1st leg? Would they use their EP on one of the 1st 4 legs except the 1st leg? Assuming they give the 2nd EP to Jamy, which task would make Jamy use their EP?
4.) What if Tim & Marie made it to the 1st bus on leg 2?
5.) What if Bingo stayed with the pack? How far would they have gone?
6.) What if the Bunnies didn't make the smart move at the airport? (This would probably have them receive the 2nd EP from Tim & Marie.) Speaking of which, which task would the Bunnies use their EP if Tim & Marie give it to them on leg 4/5?
7.) What if ChesEph didn't have any bad flights in leg 3? How far could they have gone?
8.) What if ChesEph made it to the same flight with Tim & Marie?
9.) What if Tim & Marie used the EP on the detour in leg 3?
10.) What if Brandam didn't switch detours and didn't get u-turned? How far could they have gone?
11.) What if Jamy was able to complete the FF?
12.) What if the Bunnies made it to the same boat with the Exes and the Ice girls on leg 7?
13.) What if Jamy knew Tim & Marie were behind and u-turned them?
14.) What if leg 8's w-turn was in leg 9 instead?
15.) What if leg 9 was a NEL and leg 10 was not?
16.) What if Jamy caught up to the 1st train on leg 9?
17.) What if Tim & Marie's cab didn't break down and they made it to the 1st train on leg 9?
18.) What if both the Exes and Jamy make it to the 1st train on leg 9?
19.) What if the Ice girls brought the sugar canes with them on their 1st trip from the market?
20.) What if Jamy didn't help the ER Docs? Will the Ice girls catch up to them and have them eliminated instead? If yes, how far could they have gone?
21.) What if the Afghanimals got in to the F3 instead of the ER Docs?

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #811 on: December 10, 2013, 07:52:35 AM »
12.) What if the Bunnies made it to the same boat with the Exes and the Ice girls on leg 7?

Ice in last. But Bunnies's U-Turn would seal their fate indeed.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #812 on: December 10, 2013, 07:59:44 AM »
17. Absolutely nothing

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
« Reply #813 on: December 10, 2013, 09:43:11 AM »
19.) What if the Ice girls brought the sugar canes with them on their 1st trip from the market?

Bye-Bye Travis&Nicole  :cmas20 :cmas20
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #814 on: December 10, 2013, 08:22:47 PM »
2. Absolutely nothing.
3. The way you're assuming this wouldn't affect much either.
4. Still doesn't matter.
6. Timmarie wouldn't U-Turn them, so they would survive UAE and also Indonesia most probably, eliminating Tracole and possibly leading to them in F3?

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #815 on: December 10, 2013, 10:03:13 PM »
If Tim/Marie U-Turned the bunnies in leg 5 instead of leg 8, who would be U-turned by the bunnies and who'd be eliminated in Poland and what would them happen later

Offline methylc

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #816 on: December 10, 2013, 11:12:14 PM »
What if the equal ratio Roadblock rule was in place in earlier seasons?

What if the NEL penalty was in place in earlier seasons?

Can't imagine Flo having to deal with more Roadblocks and having to be stripped of money/belongings/extra task.... even without taking into consideration the Yield/U-Turn.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #817 on: December 11, 2013, 03:18:06 AM »
If Tim/Marie U-Turned the bunnies in leg 5 instead of leg 8, who would be U-turned by the bunnies and who'd be eliminated in Poland and what would them happen later

Tim & Marie knew that the Bunnies were ahead of them. Bunnies would u-turn anyone in case they have to. (since they were first) If the Bunnies were to think like YouTube in TAR22, they'd u-turn the Ice Girls.

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #818 on: December 11, 2013, 05:56:10 AM »
3. I think they still keep the EP till leg 8. But Jamy probably use EP on leg 6 RB to avoid getting last due to the FF problem. Not effect anything, only lessen the drama which will make this season so bland.  :cmaslol

6. Bunny will probably got EP on leg 5? Used on leg 7 RB. Then no u-turn on leg 8 for them and also no speed bum. So I think they will survive pass UAE. Then if they choose the detour wisely in Indonesia, they will make it to F4.  :cmas9  But probably go home in Japan since the robot RB seem too physical for them to handle.  :cmas4

9. Since they cannot use EP on leg 5, very likely to see them get u-turned but I think they still survive.

13. It will be fighting for the last spot between bunny and TimMarie but TimMarie had better chance to survive.  :cmas4

14. Jamy u-turn TimMarie and ER u-turn Afganimal. So ice girl will probably safe.  :cmas16

16-18. Ice girl still go home.

19-20. ER go home. Ice girl probably still go home in Japan instead.

21. The finale totally based on the dropping flour task. So if the Afganimal complete it in 2-3 times, they still have a chance since the rest of the leg is really physical. So they got a bit advantage of MM team.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 05:06:35 PM by Keepcopz »

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #819 on: December 11, 2013, 06:59:23 AM »
6.) What if the Bunnies didn't make the smart move at the airport? (This would probably have them receive the 2nd EP from Tim & Marie.) Speaking of which, which task would the Bunnies use their EP if Tim & Marie give it to them on leg 4/5?
If the Bunnies chose not to go to the executive lounge for the flight to Portugal, they would be in the back alone as Time & Marie and Jason & Amy would get the seats. They're safe no matter due to Chester & Ephraims horrid luck with flights that leg. They didn't anger Tim & Marie, but the exes could have still been leveraged by the ER doctors during the drive to the pit stop in Norway. If they didn't and the Bunnies received the EP before that happened, they would have used the EP at the race track roadblock since they did have good legs in Poland and Austria. This means they would avoid the SB, which is given to Ally & Ashley. Abu Dhabi II, depends on who Tim & Marie U-Turns.  Could still be them or Ally & Ashley since Tim & Marie didn't have a lock-n-load reason like what actually happened. But either way, the Ice & Girls would have probably been eliminated. Indonesia I, depends on whether they got on the first train, and how good they are with the Angklung. If the Bunnies survived (ER doctors eliminated), Indonesia II wouldn't be that hard for them I think. I'm pretty sure they would have chosen the make up detour if they could, and they would be better off than Leo & Jamal. After that, it's the robot roadblock that would determine who gets in. Jason & Amy and Tim & Marie would get in, so its between Leo & Jamal and Nicky & Kim.

11.) What if Jamy was able to complete the FF?
They would have won the leg, but wouldn't affect the next legs much because they bunched up on the flight to Abu Dhabi.

Judging from the departure times the next leg, I'm pretty sure the Ice Girls would have been last at the race track, and they wouldn't have survived the next leg in my opinion, because they did get a bit lost in Abu Dhabi. It comes down to whether they're good swimmers or not. Let's say the the Ice Girls got eliminated in Abu Dhabi 2, the Bunnies may pass Nicole at the Roadblock, depending on what time they arrived since Amy only stayed to help because the Ice Girls weren't there yet. Indonesia 2, I'm guessing they're good with make up, so Leo & Jamal could end up being last because of the tea plantation disaster. Onto Japan, it all depends on the Bunnies not messing up the Robot Roadblock. There's a chance that the F3 would have been Jason & Amy, Tim & Marie, and Nicky & Kim. But I don't think they'll win at the totem pole challenge.

14.) What if leg 8's w-turn was in leg 9 instead?
So Nicky & Kim and Leo & Jamal wouldn't be U-Turned. The bottom two would have been the Bunnies and the Ice Girls. Since Nicky & Kim arrived at Wadi while Ally & Ashley were still doing the Roadblock, it would have been a mad dash (drive?) to the pit stop at Jebel Hafeet. After that, see no. 12.

15.) What if leg 9 was a NEL and leg 10 was not?
So Ally & Ashley survived leg 9 and received a Speed Bump in leg 10. Depends on the Speed Bump. If they finished that quickly, and since teams were pretty much equalized at the Make Up detour (which I'm guessing they could do well in), Leo & Jamal would still be last and eliminated. In Japan, it would come down to the robot roadblock, so Ally & Ashley could replace Nicole & Travis, or maybe not.

18.) What if both the Exes and Jamy make it to the 1st train on leg 9?
With teams equalized at the detour, Ally & Ashley would be dead last and eliminated. Events happen as they did :(

They would be ahead of Tim & Marie and Jason & Amy, but not by much. Since they did finish the angklung roadblock quickly, and with Amy being behind and probably not helping Nicole, Travis & Nicol would be eliminated. Indonesia II, they could be pretty good at the make up detour, so Leo & Jamal would still be last. Japan, depends if Leo & Jamal would get seats on the flight for Ally & Ashley. If they finished the bowling detour around the same time, Ally & Ashley would arrived first at the Roadblock. Marie and Amy would get it done fast by themselves, so its down to Leo and Ally/Ashley. In the Finale, Leo & Jamal would probably be better at the totem pole challenge, but that's just a wild guess. It all comes down to who can catch up to Jason & Amy after the flour bag roadblock.
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #820 on: December 14, 2013, 03:25:18 PM »
The first 4 that come to mind are:

1) S17 - What if Michael & Kevin hadn't taken a taxi when they should have went by foot on Leg 7?

Potential Outcome - Michael still would have struggled at the RB, but Chad & Stephanie would have been Eliminated instead, allowing them to stay in the race and maybe, just maybe get to the final 3. Wishful Thinking!  :cmaslol

2) S21 - What if James & Abba didn't lose their packs or had taken their packs out of the cab with them?

Potential Outcome - Beekman's would have been NEL in Leg 7, and probably Eliminated in Leg 8, completely changing the final results of the race!

3) S23 - What if the ticket agent hadn't messed up Chester & Ephraim's tickets on Leg 3?

Potential Outcome - They would have been on one of the first flights to Portugal, resulting in Tim & Marie being last and Eliminated, and this would have DEFINITELY changed the entire Season. We wouldn't have had Tim & Marie "Antics", they would have been Eliminated with both Express Passes. This is probably one of the BIGGEST "What Ifs" ever as it would have changed everything about Season 23!

4) S23 - What if Travis did the final RB instead of Nicole?

Potential Outcome - Simple, they probably would have won!  :cmaslol :xmas146
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #821 on: December 14, 2013, 07:30:35 PM »
Speaking of Jabba's problem... What if their can driver saw the episode? What could the driver's possible reactions be?

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #822 on: December 14, 2013, 07:45:21 PM »
3) S23 - What if the ticket agent hadn't messed up Chester & Ephraim's tickets on Leg 3?

Potential Outcome - They would have been on one of the first flights to Portugal, resulting in Tim & Marie being last and Eliminated, and this would have DEFINITELY changed the entire Season. We wouldn't have had Tim & Marie "Antics", they would have been Eliminated with both Express Passes. This is probably one of the BIGGEST "What Ifs" ever as it would have changed everything about Season 23!
Very big changes if they were eliminated in 9th.
1.) They'd receive the 9th place curse. :cmaslol
2.) They'll be like TAR22's TeamJJ, except (since they still have both EPs)... worse. :cmas11
3.) We wouldn't see Brandam mocking Marie about the 2nd EP.
4.) We wouldn't see the EP drama with ER Docs.
5.) ER Docs would never have the 2nd EP.
6.) Jamy would've won leg 5.
7.) No cab drama with Jamy.
8.) The other teams wouldn't be bothered by their bickering in the dates detour. :cmaslol And it could possibly be more boring to watch. :cmas11
9.) ER Docs wouldn't be able to skip the leg 8 detour.
10.) ER Docs u-turn on Afghanimals might not happen if the Afghanimals work faster than ER Docs.
11.) Bunnies wouldn't get u-turned by the Exes
12.) We wouldn't see Tim acing the music tasks like the Vienna rb and Angklung rb.
13.) We wouldn't see Marie's funny expressions on the cobra ari. :cmaslol
14.) We wouldn't see Marie with the boiling eggs problem. :cmaslol
15.) We wouldn't see the slight cab drama outside Narita Airport
16.) We wouldn't be able to see their comeback from last to 1st at the robot rb.
17.) Maybe Jamy would've won the penultimate leg.
18.) No amazing moment at the finish line with Tim & Marie.
19.) They wouldn't be invited back to TAR24.
20.) Last but not the least: If Tim & Marie were eliminated in Portugal for not using and giving the EPs, the season would've been more boring.

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #823 on: December 14, 2013, 10:23:47 PM »
Back to season 15, what if Maria & Tiffany miraculously survive the Amsterdam leg and Brian & Ericka go home?

Since the next leg 8 and 10 was NEL. Leg 9 with the father-son team (with pink hair, can't remember their name) getting lost and clueless with RB and Leg 11 with FT & BE 'FRANZ' problem. Could they go into F3 and actually be the first FF team to win? Since the finale was in Las Vegas which they were really similar to and they would knock the final task completely with counting chips.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #824 on: December 15, 2013, 12:03:47 AM »
Back to season 15, what if Maria & Tiffany miraculously survive the Amsterdam leg and Brian & Ericka go home?

Since the next leg 8 and 10 was NEL. Leg 9 with the father-son team (with pink hair, can't remember their name) getting lost and clueless with RB and Leg 11 with FT & BE 'FRANZ' problem. Could they go into F3 and actually be the first FF team to win? Since the finale was in Las Vegas which they were really similar to and they would knock the final task completely with counting chips.

If they miraculously survive the Amsterdam leg...
My guts tell me that they'll replace the Father-son team who had 2 bad legs. :mas25 Gary & Matt (father&son) were eliminated because everyone else was luckier than them.