Author Topic: The Amazing Race: What If  (Read 605280 times)

DavidJunior

Re: The Amazing Race: What If
« Reply #200 on: December 31, 2011, 01:05:48 AM »
I don't agree. I think Eric and Lisa won't even make it to the Final 7/8.

What if, for TAR 15 there were no start line elimination, and instead have a normal elimination at the pitstop in Japan?

How far would Eric and Lisa have gone in the race, and would Maria/Tiffany still be last, and in this case out?

Great question, DavidJunior! :cmas16

Maria & Tiffany would definitely be gone, because they took a 2-hour penalty after losing their two people.

In Leg 2, I presume Garrett & Jessica would still have had their duck troubles. I think Lisa seemed a bit more calm than Ericka or Jessica, so Eric & Lisa would survive.

Marcy & Ron go home in Leg 3 because of their bad Detour choice. Zev & Justin leave in Leg 4 from the passports. Lance & Keri still get lost in the UAE and leave on Leg 5. Mika & Canaan have the slide problems on Leg 6 and still leave there.

Leg 7 is where it gets interesting. I feel confident that it is quite impossible to struggle more than Brian & Ericka did on that leg, after they fell behind at the Roadblock and also had a penalty at the Pit Stop, so they would be eliminated, as Maria & Tiffany are already gone.

Leg 8 is the NEL and then in Leg 9, I guess that Gary & Matt would still go home, unless Eric & Lisa also did not know what a candelabra is.

Leg 10 is another NEL and Flight Time & Big Easy obviously leave on Leg 11.

So Eric & Lisa are officially in the Final Three! I don't know how well they would do there. :cmas5

There is a lot of guesswork in my scenario obviously, and a couple of things could've worked out differently, such as Eric & Lisa getting more lost than Lance & Keri in Dubai, or Eric & Lisa perhaps getting unlucky at the haybales and getting the Speed Bump on Leg 9. :cmas5

What if Preston & Jennifer outran Christie & Jodi to the Leg 1 Pit Stop on TAR14? How much further could they have gone, considering the problems experienced by other teams on certain legs?

I do... I firmly believe that you can put a five year old and a spider monkey in that race, and they would STILL make the final 3 over all those other teams (esp if we are doing my what if scenario).

I have never seen so many meltdowns, breakdowns, mental lapses, or so much general incompetency in one season... I'm still flabbergasted by it

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #201 on: December 31, 2011, 01:41:28 PM »
You should remove Meghan and Cheyne from the generalization. The rest of the teams were... :cmaslol

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #202 on: December 31, 2011, 09:46:55 PM »
I have never seen so many meltdowns, breakdowns, mental lapses, or so much general incompetency in one season... I'm still flabbergasted by it

Yeah, this is very true. Which is why I love 'What If' questions that are related to TAR15. :cmas16 If a team who was eliminated very early had survived, they are almost guaranteed a Final Three spot due to the extreme amounts of errors throughout the race course.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #203 on: December 31, 2011, 11:27:51 PM »

Yeah, this is very true. Which is why I love 'What If' questions that are related to TAR15. :cmas16 If a team who was eliminated very early had survived, they are almost guaranteed a Final Three spot due to the extreme amounts of errors throughout the race course.

Most ridiculous one goes to Mika and Canaan. :cmas29

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #204 on: January 01, 2012, 12:28:10 AM »

Completely Agreed!! :lol3:

DavidJunior

« Reply #205 on: January 01, 2012, 01:34:22 AM »
You should remove Meghan and Cheyne from the generalization. The rest of the teams were... :cmaslol

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough, but I didn't count Meghan and Cheyne, or even Sam and Dan (always bickered and yelled, but still ran a relatively clean and decent race) in that

What I meant by "the kid and monkey easily making the final 3 over all the other teams" was directed at all teams who didn't reach the finale + Brian and Ericka, not the two who would be running in the finale with them (i.e. Meghan and Cheyne, Sam and Dan)

Little Susy and Rafiki would still come in 3rd once getting there

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #206 on: January 01, 2012, 01:37:44 AM »
TAR 12 = Good teams, OKAY finale
TAR 13 = Sucky teams, sucky finale
TAR 14 = Good teams, good finale
TAR 15 = Sucky teams, exciting finale
TAR 16 = Sucky teams, sucky finale
TAR 17 = Good teams, sucky finale
TAR 18 = Good teams, sucky finale
TAR 19 = Mediocre teams, sucky finale

I think I still enjoyed TAR 12, TAR 14 and TAR 17 the best after the post all-star seasons...

DavidJunior

« Reply #207 on: January 01, 2012, 02:11:53 AM »
TAR 12 = Good teams, OKAY finale
TAR 13 = Sucky teams, sucky finale
TAR 14 = Good teams, good finale
TAR 15 = Sucky teams, exciting finale
TAR 17 = Good teams, sucky finale
TAR 19 = Mediocre teams, sucky finale

I think I still enjoyed TAR 12, TAR 14 and TAR 17 the best after the post all-star seasons...

