Author Topic: The Amazing Race: What If  (Read 605192 times)

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
Re: The Amazing Race: What If
« Reply #1800 on: March 04, 2018, 06:57:38 PM »
What if Trevor & Chris survived Leg 6?
What if Eric & Daniel survived Leg 8?

Going back to a past season, what if Scott & Blair beat Tyler & Korey to the pit stop in Tbilisi, Georgia?
Trevor & Chris survived > Big Brother done in Prague
Twins still booted because of bad voices, while Ocean rescues' passport issue causing their downfall
Alex & Connor likely done in HK too, leaving WellStrung, Yale and extreme as final 3 > Yale winning

I think the win could've also been Well Strung. As musicians, especially touring musicians, they have high capacities for memory, which I think could've helped them in that final roadblock. They also had the physical strength to push through the climbing roadblock.

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1801 on: March 04, 2018, 07:44:14 PM »
What if Trevor & Chris survived Leg 6?
What if Eric & Daniel survived Leg 8?

Going back to a past season, what if Scott & Blair beat Tyler & Korey to the pit stop in Tbilisi, Georgia?
Trevor & Chris survived > Big Brother done in Prague
Twins still booted because of bad voices, while Ocean rescues' passport issue causing their downfall
Alex & Connor likely done in HK too, leaving WellStrung, Yale and extreme as final 3 > Yale winning

If Twins survived Zimbabwe,
Ocean Rescue / Indy car remained to be 5th and 4th,
Leaving Final 3 as Yale, Twins and Extreme,
Then a Yale win is expected

If Scott & Blair survived Georgia,
They are likely gone in Bali 1 due to the physical exhaustion.
Burnie & Ashley still u-turn Frisbee but Frisbee can now 2nd u-turn Dancers of Zach & Rachel (To keep underdog Sheri & Cole in the game), with Dancers likely being hit and eliminated in Bali 2
Shenzhen and LA is anybody's game
Brodie & Kurt might U-turn Matt & Dana or Zach & Rachel, the team got 2nd slot would likely to be eliminated
For this case Burnie & Ashley win leg 9 & 10, Tyler curse's end

Offline ZA-TAR-fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1802 on: March 05, 2018, 05:05:37 AM »
I think the win could've also been Well Strung. As musicians, especially touring musicians, they have high capacities for memory, which I think could've helped them in that final roadblock. They also had the physical strength to push through the climbing roadblock.

It is difficult to say, as the RB took over 2 and a half hours complete, it does seem like quite a bit of luck was involved. 

I would also like to see them again in a future season.

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1803 on: March 05, 2018, 09:01:55 AM »
Here's a what if:

What if Tanner and Josh had beat Denise and James Earl to the pit stop in Agra?

My bet is that Green Team would've U-Turned them instead of Paparazzi, so I think it would've still yielded the same results post-India, but what do you guys think?

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1804 on: March 05, 2018, 11:35:20 PM »
Here's a what if:

What if Tanner and Josh had beat Denise and James Earl to the pit stop in Agra?

My bet is that Green Team would've U-Turned them instead of Paparazzi, so I think it would've still yielded the same results post-India, but what do you guys think?

Yup, same post-India results considering how far behind both teams were in India. Logan & Chris were U-turned, but even they weren't eliminated from it.

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1805 on: March 06, 2018, 06:24:23 AM »
TAR 23 leg 8 If Jason & Amy U-turned Tim & Marie, would Nicky & Kim have a chance to survive?
TAR 28 leg 4 if other team(s) help Jessica & Brittany at flag roadblock, who would be booted, how far would the models go to ?
TAR Asia 5 leg 1 if Nic & Lisa beat Eric & Rona in starting line task, how far would they go and who use U-turn in penultive leg ?

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1806 on: March 06, 2018, 06:47:19 AM »
TAR 23 leg 8 If Jason & Amy U-turned Tim & Marie, would Nicky & Kim have a chance to survive?
TAR 28 leg 4 if other team(s) help Jessica & Brittany at flag roadblock, who would be booted, how far would the models go to ?
TAR Asia 5 leg 1 if Nic & Lisa beat Eric & Rona in starting line task, how far would they go and who use U-turn in penultive leg ?
For TAR23, bunnies were basically behind Ally & Ashley after the detour already,  and then they have issues in self-driving. I wonder exes being u-turn can save them.

For TAR28, definitely Scott & Blair. You can see they end up being last in the footrace. Have all the teams been on the same train, Scott & Blair will definitely be eliminated.
Then Erin sucked at the France roadblock, Tyler & Korey booted in Georgia because of Korey's terrible dancing.
Models will likely be eliminated in Bali 1 because of the physical exhaustion.
Like the questions on the previous page, Frisbee boys can now use a 2nd u-turn to save themselves, leaving the u-turn victim (likely dancers because of the better past performance) being eliminated.
Shenzhen & LA could be anybody's game

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1807 on: March 07, 2018, 06:43:15 AM »
For TAR23, bunnies were basically behind Ally & Ashley after the detour already,  and then they have issues in self-driving. I wonder exes being u-turn can save them.

For TAR28, definitely Scott & Blair. You can see they end up being last in the footrace. Have all the teams been on the same train, Scott & Blair will definitely be eliminated.
Then Erin sucked at the France roadblock, Tyler & Korey booted in Georgia because of Korey's terrible dancing.
Like the questions on the previous page, Frisbee boys can now use a 2nd u-turn to save themselves, leaving the u-turn victim (likely dancers because of the better past performance) being eliminated.
TAR 28 Another case might occur, as model girls/beauty queens usually performed well in Bali/Lombok legs (Sam & Renae, Jess & Lani, Parul & Maggie, Yvonne & Chloe). I thought Jess & Brit had a chance to survive Indonesia 1 (Zach & Rachel booted), in leg 10 Burnie & Ashley U-turned Brodie & Kurt then Brodie & Kurt u-turned Matt & Dana, leaving F4 with Sheri & Cole, Brodie & Kurt, Burnie & Ashley and Jessica & Brittany.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1808 on: March 07, 2018, 06:57:17 AM »

TAR 28 Another case might occur, as model girls/beauty queens usually performed well in Bali/Lombok legs (Sam & Renae, Jess & Lani, Parul & Maggie, Yvonne & Chloe). I thought Jess & Brit had a chance to survive Indonesia 1 (Zach & Rachel booted), in leg 10 Burnie & Ashley U-turned Brodie & Kurt then Brodie & Kurt u-turned Matt & Dana, leaving F4 with Sheri & Cole, Brodie & Kurt, Burnie & Ashley and Jessica & Brittany.

Considering that Jess & Brit are models, they could have taken that detour on self-riding unicycles. We know that Burnie and Ashley switched detours and faced difficulties because of that, and Sheri and Cole took a tremendously long time on the unicycle detour. However, even if we assume that Brodie and Kurt took the art installations then it would still mean that Burnie and Ashley would be gone for a toss. F3 with the models?
And if you take into consideration the very prospect that Brodie and Kurt are there for a physically oriented finale, Sheri and Cole and Jessica and Brittany will take 2nd and 3rd.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1809 on: March 07, 2018, 08:20:09 AM »

Considering that Jess & Brit are models, they could have taken that detour on self-riding unicycles. We know that Burnie and Ashley switched detours and faced difficulties because of that, and Sheri and Cole took a tremendously long time on the unicycle detour. However, even if we assume that Brodie and Kurt took the art installations then it would still mean that Burnie and Ashley would be gone for a toss. F3 with the models?
And if you take into consideration the very prospect that Brodie and Kurt are there for a physically oriented finale, Sheri and Cole and Jessica and Brittany will take 2nd and 3rd.
The jumping rb was the deciding factor of that RB. While jumping distance may not have any correlation with physical fitness.

One thing we have to be noted that is Kurt used up all of his RB quotas by leg 9 already. Therefore, Brodie, the less patient guy,  will have to do the search-for-spots RB in Shenzhen, which Brodie's frustration may bring them down.

If Brodie & Kurt made the LA finale, who did the jumping roadblock may have huge difference in outcome. Not only becuase of the matter of jumping ability, but also the mentally-challenging final RB. If Kurt picked the jumping one, they will likely be screwed as Brodie seemed to be terrible in mental challenge.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1810 on: March 07, 2018, 11:22:35 AM »

The jumping rb was the deciding factor of that RB. While jumping distance may not have any correlation with physical fitness.

One thing we have to be noted that is Kurt used up all of his RB quotas by leg 9 already. Therefore, Brodie, the less patient guy,  will have to do the search-for-spots RB in Shenzhen, which Brodie's frustration may bring them down.

If Brodie & Kurt made the LA finale, who did the jumping roadblock may have huge difference in outcome. Not only becuase of the matter of jumping ability, but also the mentally-challenging final RB. If Kurt picked the jumping one, they will likely be screwed as Brodie seemed to be terrible in mental challenge.

I remember in a post-race interview Brodie said he had surgery somewhere on his leg 6 months before the race, iinm. That's why Kurt did most of the roadblocks. I think he'd do worse in the jumping roadblock during the finale, compared to Kurt doing it instead, considering this surgery prior to the race.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1811 on: March 25, 2018, 04:50:33 PM »
I just watched the Seychelles Leg of TAR16 and this What If probably has been done before. But...

What if TAR16, Leg 7 had been an elimination Leg and Jet & Cord were eliminated? (Or if I were Phil, I'd have eliminated them just for throwing the map pouch at his feet.  :barf)

Who would've made Final 3 instead? And I wonder, if they had been eliminated then, would it be a lesser chance to be invited back for TAR18? (Though them leaving the bottle on the boat certainly qualifies for Unfinished Business more than the show portraying their loss as getting "cheated" out of a million dollars :barf)

The non-Top 3 finish on TAR16 also would lower their profile and likely would not have warranted a TAR24 invite either (though they certainly were not the worst team on TAR24... just 2nd worst).

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1812 on: March 26, 2018, 04:11:24 AM »
I just watched the Seychelles Leg of TAR16 and this What If probably has been done before. But...

What if TAR16, Leg 7 had been an elimination Leg and Jet & Cord were eliminated? (Or if I were Phil, I'd have eliminated them just for throwing the map pouch at his feet.  :barf)

Who would've made Final 3 instead? And I wonder, if they had been eliminated then, would it be a lesser chance to be invited back for TAR18? (Though them leaving the bottle on the boat certainly qualifies for Unfinished Business more than the show portraying their loss as getting "cheated" out of a million dollars :barf)

The non-Top 3 finish on TAR16 also would lower their profile and likely would not have warranted a TAR24 invite either (though they certainly were not the worst team on TAR24... just 2nd worst).
Leg 8 swung to NEL, Steve & Allie got it, I thought the father/daughter would be gone in Singapore and Louie & Michael in leg 11, leaving f3 with Dan & Jordan, Brent & Caite and Carol & Brandy with same result.
If Louie & Michael U-turned Jet & Cord instead of Joe & Heidi, who would be booted in leg 5?

Gra1162

« Reply #1813 on: March 26, 2018, 06:33:49 AM »

Yeah I Agree I think The models have a chance its just that they made a huge mistake I think the plain Chamonix leg they can survive cause I think they will do well in paragliding with there bodies but i think they will come in last in Armenia but its a non cause i think sheri can beat her in changing oil cause she is a model and doesn't know how but I think they will place 3rd or 2nd in Georgia since it is a dancing task then In dubai I think they can be 1st or 2nd cause girls have more patince so in the RB she can be good and maybe beat Brodie and Kurt for a 1st place check in In Bail 1 I think in the salt task they will move to 5th or last but since they have attention to detail it can move them to 4th or 5th maybe then In bail 2 I think they and sheri and coal are not strong enough but Burnie and Ashley will u turn Brodie and Kurt brodie and Kurt will u turn dana and matt
and the models might be 2nd or 1st on china since models have perfect balance they might be really good in china and make it to final 3
I think they have a shot at winning the whole thing
My spec for the placements if they did not make the big mistakes
Leg 1 non
Leg 2 Darius & Cameron (if Marty & Hagan got there taxi)
Leg 3 Marty & Hagan
Leg 4 Sheri & Cole (since when they were running sheri gave it her best while Scott and Blair just fast walked since they know they aren't elim)
Leg 5 Erin & Joslyn (STILL)
Leg 6 Ordered to continue Racing
Leg 7 Tyler & Korey (If Scott didn't take Tyler's bag)
Leg 8 non (probably Zach & Rachel or Scott & Blair)    
Leg 9 Scott & Blair
Leg 10 Zach & Rachel or Dana & Matt (Burnie and Ashley u turn Brodie and Kurt, Brodie and Kurt u turn Zach & Rachel or Dana & Matt)
Leg 11 Burnie and Ashley (since they got troubled for switching detours)
Finals
1st Models or Dancers
2nd Models or Dancers
3rd Brodie and Kurt

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1814 on: March 26, 2018, 06:09:18 PM »
Leg 8 swung to NEL, Steve & Allie got it, I thought the father/daughter would be gone in Singapore and Louie & Michael in leg 11, leaving f3 with Dan & Jordan, Brent & Caite and Carol & Brandy with same result.
If Louie & Michael U-turned Jet & Cord instead of Joe & Heidi, who would be booted in leg 5?
Jeff & Jordan probably would've been eliminated that Leg. Weren't they really far behind?
With the next Leg still in France, I seem to remember it being a very linear Leg. So whoever was behind in Leg 5 would've been in danger.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1815 on: March 27, 2018, 01:00:56 AM »
I just finished watching the pilot of TARAus 2 (finally, I was looking forward to seeing it!), and honestly it was so good. why did they stop making TARAus anyways?

But yeah, what if in leg 1 Lumilia checked in before the alpha twits ? Do you think Ross & Taryn would have still salvaged them or...?

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #1816 on: March 27, 2018, 01:03:30 AM »
I just finished watching the pilot of TARAus 2 (finally, I was looking forward to seeing it!), and honestly it was so good. why did they stop making TARAus anyways?

But yeah, what if in leg 1 Lumilia checked in before the alpha twits ? Do you think Ross & Taryn would have still salvaged them or...?

They stopped making TARAus, because of poor ratings due to a poor timeslot.

I reckon Ross and Taryn would of saved the alpha's, cause they seemed like they wanted to give everyone a go...

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1817 on: March 27, 2018, 02:01:18 AM »

I reckon Ross and Taryn would of saved the alpha's, cause they seemed like they wanted to give everyone a go...

Also the teams didn't really experience Paul's true colors in the first leg, and we only got a taste of it. I was actually rooting for Paul and Steve in the first leg and then regretted it once I saw how much of a d*ck Paul was  :lol:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1818 on: March 27, 2018, 05:27:51 AM »

Steve & Allie in the final 3. Malaysia NEL and Brent & Caite will still u-turn Carol & Brandy, and Louie & Michael would still have problems in Shanghai. Dan & Jordan would still win the race probably.

Gra1162

« Reply #1819 on: March 28, 2018, 07:52:20 AM »

Also the teams didn't really experience Paul's true colors in the first leg, and we only got a taste of it. I was actually rooting for Paul and Steve in the first leg and then regretted it once I saw how much of a d*ck Paul was  :lol:
I was rooting for Lucy and Emila and Michelle and Jo yes Paul is a really horrible person steve desevres better

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1820 on: May 23, 2018, 07:49:18 PM »
If Tiffany completed RB in leg 11 for her team instead of Krista, what would happen, who would be in F3 and who would win

Gra1162

« Reply #1821 on: May 23, 2018, 10:39:10 PM »
If Tiffany completed RB in leg 11 for her team instead of Krista, what would happen, who would be in F3 and who would win
Hm this is a toughy but yes it might change krista kept looking inside and went to the wrong area but maybe tiffany did it I t would be ok and I think they had a Big shot at winning

Gra1162

« Reply #1822 on: May 23, 2018, 10:46:12 PM »
Ok what if TAR 19 leg 3 was a non what would happen to Kaylani & Lisa?

what if Matt and redmond took a taxi insted of a train in TAR 29 leg 11

What if  Maria and Tiffany did the Farmer's Dance detour first? in their interview it siad it was missed for a bit

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1823 on: May 27, 2018, 09:08:02 AM »
Ok what if TAR 19 leg 3 was a non what would happen to Kaylani & Lisa?

what if Matt and redmond took a taxi insted of a train in TAR 29 leg 11

What if  Maria and Tiffany did the Farmer's Dance detour first? in their interview it siad it was missed for a bit
They still wouldn't have had enough power to complete the high striker game prior. :duno: They had multiple, multiple attempts on it. Tiffany was the closest to hit it, but it still had a longer way to go on her best hit, and Maria barely got the cue off the ground.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

CocoNuts

« Reply #1824 on: June 19, 2018, 04:31:34 PM »
What if Caroline and Jennifer went home in leg-1 of TAR24 instead of twinnies? Or well... if twinnies didn't follow them in the wedding task? Could they have went on and made it far?