Author Topic: The Amazing Race: What If  (Read 603480 times)

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Re: The Amazing Race: What If
« Reply #575 on: August 09, 2013, 02:54:04 AM »
What if Uchenna & Joyce made the flight in Leg 9 of TAR All Stars and the leg was a non-elimination leg (which judging from the fact of two non-elimination legs in a row with marked for elimination penaltys that season). How would that effect the rest of the season?

The way I see it is Oswald & Danny get the marked for elimination penalty but get the Fast Forward in the next leg putting them in first and if things happened in Hong Kong the way they did I'd assume a Eric & Danielle elimination in Hong Kong

In Leg 11, The Yield still happens but who would be targeted more? I'd still assume a Oswald and Danny last place giving them a non elimination penalty.

Leg 12, It'd be safe to assume that Oswald and Danny still get eliminated due the difficulties getting to the Pitstop.

Leg 13 though, Who would win?
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Daniel

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #576 on: August 12, 2013, 02:14:06 AM »
I think both U/J and BQs could win because the finale was mostly about cabs. Joyce doesn't seem to gossip like Danielle so probably they wouldn't get the safe opened too.. And schmirna would still place in 3rd. :lol:
TAR Canada: Vanessa & Celina
TAR 23: Tim & Marie, Nicky & Kim, Tim & Danny

She's really pissed that we're asking her because she has BUSINESS to do.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #577 on: August 12, 2013, 02:33:44 AM »
I think both U/J and BQs could win because the finale was mostly about cabs. Joyce doesn't seem to gossip like Danielle so probably they wouldn't get the safe opened too.. And schmirna would still place in 3rd. :lol:

I reckon it would be incredibly close between those two. I think BQs would edge out though.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #578 on: August 13, 2013, 05:24:58 PM »
Zev & Justin didn't lose their passports in season 15. Think they could have gotten very far.
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #579 on: August 13, 2013, 05:42:35 PM »
Well if we go through leg by leg, Maria and Tiffany wound have been eliminated in Leg 4, Lance and Keri would probably still be eliminated Leg 5, Leg 6 was Mika's breakdown, so they survive. Leg 7 was Maria & Tiffany and Brian & Ericka problems, so Brain and Ericka would win. Leg 8 is an NEL. Leg 9 I think they would survive over Gary & Matt. Leg 10 is an NEL. Leg 11 was Globetrotter issues, so they would make Final 3.

Overall, they have a pretty good chance of making it to the Final 3, and a chance to win.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #580 on: August 13, 2013, 08:46:58 PM »
What if Amanda and Kris won the express pass in Leg 1?
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #581 on: August 13, 2013, 09:03:08 PM »
Leg 2: Amanda & Kris use their Express Pass and Ron & Christina are eliminated.
Leg 3: Mel & Mike eliminated still.
Leg 4: NEL
Leg 5: I would think Amanda & Kris (& Gary & Mallory without the EP) would struggle/fall back, but I think Jaime & Cara would still be eliminated.
Leg 6: Margie & Luke eliminated still.
Leg 7: I would think this leg would eliminate Amanda & Kris, but they might survive and Kent & Vyxsin would be eliminated.
Leg 8: NEL
Leg 9: Depends where U-Turns fall, Amanda & Kris could easily go here too, unless the tactic of targeting Jet & Cord stays and they're eliminated.
Leg 10 (onward): I just don't know how far they would make it after this (if they made it). The competition is just way too tight.

In summary, I believe there are many opportunities that Amanda & Kris would hiccup, my personal feeling it would be Leg 7 in India. I don't think it would change the outcome of the race with Kisha & Jen still winning.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #582 on: August 14, 2013, 09:55:06 PM »
What if a u-turn/double u-turn existed in TAR15's 9th leg?

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #583 on: August 14, 2013, 11:29:17 PM »
What if a u-turn/double u-turn existed in TAR15's 9th leg?

Assuming Meghan & Cheyne reach U-turn board first, they would more than likely u-turn Sam & Dan, which was behind them if I remember correctly, or , the Globetrotters, given that they already beaten them in a footrace. In that case, either of them would probably be out and Gary & Matt in final four.

If it was a double u-turn, Meghan & Cheyne would probably u-turn either Sam & Dan or the Globetrotters. If Sam & Dan were u-turned, they would probably u-turn the Globetrotters, if the Globetrotters, either Brian & Ericka or Gary & Matt would be out.

My question: What if TAR18 was a plain vanilla all-stars? Who would be selected and who would likely win it? 

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #584 on: August 14, 2013, 11:35:30 PM »
Well if TAR18 were a plain vanilla all stars and had the same range of seasons I'd say.

Season 12:
Ron and Christian
Kent and Vyxsin

Season 13:
Toni and Dallas
Ken and Tina

Season 14:
Margie and Luke
Kisha and Jen

Season 15:
Flight Time and Big Easy
Zev and Justin

Season 16:
Jet and Cord

Season 17:
Jill and Thomas
Gary and Mallory.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #585 on: August 14, 2013, 11:37:33 PM »
Jill and Thomas?

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #586 on: August 14, 2013, 11:43:42 PM »
Jill and Thomas?

Well I mean if we are talking All Stars they were a pretty good team. Won I believe 5 legs in their season? I would of put Brook and Claire in but I mean Claire's pregnancy still would of kept them out the race (assuming real life events happened regardless of whether it was Unfinished business or all stars.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 11:47:25 PM by SamualDude »
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #587 on: August 14, 2013, 11:57:39 PM »
Jill and Thomas?

Well I mean if we are talking All Stars they were a pretty good team. Won I believe 5 legs in their season? I would of put Brook and Claire in but I mean Claire's pregnancy still would of kept them out the race (assuming real life events happened regardless of whether it was Unfinished business or all stars.

