Author Topic: The Amazing Race: What If  (Read 609624 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race: What If
« Reply #1575 on: December 24, 2015, 10:53:10 AM »
In TAR24, what if the 2nd flight arrived before the 1st flight (let's say there was a delay)?
Leg 3 of TAR24, the one with pre-booked flights to Malaysia. Sorry I forgot to add the leg number. :groan:

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1576 on: December 24, 2015, 08:02:17 PM »
Quote from: Zack
Finish as of the end of leg 11

1st - Kym & Alli - 2 wins - used U-Turn
2nd - Brooke & Robbie - 1 win - used Save kinda / saved by NEL
3rd - Adam & Bethany - 3 wins - used FF
4th - Shelley & Nici - 0 wins - saved by NEL x2

Raptor shrieks of delight abound as Shelley & Nici cockroach their way to the finale. Who will win? Find out...when when I get a stable Internet connection at home.  :cmas20

Innyway, teams are given a manila envelope in the Virgin Islands which directs them to City Hall and eventually the film studio. In reality Adam & Bethany beat Brooke & Robbie so Adam & Bethany are removed from my theories of who gets eliminated midround. We know that Broome & Robbie were awful at this part in real life but that Shelley & Nici were not great navigating either (Shetlands to Aberdeen, Copenhagen, rural Marrakech) so I fired up random.org and played Russian roulette, using 4 slots for B/R, 3 for S/N and 1 for K/A. Ultimately Brooke & Robbie are eliminated in fourth. I then figured out the random order teams start/finish RB 1 and get:

1st - Shelley & Nici
2nd - Kym & Alli
3rd - Adam & Bethany

According to maf the rescue task really didn't help out Adam & Bethany much but I still put them as odds on favorites to finish first. From their youtube vids it sounds like Kym & Alli have decent faculty with water tasks and I don't have any information to go off on for Shelley & Nici. Adjusting for relative competence on random.org I get a finish order here of

1. Kym & Alli
2. Adam & Bethany
(gap)
3. Shelley & Nici

Here teams are directed to use taxis and I figure I should include the potential of bad taxi luck. Accordingly teams arrive at the container yard in the following order:

1. Kym & Alli
(gap)
2. Adam & Bethany
(gap)
3. Shelley & Nici

I'm not going to attempt to weight the teams' chances of doing a mental task like this - I know Bethany struggled at this but arriving last at RB 1 would allow them to see that Bethany could do it and leave Adam with the mental task - but I did factor in the time gaps; by the time Shelley & Nici arrive, Kym & Alli have two correct numbers and Adam & Bethany have one. I literally went item by item to see who finished in what place and found

1. Adam & Bethany
2. Kym & Alli
3. Shelley & Nici

All fished at the same time  :cmas18 which means the season comes to a taxi race. One more use of random.org gives the final results:

1st - Shelley & Nici - 1 win - saved by NEL x2
2nd - Kym & Alli - 2 wins - used U-Turn
3rd - Adam & Bethany - 3 wins - used FF
4th - Brooke & Robbie - 1 win - U-Turned, used Save, saved by NEL (still suck at driving)
5th - Tim & TeJay  - 1 win - saved by NEL (U-Turn magically inserted here, they get hit with one of the U-Turns, navigation trouble and sheep problems)
6th - Jim & Misti - 4 wins - U-Turned, used U-Turn, used Express Pass (they still fail in Copenhagen, minus a Save)
7th - Michael & Scott - 0 wins - n/a (got lost in navigation heavy leg)
8th - Keith & Whitney - 0 wins - n/a (weakest team to fall for Painters trap)
9th - Dennis & Isabelle - 0 wins - n/a (lose FF battle)
10th - Lisa & Michelle - 0 wins - n/a (switch Detours, suck at both)
11th - Amy & Maya - 0 wins - n/a (Amy runs into a car at the Detour, dies at the RB)

While Shelley & Nici going from technical last to first just because of their taxi is probably not what Plat intended when asking this, the idea of a team being spared by two consecutive NELs, melting down at multie junctions and not really excelling in anything winning would make TAR 25 a stronger contender for best thing of television ever.  :xmas110

