Author Topic: The Amazing Race: What If  (Read 603479 times)

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race: What If
« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2011, 07:31:11 PM »
What If Linda & Karen got to the F3?? Do you think they would have had any chance? The fight would have been against Chip & Kim and Brendon & Nicole, so it wasn't that hard in a footrace to the finish line after a flight.

What If Monica & Sheree had survived Leg 3? Do you think they could have done waaay better, or just F6 at most?

What if Eric & Lisa had run an entire leg, would they have had any chances to stay in the upper half at the end of the race?

What if David & Jeff had taken the same flight as the other two teams in the F3 of TAR4? Would they have won?

Linda & Karen probably would have struggled with the tasks in Canada though not nearly as much as Chip & Kim. If they were slow enough, they might have arrived at the airport late enough for the early flight to be cancelled. Let's say Chip & Kim arrive in Dallas the same time. Chip & Kim struggled with the maze, I think it was something like 45 minutes. So the Bowling Moms possibly could have gotten first if they knew a good maze techinque.

I can't remember why Kelly & Jon missed the flight from Hawaii to the continental US, was it because they went to the wrong terminal? I don't think David & Jeff would have made that mistake. They probably wouldn't have figured out the puzzle, so it depends whether they or Reichen & Chip arrived at the stadium first. I'm speculating that David & Jeff would have been faster on the bikes, but I doubt it was long enough of a ride to make a difference if they made it there second.

How about some first elimination what ifs? What if:
Gina & Silvia beat Derek & Drew?
Avi & Joe beat Gus & Hera?
Ryan & Chuck beat Ron & Kelly?
I haven't seen the 10th season, but who was the 11th team to the checkpoint?

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: December 15, 2011, 08:42:07 PM »

Season 10 was a special case because they eliminated one team (Bilal & Sa'eed) at a surprise mid-leg elimination point (the overnight rest in the Forbidden City) and then another (Vipul & Arti) at the end of the leg.

What if there had been no mid-leg elimination in TAR10? Would Vipul & Arti still be eliminated at the end of Leg 1? How far would Bilal & Sa'eed make it?

What if Eric & Lisa had been on Unfinished Business? How would they have done?
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2011, 04:43:20 AM »

Season 10 was a special case because they eliminated one team (Bilal & Sa'eed) at a surprise mid-leg elimination point (the overnight rest in the Forbidden City) and then another (Vipul & Arti) at the end of the leg.

What if there had been no mid-leg elimination in TAR10? Would Vipul & Arti still be eliminated at the end of Leg 1? How far would Bilal & Sa'eed make it?

What if Eric & Lisa had been on Unfinished Business? How would they have done?

I'm very sure both Vipul and Arti and Bilal and Saeed won't last long.

Eric and Lisa seems like Lance and Keri-ish and most probably won't last long or make the final 6.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2011, 06:53:30 AM »
About the TAR 4 finale, I think that if David & Jeff and Reichen & Chip had met in the stadium sometime, if D/J didn't get the answer they'd just copy the other teams to find the clue.

And the bikes would have made the difference, IMHO. I think they could have done it, really.

Yes, I meant Monique & Shawne! :D I also loved Monica & Sheree.

Gina & Silvia beat Derek & Drew?
Avi & Joe beat Gus & Hera?
Ryan & Chuck beat Ron & Kelly?

I don't really think Avi & Joe had what it takes to make it further. When I first saw them, they had a 9th-Place style of running the race.

Gina & Sylvia, I think that is the kind of team that if it makes it to the finals is mostly because of luck and other teams' mistakes. I didn't think they were really good either.

About Ryan & Chuck, yes. I thought they'd do better. Definitely, when I started watching TAR7, I never thought they could be the first team out. Surprise!

What if Mel & Mike had used their Fast Forward in Phukhet?

What if Luke had found the tea cup faster? F3 again?

What if Hope & Norm hadn't been eliminated in Leg 2? I felt they could have gotten furhter...

What if the cowboys got to the U-Turn in TAR18 before the twatters? Would they have U-Turned them? Would the Twatters be eliminated?

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2011, 07:06:42 AM »
What if Mel & Mike had used their Fast Forward in Phukhet?

What if Luke had found the tea cup faster? F3 again?

For the first one, Kisha & Jen would go home :cmas4 and then Mark & Michael leave in the F5, because they had too many penalties. Then, Tammy & Victor would probably U-Turn someone else (Margie & Luke or Jaime & Cara, probably the former) and Mel & Mike would make the F3, unless they had as much trouble finding the U-Turn as Jaime & Cara did. In the F3, they would probably start out behind with the physical pig-carrying task, but they might've been a decent chance at the memory challenge! :cmas16

For the second one, the Globetrotters would've gone home in India, and then Rontina would leave next. :cmas4 Gallory get the Speed Bump in Austria, but Jet & Cord most probably still go home in Switzerland, because nobody shared their answers with them. Then Kent & Vyxsin would leave in the second Swiss leg (assuming they still made their same mistake) and Zev & Justin in Brazil.

We have a Final Three of Gallory, Jen/Kisha and Margie/Luke. It's probably going to come down to who has the best taxi, but personally (in my completely unbiased opinion :cmaslol ) Kisha & Jen would still win, since they seemed to be really fast at assembling their mobile home! :cmas16 Hard to say for sure, though.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline smiley

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2011, 10:23:30 PM »
What if Jeremy and Sandy got sent home on the 5th leg? How far would Liz and Marie make it?

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2011, 10:42:21 PM »
What if Jeremy and Sandy got sent home on the 5th leg? How far would Liz and Marie make it?

They would be the next boots for sure.

What if Leg 1 in Season 17 was a NEL?

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2011, 10:47:53 PM »
What if Leg 1 in Season 17 was a NEL?

Ron & Tony would still be the first team to be eliminated :lol3:
And leg 3 would be an elimination leg, so bye bye Micheal and Kevin.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: December 16, 2011, 11:16:37 PM »
What if the train didn't stop Kris & Jon from reaching the finish line in TAR6? Would they have beaten Freddy & Kendra to the mat?
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: December 16, 2011, 11:40:16 PM »
What if the train didn't stop Kris & Jon from reaching the finish line in TAR6? Would they have beaten Freddy & Kendra to the mat?
Kris is probably a faster runner than Kendra. If the time difference we always hear is how far apart they arrived at the train, Freddy & Kendra would have had enough of a head start I believe. If the ~45 seconds includes the time waiting for the train, Kris & Jon might have passed them.

What if the teams that got injured didn't, like Marshall & Lance, Steve & Dave, and Kent & Vyxsin?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #110 on: December 17, 2011, 07:55:33 AM »
Marshall and Lance wouldn't make the F3 still. But them hating Charla and Mirna is fun to watch. :cmaslol

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: December 18, 2011, 10:12:27 AM »
Let's take this (slightly lengthier scenario):

What if Lorena :kisses could just milk that goat :cmaslol and she and Jason finished in a much higher position on Leg 3, and then on Leg 4, Shana & Jennifer realised that the only team behind them at the Detour was TK & Rachel, and used the U-Turn on them?

It's pretty hard to say definitively, but how would you guys think the rest of the race would work out from this point? :cmas5

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #112 on: December 18, 2011, 10:39:01 PM »
Nathan and Jennifer VS Ron and Chris? :cmas5

paldog123456

« Reply #113 on: December 18, 2011, 10:57:51 PM »
What if Joe & Bill and Eric & Danielle hadn't missed their flight to Warsaw?

I am pretty sure Charla & Mirna would have been last, but it would have been fun to watch.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: December 19, 2011, 01:53:56 AM »
What if Joe & Bill and Eric & Danielle hadn't missed their flight to Warsaw?

I am pretty sure Charla & Mirna would have been last, but it would have been fun to watch.

Charla & Mirna would probably have been eliminated, and Joe & Bill would have made the final 5.

What if somebody had used the U-turn in Season 13 (assume both U-turns)

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: December 19, 2011, 07:34:35 AM »
What if somebody had used the U-turn in Season 13 (assume both U-turns)

In Bolivia, I'd assume that the only possible U-Turn would've been Nick & Starr U-Turning Kelly & Christy, or Aja & Ty doing it for them. In this case, the girls would go home and Mark & Bill would live on. :cmas5 Mark & Bill weren't the most athletic team, but they seemed to be a strong/decent team, so they might've been able to get to the Final 5 or 6, but probably not further.

As for the second U-Turn, which was unaired. If I remember correctly, this was on Leg 9? :cmas5 If that's the case, I could only hazard a guess at Nick & Starr U-Turning Ken & Tina or Toni & Dallas just to try to get rid the stronger teams. However, given Toni & Dallas's passport error on Leg 10 (and since Leg 9 was a NEL) this U-Turn would not have been a crucial game-changing moment.

Let's take this (slightly lengthier scenario):

What if Lorena :kisses could just milk that goat :cmaslol and she and Jason finished in a much higher position on Leg 3, and then on Leg 4, Shana & Jennifer realised that the only team behind them at the Detour was TK & Rachel, and used the U-Turn on them?

It's pretty hard to say definitively, but how would you guys think the rest of the race would work out from this point? :cmas5

Nathan and Jennifer VS Ron and Chris? :cmas5

To answer my own question from before, I'd actually have thought that Lorena & Jason might've made the Final Three. They seemed a decent enough team, and their only problems on Legs 1-2 was navigating. However, the only self-driving on the rest of the race was Legs 5 and 7 (aside from the driving Roadblock on Leg 9) and on those legs, it would be quite difficult to get more lost than Shana & Jennifer and Kynt & Vyxsin respectively. :cmaslol

It's hard to judge a team who only raced 4 legs, but Lorena & Jason seemed stronger than the likes of Shana & Jennifer, Kynt & Vyxsin, Nicolas & Donald and maybe even Nathan & Jennifer.

Maybe I'm just being hopeful, but I would've thought they had the capabilities to give Nathan & Jennifer and Ron & Christina a run for their money! :cmas5

New question:

What if Flo & Zach did not tell Ken & Gerard about the location of the Roadblock clue on Leg 11 in Vietnam, and thus Derek & Drew made the Final Three instead of Team Oh Brother? Do you think they could win? :cmas5

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: December 19, 2011, 12:32:07 PM »
It all came down to who got the taxi first outside the Space Needle. If I recall from an interview, Flo & Zach went out the exit closest to all the taxis despite arriving last. I still think they would have won regardless of if Derek & Drew were in.

What if Derek & Drew and Ken & Gerard had spotted the route marker right away?

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: December 19, 2011, 08:50:27 PM »
Then Flo & Zach would go home, and once again, it would come down to the taxis, so either Derek & Drew or Teri & Ian would have won! :cmas16

What if Lori & Bolo hadn't made their mistake at the Roadblock in Sri Lanka? Would they have made the Final Three in your opinion?

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: December 19, 2011, 11:29:30 PM »
Then Flo & Zach would go home, and once again, it would come down to the taxis, so either Derek & Drew or Teri & Ian would have won! :cmas16

What if Lori & Bolo hadn't made their mistake at the Roadblock in Sri Lanka? Would they have made the Final Three in your opinion?

I think no.

What if,in the first airport of TAR16,Brent and Caite discovered that Dan and Jordan were the ones that starting talking with the lesbians about her dumbness?

Nobody would take a Uturn in Singapore,and Mike/Louie would have been eliminated
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: December 20, 2011, 12:39:00 AM »
In that case, if Louie & Michael went home in Singapore, then Carol & Brandy probably would've beaten Dan & Jordan into the Final Three, and Jet & Cord would've taken the million! :cmas16 I'm not big a Jet & Cord fan, but I certainly would be happy to see them beat Dan & Jordan.

What if Garrett & Jessica had beaten Brian & Ericka to the second Pit Stop on TAR15? How far do you think they would have gone, especially considering all the mistakes made by other teams on that season (Zev & Justin losing the passport, Lance & Keri getting lost, Mika not going down the slide, Maria & Tiffany failing the Detour, etc.)?

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: December 20, 2011, 01:21:30 AM »
In that case, if Louie & Michael went home in Singapore, then Carol & Brandy probably would've beaten Dan & Jordan into the Final Three, and Jet & Cord would've taken the million! :cmas16 I'm not big a Jet & Cord fan, but I certainly would be happy to see them beat Dan & Jordan.

What if Garrett & Jessica had beaten Brian & Ericka to the second Pit Stop on TAR15? How far do you think they would have gone, especially considering all the mistakes made by other teams on that season (Zev & Justin losing the passport, Lance & Keri getting lost, Mika not going down the slide, Maria & Tiffany failing the Detour, etc.)?

They would be falling in fifth place,and Gary and Matt would be having make it to the final!  :cmas22 :cmas22 :cmas22

What if Mika have taked the leap of faith? They would be going far at the race,and the Globies would NOT be in TAR18! Who would be taking their place?

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: December 20, 2011, 01:27:24 AM »
Mika & Canaan probably could've made the Final Four, but I don't think they would make the Final Three. If the Globetrotters weren't in TAR18, I'd be guessing that they would be replaced by Toni & Dallas from TAR13. But since there were already four parent/child teams on TAR18, maybe they would'nt bring Toni & Dallas back, in which case it might be Azaria & Hendekea from TAR12? :cmas5

It's pretty difficult to say how either of those teams would do, but I imagine that they'd make it through the first 6-7 legs, at least.

What if Azaria & Hendekea were given a NEL in Croatia, and the next leg in Italy was an elimination leg instead? How do you think the rest of the race would work out? (TAR12)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: December 20, 2011, 01:29:06 AM »

Seriously? Imagine them carring the heavy tobacco bale,and the bed!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: December 20, 2011, 01:30:54 AM »
Mika & Canaan probably could've made the Final Four, but I don't think they would make the Final Three. If the Globetrotters weren't in TAR18, I'd be guessing that they would be replaced by Toni & Dallas from TAR13. But since there were already four parent/child teams on TAR18, maybe they would'nt bring Toni & Dallas back, in which case it might be Azaria & Hendekea from TAR12? :cmas5

It's pretty difficult to say how either of those teams would do, but I imagine that they'd make it through the first 6-7 legs, at least.

What if Azaria & Hendekea were given a NEL in Croatia, and the next leg in Italy was an elimination leg instead? How do you think the rest of the race would work out? (TAR12)

I think Mika & Canaan would be doomed by either the next task  (heights) or the haybales.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #124 on: December 20, 2011, 01:31:14 AM »

They were great racers. In my opinion, they would have had great chances at winning. I think Final 3 for sure, and they were strong enough to pull it out.