Author Topic: The Amazing Race: What If  (Read 603489 times)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race: What If
« Reply #300 on: April 24, 2012, 12:43:26 PM »
What if Nary and Jamie didn't stop to see elephants ? Do you think they could catch Vanessa and Ralph?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #301 on: May 06, 2012, 12:27:41 AM »
What if Nary and Jamie didn't stop to see elephants ? Do you think they could catch Vanessa and Ralph?

Probably not.

What if Joey & Danny beat Dave & Rachel at FF in Azerbaijan?

What if Misa & Maiya, instead of going left side trying to find the PitStop, would have gone right and checked in tenth place?

They probably would have survived Argentina 2 and Paraguay and Germany because of Missisippi  but massive struggle after that.

My own: What if Tramel & Talicia survived Mexico?
 My answer: Teri & Ian would get eliminated, Dennis/ Andrew get EL from FF, probably survive Portugal thanks to Heather and Eve, ditto Morocco because of diesel problem (lets assume that they didn't make the ****ty mistake) Germany because of Team 911 and possibly take an unclaimed FF along the way. T&T survive the 2 NEL's, then get EL'd in Singapore, creates epic battle for F3 between John Vito & Jill and Wonder Twins, either one gets in would probably win.
What if Bopper didn't hurt his knee?
 Answer: Bopper does Bollywood RB, keeps them in, forces Vanessa & Ralph to NEL, take the FF resulting in Art & JJ or Vanessa & Ralph EL. Then maybe they could win!

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #302 on: May 06, 2012, 12:28:44 AM »
I doubt that Bopper and Mark would edge Vanessa and Ralph in Cochin 1.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #303 on: May 08, 2012, 08:55:27 AM »
If Art & JJ didn't win Leg 3...
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #304 on: May 08, 2012, 08:58:49 AM »
How much more would Dave and Rachel have won by if their taxi driver had not taken them to the paddle board location? :o
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #305 on: May 08, 2012, 10:30:08 AM »
What if Rachel and Dave had edged out Bopper and Mark in Leg 8?

They would have become the first team to win 7 consecutive legs!  :ascared

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR/Surv/BB/?? junkie ;)
« Reply #306 on: May 11, 2012, 01:59:00 PM »
What if Brendon/Rachel had not misread the clue on Sand Island and were on Dave/Rachel's tail and followed them when they ran to the finish?
Who would have hit the finish line first and what would B/R's reaction have been to "However...."

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #307 on: May 14, 2012, 05:52:09 AM »
What if Elliot & Andrew bet Vanessa&Ralph in Paraguay?

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #308 on: May 14, 2012, 05:58:01 AM »
They probably go out in Tanzania...

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #309 on: May 18, 2012, 11:42:47 AM »
What if Nancy and Emily went straight to the temple of dawn route info?
I say the guidos still win FF however they are still cocky and wait 7 hrs. while nancy and emily arent as fustrated so they take bus detour with Rob and Brennan. Thus allowing them a spot in F4

What if Nancy and Emily had won the Fast Forward
I still have no idea wut would happen here...

(these are my last two nancy and emily posts but gosh i love them)

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #310 on: May 18, 2012, 02:09:33 PM »
What if Nancy and Emily went straight to the temple of dawn route info?
I say the guidos still win FF however they are still cocky and wait 7 hrs. while nancy and emily arent as fustrated so they take bus detour with Rob and Brennan. Thus allowing them a spot in F4

What if Nancy and Emily had won the Fast Forward
I still have no idea wut would happen here...

(these are my last two nancy and emily posts but gosh i love them)

If they had won the FF, i think they would have reach the Temple of Dawn quicker than Team Guido did.
But either way, if they managed to place in 4th or 1st, i'm pretty sure they would've been eliminated by the next leg....

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #311 on: July 09, 2012, 06:28:42 AM »
What if Mark and Bopper beat Art and JJ in India, get to Japan and Bopper ends up doing the roadblock? It's Bopper v. Vanessa to see who can overcome their injury first, making what could have been the most difficult to watch task in race history, two individuals performing a task that requires them to use their most injured body parts (ankle, knee/leg) trying to beat each other. It would have been torturous.

However I have the answer to my own question >< If Mark and Bopper had beaten Art and JJ it would mean that they had used the fast forward giving them roadblock leniency.

Actually, on closer inspection, Mark had already completed 5 roadblocks, therefore, Bopper would have had to do the Chicken gameshow regardless of fast forward leniency because of the 5 roadblock limit going into the final leg.

What are your thoughts? Would the task be harder for Bopper or Vanessa?

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #312 on: July 09, 2012, 12:37:23 PM »

[/quote]

If they had won the FF, i think they would have reach the Temple of Dawn quicker than Team Guido did.
But either way, if they managed to place in 4th or 1st, i'm pretty sure they would've been eliminated by the next leg....
[/quote]

ik this is old topic but o well. i disagree because remember how far behind kevin and drew get?

Offline JordanJones123

• RFF Full Member
  • Jet and Cord should have won!
« Reply #313 on: July 15, 2012, 07:53:39 PM »
what if, in season 18, Jet and Cord are told the correct answer in the roadblock, and thus get on the same train with the second bunch?
Who gets eliminated, how far do they go?

Personally, I think FT/BE go because of their screw up with the tags, and no one gets eliminated. Then, Kynt and Vyxsin still go because of their penalty, and Zev and Justin also go in Brazil, making a J/C, G/M anf K/J finale.

From their im not sure..

What do you think?!
Jet and Cord are still the best!!! Bring them back!

'Maybe God didn't bless me so much with talent, but he gave me try'

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #314 on: July 15, 2012, 08:00:39 PM »
That would have made for a really good finale with good teams and good competition is what :tup:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #315 on: July 15, 2012, 08:30:29 PM »
what if, in season 18, Jet and Cord are told the correct answer in the roadblock, and thus get on the same train with the second bunch?
Who gets eliminated, how far do they go?

Personally, I think FT/BE go because of their screw up with the tags, and no one gets eliminated. Then, Kynt and Vyxsin still go because of their penalty, and Zev and Justin also go in Brazil, making a J/C, G/M anf K/J finale.

From their im not sure..

What do you think?!

My memory is a little fuzzy on that leg so my explanation may not be the best.

One thing you neglected to remember is that there was a Double U-Turn that leg. Many of the other teams' strategy was to get rid of Jet & Cord by telling everyone the answer except them. If they would have gotten on the same train as others, there is the possibility that someone would U-Turn them because they want to get rid of them, thus eliminating them.

That's my input.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #316 on: July 15, 2012, 09:20:30 PM »

[/quote]

ik this is old topic but o well. i disagree because remember how far behind kevin and drew get?
[/quote]

If I remember the season correctly, in the following leg Kevin & Drew arrived at an Hours of Operation sign less than an hour after it closed, so if any team was just a bit faster than them then they would have been racing in the same day as Rob & Brennan and Frank & Margarita.

My memory is a little fuzzy on that leg so my explanation may not be the best.

One thing you neglected to remember is that there was a Double U-Turn that leg. Many of the other teams' strategy was to get rid of Jet & Cord by telling everyone the answer except them. If they would have gotten on the same train as others, there is the possibility that someone would U-Turn them because they want to get rid of them, thus eliminating them.

That's my input.

None of the teams conspired to get rid of Jet & Cord. The only reason no one gave them the answer is because no one saw them. Also, the only reason Flight Time & Big Easy U-turned the Cowboys is because they knew they were the only team behind them. It could have been any team following the Globetrotters and they probably would have U-turned them.

Online ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #317 on: July 15, 2012, 10:25:40 PM »
What would have happend if Meghan and Cheyne were eliminated at the Starting Line Task in season 15?
(I'm really curious to see how this would have ended up :lol3:)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #318 on: July 15, 2012, 10:30:19 PM »
What would have happend if Meghan and Cheyne were eliminated at the Starting Line Task in season 15?

Great question Ian , great question!

I'm also wondering that ...

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #319 on: July 16, 2012, 07:08:06 AM »

Due to the number of countless emotional break downs, it is very easy to see Eric & Lisa to make the final 3 and I would see Sam & Dan winning.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #320 on: July 16, 2012, 07:23:44 AM »
What if Nick and Vicki managed to get on the flight to South Korea with the eventual F3? Do you reckon they could've beaten out Nat and Kat for a spot in the F3?

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #321 on: July 16, 2012, 07:28:02 AM »
What if Nick and Vicki managed to get on the flight to South Korea with the eventual F3? Do you reckon they could've beaten out Nat and Kat for a spot in the F3?

I don't know how far back Nick & Vicki would have fallen after their Speed Bump.

Offline BlooperGuy

• RFF Full Member
  • SKRILLEX.....VS.....MOZART!!!!
« Reply #322 on: July 18, 2012, 08:18:26 PM »
What if Jill and Thomas were not casted on Season 17 but rather Season 19? - I'd think they'd be one of the better liked teams, over, say, Ernie and Cindy. All in all, Jill and Thomas remain one of my favorite dating teams, as dating teams are usually the type of team I lean towards.

Offline APABLD

• RFF Jr. Member
    • adouangchak YouTube
Little things that could have altered the outcome of a race
« Reply #323 on: October 19, 2012, 06:21:43 AM »
What situations can you think of where a little thing could have changed the outcome of a race?

I was reading about Season 7, and thought that if Rob and Amber had Yielded Uchenna and Joyce instead of Ron and Kelly, then it's possible that Meredith and Gretchen could have made it to the final three and won the race.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Little things that could have altered the outcome of a race
« Reply #324 on: October 19, 2012, 06:28:05 AM »
That is what The Amazing Race What if is for.