Author Topic: The Amazing Race: What If  (Read 605215 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: The Amazing Race: What If
« Reply #175 on: December 25, 2011, 11:42:25 AM »
Yep.. it's pretty interesting. But I think Flo and Zach are destined to win that season. :cmaslol

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #176 on: December 26, 2011, 06:10:45 AM »
Yep.. it's pretty interesting. But I think Flo and Zach are destined to win that season. :cmaslol

And I wouldn't have it any other way! :cmaslol
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: December 27, 2011, 05:42:39 AM »
What if Brent & Caite finished last in Germany instead of Jeff & Jordan? Would they have made the final five?

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #178 on: December 27, 2011, 04:08:54 PM »
2 things I have alway been wondering

1. Wut if nancy and emily did switch the detour in thailand?
2. If begging wasn't illegal in hungary would the tbc ever be born?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: December 27, 2011, 06:07:39 PM »

1. Wut if nancy and emily did switch the detour in thailand?

In fact Nancy and Emily in episode 9 of AR1 did the following:
1. competed for the FAST FORWARD on a traditional Buddhist game and lost it to Joe/Bill with it being a luck-based task
2. then had to do one of the 2 DETOURS starting from the Temple of the Dawn, Public or Private, to get to Kanchanburi.
3. In Public, teams had to go to a local bus station and board a bus leaving every 15 minutes, using their own money. In Private, teams had to find a free private vehicle within a specified area. The vehicles were parked somewhere in the marked area and teams only had a license plate number as their only clue
4. Nancy and Emily both exhausted themselves searching for the easy way, the Private car, but they did not find it after about 2 hours
5. Only then did Nancy and Emily fall back on Public and went to the public bus terminal; the mistake causing them to get the 24 hour penalty was to not go to the public bus terminal by Bangkok bus; they took a taxi

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #180 on: December 27, 2011, 08:52:35 PM »
I think he meant completing the Detour in the correct way. I think we all know clearly what happened during that leg. :cmaslol

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #181 on: December 27, 2011, 10:05:17 PM »
I think he meant completing the Detour in the correct way. I think we all know clearly what happened during that leg. :cmaslol

Ya th is wut I meant. Cuz the guidos took a train 7 hrs later....

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: December 28, 2011, 02:54:44 AM »
What if Brent & Caite finished last in Germany instead of Jeff & Jordan? Would they have made the final five?

Interesting... Brent & Caite would finish in seventh, well behind Jordeff on Leg 5, while Joe & Heidi go home. Then, Brent & Caite would assumably leave on Leg 6. Leg 7 is the NEL, and assumably, Steve & Allie will still struggle in Malaysia, allowing Jordeff a spot into the Final Five! I'm not sure what would happen next, as there is a U-Turn in Singapore and Brent & Caite are not around, so really anything could happen from that point on! :cmas16

What if Brad & Victoria made their connection in Amsterdam and Tammy & Victor were consequently eliminated in Romania? How would the rest of TAR14 pan out?

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #183 on: December 28, 2011, 03:04:31 AM »
This is for TARaus...

What if Anne-Marie and Tracy didn't quit the roadblock? Would they have beaten Richard and Joey in South Africa?

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #184 on: December 28, 2011, 03:20:24 AM »
This is for TARaus...

What if Anne-Marie and Tracy didn't quit the roadblock? Would they have beaten Richard and Joey in South Africa?

Hard to say... especially because they would have had to face a bungy in South Africa. I loved Anne-Marie & Tracy, but I also loved Richard & Joey, and my personal thoughts are that Joey & Richard would have survived the leg. Hard to say for sure, though. :cmas5

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #185 on: December 28, 2011, 03:43:28 AM »
This is for TARaus...

Hard to say... especially because they would have had to face a bungy in South Africa. I loved Anne-Marie & Tracy, but I also loved Richard & Joey, and my personal thoughts are that Joey & Richard would have survived the leg. Hard to say for sure, though. :cmas5

I think the opposite (but I HATED Richard and Joey with a passion  :cmaslol) because they got bogged, then U-Turned and had that bad goat.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #186 on: December 28, 2011, 04:50:41 AM »
This is for TARaus...

I think the opposite (but I HATED Richard and Joey with a passion  :cmaslol) because they got bogged, then U-Turned and had that bad goat.

Yeah, it's possible. It might just come down to whether or not Anne-Marie & Tracy will pick a good goat or a bad goat, I guess! :cmaslol

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #187 on: December 28, 2011, 02:34:59 PM »

No, Joab, I don't think the royal "WE" clearly remember what happened back 10 years ago, as it was a complicated sequence of events. My point is that if Emily and Nancy had wanted to complete "Private" they would have done so. Since they were not up to that in the circumstances, they had no alternative but to use "public" and then they did not read and follow the clue carefully.

As to what might have happened if Nancy and Emily survived, they would never have caught Rob/Brennan or Frank/Margarita for one of the first two places. It's possible that they may have passed Kevin/Drew in one of the later legs, but I doubt it. I expect that Nancy/Emily would have gone out in Beijing in 4th place.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #188 on: December 28, 2011, 04:23:11 PM »
Have there been any circumstances when teams could not board a flight because of production crew? I mean,  if a flight onlt had 2 seats left instead of 4 and because of the production crew?

If that has ever happened, what if that hadn't happened?

If that has never happened, what if that happened? :lol3:

Offline Cheesefeet

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #189 on: December 28, 2011, 07:43:52 PM »
When they book their flights they have to purchase 4 tickets, if there are not enough tickets then they cannot book that specific flight.  In the event that one of the four in involuntarily bumped I am not sure what would happen, I would assume that would be the same as one of the racers getting bumped and they would have to catch another flight.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #190 on: December 28, 2011, 08:54:04 PM »

Interesting... Brent & Caite would finish in seventh, well behind Jordeff on Leg 5, while Joe & Heidi go home. Then, Brent & Caite would assumably leave on Leg 6. Leg 7 is the NEL, and assumably, Steve & Allie will still struggle in Malaysia, allowing Jordeff a spot into the Final Five! I'm not sure what would happen next, as there is a U-Turn in Singapore and Brent & Caite are not around, so really anything could happen from that point on! :cmas16

What if Brad & Victoria made their connection in Amsterdam and Tammy & Victor were consequently eliminated in Romania? How would the rest of TAR14 pan out?

Amanda & Kris would be out in the first Russian Leg, because of the U-turn. If Christie & Jodi had the same problems they would also be subsequently out in India. From there on, who knows? Maybe Brad & Victoria Final Four assuming the same things happen...

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #191 on: December 30, 2011, 05:19:18 AM »
TAR AUS.

1 - ELIMINATION - Mo and Mos would have leaving us.
2 - NON ELIMINATION - Ryot and Liberty would have their chances
3 - ELIMINATION - Ryot and Liberty are a smart team. Bye bye Double W Ladies.
4 - ELIMINATION - Richard and Joey still,because of the uturn.
5 - ELIMINATION - Ryot and Liberty would be GONE here
6 - ELIMINATION - Alana and Mel anyway
7 - ELIMINATION - Bye bye Cowboys.
8 - NON ELIMINATION - No intersection. Dave and Kelly surviving
9 - NON ELIMINATION - Dave and Kelly again
10 - ELIMINATION - Bye Dave/Kelly
11 - ELIMINATION - Bye Jeff and Luke

FINALE -- Chris/Bambi -- Sam/Renae and Nathan/Tyler

Who would have won ?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #192 on: December 30, 2011, 08:01:02 AM »
I think Nathan and Tyler has it in the bag.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #193 on: December 30, 2011, 12:32:59 PM »
What if Will and Tara hadnt lost the final footrace in season 2. Would Phil have given them a penalty for the lost clue? because its to my knowledge u must surrender all clues at the pitstop. but this is techinicaly isnt a pit stop.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #194 on: December 30, 2011, 06:20:23 PM »
Did WRP put Wil/Tara back with any penalty at the Finish Line? You bet they didn't. Blake/Paige were not very far behind Wil/Tara and would have taken second place if Wil/Tara had any significant penalty applied.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #195 on: December 30, 2011, 07:48:55 PM »
I think Nathan and Tyler has it in the bag.

Another couple of terrible winners to put on my list of 'Dislikeable Winners'. :cmas11

What if Will and Tara hadnt lost the final footrace in season 2. Would Phil have given them a penalty for the lost clue? because its to my knowledge u must surrender all clues at the pitstop. but this is techinicaly isnt a pit stop.

Do they get penalties for lost clues? Several other teams have lost clues since Tara & Wil did, and as far as I'm aware, they didn't get any penalties. :cmas5

But still, that's an interesting scenario, Tarfan37!! :cmas16

DavidJunior

« Reply #196 on: December 30, 2011, 10:37:35 PM »
What if, for TAR 15 there were no start line elimination, and instead have a normal elimination at the pitstop in Japan?

How far would Eric and Lisa have gone in the race, and would Maria/Tiffany still be last, and in this case out?

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #197 on: December 30, 2011, 11:18:47 PM »
What if, for TAR 15 there were no start line elimination, and instead have a normal elimination at the pitstop in Japan?

How far would Eric and Lisa have gone in the race, and would Maria/Tiffany still be last, and in this case out?

Great question, DavidJunior! :cmas16

Maria & Tiffany would definitely be gone, because they took a 2-hour penalty after losing their two people.

In Leg 2, I presume Garrett & Jessica would still have had their duck troubles. I think Lisa seemed a bit more calm than Ericka or Jessica, so Eric & Lisa would survive.

Marcy & Ron go home in Leg 3 because of their bad Detour choice. Zev & Justin leave in Leg 4 from the passports. Lance & Keri still get lost in the UAE and leave on Leg 5. Mika & Canaan have the slide problems on Leg 6 and still leave there.

Leg 7 is where it gets interesting. I feel confident that it is quite impossible to struggle more than Brian & Ericka did on that leg, after they fell behind at the Roadblock and also had a penalty at the Pit Stop, so they would be eliminated, as Maria & Tiffany are already gone.

Leg 8 is the NEL and then in Leg 9, I guess that Gary & Matt would still go home, unless Eric & Lisa also did not know what a candelabra is.

Leg 10 is another NEL and Flight Time & Big Easy obviously leave on Leg 11.

So Eric & Lisa are officially in the Final Three! I don't know how well they would do there. :cmas5

There is a lot of guesswork in my scenario obviously, and a couple of things could've worked out differently, such as Eric & Lisa getting more lost than Lance & Keri in Dubai, or Eric & Lisa perhaps getting unlucky at the haybales and getting the Speed Bump on Leg 9. :cmas5

What if Preston & Jennifer outran Christie & Jodi to the Leg 1 Pit Stop on TAR14? How much further could they have gone, considering the problems experienced by other teams on certain legs?

DavidJunior

« Reply #198 on: December 30, 2011, 11:49:43 PM »

What if Preston & Jennifer outran Christie & Jodi to the Leg 1 Pit Stop on TAR14? How much further could they have gone, considering the problems experienced by other teams on certain legs?

Leg 1: Christie and Jodi in 11th
Leg 2: Steve and Linda in 10th still (unless Preston/Jennifer got lost going down the hill as well)
Leg 3: Brad and Victoria in 9th still
Leg 4: Amanda and Kris most likely still in 8th (I feel A/K would still pose a bigger threat than P/J)
Leg 5: NEL
Leg 6: They would need to beat out the stuntmen to stay in it (Mark/Michael in 7th)
Leg 7: Mel and Mike still fall behind and come in 6th
Leg 8: NEL and unless they messed up big time too, Kisha and Jen would be getting the penalty
Leg 9: Would have to beat Jamie and Cara (J/C in 5th)
Leg 10/11: Just don't get lost and you're in the final
Leg 12: Still think that Tammy and Victor would win out

i think there are a couple more occasions where they would have to show some racing skill to survive, more so than in Eric/Lisa's season, but they could MAYBE make the finals

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #199 on: December 31, 2011, 12:27:52 AM »
I don't agree. I think Eric and Lisa won't even make it to the Final 7/8.

Great question, DavidJunior! :cmas16

Maria & Tiffany would definitely be gone, because they took a 2-hour penalty after losing their two people.

In Leg 2, I presume Garrett & Jessica would still have had their duck troubles. I think Lisa seemed a bit more calm than Ericka or Jessica, so Eric & Lisa would survive.

Marcy & Ron go home in Leg 3 because of their bad Detour choice. Zev & Justin leave in Leg 4 from the passports. Lance & Keri still get lost in the UAE and leave on Leg 5. Mika & Canaan have the slide problems on Leg 6 and still leave there.

Leg 7 is where it gets interesting. I feel confident that it is quite impossible to struggle more than Brian & Ericka did on that leg, after they fell behind at the Roadblock and also had a penalty at the Pit Stop, so they would be eliminated, as Maria & Tiffany are already gone.

Leg 8 is the NEL and then in Leg 9, I guess that Gary & Matt would still go home, unless Eric & Lisa also did not know what a candelabra is.

Leg 10 is another NEL and Flight Time & Big Easy obviously leave on Leg 11.

So Eric & Lisa are officially in the Final Three! I don't know how well they would do there. :cmas5

There is a lot of guesswork in my scenario obviously, and a couple of things could've worked out differently, such as Eric & Lisa getting more lost than Lance & Keri in Dubai, or Eric & Lisa perhaps getting unlucky at the haybales and getting the Speed Bump on Leg 9. :cmas5