Defo agree

18 would be up there for me, just because Kisha/Jen won, and they're in my top 3 favorite teams of all time... and the first team I was rooting for to actually win the race... I think I may hold the record for longest wait until my favorite team won...  :cmaslol

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #208 on: January 01, 2012, 02:28:04 AM »
TAR 12 = Good teams, GREAT finale
TAR 13 = Sucky teams, good finale
TAR 14 = Good teams, OK finale
TAR 15 = Good teams, exciting finale (the finale here was great, but it could've been even better with a Memory task)
TAR 17 = Good teams, great finale (the Greeters Memory task was just phenomenal for me!)
TAR 19 = Pathetic teams, pathetic finale

I agree with that list mostly. (My personal changes are reflected through the bold.) :cmas16

TAR12 was the best finale of all-time for me, because the Memory Challenge was perfect! I also thought that the TAR13 finale was great, too.

Post-All-Stars, my favourite seasons are definitely TAR12, 15, 17 and 18, closely followed by 13 and then 14, with 16 next and then 19 at the bottom.

Back onto the topic of 'What if', I'll just copy my previous question:

What if Preston & Jennifer outran Christie & Jodi to the Leg 1 Pit Stop on TAR14? How much further could they have gone, considering the problems experienced by other teams on certain legs?

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #209 on: January 01, 2012, 03:40:06 AM »
I disagree about the pathetic teams from S19. I liked basically all but three teams, but, the finale was HORRIBLE.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #210 on: January 01, 2012, 03:43:21 AM »
I think TAR 19 have okay teams... just that the locations were a little... :cmas18 and the finale was horrendous. Worst finale I've remembered since TAR 4?

Speaking of TAR 4... what if Sarah Jessica Parker didn't try to get the show revived for the 5th season after TAR 4 received bad ratings and was nearly cancelled? :cmaslol

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #211 on: January 01, 2012, 06:55:18 AM »
I think TAR 19 have okay teams... just that the locations were a little... :cmas18 and the finale was horrendous. Worst finale I've remembered since TAR 4?

Speaking of TAR 4... what if Sarah Jessica Parker didn't try to get the show revived for the 5th season after TAR 4 received bad ratings and was nearly cancelled? :cmaslol

For me, the TAR19 cast was sorta average - I LOVED Amani & Marcus, and I rather loved having an older couple make it so far (although I prefer Teri & Ian, Meredith & Gretchen and Fran & Barry over Bill & Cathi, personally) but I thought the all-female teams were too weak (even though I really loved them both :( ) and Laurence & Zac were too dull, and the winners were the worst of all time, for me.

I also liked Jeremy & Sandy, but they got waaaaay too little screentime to be considered one of my favourites, personally.

As for Joab's interesting question - well, most of us probably wouldn't know each other if that happened :cmas4 and we would be quite bored with our lives because there is no TAR (is it just me, or do you guys agree? :cmaslol ) so even though I have no idea about anything related to Sarah Jessica Parker, we definitely owe her a lot, seemingly! :cmas16

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #212 on: January 01, 2012, 08:56:07 AM »
Basically, after TAR 4 (bad ratings).. the show was nearly going to get cancelled and Sarah Jessica Parker (Sex and the City actress.. just watched her on New Year's Eve movie yesterday!) was one of those that wrote in to CBS to helm it against from being cancelled. (I think)

I wondered if Nat and Kat were eliminated in Oman (and not Gary and Mallory), would Brooke and Claire have won and Gary and Mallory making the final three?

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #213 on: January 01, 2012, 09:06:16 AM »
Basically, after TAR 4 (bad ratings).. the show was nearly going to get cancelled and Sarah Jessica Parker (Sex and the City actress.. just watched her on New Year's Eve movie yesterday!) was one of those that wrote in to CBS to helm it against from being cancelled. (I think)

I wondered if Nat and Kat were eliminated in Oman (and not Gary and Mallory), would Brooke and Claire have won and Gary and Mallory making the final three?

Interesting! :cmas16 I vaguely remember reading about this several years ago, but I had forgotten the details.