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1577 on: December 24, 2015, 08:15:40 PM »
In TAR24, what if the 2nd flight arrived before the 1st flight (let's say there was a delay)?
Leg 3 of TAR24, the one with pre-booked flights to Malaysia. Sorry I forgot to add the leg number. :groan:
Carol Jen booted in Malaysia 1
Margie & Luke was quite behind other teams in Sri Lanka 1
FT & BE got NEL in Sri Lanka 1 and eliminated in Italy 1 (speed bump would cost a precious time)
Youtube most likely ended in Italy 2 because navigation skill
Cowboys still got U-turned and booted in Spain

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #1578 on: December 25, 2015, 12:20:38 AM »
Carol Jen booted in Malaysia 1
Margie & Luke was quite behind other teams in Sri Lanka 1
FT & BE got NEL in Sri Lanka 1 and eliminated in Italy 1 (speed bump would cost a precious time)
Youtube most likely ended in Italy 2 because navigation skill
Cowboys still got U-turned and booted in Spain

So if Caro and Jen had eliminated in Malaysia 1, who would have replaced them in F3?

My guess would be J/J... But because J/J had a weakness in making decision (actually the worst one :lol:) I think Leo/Jamal would be most likely :)
what might have been

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1579 on: December 26, 2015, 08:11:26 PM »
if TAR US 20 leg 8 in Tanzania had the Hours of Operations, would Nary & Jaime have a chance to survive even with the speed bump when both Brenchel and Ranessa was U-turned?
If Caroline & Jennifer chose the "Fowl" detour task first, what would happen in leg 7 (including donkeys' dynamics)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1580 on: December 26, 2015, 09:34:49 PM »
if TAR US 20 leg 8 in Tanzania had the Hours of Operations, would Nary & Jaime have a chance to survive even with the speed bump when both Brenchel and Ranessa was U-turned?
If Caroline & Jennifer chose the "Fowl" detour task first, what would happen in leg 7 (including donkeys' dynamics)
Depends on the HoO. They have a chance perhaps.

I think CaroJen would still survive because Pam & Winnie did worse that leg.

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1581 on: January 01, 2016, 09:05:46 PM »
If 11th team finished 10th instead in leg 1 from S20 to S27
S20 Misa & Maya most likely went home in L5, Kerri & Stacy ended in leg 8, Nary & Jaime last longer (at least to leg 11)
S21 Rob/Sheila ousted in Bangladesh 1, no U-turn plan in leg 9
S22 Matt/Daniel would face a difficult in both self-driving car legs in Botswana and eliminated, Pwinnie survived longer and replaced CarolJen in S24

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1582 on: January 02, 2016, 05:24:44 AM »
If Kelsey & Joey's tuktuk didn't get lost on the way to Leg 9's detour…

Kelsey & Joey would've won the Honolulu trip and the $5,000 each instead of Justin & Diana.
Justin & Diana would've been U-turned by Kelsey & Joey on Leg 9; by Logan & Chris, Leg 10.
Denise & James Earl would've gone home at Leg 9, while Justin & Diana have a chance of being booted out in Leg 10. If it's not Justin & Diana, Tiffany & Krista would've gone home for Leg 10.

Meanwhile, if Kelsey & Joey didn't U-turn Tanner & Josh on Leg 9…

Logan & Chris will probably use their U-turn on Justin & Diana for Leg 9, wasting it pathetically; however, Justin & Diana will likely U-turn Logan & Chris the following leg, if not Tanner & Josh.
Denise & James Earl will be eliminated on Leg 9, while Tanner & Josh or Logan & Chris will be eliminated in Leg 10. Whoever survives among the 2 teams, that team will most likely beat Kelsey & Joey for 1st on the following leg. :funny:

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1583 on: January 02, 2016, 07:52:22 PM »

Kelsey & Joey would've won the Honolulu trip and the $5,000 each instead of Justin & Diana.
Justin & Diana would've been U-turned by Kelsey & Joey on Leg 9; by Logan & Chris, Leg 10.
Denise & James Earl would've gone home at Leg 9, while Justin & Diana have a chance of being booted out in Leg 10. If it's not Justin & Diana, Tiffany & Krista would've gone home for Leg 10.

Logan & Chris will probably use their U-turn on Justin & Diana for Leg 9, wasting it pathetically; however, Justin & Diana will likely U-turn Logan & Chris the following leg, if not Tanner & Josh.
Denise & James Earl will be eliminated on Leg 9, while Tanner & Josh or Logan & Chris will be eliminated in Leg 10. Whoever survives among the 2 teams, that team will most likely beat Kelsey & Joey for 1st on the following leg. :funny:
In the case of Kelsey/Joey U-turned Justin & Diana, Tanner & Josh most likely survived, but the Texans most likely faced a difficult in leg 11 and went home, cheerleaders survived and had a chance to win

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1584 on: January 02, 2016, 10:22:16 PM »

In the case of Kelsey/Joey U-turned Justin & Diana, Tanner & Josh most likely survived, but the Texans most likely faced a difficult in leg 11 and went home, cheerleaders survived and had a chance to win
Tanner & Josh have a chance of winning Leg 11 from how I see it.