I don't remember them being liked though. I think they'd just stick with 11 teams.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #588 on: August 24, 2013, 05:19:13 AM »
Jill and Thomas?

I don't remember them being liked though. I think they'd just stick with 11 teams.

I think TAR 18 had really All-stars worthy teams (Ron/Chris, Kent/Vyxsin, Margie/Luke, Gary/Mallory, FT/BE, Jet/Cord, Jaime/Cara)... and Zev and Justin were fan favourites as well (although I still think 9th place to get another shot at Allstars is way too lucky). Mel/Mike were really popular as well... although I was definitely shocked to see Amanda/Kris and Kisha/Jen there. Jill/Thomas will probably not get a shot in any case... most likely will go to a team in Season 13 (both your mentioned choices).

Am also shocked not to see Terence and Sarah, Toni and Dallas or Ken and Tina from TAR 13. So many teams who deserved a second shot and good story for UB.. but don't know what were the producers thinking -_-

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #589 on: August 24, 2013, 05:33:27 AM »
Jill and Thomas?

I think TAR 18 had really All-stars worthy teams (Ron/Chris, Kent/Vyxsin, Margie/Luke, Gary/Mallory, FT/BE, Jet/Cord, Jaime/Cara)... and Zev and Justin were fan favourites as well (although I still think 9th place to get another shot at Allstars is way too lucky). Mel/Mike were really popular as well... although I was definitely shocked to see Amanda/Kris and Kisha/Jen there. Jill/Thomas will probably not get a shot in any case... most likely will go to a team in Season 13 (both your mentioned choices).

Am also shocked not to see Terence and Sarah, Toni and Dallas or Ken and Tina from TAR 13. So many teams who deserved a second shot and good story for UB.. but don't know what were the producers thinking -_-

IMO I was happy to see Kisha/Jen and Amanda/Kris, but the ignored TAR 13 and TAR 14 overload wasn't good in UB. I have to admit though, rewatching TAR 14 after UB makes it better. :lol:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #590 on: August 24, 2013, 07:17:47 AM »
Jill and Thomas?

IMO I was happy to see Kisha/Jen and Amanda/Kris, but the ignored TAR 13 and TAR 14 overload wasn't good in UB. I have to admit though, rewatching TAR 14 after UB makes it better. :lol:
I would have liked to see some TAR13 representation in UB. That was the missing slice of pie from the "all-stars" season. Terence & Sarah... ehhh... I liked Sarah's enthusiasm during their time on the race, but Terence was, no offense, Snore City unless receiving a speeding ticket makes you an all-star. Rather cast Kelly & Christy, sadly.

What if Rob & Sheila got to the Shanghai Pit Stop in 10th place (before the James's)?
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #591 on: August 24, 2013, 07:22:57 AM »
Jill and Thomas?

I would have liked to see some TAR13 representation in UB. That was the missing slice of pie from the "all-stars" season. Terence & Sarah... ehhh... I liked Sarah's enthusiasm during their time on the race, but Terence was, no offense, Snore City unless receiving a speeding ticket makes you an all-star. Rather cast Kelly & Christy, sadly.

What if Rob & Sheila got to the Shanghai Pit Stop in 10th place (before the James's)?

They didn't seem like a strong team. But thanks to other screwups, most likely would have survived until Bangladesh or Istanbul.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #592 on: August 24, 2013, 08:33:36 AM »
I think the producers would have been pissed. The chips got them major ratings I guess... :funny:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #593 on: August 24, 2013, 09:15:52 AM »
Back to that vanilla All-Stars question , we would probably see Tammy & Victor back.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #594 on: August 25, 2013, 06:16:04 AM »

Won't happen. Chippendales were a recruited team.

But to answer your question, they will probably replace either Gary & Matt in Bangladesh or Rob & Kelly in Turkey.

In the second scenario, in Amsterdam, Rob will throw Natalie & Nadiya into the North Sea rather than u-turn Abbie & Ryan putting them into the final four.

What if Mark & Bill won Leg 2 in Season 13?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #595 on: August 25, 2013, 11:37:40 AM »

Dennis and Ericka were recruited all the way back in Season 5 and were the first team eliminated. Not to forget our lovely Ethan and Jenna who was the second team eliminated in a double elimination episode.

What you are suggesting, is that TAR producers will rig the show for their recruited and favourite teams. Which is not true...

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #596 on: August 25, 2013, 11:01:55 PM »

But to answer your question, they will probably replace either Gary & Matt in Bangladesh or Rob & Kelly in Turkey.

In the second scenario, in Amsterdam, Rob will throw Natalie & Nadiya into the North Sea rather than u-turn Abbie & Ryan putting them into the final four.

What if Mark & Bill won Leg 2 in Season 13?
Best case scenario, Kelly & Christy go bye-bye! :wohoo: Aja & Ty and the belles would battle it out between Detours and Marisa & Brooke would still be eliminated in Leg 4 because of their navigation trouble. Mark & Bill's chances would be good in Cambodia because the floating village Detour and "mystery room" RB were relatively easy compared to the previous four legs. I'd say Mark & Bill would reach India before they get eliminated.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #597 on: August 26, 2013, 12:41:25 AM »
What if Margie & Luke beat Flight Time and Big Easy to the Pitstop in India?
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #598 on: August 26, 2013, 12:47:08 AM »
What if Margie & Luke beat Flight Time and Big Easy to the Pitstop in India?

No annoying globetrotters in the F3. :lol:

Best case scenario, Luke has a mega-meltdown and RonTina survive India <3

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #599 on: August 26, 2013, 10:36:36 AM »
What if Freddy & Kendra are eliminated when they get yielded?