Author Topic: The Amazing Race: What If  (Read 608772 times)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race: What If
« Reply #1475 on: July 19, 2015, 07:52:18 AM »
What if TAR 10 was like TAR 15 and the 11th team was instead marked for elimination? How far do you think Vipul & Arti would have gone?

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1476 on: July 19, 2015, 08:53:13 AM »
Since I realized that Jon & Jaclyn were going be in TAR but asked to be in Survivor, what if they are in TAR 25?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1477 on: July 20, 2015, 12:18:45 AM »
What if TAR 10 was like TAR 15 and the 11th team was instead marked for elimination? How far do you think Vipul & Arti would have gone?

Leg 2: Cheerleaders still gone. They quit that fire shooting RB. (It would be 4 hours penalty had they not be the last team to check-in anyway)
Leg 3: Duke & Lauren still gone I think, money problem and got buried by difficult detour choice.
Leg 4: Tom & Terry, rowing boat problem
Leg 5: NEL
Leg 6: Peter & Sarah got lost several hours in Kuwait
Leg 7: NEL (Probably David & Mary)
Leg 8: Here's when I think it won't work because they put Intersection in this leg but there are 7 teams. Assuming no Intersection twist, then probably David & Mary boot anyway due to Physical Leg + MFE + They cannot do this FF.
Leg 9: Erwin & Godwin got interrogated by police in Kiev.
Leg 10: It MUST turn into Elimination leg because or else it gonna be Final 4. :lol: The detour is first come, first serve. Then, it's down between BQ Vs. Rob & Kimberly at the olive crusher. Kinda predict BQ's boot since they arrive later than R&K.
Leg 11: It's between Tyler & James and Vipul & Arti. If Vipul & Arti chose to do the tomato detour, they would survive. But if not, then Tyler & James survive.
Leg 12: Either Tyler & James (if they survive last leg) or Rob & Kimberly. Since the other two teams are likely cannot beat them when it down to footrace in NYC.

Hard What-If though, because they add Intersection which doesn't add-up. :P

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1478 on: July 20, 2015, 12:32:52 AM »
Since I realized that Jon & Jaclyn were going be in TAR but asked to be in Survivor, what if they are in TAR 25?

Assuming they replaced Keith & Whitney for Survival couple spot, it probably go down this way. (I didn't watch Survivor that season so I might be wrong about their performance though. :P)

Leg 1: I cannot see they got more mess than the realtor girls. So nothing change.
Leg 2: Umm, probably Denis & Isabel still gone. Not only they struggle at every tasks that leg, but they had serious meltdown during that leg also. So they're likely to survive, except they got drowned in the canal or something. :lol:
Leg 3: Firefighter out.
Leg 4: NEL
Leg 5: Since they MIGHT not initiate the drama with Shelly & Nici (Right?). Amy & Maya might boot here.  :'(
Leg 6: Shelly & Nici MIGHT still gone. (We don't know their navigation skill, but if Amy & Maya can beat them at navigation. Then I don't think Shelly & Nici will survive.)
Leg 7: NEL
Leg 8: Tim & TJ not let go that Flag detour send them home. So if Jon & Jaclyn didn't make the same mistake, they're likely to survive.
Leg 9: Cyclists FF's battle send them home. But this leg is kinda hard to predict because of that U-Turn, I don't know if the plan will change or not since Amy & Maya is out of the picture now. But Kym & Alli are likely to go here since they're too far behind.
Leg 10: NEL
Leg 11: NEL :lol:
Leg 12: So the F3 probably stay the same but it will be Jon & Jaclyn instead of Amy & Maya. I think the dentist will win it all. So thank god Jon & Jaclyn is not on this season. :lol:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1479 on: July 21, 2015, 06:33:48 AM »
TAR26:
What if the Monaco leg was Leg 5 and the German leg was Leg 6?

My guess for Leg 5: Still the same with Bergen & Kurt out. :funny: It's just that they won't be gravely behind. They'll just get a penalty that might kick them out.

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1480 on: July 21, 2015, 06:45:51 AM »
TAR26:

My guess for Leg 5: Still the same with Bergen & Kurt out. :funny: It's just that they won't be gravely behind. They'll just get a penalty that might kick them out.

I agree with you. Then Mike & Rochelle are likely out in Germany because of their driving problems. Olympics out in Namibia 2. And Hairdressers still out in Peru 1. So it's Jeff & Jackie instead of Mike & Rochelle in F4, I think. So we got entirely blind dating F4. :lol:

Tyler & Laura still win though. They never place 4th at any moment during finale, Laura nail that rappeling RB and they are quite fast at assembling selfie.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #1481 on: July 21, 2015, 09:38:35 AM »

Tyler & Laura still win though. They never place 4th at any moment during finale, Laura nail that rappeling RB and they are quite fast at assembling selfie.

Not necessarily true.  They were 3rd to arrive at the Mid-Point Elimination, and had Mike & Rochelle not got lost, Tyler & Laura would've been Eliminated.  So based on that, if Jeff & Jackie can finish the Football RB quickly then I think they would replace Tyler & Laura in F3, and then it comes down to whether they can finish the Selfie Task faster then Jenny & Jelani.  ???
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1482 on: July 22, 2015, 02:52:01 AM »

Not necessarily true. They were 3rd to arrive at the Mid-Point Elimination, and had Mike & Rochelle not got lost, Tyler & Laura would've been Eliminated.  So based on that, if Jeff & Jackie can finish the Football RB quickly then I think they would replace Tyler & Laura in F3, and then it comes down to whether they can finish the Selfie Task faster then Jenny & Jelani.  ???

I thought it was Jelani & Jenny that arrived 3rd at the ranch? ???

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #1483 on: July 22, 2015, 07:01:52 AM »

Not necessarily true. They were 3rd to arrive at the Mid-Point Elimination, and had Mike & Rochelle not got lost, Tyler & Laura would've been Eliminated.  So based on that, if Jeff & Jackie can finish the Football RB quickly then I think they would replace Tyler & Laura in F3, and then it comes down to whether they can finish the Selfie Task faster then Jenny & Jelani.  ???

I'm pretty sure it said "Currently in 3rd" beside Laura & Tyler when they ripped open their clue?  ???

But a part of me is thinking if Mike & Rochelle hadn't fallen so far behind, and got to the Ranch around or before the other 2, then the Elimination Point would've been after the task, meaning the last team to complete the task is Eliminated instead?
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1484 on: July 22, 2015, 10:25:01 AM »

I'm pretty sure it said "Currently in 3rd" beside Laura & Tyler when they ripped open their clue?  ???

But a part of me is thinking if Mike & Rochelle hadn't fallen so far behind, and got to the Ranch around or before the other 2, then the Elimination Point would've been after the task, meaning the last team to complete the task is Eliminated instead?

I just look up at the finale episode, JJ were 3rd but only like split seconds behind. :lol:

If Mike & Rochelle hadn't fallen behind, I think they can get 2nd place at the ranch not so hard. And it's gonna be a dramatic footrace for Tyler & Laura and Jelani & Jenny at the ranch. They had to eliminate at least 1 team just before the ranch though since there are only 3 herds of horse provided. Which I think might be Jelani & Jenny who got booted. (It's gonna be super awkward though if this happened. :lol:)

But I can see Mike & Rochelle struggle at selfie task like Jelani & Jenny (since I don't think they're very crazy about selfie), so they're still not likely to win.  :(

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1485 on: July 22, 2015, 10:24:17 PM »
What if the Save never existed, and Misti & Jim won the EP instead? At the same time, what if Leg 4 was an EL while Leg 5 was a NEL?

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1486 on: July 23, 2015, 04:42:26 AM »
What if the Save never existed, and Misti & Jim won the EP instead? At the same time, what if Leg 4 was an EL while Leg 5 was a NEL?

Usually Nel's aren't on UTurn legs but anyhow...

Leg 4: Misti & Jim use the express pass the bypass the detour so Adam & Bethany are eliminated

Leg 5: Kieth & Whitney will be Saved

Leg 6: I think Kieth & Whitney wouldn't catch up so their eliminated

Leg 7: Non Elimination

Leg 8: Tim & Teejay still Eliminated

Leg 9: I doubt Shelly & Nici would try the FF so Kym & Ali win while Amy & Maya go home

Leg 10: Non Elimination

Leg 11: Continue Racing

Leg 12: Brooke and Robbie could be eliminated but Shelly & Nici weren't the best with directions either. So it could be a race between Misti & Jim and Kym & Ali

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1487 on: July 23, 2015, 09:28:34 PM »
1)For TAR 15, if Eric & Lisa were allowed to race a leg in japan along with 11 teams, but got 2 hours penalty for not to be completed the starting line task, and leg 1 became a EL, would Maria & Tiffany backtracked to find their missing tourist and who would be eliminated, what happened later
2)For TAR 18 if Amanda & Kris got 30 minutes penalty at leg 1 pitstop because they finished starting line task at last place rather than got U-turned in leg 2, how far would they survive?
3)For TAR 20 if Misa & Maya got 30 minutes penalty at leg 1 pitstop because they finished starting line task at last place and leg 1 became Non elimination leg, what would happen later in two cases?
Leg 2 is Double elimination leg
Leg 4 becomes Elimination leg

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1488 on: July 23, 2015, 09:55:38 PM »
1)For TAR 15, if Eric & Lisa were allowed to race a leg in japan along with 11 teams, but got 2 hours penalty for not to be completed the starting line task, and leg 1 became a EL, would Maria & Tiffany backtracked to find their missing tourist and who would be eliminated, what happened later
2)For TAR 18 if Amanda & Kris got 30 minutes penalty at leg 1 pitstop because they finished starting line task at last place rather than got U-turned in leg 2, how far would they survive?
3)For TAR 20 if Misa & Maya got 30 minutes penalty at leg 1 pitstop because they finished starting line task at last place and leg 1 became Non elimination leg, what would happen later in two cases?

2 would remain the same with Amanda & Kris still going home.
Eris & Lisa will be completely hard to predict.

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1489 on: July 23, 2015, 10:56:08 PM »

1) I'm not really sure. I think it might end up being who reach the pit stop first since Maria & Tiffany are likely going to take 2 hours penalty too for not complete that RI.

2) I think Ron & Chris go home in Leg 2 since they're last for all task after landing in Outback? But if Phil gave them 30 minutes penalty at the second Pit Stop (The EL one), then I agree with Platrium. They're gone.
So if they survive Leg 2 (Ron & Chris out):
Leg 3: Mel & Mike couldn't finish the frog detour.
Leg 4: TBC
Leg 5: Jamie & Cara still go.
Leg 6: Luke & Margie still go.
Leg 7: Since Ron & Chris already out, I think the Goths will go here.
Leg 8: NEL
Leg 9: Cowboys got U-turned.
Leg 10: Zev & Justin out here because they choose harder side of detour and miss the train.
Leg 11: I think this is the leg where Amanda & Kris go, unless they can dance well or something. It's between them and Flight Time & Big Easy.
Leg 12: In the end, I think the Sisters still win with any finalist, they ran almost perfect finale.

3) I think Misa & Maya will end up in the same bus with other 2 F/F and survive leg 2, send Dave & Cherri and the Soccer twins home in Argentina.
Leg 3: Vanessa & Ralph go home.
Leg 4: EL again? That's not likely since they will end up with 3 teams run leg 11. ??? I'll assume it NEL.
Leg 5: Kerri & Stacy go home.
Leg 6: Joey & Danny go home.
Leg 7: NEL
Leg 8: Either Misa & Maya or Nary & Jamie go home. I'll say Misa & Maya go home here since they're less physical stronger than the "teachers" (Both Tanzania leg require lots of physical ability to perform well)
Leg 9: NEL
Leg 10: Mark & Bopper go home.
Leg 11: It's down between Nary & Jamie and Brenchels at Osaka Castle. Not sure who'll make it.
Leg 12: Still Dave & Rachel win it all.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1490 on: July 29, 2015, 09:49:58 PM »
I have been re-watching season 2, and goodness, do I have some new what ifs. :lol:

1. In Leg 2, Peggy & Claire were pressured by teams to do the hanggliding Detour in the following morning. Considering it was late at night, how much further in the race would the Gutsy Grannies go had they performed the metal detecting option and found their "bus to Iguaçu Falls" clue before the crack of dawn?

2. In Leg 4, Shola & Doyin encountered the Paul & Amie curse of being lost in an African desert. How far would they last if they had magically found the Matterhorn Sand Dune in the same placement they had picked up their clue at Swakopmund lighthouse?

3. In Leg 7, Mary began feeling sick during the bitter tea Detour and after a while knew they were in last and dined at a casual Chinese restaurant. What if Mary & Peach finished the drink without much struggle and met the hours of operation required to perform the Roadblock?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 09:53:01 PM by RachelLeVega »
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1491 on: July 29, 2015, 09:51:42 PM »
TAR26:

A question is arisen if leg 4 in Thailand was self-driving car leg (after the detour) would Harley & Jon survived over Bergen & Kurt who can't drive themselves

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1492 on: July 29, 2015, 09:57:59 PM »
TAR26:

A question is arisen if leg 4 in Thailand was self-driving car leg (after the detour) would Harley & Jon survived over Bergen & Kurt who can't drive themselves

I doubt they'll use gear stick in Thailand leg (Esp. in Bangkok) but if they did, then yeah, Bergen & Kurt would probably got huge of penalty that make Harley & Jon survive.

I highly doubt they'll ever drive themselves in Bangkok though, it can easily causes accident that WRP wouldn't want to deal with due to huge load of Motorcyclists, jaywalking, merchants on the road and crazy traffic in Morning and Evening.

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1493 on: August 24, 2015, 08:32:00 PM »
in TAR 21 if Caitlin & Brittany's cyclerishaw didn't miss the U-turn board, I thought they would survive and Gary & Will ousted in indonesia (still 9th place curse for earliest team got U-turned at that time)
Leg 4 They might have a chance to survive if they choose the Pound the Cotton detour
From Leg 5 to leg 8, Monster trucks and the rockers eliminated for taking a MRT and losing passport, respectively
Leg 9 Caitlin & Britany might follow the twins' idea for U-turn Abbie & Ryan
F4 contains Twins, Blondes, Goat farmers and the chips 

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1494 on: August 25, 2015, 02:51:01 AM »
TAR21 What-ifs usually depend on whether a team would unlucky end up on Abbie & Ryan and Josh & Brent's flight or not.  :funny:

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1495 on: August 26, 2015, 09:06:06 PM »
TAR26:

Don't forget both legs in Malaysia in TARA 4 were self-driving car despite the traffic condition in Malaysia was poor

I doubt they'll use gear stick in Thailand leg (Esp. in Bangkok) but if they did, then yeah, Bergen & Kurt would probably got huge of penalty that make Harley & Jon survive.

I highly doubt they'll ever drive themselves in Bangkok though, it can easily causes accident that WRP wouldn't want to deal with due to huge load of Motorcyclists, jaywalking, merchants on the road and crazy traffic in Morning and Evening.
Don't forget the fact: Both legs in Malaysia of TARA4 were self-driving despite traffic condition in Malaysia was poorer than Thailand

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1496 on: September 06, 2015, 10:00:23 PM »
What if TAR Aus 2 had the Express Pass as the prize for the 1st Leg instead of the Salvage Pass?
In this case leg 3 most likely was NELs because of predetermined intersetion in leg 6 (with 8 teams)
11 Lucy & Emilia
10 Adam & Dane
9 Kym & Donna
8 James & Sarah (Ross & Tarryn use an EP to bypass leg 5 RB, James & Sarah got 4h penalty and MFE in leg 6)
7 Sticky & Sam
6 most likely Sue & Teresa
5 Paul & Steve
4 Joseph & Grace
F3 contains Ross & Tarryn, Michelle & Jo and Shandrew

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1497 on: September 06, 2015, 10:11:27 PM »
if harley & jonathan got the same flight with the other teams ( or with kurt & bergen ), how far would they go ?

Leg 4 would have Jeff & Jackie eliminated.
Leg 5 would have Bergen & Kurt eliminated.
Leg 6...don't know. They could be out here but we don't know their navigation skills.

Leg 4 I think would be Matt & Ashley instead.

Whenever we ask about TAR26 What ifs, we always have a problem when it comes to Leg 6.  :funny:
Unless Jeff & Jackie won 1st leg and got an EP, they would use it to bypass leg 6 detour, in this case Laura & Tyler eliminated, but in this case in leg 8 Aly & Steve can't be U-turned and without EP would jelani & jenny survived leg 8

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1498 on: September 17, 2015, 03:07:33 AM »
What if a team with the Save loses a passport?  :funny: :funny: :funny: Will this be a Save version of the JJ syndrome?  :funny: :funny: :funny:
and if a a team with the Save faces a flight(s) connecting drama like NFL in TAR 23 leg 3

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1499 on: September 30, 2015, 03:19:13 PM »
What if Gino & Jesse had been eliminated in leg 2 of TAR Canada 3? How far would Susan & Sharnjit would have made it? Who would have one? Who would have used all those U-Turns  (:;)
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman