Author Topic: The Amazing Race: What If  (Read 603438 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: The Amazing Race: What If
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2011, 12:08:51 PM »
I thought this was a "what if?" thread. :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2011, 12:11:20 PM »
What if Joyce decided not to shave her head? :mas25

That will probably not happen. :cmaslol

But whether or not it is likely is not the point of this thread.

If she had refused they could have been eliminated in that leg. Then Lynn and Alex probably would have been eliminated in Leg 10, sending Meredith and Gretchen to the finale.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2011, 12:14:49 PM »
If Lena and Kristy had not had so much trouble with the haybales in TAR6 they may have not been eliminated there. Also perhaps that task would not be considered interesting enough for a Switchback.
The effect this missing task would have had on the final five of TAR 15 has many possibilities. Another team could have faced the NEL on that leg and/or been eliminated in the next. If the Globetrotters were eliminated there Brian and Ericka would not have survived the final elimination, sending Gary and Matt to the final.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2011, 12:19:35 PM »
What if Joe & Heidi weren't eliminated? How far would they go? Though Jordeff would meet their fate I think though :cmaslol

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2011, 12:20:11 PM »
What if Joyce decided not to shave her head? :mas25

That will probably not happen. :cmaslol

But whether or not it is likely is not the point of this thread.

If she had refused they could have been eliminated in that leg. Then Lynn and Alex probably would have been eliminated in Leg 10, sending Meredith and Gretchen to the finale.

Prophet, you need to read the first post again if you don't get the point of this thread. The purpose of this thread is to post a What If situation, and then anyone is able to discuss on whether on not the What If scenario would have made sense or not. If you have a problem with it, I suggest you stay clear of this thread because a lot of people will be commenting on different scenarios and possibilities that will probably challenge the What If situation.

I said Uchenna and Joyce probably wouldn't have quit the FF because Joyce is determined to do the task for the team without having a second thought, thus challenging the What If situation proposed, do you have an issue with that? :cmas29

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2011, 12:21:38 PM »
I don't understand the point if people are just going to say "that wouldn't have happened." You could say that about every one if you want.

Example:
What if Kynt & Vyxsin U-Turned Nic & Don?

That's unlikely because they were behind them :wise

But it's your thread.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2011, 12:22:53 PM »
I thought this was a "what if?" thread. :lol:

This is completely for fun and the purpose of this thread is that it is completely pointless, but that doesn't mean we can't come together and discuss/share thoughts and opinions and what could probably happen if a particular scenario didn't happen/happen on the race.

Quoting this again because someone obviously didn't catch the idea it.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2011, 12:25:07 PM »
Oooh what if Heather/Eve read like lawyers and walked? How far would they go!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2011, 12:27:11 PM »
I don't understand the point if people are just going to say "that wouldn't have happened." You could say that about every one if you want. But it's your thread.

I propose this scenario that if Uchenna and Joyce didn't catch the flight on the finale, Romber would have won the race. That COULD have happened because it's a either OR situation.

But saying Joyce wouldn't have shaved her head when she did it without a second thought is like saying.. What If Gary and Mallory didn't join The Amazing Race 17.. would they have made it to Unfinished Business in third place? Because that is a fact which we can't deny. They did the race, got asked back for a second time and tada, there's not a What If situation proposed here. So let's just say.. that question about Joyce not doing the TAR 7 FF is a bad question. :)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2011, 12:28:16 PM »
Oooh what if Heather/Eve read like lawyers and walked? How far would they go!

They wouldn't have won the leg but I'm pretty sure they would have made it further than Andre and Damon. :cmaslol

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2011, 12:29:34 PM »
What if Brent & Catie hadn't U-Turned Carol & Brandy? Would it have become an epic finale yelling to each other and such?

What if Louie & Michael didn't team up with the Cowboys at the Intersection? Would they continue with their bad luck strike and be eliminated soon?

What if FRANZ wasn't so hard to order? Who would have won TAR 15?

What if Hayden & Aaron had found the lock sooner? Would they have had any chance at winning?

What if Millie & Chuck hadn't been so asleep in their last leg? Would they make it to the Final 3?

What if Chris and Alex weren't spared elimination?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2011, 12:29:59 PM »
I don't understand the point if people are just going to say "that wouldn't have happened." You could say that about every one if you want.

Example:
What if Kynt & Vyxsin U-Turned Nic & Don?

That's unlikely because they were behind them :wise

But it's your thread.

:cmaslol Kent and Vyxsin did U-TURN Nic and Don and it didn't happen because they were indeed behind them? What are you talking about? So what's the point of you trying to challenge something that doesn't make sense? Are you trying to challenge something for the sake of doing it? :cmas29

Prophet, please make sense. :cmas9

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2011, 12:32:11 PM »
I'm tired of arguing. :lol: But I do think this thread is fun ;D

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2011, 12:32:18 PM »
AND, what if Lena & Kristy had found the clue? Would it have been the first F/F team to reach the Final 3?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2011, 12:34:13 PM »
AND, what if Lena & Kristy had found the clue? Would it have been the first F/F team to reach the Final 3?

It could be, because the teams that were eliminated in future legs were generally worse than them and they could have hit one or both NEL's had they survived.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 12:37:20 PM by Prophet »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2011, 12:34:38 PM »
What if Brent & Catie hadn't U-Turned Carol & Brandy? Would it have become an epic finale yelling to each other and such?

I believe Carol and Brandy MIGHT survive the Singapore leg and make the FINAL 4 then. If they manage to beat Dan and Jordan who were in third place for both the China F4 legs, then I think they might go into the F3 with Brent and Caite. Then the brothers might be eliminated and Jet and Cord may win the race. :cmaslol (And then they won't be ask back for Unfinished Business) and another team will fill their spot for UB probably.. endless possibilities! :cmas27

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2011, 12:36:34 PM »
What if Brook & Claire were cast to do UB. Would they go far? Would they be eliminated early? Which team would they replace?

Me think that if they replaced Mel/Mike, Jaime & Cara would come in 10th, Zev & Justin 9th, Globetrotters in 4th, Gallory would have had problems with their taxi, and it would be an epic bicycle race between B/C and Kisha and Jen with Brook & Claire winning it all. :hearts:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2011, 12:37:00 PM »
I'm a huge Lena and Kristy fan... but I think they're not very good with directions and especially self-driving. Had they found the clue, they might survive beyond Don and MJ and maybe Gus and Hera.. but I'm not very sure if they will make the F3 because you'll need a little luck here and there to survive the race. Look at Adam/Rebecca, Dan/Andrew... :cmaslol

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2011, 12:37:23 PM »
Similarly if the midpoint of Leg 3 of TAR9 had not been a TBC Dave and Lori would have been eliminated. This would have caused Ray and Yolanda to be eliminated in Leg 5 and not make the final. Then Mojo could have potentially won.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2011, 12:38:22 PM »
What if Brook & Claire were cast to do UB. Would they go far? Would they be eliminated early? Which team would they replace?

Me think that if they replaced Mel/Mike, Jaime & Cara would come in 10th, Zev & Justin 9th, Globetrotters in 4th, Gallory would have had problems with their taxi, and it would be an epic bicycle race between B/C and Kisha and Jen with Brook & Claire winning it all. :hearts:

I like the idea of this. :cmaslol

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2011, 12:49:54 PM »
Here's one, if Mika and Canann had went down the slide and beat the globetrotters, do you think the globetrotters would then not have had a few more episodes to make an impression and thus not make the cast of Unfinished Business? And also, do you think Mika will be able to complete the RB both Maria and Tiffany cannot do and make the F5? If so, does this mean that do they have a shot at F4 or will Gary and Matt still check in 5th and eliminated in 5th place for 2 legs in a row? ???

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2011, 12:50:08 PM »
What if producers had realized about the no begging rules in Hungary and hadn't chosen the "TBC" option as an immediate option. Would we have met the TBC in future seasons?

What if there had been more Intersections?? Would we love them/hate them more? (I <3 them in TAR10, but the one in TAR16... eww)

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2011, 12:51:37 PM »
Here's one, if Mika and Canann had went down the slide and beat the globetrotters, do you think the globetrotters would then not have had a few more episodes to make an impression and thus not make the cast of Unfinished Business? And also, do you think Mika will be able to complete the RB both Maria and Tiffany cannot do and make the F5? If so, does this mean that do they have a shot at F4 or will Gary and Matt still check in 5th and eliminated in 5th place for 2 legs in a row? ???

So many teams making mistakes... I think they could have done good, and I'd have loved to see them more.

They could have substituted the Twatters in TAR:UB?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2011, 12:52:17 PM »
What if producers had realized about the no begging rules in Hungary and hadn't chosen the "TBC" option as an immediate option. Would we have met the TBC in future seasons?

What if there had been more Intersections?? Would we love them/hate them more? (I <3 them in TAR10, but the one in TAR16... eww)

We missed the possibility of an Intersection of Brent and Caite with Carol and Brandy. :cmaslol

I wouldn't mind seeing an Intersection in the earlier seasons as well.. and I would love to see BQs work with Lyn and Karlyn. :cmaslol (At the Final 4 or something)

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2011, 12:55:47 PM »
OMG, Intersection at the Final 4 is so epic and dramatic...

It would be cool to see 2 teams helping each other and seeing themselves in the final while 2 other teams are working together and are then told to race by their own, fighting to death against each other! YAY!