As for your question, if Nat & Kat went in Oman, then in Bangladesh I still think Chad & Stephanie would be going home. Nick & Vicki obviously still had their struggles in Hong Kong and couldn't catch up in South Korea, so Gallory would be in the Final Three, and I think the Brook & Claire Flair would win! :cmas9 (Although Gallory could possibly win too, you never know!)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #214 on: January 01, 2012, 09:11:38 AM »

I wish this had happened! It would be the best finale ever :hearts: (No offense to Nat and Kat)
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #215 on: January 01, 2012, 09:12:25 AM »

Completely Agreed!! :lol3:

TAR15 was a casting disaster :lol: But I think it had some of the best tasks of any season so I still enjoyed it.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #216 on: January 01, 2012, 09:13:45 AM »
TAR15 did have some great tasks, for sure! Particularly in Dubai! :cmas16

Task-wise, my favourite season is Season 6, but my overall favourite is Season 3. :cmas9

Offline StephenWasHere

• RFF Full Member
  • *gasp* You are SUCH a liar, Tom!
« Reply #217 on: January 01, 2012, 09:35:20 AM »
For me, TAR 15 had some great teams, but they all went out far too early. By the time the Final 5 rolled around, the only team I was actively rooting for was Brian/Ericka. Seriously the string of Marcy/Ron, Zev/Justin, Lance/Keri, Mika/Canaan boots was one of the most saddening things to see, but especially the first two.

What if Lena/Kristy had found the clue in the haybale?

We'd lose Don/Mary-Jean so here's how I think it'd play out.

Senegal is still an NEL which would instead probably hit Gus/Hera (though I'd imagine Lena/Kristy get an unimpressive 6th or 7th)
Then, I assume we lose Gus/Hera in Germany.
Double Leg in Hungary, maybe Lena/Kristy make it through, but I don't think they would. For the sake of this thread though, I'll say that they make it through Hungary and Freddy/Kendra are elim'd.
Corsica still an NEL and Hayden/Aaron get NEL'd
John/Victoria still implode in Ethiopia and under the impression that Lena/Kristy don't, they'd make it to Sri Lanka. That's honestly about as far as I can see them go. I think they'd go instead of Lori/Bolo.
Meaning our Final 4 would be Lori/Bolo, Adam/Rebecca, Hayden/Aaron, and Kris/Jon. From this point, I can only see Kris/Jon or Hayden/Aaron winning.
TAR25- Shelley/Nici, Amy/Maya, Kym/Alli, Keith/Whitney
Survivor SJDS: Natalie, Jeremy, Baylor

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #218 on: January 01, 2012, 10:10:30 AM »

I wish this had happened! It would be the best finale ever :hearts: (No offense to Nat and Kat)

-_- The best finale ever would consist of Gary and Mallory, Nat and Kat and Brooke and Claire. With all three teams holding hands and crossing the finish line. :cmaslol

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #219 on: January 01, 2012, 10:12:34 AM »
I think if Adam and Rebecca can make the F3, Lena and Kristy has got what it takes to make the F3 too.

I WISHED THEY GAVE THEM ANOTHER CHANCE IN UNFINISHED BUSINESS. That will solve ALL OUR curiosity on whether or not they will be good racers or not.

It's so unfair they gave ninth placers Zev and Justin another chance! :cmas29 :cmas29 :cmas29 :cmas29

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #220 on: January 01, 2012, 11:32:59 AM »
Well, I don't know if Chad & Stephanie would go home, as Nat & Kat U-Turned them. I don't see Gary & Mallory U-turning Chad & Stephanie. So Brook & Claire go home from the U-Turn, and nick & Vicki still have troubles in China/South Korea., we have a Chad/Stephanie, Jill/Thomas & Gary/Mallory finale. I don't know who wins though. But that means we would see Nat/Kat in TAR 18! They would probably win TAR 18 then.

NoluckBoston

« Reply #221 on: January 01, 2012, 01:10:57 PM »
I think if Adam and Rebecca can make the F3, Lena and Kristy has got what it takes to make the F3 too.

I WISHED THEY GAVE THEM ANOTHER CHANCE IN UNFINISHED BUSINESS. That will solve ALL OUR curiosity on whether or not they will be good racers or not.

It's so unfair they gave ninth placers Zev and Justin another chance! :cmas29 :cmas29 :cmas29 :cmas29

I could not agree more!

DavidJunior

« Reply #222 on: January 01, 2012, 03:17:28 PM »
Well, I don't know if Chad & Stephanie would go home, as Nat & Kat U-Turned them. I don't see Gary & Mallory U-turning Chad & Stephanie. So Brook & Claire go home from the U-Turn, and nick & Vicki still have troubles in China/South Korea., we have a Chad/Stephanie, Jill/Thomas & Gary/Mallory finale. I don't know who wins though. But that means we would see Nat/Kat in TAR 18! They would probably win TAR 18 then.

Why wouldn't Brook and Claire use the U-turn on Chad and Stephanie themselves?  I thought they got there first?

And I don't know if Nat/Kat would win TAR 18... 17 was the Season where they tipped the scales heavily in the favor of the All-Female teams...

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #223 on: January 01, 2012, 05:15:24 PM »

I doubt they would bring Nat/Kat back. They were honestly kinda boring and people only remember them because they are the first F/F winners.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #224 on: January 02, 2012, 02:34:06 AM »
No, I remember them because they were kind, always so pleasant, positive and determined. :cmas29

What If the Bowling Moms made the final three instead of Colin and Christie.. will Chip and Kim still have won?