Author Topic: The Amazing Race: What If  (Read 603486 times)

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race: What If
« Reply #600 on: August 26, 2013, 04:31:09 PM »
What if Margie & Luke beat Flight Time and Big Easy to the Pitstop in India?

No annoying globetrotters in the F3. :lol:

Best case scenario, Luke has a mega-meltdown and RonTina survive India <3

Well, Margie & Luke would probably make the final 3 and potentially win the race, unless Luke performs the dancing Roadblock in Rio, then they could have an even larger meltdown and Zev & Justin make the final 3 by a miracle. Or going along with Gamerfan, if they have a meltdown in the second India leg, Ron & Christina could make it to the Final 3.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #601 on: August 26, 2013, 05:23:36 PM »
What if Freddy & Kendra are eliminated when they get yielded?

Kris & Jon win. Everything else = irrelevant.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #602 on: August 26, 2013, 09:12:32 PM »
They are the worst winners ever IMO. Really disliked Kendra.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #603 on: August 26, 2013, 09:25:30 PM »
At least, at least they weren't boring (HI TK AND RACHEL!)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #604 on: August 26, 2013, 10:39:57 PM »
Rachel (I wish I was this Rachel :lol:) was not boring. They had the unlucky edit of being stuck in the rear or in the middle of the pack. Although they weren't presented "diverse" enough, TK did not gossip a lot on the race, Rachel was humble, which made me root for them in the final 5. The only time I remember them getting into drama was when Rachel was chatting with Jennifer during the "Vinci" Roadblock about Ron's attitude towards Christina.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #605 on: August 26, 2013, 11:32:02 PM »
Won't happen. Chippendales were a recruited team.

Dennis and Ericka were recruited all the way back in Season 5 and were the first team eliminated. Not to forget our lovely Ethan and Jenna who was the second team eliminated in a double elimination episode.

What you are suggesting, is that TAR producers will rig the show for their recruited and favourite teams. Which is not true...

Well, Ethan & Jenna were rather incompetent. They can't outright rig the race.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #606 on: August 26, 2013, 11:58:05 PM »
Rachel (I wish I was this Rachel :lol:) was not boring. They had the unlucky edit of being stuck in the rear or in the middle of the pack. Although they weren't presented "diverse" enough, TK did not gossip a lot on the race, Rachel was humble, which made me root for them in the final 5. The only time I remember them getting into drama was when Rachel was chatting with Jennifer during the "Vinci" Roadblock about Ron's attitude towards Christina.

Rachel is quite interesting really, but she's overshadowed by the fact that watching a blank wall is more interesting than TK.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #607 on: August 27, 2013, 08:36:28 AM »
Won't happen. Chippendales were a recruited team.

Dennis and Ericka were recruited all the way back in Season 5 and were the first team eliminated. Not to forget our lovely Ethan and Jenna who was the second team eliminated in a double elimination episode.

What you are suggesting, is that TAR producers will rig the show for their recruited and favourite teams. Which is not true...

Well, Ethan & Jenna were rather incompetent. They can't outright rig the race.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #608 on: August 27, 2013, 12:42:25 PM »
I actually forgot about TK & Rachel because they were SO SO boring. Final 3 wish was Kynt & Vyxsin, Ron & Christina and Nicholas & Donald with any of them winning (but K & V because they are my overall favourites ever #SUPERALLSTARSEDITION)

addie

« Reply #609 on: August 27, 2013, 03:29:20 PM »
They are the worst winners ever IMO. Really disliked Kendra.
Dun mess with kkkendra shes so misunderstood and underrated

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #610 on: August 27, 2013, 04:36:23 PM »
I actually forgot about TK & Rachel because they were SO SO boring. Final 3 wish was Kynt & Vyxsin, Ron & Christina and Nicholas & Donald with any of them winning (but K & V because they are my overall favourites ever #SUPERALLSTARSEDITION)
TBH, I would have loved Azaria & Hendekea in the final 3. Kynt was awfully annoying during the 12th season which made me not like him. I loved Vyxsin, but Kynt to me was just :gaah:.

What if Charla & Mirna survived the Tanzania leg (TAR5, Lake Manyara Lookout PS)? Would they also be the first team smart enough to use the Yield?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 04:39:40 PM by RachelLeVega »
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #611 on: August 27, 2013, 04:43:40 PM »
If I remember correctly, Charla & Mirna dislike using race powers that hinder other people (this was mentioned in AS commenting on the BQs second Yield use).

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #612 on: August 27, 2013, 07:05:44 PM »
They definitely said they wanted to run a clean race which they did second time around!
I totally forgot about Azaria/Henekia. They would be in my F3 with The Goths & Christina/Ron
Pretty sure they would have dominated the rest of the race if it wasn't for that silly woman >.<

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #613 on: August 27, 2013, 10:12:49 PM »
Azaria and Hendekea might have won the race had it not been for the flight problem. But they only have themselves to blame... that episode in Croatia is probably one of the most memorable and exciting episodes for me!! :hrt:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #614 on: August 28, 2013, 04:44:15 AM »
TAR12 Croatia, even though it had the most uninventive tasks somebody could ever think up (PUT ROCKS IN WALLS! FLYING FOX! ROW A BOAT! FLYING FOX! ROW A BOAT! CLIMB A WALL! WALK!) was definitely one of the best episodes ever because it involved not only one but TWO footraces (for first and last) which had just the most epic drama ever <3333333333333333

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #615 on: August 28, 2013, 08:30:41 AM »
Indeed. When Nate and Jen lost their first to Ron and Chris, whom I've never thought or see as a STRONG team considering their early legs placement.. I was :cheer: :yess: :wohoo: :luvya: :funny: and Nate and Jen having a meltdown while going to the pitstop <3

The tasks were so near each other that made teams see relatively the progress of each other also made the whole leg really EXCITING! <3

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #616 on: August 28, 2013, 04:39:06 PM »
What if they never changed the penalty for a non-elimination leg to the Speed Bump and we were still using the marked for elimination penalty?
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #617 on: August 28, 2013, 05:09:36 PM »
TAR12 Croatia, even though it had the most uninventive tasks somebody could ever think up (PUT ROCKS IN WALLS! FLYING FOX! ROW A BOAT! FLYING FOX! ROW A BOAT! CLIMB A WALL! WALK!) was definitely one of the best episodes ever because it involved not only one but TWO footraces (for first and last) which had just the most epic drama ever <3333333333333333
To me, the main reason why Dubrovnik rocked is because of the better planning of the course than some of the most recent seasons. The editing also plays a gigantic role in the success of a leg/episode. In TAR12, the editing of scenes, team reactions, and music made The Amazing Race a lot more adventurous and challenging. In recent seasons such as TAR22, the editing was awful in general. It felt more like I was watching a travel log video with unappreciative editors. (Sorry, it felt that way for me.) I hope Bertram hired back the previous editors from TAR11-TAR15 because it's not looking intriguing telling from the disasters of TAR20 and 21 with the significantly poor presentation of TAR22.
What if they never changed the penalty for a non-elimination leg to the Speed Bump and we were still using the marked for elimination penalty?
TAR12:
Kynt & Vyxsin would still be eliminated in 5th.
TK & Rachel would probably still survive with Nathan & Jen's transportation drama.

TAR13:
Ken & Tina would probably still survive over Kelly & Christy's Holi incident.
Dandrew would be eliminated, but Nick & Starr would probably still win over Toni & Dallas determining by the tree Detour, 100 clue box memory task, and finding final locations.

TAR14:
Despite Christie & Jodi and Mark & Michael already arriving last, there is no changing effect.

TAR15:
Maria & Tiffany may be eliminated over the Garrett & Jess and Brian & Ericka foot race.
Gary & Matt would still be eliminated.

TAR16:
Jeff & Jordan would still survive over Joe & Heidi because J&H quit the Detour.
Jet & Cord would lose their TAR last to first record, but still be in the race over Steve & Allie.

TAR17:
Michael & Kevin would probably still survive over Katie & Rachel.
Nick & Vicki will survive over Michael & Kevin in Leg 7, but will still be eliminated in South Korea after missing their crucial flight.

Unfinished Business:
Gary & Mallory would still beat Jet & Cord and maybe the Globetrotters in Zermatt.

TAR19:
Bill & Cathi is 80% eliminated in the double-elimination, but it looks really likely they can "survive" over Ethanna. :lol:
Liz & Marie still eliminated.
Amani & Marcus would survive over Jen's "lost" efforts. :funny:

TAR20:
Bopper & Mark would still be in the race over Kerri & Stacy, but fail as broadcasted during fishing trap Pit Stop, India.
Nary & Jamie still eliminated.

TAR21:
Josh & Brent eliminated in Bangladesh resulting in the Chips winning the season.
James & Abba and Twinnies would still be eliminated.

TAR22:
Maxie eliminated in safari Botswana leg. :hoot:
Mona & Beth eliminated in Edinburgh which would result in Joey & Meghan making it to Washington D.C.'s final leg. :tantrum

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #618 on: August 28, 2013, 05:27:24 PM »
Well actually Dandrew would still make the final leg due to the issue with Toni & Dallas losing their passports but Dandrew would finish the leg in third instead of second.
It's Clobbering Time!

MrDeerShank

« Reply #619 on: August 28, 2013, 05:51:24 PM »
And Cowboys would have still retained their last to first as they came first, so the penalty would be nullified

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #620 on: August 29, 2013, 07:09:07 AM »
What if Lyn & Karlyn caught the same flight as the other 2 teams, do they still come 3rd? (I think that was a great season ruined with a poor finale)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #621 on: August 29, 2013, 07:16:30 AM »
Yes, it has been mentioned before... that the finale of TAR 10 was horrible. Teams had to run on foot to different locations to complete their tasks. There was NO WAY Lyn and Karlyn would have managed a win unless both Tyler and James and Rob and Kim got lost or their cab drivers doesn't have the EZ Pass. It's kinda sad isn't it? :(

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #622 on: August 29, 2013, 07:21:47 AM »
Lyns being robbed of the most hilarious win ever :torche

Or even a sensible third place :torche

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #623 on: August 29, 2013, 07:26:03 AM »
And not to mention that the 'running' was like multiple blocks away and not just short distances. Lyn and Karlyn wouldn't have been able to beat Tyler and James, who had a PERFECT leg for the finale.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #624 on: August 29, 2013, 07:29:45 AM »
Lyn & Karlyn wouldn't have been able to beat any team bar maybe Bilal & Sa'eed in TAR10 in that finale :lol: