Author Topic: The Amazing Race: What If  (Read 603568 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
The Amazing Race: What If
« on: December 14, 2011, 09:30:36 AM »
I always thought that if we had a thread like this, we can come together and discuss the endless possibilities that could happen on the race if an event didn't occur... could the ultimate ending of the race be affected?

For example, if the cab drivers of Ernie and Cindy, Jeremy and Sandy and Amani and Marcus cab drivers didn't share the info with each other on the penultimate leg, will Andy and Tommy still make the final three? Who would be eliminated then?

If Leg 1 of TAR 19 was a non-elimination leg and Bill and Cathi were eliminated, which other leg will become a NEL and which team will then make it to the Final 5?

This is completely for fun and the purpose of this thread is that it is completely pointless, but that doesn't mean we can't come together and discuss/share thoughts and opinions and what could probably happen if a particular scenario didn't happen/happen on the race.

Here are some other thoughts that came to my mind -

1. What if the train attendant came and check Ernie and Cindy and realize that they didn't have tickets? Would they have been thrown off the train/continued with their journey/forced to pay their tickets OR receive a penalty at the pit-stop?

2. What if Jennifer didn't wait too long and waste time at the Malawi leg Roadblock? Would they still be eliminated or will Jeremy and Sandy meet their doom?

3. What if Liz and Marie had money, managed to make it to the pit-stop in Bangkok in 7th place? How far do you think they could have made it further in TAR 19?

4. If Jeremy and Sandy didn't lose too much time at "The Dump", do you think they had a chance in winning or will Ernie and Cindy still beat them to it?

It's an endless of possibilities and discussions... just post some What If questions, try to answer your own questions and see if others think the same way as you do!

:cmas16

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: The Amazing Race: What If
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 09:50:24 AM »
What if Gallory had a better cab driver than Stanley :'(
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 09:59:05 AM »
I love this! :cmas16 Brilliant idea!

What if Kynt & Vyxsin U-Turned Nate & Jenn? (TAR12) :cmas4

My Answer: Nate & Jenn go home, and Kynt & Vyxsin probably make the Final Three over Nicholas & Donald. I'm not sure how they'd do with the memory challenge though. :cmas5

What if Azaria & Hendekea weren't given those business class tickets? (TAR12) :cmas4

My Answer: I think they'd win the race!

What if Jen (of Kisha & Jen) didn't stop for a bathroom break? (TAR14) :cmaslol

My Answer: Jaime & Cara go home, but I don't know if Jen & Kisha would win. :cmas5

What if the four teams (Flo & Zach, Teri & Ian, Aaron & Arianne, Michael & Kathy) did not put Diesel fuel into their cars? (TAR3)

My Answer: This whole season could possibly change completely, as Michael & Kathy and Aaron & Arianne probably wouldn't go home on the two Morocco Pit Stops.

What if Uchenna & Joyce did not take the risky flight connection? (TAR11) :cmas4

My Answer: Oswald & Danny would go home :cmas4 and I wouldn't bet against Uchenna & Joyce from that point on.

I'm really gonna enjoy coming up with more! :cmas16 :cmas22
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 10:02:42 AM by racer »
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 10:04:22 AM »
What if Uchenna and Joyce didn't make the flight in TAR7 finale? I can answer that, it = boring end with Romber winning.

What if Jet and Cord had figured out the VR task?

What if both times BJ and Tyler came in last in TAR9 had not been NEL's? Fran and Barry may have made the F3.

What if Azaria & Hendekea weren't given those business class tickets? (TAR12) :cmas4

My Answer: I think they'd win the race!

Me too!!

What if Jen (of Kisha & Jen) didn't stop for a bathroom break? (TAR14) :cmaslol

Epic finale!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 10:05:52 AM »
What if Jen (of Kisha & Jen) didn't stop for a bathroom break? (TAR14)

My Answer: Jaime & Cara go home, but I don't know if Jen & Kisha would win.

Apparently, it is not the bathroom break that killed Kisha and Jen but the taxi driver dropping them at the wrong place.. further away from pitstop location.

Jaime and Cara might still make it.. or maybe a footrace. ???

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 10:06:28 AM »
Awesome questions, Prophet!

Here's an interesting couple regarding one of my favourite bickering couples of all time:

What if Victoria had thrown her backpack like Jonathan said, during the footrace in Germany?

What if Jonathan & Victoria took the correct number of donkeys?! :cmaslol

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 10:07:08 AM »
What if Jen (of Kisha & Jen) didn't stop for a bathroom break? (TAR14)

My Answer: Jaime & Cara go home, but I don't know if Jen & Kisha would win.

Apparently, it is not the bathroom break that killed Kisha and Jen but the taxi driver dropping them at the wrong place.. further away from pitstop location.

Jaime and Cara might still make it.. or maybe a footrace. ???

That's interesting! I'm sure it would've been pretty close! :cmas16

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 10:09:13 AM »
What if Uchenna and Joyce didn't make the flight in TAR7 finale? I can answer that, it = boring end with Romber winning.

What if Jet and Cord had figured out the VR task?

What if both times BJ and Tyler came in last in TAR9 had not been NEL's? Fran and Barry may have made the F3.

If Uchenna and Joyce did not make it to the flight in TAR7 finale, then I guess it could have been the worst finale ever shown, as opposed to one of the best.

I am not sure if Jet and Cord figured out the VR task they will win or not, but what I'm sure is it will ensure a tighter and closer race.

I'm not sure about Fran and Bary making the F3 because they may still stumble upon a NEL at F4 or get eliminated at F4 in Thailand. But I guess one thing for sure if they were eliminated, Eric and Jeremy will WIN the race for sure and result in a snoozefest. Don't think Fran and Barry can beat Eric and Jeremy in the F3.. just my opinion.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 10:09:56 AM »

Here's an interesting couple regarding one of my favourite bickering couples of all time:

What if Victoria had thrown her backpack like Jonathan said, during the footrace in Germany?

I wouldn't want to think about those questions. I'm just happy they got eliminated. :cmaslol

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 10:10:06 AM »
What if Dustin & Kandice hadn't driven past the olive grinding challenge in Morocco? (TAR10) :cmas4 :cmas4 :cmas4

What if Ryan & Chuck had beaten Ron & Kelly to the mat on TAR7? I wonder who would replace them in the Final Three? :cmas5

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 10:11:04 AM »
What if the F8 of TAR Allstars (11) is a NEL and Rob and Amber are still on the race. Do you think they would have gone on to the F3? :cmaslol

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 10:12:27 AM »
What if Toni & Dallas and Zev & Justin had not lost their passports on TAR13 and TAR15 respectively?

My Answer: I'd put Toni & Dallas in the Final Three, knocking Ken & Tina out, and I'm sure Toni & Dallas would finish second, at worst. As for Zev & Justin, they could've made it quite far on TAR15 as well!

I wouldn't want to think about those questions. I'm just happy they got eliminated. :cmaslol

:cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 10:13:40 AM »
What if Dustin & Kandice hadn't driven past the olive grinding challenge in Morocco? (TAR10) :cmas4 :cmas4 :cmas4

Rob & Kimberly would have been marked for elimination, but since they came in first in the next leg and Dustin & Kandace last, it would not have change anything I think :cmas5

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 10:13:59 AM »
What if the F8 of TAR Allstars (11) is a NEL and Rob and Amber are still on the race. Do you think they would have gone on to the F3? :cmaslol

I think they probably would, especially because Teri & Ian and Joe & Bill were eliminated after being so far behind and Uchenna & Joyce made their flight mistake. But if they had won TAR11, at least it would've been better than Eric & Danielle... :cmas11

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 10:14:39 AM »

Rob & Kimberly would have been marked for elimination, but since they came in first in the next leg and Dustin & Kandace last, it would not have change anything I think :cmas5

Good point! :cmas16 I had forgotten that Rob & Kimberly won the next leg.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 10:17:52 AM »
What if Tammy Gaghan had found the red bean! :cmas4

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 10:18:10 AM »
What if Toni & Dallas and Zev & Justin had not lost their passports on TAR13 and TAR15 respectively?

My Answer: I'd put Toni & Dallas in the Final Three, knocking Ken & Tina out, and I'm sure Toni & Dallas would finish second, at worst. As for Zev & Justin, they could've made it quite far on TAR15 as well!

:cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol

I almost forgot Ken and Tina were third that leg. That was close... but do you think Toni and Dallas can beat Nick and Starr in the final leg?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 10:18:45 AM »

THIS THIS THIS THIS. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 10:19:37 AM »
Toni & Dallas vs. Nick & Starr in the final leg would've been very interesting! I'm sure it would've been really close!

THIS THIS THIS THIS. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

:cmas4 :cmas4 :cmas4 :cmas4 :cmas4

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2011, 10:22:45 AM »
What if Victor had not gotten Margie and Luke to Uturn Amanda and Kris?

What if Amanda and Kris had not been Auto Uturned in TAR18?

What if Tammy and Victor did not Uturn Kisha and Jen? = Bathroom break and taxis don't matter?

What if TK and Rachel had not been Speed Bumped in Leg 9? = Nathan and Jennifer going to the F3.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2011, 10:25:41 AM »
What if Victor had not gotten Margie and Luke to Uturn Amanda and Kris?

What if Amanda and Kris had not been Auto Uturned in TAR18?

What if Tammy and Victor did not Uturn Kisha and Jen? = Bathroom break and taxis don't matter?

All good questions!

Amanda & Kris were such strong competitors that they could've made it very far on both seasons, if it hadn't been for those U-Turns. How far exactly, it is hard to predict.

As for the Kisha & Jen U-Turn - they definitely would've survived, assuming that 'Chinese Waiter' Detour took a fair bit of time. :cmas5

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2011, 10:25:58 AM »
I think Nick and Starr would still have won. Don't really think Toni and Dallas can beat Nick and Starr. They ran a flawless finale leg.

As for Tammy finding the bean, will result in Weavers eliminated. Then they will go to the F5 with Bransen stumbling on the first NEL, with that.. the Paolos get hopelessly behind on the F5 leg. So if the Gaghans can beat the Paolos.. they will advance to the F4.

Then there will be 2 NELs at the F4 and anything can happen. One thing for sure... we'll see the Gaghans for a much LONGER time than Weavers. :cmas29

And I just realized, TAR 8 had like "5 NELs/TBCs/Continuous legs"... why can't they have another one at the F6 or on the first leg! :cmas28 Instead of having a NEL and a TBC at the F4!!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2011, 10:28:05 AM »
I think Nick and Starr would still have won. Don't really think Toni and Dallas can beat Nick and Starr. They ran a flawless finale leg.

As for Tammy finding the bean, will result in Weavers eliminated. Then they will go to the F5 with Bransen stumbling on the first NEL, with that.. the Paolos get hopelessly behind on the F5 leg. So if the Gaghans can beat the Paolos.. they will advance to the F4.

Then there will be 2 NELs at the F4 and anything can happen. One thing for sure... we'll see the Gaghans for a much LONGER time than Weavers. :cmas29

And I just realized, TAR 8 had like "5 NELs/TBCs/Continuous legs"... why can't they have another one at the F6 or on the first leg! :cmas28 Instead of having a NEL and a TBC at the F4!!

Yeah, I think Nick & Starr would win, but it should still be quite close! I totally agree about the Family Edition - the Gaghans should've been NEL'd. :cmas4 :cmas4 :cmas4

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2011, 10:29:18 AM »
What if Joyce decided not to shave her head? :mas25

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2011, 10:29:59 AM »

Good point! :cmas16 I had forgotten that Rob & Kimberly won the next leg.

I will disagree with you both. Yes, Rob/Kimberly would have finished last in AR10 Ep. 11 at the Berber camp and become Marked for Elimination. That would have given Rob/Kimberly the necessity of making up 30 minutes on a DETOUR and possibly influenced their choice of which option to take and probably how quickly they finished. Could they have made up 30 minutes against any of the other teams? I don't think so.