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1585 on: January 03, 2016, 07:46:28 PM »
What if Tanner and Josh didn't wait for Tiffany and Krista in the RB? Tiffany and Krista being the one with Speed Bump on the next leg.
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1586 on: January 03, 2016, 07:59:54 PM »
What if Tanner and Josh didn't wait for Tiffany and Krista in the RB? Tiffany and Krista being the one with Speed Bump on the next leg.
Tiffany & Krista out in Leg 9.
Denise & James Earl out in Leg 10.
(Most likely) Justin & Diana out in Leg 11.
If Tanner & Josh win, Kelsey & Joey might regret not U-turning Tanner & Josh. :cmas50

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1587 on: January 04, 2016, 04:58:55 AM »
If Tanner & Josh win, Kelsey & Joey might regret not U-turning Tanner & Josh. :cmas50
If Tanner & Josh are still U-Turned on leg 9 (and not Tiffany & Krista), then I think it might be Denise & James Earl out in Leg 9.
Then Logan & Chris out in Leg 10.
Tiffany & Krista out in Leg 11.

That leaves us with a F3 of Justin & Diana, Joey & Kelsey AND Tanner & Josh. :) I have a feeling the same winners would prevail.

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1588 on: January 06, 2016, 06:33:12 AM »
If TAR 26 were normal season and TAR 27 were dating couples season (Other factors is unchanged), what would happened

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1589 on: January 06, 2016, 06:45:01 AM »
If TAR 26 were normal season and TAR 27 were dating couples season (Other factors is unchanged), what would happened

Hmmm… ???

Perhaps, the blind dating idea would fall, because of the linear legs making the season much worse. ???

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1590 on: January 06, 2016, 02:46:40 PM »
RFF would rage over 2 gimmicks in a row.
But whatevs, TAR27 was atrocious anyway.

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1591 on: January 06, 2016, 06:36:13 PM »
If Tanner & Josh are still U-Turned on leg 9 (and not Tiffany & Krista), then I think it might be Denise & James Earl out in Leg 9.
Then Logan & Chris out in Leg 10.
Tiffany & Krista out in Leg 11.

That leaves us with a F3 of Justin & Diana, Joey & Kelsey AND Tanner & Josh. :) I have a feeling the same winners would prevail.

I think whoever is in the F3 with Joey and Kelsey's taxi waiting, they will win.
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1592 on: January 19, 2016, 02:19:37 AM »
Nicky and Kim eliminated. ^^

What a great What If scenario when this season finish... if Chester and Ephraim caught their flights or were booked on Nicole and Travis's flight, that means that one team may be with Tim and Marie (probably Jason and Amy because I think they were the last ones to have tickets to the first flight)... so what's gonna happen if that really happened? :funny:
In this case Tim & Marie, Amy & Jason on their last flights to Lisbon, Tim & Marie used their EPs and surpassed Jason & Amy
9th Jason & Amy (curse because overtaken by express pass's user)
8th Chester & Ephraim (their overweight faced a huge difficulty in both performance detours)
7th Tim & Danny
6th Nicky & Kim
5th Nicole & Travis (without Amy, Nicole would stuggle in her RB task)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1593 on: January 19, 2016, 05:14:40 AM »
Nicky and Kim eliminated. ^^

What a great What If scenario when this season finish... if Chester and Ephraim caught their flights or were booked on Nicole and Travis's flight, that means that one team may be with Tim and Marie (probably Jason and Amy because I think they were the last ones to have tickets to the first flight)... so what's gonna happen if that really happened? :funny:
In this case Tim & Marie, Amy & Jason on their last flights to Lisbon, Tim & Marie used their EPs and surpassed Jason & Amy
9th Jason & Amy (curse because overtaken by express pass's user)
8th Chester & Ephraim (their overweight faced a huge difficulty in both performance detours)
7th Tim & Danny
6th Nicky & Kim
5th Nicole & Travis (without Amy, Nicole would stuggle in her RB task)

The 9th place curse lives forever! :funny: :funny: :funny:

I disagree to Chester & Ephraim being eliminated due to being overweight, but a gut feeling of mine says that Brandon & Adam will most likely survive while Chester & Ephraim will be eliminated. ???

To continue this what if scenario, we would have Tim & Marie, Brandon & Adam, Ally & Ashley, and Leo & Jamal in the F4. I'm guessing Leo & Jamal will still end up in 4th. As for the top 3, it's anybody's game.

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1594 on: January 19, 2016, 08:26:18 PM »
And Ally & Ashley most likely win leg 10 in this case as both sides of the detour and roadblock in this leg were favored for female racers!

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1595 on: January 19, 2016, 11:35:05 PM »
I like the idea that if only Ally & Ashley selected to do the Bird Detour in Indo 1. It would make huge impact to the rest of the race.

- Leg 9: Ice girl prob won. Since Nicole is so desperate with that RB. Amy won't help her either since they're last two. So ER Doc go home.
- Leg 10: Ice girl prob won again lol with those cooking and make-up challenge.
- Leg 11: Ice Girl and Leo & Jamal prob stick together and do the RB together to surpass Jason & Amy. While Marie majestically finished her RB in less than ten seconds. <3 Left Jason & Amy to bust out in last place. LOL

So F3 consisted of Ice Girl, Tim & Marie and Leo & Jamal. Sounds hell lots better than the original F3. (Like, Who wants to see Travis passive-agressive pressure Nicole for her performance for like, 4 consecutive legs?)

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1596 on: January 30, 2016, 07:57:46 PM »
A TAR16 and TAR24 scenario (non-Cowboys question): Jody did not get kicked in the head by a cow, her and Shannon were able to outrun the detectives to the Pit Stop, then got far enough to be in all-stars (24).

If Jody & Shannon had made the season instead of Caroline & Jennifer, how far would they have gotten if good road vehicle luck is granted on their side meaning they don't get lost or suffer a car malfunction?
in this scenario
Louie & Michael 10th
Monique & Shawne 9th
Jordan & Jeff 8th (Without Louie & Michael, Joe & Heidi couldn't be U-turned)
Brent & Caite 7th
Joe & Heidi 6th (most likely due to Joe's injury in previous leg)
Jody & Shannon 5th (because physic task in Singapore, without Brent & Caite, Carol & Brandy couldn't be U-turned)
Dan & Jordan 4th
F3 contains Jet & Cord, Steve & Allie and Carol & Brandy and the lesbians might become the first FF team win

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1597 on: January 31, 2016, 01:36:41 PM »
A TAR16 and TAR24 scenario (non-Cowboys question): Jody did not get kicked in the head by a cow, her and Shannon were able to outrun the detectives to the Pit Stop, then got far enough to be in all-stars (24).

If Jody & Shannon had made the season instead of Caroline & Jennifer, how far would they have gotten if good road vehicle luck is granted on their side meaning they don't get lost or suffer a car malfunction?
in this scenario
Louie & Michael 10th
Monique & Shawne 9th
Brent & Caite 7th
Jody & Shannon 5th (because physic task in Singapore, without Brent & Caite, Carol & Brandy couldn't be U-turned)
Dan & Jordan 4th
F3 contains Jet & Cord, Steve & Allie and Carol & Brandy and the lesbians might become the first FF team win

What physical task in Singapore?

The detour was serving ice cream sandwiches or playing a drum.
The roadblock was counting chains
They also had to do a zipline

Unless you meant the FastForward of climbing the Singapore Flyer but it was optional.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1598 on: February 01, 2016, 05:19:48 AM »

in this scenario
Louie & Michael 10th
Monique & Shawne 9th
Brent & Caite 7th
Dan & Jordan 4th

What physical task in Singapore?

The detour was serving ice cream sandwiches or playing a drum.
The roadblock was counting chains
They also had to do a zipline

Unless you meant the FastForward of climbing the Singapore Flyer but it was optional.

Maybe he confused it for the physical detour in Malaysia? ???
Jody's a bodybuilder from what I remember, so physical tasks shouldn't be a problem to her. :hug?:

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1599 on: February 05, 2016, 10:10:06 PM »
TAR 21 leg 1 if Rob & Sheila didn't go to bank of China's office in Shanghai they most likely survived this leg, would the texans help the chips to find an abacus woman because the chips could outrun the texans to the pitstop?
What would happen later for this season?