Author Topic: The Amazing Race: What If  (Read 608643 times)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Re: The Amazing Race: What If
« Reply #1300 on: December 16, 2014, 06:31:32 PM »
What if every team on TAR24 had chosen the China Cup Detour (that ultimately went unused and was done in TAR25 instead)?

How would each of the teams react to the procedure? (Assuming it was the same as TAR25)
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1301 on: December 16, 2014, 06:32:45 PM »
^ imagine Team YouTube's reactions :cmaslol
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #1302 on: December 16, 2014, 06:33:47 PM »
^ imagine Team YouTube's reactions :cmaslol
Ear-deafening sounds from Joey. Absolutely nothing from Meghan since she barely talked on their seasons.

Offline Pi

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #1303 on: December 16, 2014, 06:34:08 PM »
Imagine Rachel's reaction  :cmaslol  :cmaslol
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1304 on: December 16, 2014, 06:37:47 PM »
Imagine Rachel's reaction  :cmaslol  :cmaslol
"The Amazing Race is supposed to be fun and good  :(" remake?

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1305 on: December 16, 2014, 06:44:04 PM »
TAR25 What Ifs:

1. What if Lisa & Michelle beat Michael & Scott to the Pit Stop? How far will they go? Will they get a better edit?
2. What if Dennis & Isabelle beat Shelley & Nici to the Pit Stop? How far will they go? Will they get a better edit?
3. What if Kym & Alli struggled badly at the sheep task, dropping them to last and eliminating them? How will the rest of the race go?

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1306 on: December 16, 2014, 08:17:01 PM »
TAR25 What Ifs:

1. What if Lisa & Michelle beat Michael & Scott to the Pit Stop? How far will they go? Will they get a better edit?
2. What if Dennis & Isabelle beat Shelley & Nici to the Pit Stop? How far will they go? Will they get a better edit?
3. What if Kym & Alli struggled badly at the sheep task, dropping them to last and eliminating them? How will the rest of the race go?

1. I think the edit will stay the same, since it is significant to the Firefighters falling behind. So... if firefighters were eliminated in Leg 1:
Leg 2: Dennis & Isabelle
Leg 3: Tim & TeJay (making the 9th place curse more effective :cmaslol )
Leg 4: NEL
Leg 5: Keith & Whitney
Leg 6: Shelley & Nici
Leg 7: NEL
Leg 8: Brooke & Robbie?
Leg 9: Kym & Alli
Leg 10: NEL
Leg 11: ZHPS
Summary: They'd be like CaroJen, and I wouldn't like them had they survived. :cmaslol

2. Edit might be better I guess. It wasn't fair for them not to have enough screentime. :(
If that happened:
Leg 2: Shelley & Nici
Leg 3: Michael & Scott
Leg 4: NEL
Leg 6: I think this is where Dennis & Isabelle's race would end. :cmas5
Assuming that happens, the rest of the race would still be the same. Assuming they survived:
Leg 6: Amy & Maya
Leg 8: Tim & TeJay
Leg 9: Kym & Alli
Leg 10: NEL
Leg 11: ZHPS
Summary: Dennis & Isabelle may replace Amy & Maya in F4.

3. Ah... better 9th place curse. :cmaslol :funny:
In that case:
Leg 3: Kym & Alli
Leg 4: Brooke & Robbie win the leg; NEL
Leg 6: Shelley & Nici or Firefighters
Leg 8: Tim & TeJay
Leg 9: Without Kym & Alli, there'd be no U-turn alliance with the other teams, so wrestlers won't be able to lie to candy girls. In that case, I think the loser of the fast forward takes the elimination.
Summary: Leg 9 becomes a bit unpredictable. :cmaslol

:cmas23

Now to add more: :reindeer
4. What if Leg 3 was a NEL and Leg 4 wasn't?
5. What if Leg 6 was a NEL and Leg 7 wasn't?
6. What if Tim & TeJay decided to switch detours (in Leg 8) earlier?
7. What if Kym & Alli didn't take the fast forward and weren't U-turned? (assuming they were ahead of everyone else that if someone would U-turn them, it'd have no effect)

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1307 on: December 16, 2014, 08:56:52 PM »
TAR25 What Ifs:

Now to add more: :reindeer
4. What if Leg 3 was a NEL and Leg 4 wasn't?
5. What if Leg 6 was a NEL and Leg 7 wasn't?
6. What if Tim & TeJay decided to switch detours (in Leg 8) earlier?
7. What if Kym & Alli didn't take the fast forward and weren't U-turned? (assuming they were ahead of everyone else that if someone would U-turn them, it'd have no effect)

6. Brooke & Robbie eliminated on Leg 8.
Leg 9 - Kym & Alli still.
F4 has TnT instead of Wrestlers

7. Amy & Maya eliminated OR (assuming that Scientists don't piss off Wrestlers) the Save is used
Leg 10 - Brooke & Robbie elim'd OR NEL
Leg 11 - KRL OR Amy & Maya eliminated.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1308 on: December 16, 2014, 09:15:52 PM »
What if the the save had to be given away?

What if tar 24 had a different cast and route?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 09:39:33 PM by alltsa »
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1309 on: December 16, 2014, 09:33:42 PM »
What if the tar 26 cast was different?

lol. discussing this = spoilers. so no-no-no-no-no.

Anyway.

What if in the Singapore leg on TAR 25, Kym and Allie decided to race the normal way and not go for the FF? I think they would have a good chance of reaching the U-TURN first and U-TURNing the Dentists.

And what if Broobie didn't lie to Amy and Maya about where the Merlion is?

THAT MEANS THE DENTISTS MAY HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED AND WE WILL HAVE 2 ALL-FEMALE TEAMS IN THE FINALE!!!

what if.. what if... until then.... what if.

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1310 on: December 16, 2014, 09:35:14 PM »
What if the tar 26 cast was different?

lol. discussing this = spoilers. so no-no-no-no-no.

Anyway.

What if in the Singapore leg on TAR 25, Kym and Allie decided to race the normal way and not go for the FF? I think they would have a good chance of reaching the U-TURN first and U-TURNing the Dentists.

And what if Broobie didn't lie to Amy and Maya about where the Merlion is?

THAT MEANS THE DENTISTS MAY HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED AND WE WILL HAVE 2 ALL-FEMALE TEAMS IN THE FINALE!!!

what if.. what if... until then.... what if.
The save says hi.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1311 on: December 16, 2014, 09:40:12 PM »
I think Leg 10 would become a NEL if the Save is used on Leg 9. :cmaslol

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1312 on: December 16, 2014, 09:42:20 PM »
What if the the save had to be given away?

What if tar 24 had a different cast and route?

For the 1st one, everybody (or almost everybody) would HATE it.

For the 2nd one, we'd have a better season if that happened. :xmas110

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1313 on: December 16, 2014, 10:52:06 PM »
What if tar gets cancelled? :cmas11 :cmas28 :cmas13
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1314 on: December 17, 2014, 01:51:14 AM »
I think Leg 10 would become a NEL if the Save is used on Leg 9. :cmaslol

Oh no the save says hi. :cmaslol

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1315 on: December 17, 2014, 09:25:06 PM »
From TAR 19 to TAR 23 if teams finished last in NEL legs got automatic U-turn in next leg (the exception is TAR 19 leg 5, in this case marked for elimination was used for Liz & Marie), what happened and who was called to TAR 24

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1316 on: December 19, 2014, 09:24:08 AM »
What happens with ratings if TAR first aired in 2000, competing with Survivor?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1317 on: December 19, 2014, 11:27:36 AM »
What happens with ratings if TAR first aired in 2000, competing with Survivor?
Better ratings obviously due to the unfortunate scheduling it first premiered on.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1318 on: December 19, 2014, 10:12:02 PM »
What if Kym & Alli were able to beat Amy & Maya to the Singaporean Pit Stop?

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1319 on: December 19, 2014, 10:14:48 PM »
What if Kym & Alli were able to beat Amy & Maya to the Singaporean Pit Stop?
probably a Kym & Alli victory depending on their directions and performance at the container yard
if not them its the Dentists who win
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1320 on: December 19, 2014, 10:18:09 PM »
Leg 10: I don't think any team would have had as bad luck as Brooke & Robbie. So Kym & Alli would be safe either way (as this was a NEL)
Leg 11: They COULD be last in this leg. I think the Roadblock was a little more physical than the other tasks we've seen earlier in the season. BUT... Keep on racing - SAFE
Leg 12: I don't think they had problems with navigation - they did lead Brooke & Robbie to the Pit Stop in Leg 3, so they would be fine there. Kym did the meal Roadblock in Denmark and she struggled a little bit, so I don't know how the memory task would have played out. Alli? I don't know. But I think they could have won :(

They picked a really bad leg to go out, lol, Leg 9 was basically the last elimination until the midleg elimination in Leg 12.

Offline TerraformingYou

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1321 on: December 19, 2014, 10:51:19 PM »
Now that Season 25 is over.. The What Ifs begin..

1. What if Keith and Whitney land on the first flight in Leg 1 to St. Thomas instead of Misti and Jim?
2. What if Michael and Scott lose the 3-way footrace in Leg 1?
3. What if Keith and Whitney lose the 3-way footrace in Leg 1?
4. What if Adam and Bethany decide not to go to the Express Pass because of fear of it being too risky?
5. What if Shelley and Nici were eliminated in Leg 2 instead of Dennis and Isabelle?
6. What if Tim and Te Jay were eliminated in Leg 3 instead of Michael and Scott?
7. What if Kym and Alli got bad directions and ended up being eliminated in Leg 3?
8. What if Misti and Jim got Kym and Alli's flight in Leg 4?
9. What if Keith and Whitney and Shelley and Nici did not fight in Leg 5?
10. What if Shelley and Nici U-Turn the Dentists in Leg 5?
11. What if Shelley and Nici did not get bad directions in Leg 6?
12. What if Adam and Bethany got the same flight as Misti and Jim instead of Kym and Alli in Leg 7?
13. What if Adam and Bethany got NEL'ed in Leg 7?
14. What if Tim and Te Jay switched detours earlier in Leg 8?
15. What if there was no equalizer after the knights task in Leg 8?
16. What if the blind detour in Leg 8 wasn't blind (as in teams know the details of each choice)?
17. What if Kym and Alli decide not to get the fast forward and not get U-Turned in Leg 9, who would they U-Turn?
18. What if Kym and Alli decide not to get the fast forward and get U-Turned in Leg 9?
19. What if Adam and Bethany decide not to get the fast forward in Leg 9?
20. What if Brooke and Robbie picked another field in Leg 10?
21. What if Amy was medically evacuated from Leg 11 instead of continuing to race?
22. What if Brooke and Robbie did not get lost in Leg 12?
23. What if Misti got her number right at her first try in the memory task in Leg 12, and Amy and Bethany don't?
24. What if Bethany got her number right at her first try in the memory task in Leg 12, and Amy and Misti don't?
25. What if Misti and Bethany got her number right at her first try in the memory task in Leg 12, and Amy doesn't?
26. What scenario would give each team that ended up not winning (from Miami Realtors to Dentists) to win The Amazing Race 25?

Sorry if too much.. I have too much to say xD

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1322 on: December 19, 2014, 11:50:34 PM »
Now that Season 25 is over.. The What Ifs begin..

1. What if Keith and Whitney land on the first flight in Leg 1 to St. Thomas instead of Misti and Jim?
2. What if Michael and Scott lose the 3-way footrace in Leg 1?
3. What if Keith and Whitney lose the 3-way footrace in Leg 1?
4. What if Adam and Bethany decide not to go to the Express Pass because of fear of it being too risky?
5. What if Shelley and Nici were eliminated in Leg 2 instead of Dennis and Isabelle?
6. What if Tim and Te Jay were eliminated in Leg 3 instead of Michael and Scott?
7. What if Kym and Alli got bad directions and ended up being eliminated in Leg 3?
8. What if Misti and Jim got Kym and Alli's flight in Leg 4?
9. What if Keith and Whitney and Shelley and Nici did not fight in Leg 5?
10. What if Shelley and Nici U-Turn the Dentists in Leg 5?
11. What if Shelley and Nici did not get bad directions in Leg 6?
12. What if Adam and Bethany got the same flight as Misti and Jim instead of Kym and Alli in Leg 7?
13. What if Adam and Bethany got NEL'ed in Leg 7?
14. What if Tim and Te Jay switched detours earlier in Leg 8?
15. What if there was no equalizer after the knights task in Leg 8?
16. What if the blind detour in Leg 8 wasn't blind (as in teams know the details of each choice)?
17. What if Kym and Alli decide not to get the fast forward and not get U-Turned in Leg 9, who would they U-Turn?
18. What if Kym and Alli decide not to get the fast forward and get U-Turned in Leg 9?
19. What if Adam and Bethany decide not to get the fast forward in Leg 9?
20. What if Brooke and Robbie picked another field in Leg 10?
21. What if Amy was medically evacuated from Leg 11 instead of continuing to race?
22. What if Brooke and Robbie did not get lost in Leg 12?
23. What if Misti got her number right at her first try in the memory task in Leg 12, and Amy and Bethany don't?
24. What if Bethany got her number right at her first try in the memory task in Leg 12, and Amy and Misti don't?
25. What if Misti and Bethany got her number right at her first try in the memory task in Leg 12, and Amy doesn't?
26. What scenario would give each team that ended up not winning (from Miami Realtors to Dentists) to win The Amazing Race 25?

Sorry if too much.. I have too much to say xD

I did that after one season. :cmaslol I think it's TAR23.

1. Tim & TeJay get the Save, Keith & Whitney don't finish 9th, Misti & Jim still safe though, Lisa & Michelle still eliminated in Leg 1. However, Tim & TeJay will most likely attempt using the Save on Leg 3, then use it properly on Leg 8, which will make Kym & Alli 6th in Singapore, Brooke & Robbie 5th in the Philippines (I assume TAR will change this NEL to EL if the Save is used), and then Tim & TeJay will end (probably) in 4th.

2. Michael & Scott in 11th, Dennis & Isabelle in 10th, Tim & TeJay in 9th, Keith & Whitney in 8th, Shelley & Nici in 7th, Brooke & Robbie in 6th, Kym & Alli in 5th, Lisa & Michelle may join F3 depending on their performance in Leg 12.

3. Keith & Whitney in 11th, Dennis & Isabelle in 10th, Michael & Scott in 9th, Amy & Maya or Lisa & Michelle in 8th, Shelley & Nici in 7th, Tim & TeJay in 6th, Kym & Alli in 5th, Lisa & Michelle may replace Amy & Maya in F3 depending on their performance in Leg 5.

4. Misti & Jim wouldn't risk it either. :cmaslol No EP this season, Adam & Bethany wouldn't get 1st in Leg 8, that's all. :cmaslol

5. Shelley & Nici in 10th, Michael & Scott in 9th, Keith & Whitney in 8th, Dennis & Isabelle can be eliminated here in 7th, and I think... the rest of the race stays the same. :cmaslol

6. Firstly, a better 9th place curse. :cmaslol I can never get over that. Anyway, Tim & TeJay in 9th, Keith & Whitney in 8th, Shelley & Nici in 7th, Brooke & Robbie in 6th, Kym & Alli in 4th, Michael & Scott have a chance of entering the F3 assuming they do really well in the rest of the legs.

7. I remember answering this in this thread a few posts ago. :cmaslol

8. Kym & Alli gets 1st, Misti & Jim get more time. Either Adam & Bethany or Misti & Jim will be NEL'd for that leg.

9. Keith & Whitney would still be last since they switched too late. Keith, however, will not regret fighting with Shelley. (read in an elimination interview)

10. It all depends on Keith & Whitney on how fast they're gonna do the other task. Otherwise, Misti & Jim burn their Save. If the latter one happens, Shelley & Nici in 8th (Leg 6), Tim & TeJay in 7th (Leg 8), Kym & Alli in 6th (Leg 9), Brooke & Robbie in 5th (Leg 10), and Keith & Whitney have a chance entering F3. TBH, Keith & Whitney are strong had they not messed up in Leg 5. They even got 1st earlier that leg.

:cmaslol I have to go. Does someone wanna help? :cmaslol

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1323 on: December 27, 2014, 06:42:23 PM »
What if TAR 25 Leg 6 was a NEL? Who would eliminated in Leg 7 in 7th place?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1324 on: December 27, 2014, 11:55:31 PM »
What if TAR 25 Leg 6 was a NEL? Who would eliminated in Leg 7 in 7th place?

Shelly & Nici NEL.  :cmaslol Tim & TeJay or Shelly & Nici will most probably out in Leg 7 on Sicily depend on Shelly & Nici detour choice.

If Shelly & Nici was eliminated, the F6 boot order still be the same. :cmaslol

If Tim & TeJay was eliminated:
Brooke & Robbie will probably be out in Malta due to taxi problem.
Kym & Alli still be eliminated in Singapore due to lost in FF battle.

Shelly & Nici in F4 is quite unpredictable as it depend on how fast they managed to search and reached the town hall and the 1st RB task before Misti & Jim as they have trouble to find the town hall.

Shelly & Nici might manage to continue race to the finish lines with Misti & Jim midpoint elimination, otherwise Shelly & Nici will get the F4 boot.

Shelly & Nici in F3 is really unpredictable for me. So I assume Amaya still won the race, with Shelly & Nici 2nd and Adam & Bethany 3rd.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 10:09:34 AM by 91zycn »
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.