Author Topic: The Amazing Race: What If  (Read 603548 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race: What If
« Reply #250 on: January 21, 2012, 08:14:51 AM »
That's not what I understand. See the book "Circumnavigating the Globe: Amazing Race 10-14 and Amazing Race Asia 1-3" for the details. Preston and Jennifer got behind in the taxi from Milan - Malpensa airport to the train to Switzerland, which intersection happened north of Milan and south of the border. They did not get on the same train as the other Milan-landing teams and fell behind in episode 1. Out of the cheese task at Kleine Rugge Wiese they recovered to 10th place, but in Stechelberg their auditory skills were lacking and they went the wrong way in the parking lot. Christie/Jodi arrived at the pit stop just before they did.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 03:29:23 PM by apskip »

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #251 on: January 22, 2012, 12:51:36 AM »
That's not what I understand. See the book "Circumnavigating the Globe: Amazing Race 10-14 and Amazing Race Asia 1-3" for the details. Preston and Jennifer got behind in the bus from Milan - Malpensa airport to the train to Switzerland, which intersection happened north of Milan and south of the border. They did not get on the same train as the other Milan-landing teams and fell behind in episode 1. Out of the cheese task at Kleine Rugge Wiese they recovered to 10th place, but in Stechelberg their auditory skills were lacking and they went the wrong way in the parking lot. Steve/Linda arrived at the pit stop just before they did.

It was both apskip

Reality TV World: What led to you guys missing that first train in Milan?

Preston: [When we landed in Milan], we came off the plane and we were in first place. We got the first taxi and we were good to go.

Jennifer: We were first place for a long time.

Preston: Our taxi driver didn't speak any English, and we were telling him "Look, you need to take this specific exit, please don't go this way." We were like "No autostrado, no autostrado," whatever.

Anyway foreshadowing -- we should've known it was going to be a bad day -- but our taxi driver and one other team's were the only ones who didn't have a speedpass going through the tolls, and when we came out of there he missed the exit and he takes us into rush hour and we're stuck in traffic for maybe 45 minutes or an hour. Then we go to the wrong customs portion before we get to the train station and that takes another hour or hour-and-a-half. By the time we finally get to the train station we just missed the second train by like 20 minutes.

Reality TV World: About how far away was the train station from the airport?

Preston: Maybe an hour at the most?

Jennifer: About an hour [to an] hour-and-a-half. Of course we had to stop, so when all the other cars had speedpasses and they're just speeding on through, we lost our first place because our car had to stop and pay the toll. Then as soon as you pay the toll, that was the exit we were supposed to get off on, and all the other cars are getting off and we're like "We need to go this way, follow those cars." The [taxi driver] looks at us and is like "No," and he's like pointing up and we look up and there's this big sign [saying] that we're not supposed to take that way.

Preston: Right.

Jennifer: So we got stuck in customs for that two hours ultimately because... the  language barrier is pretty much what cost us that leg. We didn't speak his language and we're telling him to go this way and we're speaking to them in a foreign language and he kinda took his initiative and went the way he wanted to and it got us lost the first day. So thank God that [church] was just a stop and not a Pit Stop.

Reality TV World: Christie and Jodi were the last team to arrive [at the cheese challenge]. Do you know about how long after you had arrived that they got there and how much of a jump you had on them?

Jennifer: We had about 30-45 minutes.

Preston: Yeah, on the cheese hill?

Reality TV World: Yeah.

Preston: Well on the cheese hill we had about a 20 minute lead, and then after we got done...

Jennifer: (Interrupting) They got there as we were running off...

Preston: No, no, no, no. They were doing the cheese hill while we were doing the cheese hill.

Jennifer: See I didn't see them. I saw them running up.

Preston: They had to go back and get one more cheese after we got finished with ours. So we had a good 30 minute lead in the taxi on the way to the Pit Stop.

Reality TV World: Oh, okay. So what happened there? Did they have a quick cab? Did you have a slow one? Did you just get lost somewhere?

Preston: We still got there 35 minutes ahead of them, we just didn't have any money. None of the teams that took our flight, none of us had enough money to pay for our [taxis] at the end.

Jennifer: The important thing is Preston and I didn't spend any money during the way. The money that we spent was on transportation. We didn't eat, we spent zero dollars. So we didn't have enough money, and for our taxi we were 75 Francs short, so we get there and I'm begging the driver, who either spoke French or German I'm not sure, I'm begging him to let us go. And the other teams had already begged for money, so as we're begging for money everybody's like "No, we've already been hit up," so nobody was giving any money.

So we were begging and I finally went back to the taxi driver and he's yelling at me in this language "I need to be paid!" so I just decide, "Okay we're just gonna run." So we run to go to the Pit Stop, well we ran the wrong way, [we did] what they showed [Linda and Steve do on TV], everybody I think went that way because there were speakers going up the mountains that sounded like the yodelers, so it kinda seemed like you had to go up the mountain so that's what we all were doing.

Well we realized that it was the wrong way and we needed to go the opposite way that we were running. Preston and I got back into the little circle in town that we were running through initially and it was "Oh my God I can't believe we just went the wrong way, we're such idiots. Blah, blah blah."

Well, Jodie and Christie had just gotten out of their taxi cab and they heard that, and they're like "Hey." They started running and realized that we were running the wrong way, so then they turned around to go the other way, and then by that time it was just neck-and-neck. It was a footrace, literally a second apart, if that.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-jennifer-hopka-preston-mccamy-talk-the-amazing-race-8461.php

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #252 on: January 28, 2012, 06:22:32 PM »
What if Leg 2 in Season 19 was only a single elimination, and Ethan and Jenna were still in the race?

Leg 3: They could probably beat Kaylani and Lisa at the temple roadblock
Leg 4: Non-Elim
Leg 5: Liz and Marie cash problems
Leg 6: Non-Elim
Leg 7: Justin and Jennifer struggled at fish delivery roadblock
Leg 8: Laurence and Zac got lost and struggled in Denmark
Leg 9: Non-Elim (However 1 non-elim must turn to an elimination and assuming Ethan and Jenna beat Bill and Cathi
Leg 10: Maybe beat Amani and Marcus after bird finding task
Leg 11: Andy and Tommy struggle to find Panama Viejo
Leg 12: Final 3

I think Ethan and Jenna could have gone far. What do you all think?

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #253 on: January 28, 2012, 06:29:29 PM »
I doubt they would make it past Borodbur. I don't think the other teams would've helped them out and thus, they would be eliminated.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #254 on: February 14, 2012, 01:46:29 AM »
What if Amanda and Kris have beated Ron and Cristina in Junction Mine?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

addie

« Reply #255 on: February 14, 2012, 08:53:32 AM »
What if Millie and Chuck did win the footrace with Kelly and Jon?

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #256 on: February 15, 2012, 04:23:32 PM »
What if Amanda and Kris have beated Ron and Cristina in Junction Mine?
Leg 3: They could probably beat out Mel & Mike with hypothermia.
Leg 4: Non-Elimination
Leg 5: Depends who did the dinosaur roadblock. If Amanda did it, they might of been eliminated, but if Kris did it, they would probably beat Jaime & Cara.
Leg 6: Margie & Luke and the globetrotters struggle with the tea roadblock (M/L) and the Hindu Art Detour (FT/BE)
Leg 7: Toss up because of no Ron and Christina, might be eliminated or Kent and Vyxsin eliminated.
Leg 8: Non-Elimination
Leg 9: Jet & Cord were U-Turned and struggled in Liechtenstein, Amanda/Kris would survive (Unless they were U-Turned Again!)
Leg 10: Toss Up because Kent and Vyxsin would be gone. May be eliminated or Zev and Justin would be eliminated.
Leg 11: Toss Up because Zev and Justin are gone.
Leg 12: Final 3

I do not think Amanda & Kris would make final 3. I think they would have eliminated in Leg 7 in 7th place. They have the possibility of making Final 3, but there are too many ifs.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #257 on: February 15, 2012, 09:35:19 PM »
I think that if Nancy & Emily had switched Detours instead of just giving up after losing the Fast-Forward to Bill & Joe, they would have still been in the Race as Team Guido got complacent and arrived after everyone else had arrived!  Then Nancy & Emily might have had a chance to beat Kevin & Drew and make it to the Final 3, but they would have needed to switch Detours early enough to have much of a chance to catch up to the first two teams.

Actually, Nancy/Emily would have almost surely made it into the Final Three, with a fair shot at winning, too!

If they'd taken the bus instead of the taxi to Krabi, they'd have their Fast Forward left, meaning they could have skipped the Hours of Operation trap that forced Kevin/Drew and Joe/Bill one full day behind. Joe/Bill would have been eliminated in Krabi, and Kevin/Drew would have made for a very unclimatic fourth-place finish a day behind everyone else in Beijing. The final three teams then make it all the way to New York on the same plane...

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #258 on: February 16, 2012, 07:44:35 AM »
what if based on the vague roadblock description that lead into a mental task "who's ready to get tanked?" from leg 1 unfinished business resulted in big easy taking the roadblock? keeping in mind his poor performance history with such tasks

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #259 on: February 16, 2012, 10:01:34 AM »
what if based on the vague roadblock description that lead into a mental task "who's ready to get tanked?" from leg 1 unfinished business resulted in big easy taking the roadblock? keeping in mind his poor performance history with such tasks

He would have gotten help from Justin, just like Flight Time did.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #260 on: February 16, 2012, 08:33:10 PM »
I think that if Nancy & Emily had switched Detours instead of just giving up after losing the Fast-Forward to Bill & Joe, they would have still been in the Race as Team Guido got complacent and arrived after everyone else had arrived!  Then Nancy & Emily might have had a chance to beat Kevin & Drew and make it to the Final 3, but they would have needed to switch Detours early enough to have much of a chance to catch up to the first two teams.

Actually, Nancy/Emily would have almost surely made it into the Final Three, with a fair shot at winning, too!

If they'd taken the bus instead of the taxi to Krabi, they'd have their Fast Forward left, meaning they could have skipped the Hours of Operation trap that forced Kevin/Drew and Joe/Bill one full day behind. Joe/Bill would have been eliminated in Krabi, and Kevin/Drew would have made for a very unclimatic fourth-place finish a day behind everyone else in Beijing. The final three teams then make it all the way to New York on the same plane...

And we don't have to wait 10 seasons for Lyn and Karlyn to be the first all-female team in the final 3... :iok

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #261 on: February 17, 2012, 05:52:28 AM »

furthering the original scenario, what if he had taken longer in the tank for whatever reason and zev and justin are long gone before they can ask for help...

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #262 on: February 17, 2012, 10:51:34 PM »

furthering the original scenario, what if he had taken longer in the tank for whatever reason and zev and justin are long gone before they can ask for help...

Probably 9th place, or worst case scenario, 10th place as Jet & Cord also had problems. It wouldn't have effected the race much as the first leg was non-elimination.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #263 on: February 17, 2012, 11:13:24 PM »
What if Meredith and Gretchen made it to the Final Three?

That would have eliminated Uchenna and Joyce... which means... Do you think it will be a one-way Romber race or will Meredith and Gretchen miraculously make it on Romber's flight too and then since Romber had problems with their cab.. what if Meredith and Gretchen got an awesome cab??

Would they have a good chance of winning? :lol:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #264 on: February 17, 2012, 11:32:05 PM »
What if Laurence and Zac had checked in before Jeremy and Sandy? They can choose TinTin in the unaired Belgium B Detour task!!!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #265 on: February 20, 2012, 07:40:58 AM »
What. If. Misa. and. Maiya. Saw. Phil. At. The. Pitstop.

How many of you would have been shocked to death that Joey and Danny are first ones eliminated?

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #266 on: February 21, 2012, 09:53:20 PM »

How many of you would have been shocked to death that Joey and Danny are first ones eliminated?

Then we won't have the villain team for this season (:;) But, I think Brendon & Rachel are also one of the candidates for villain team :hoot: Go, Brendon & Rachel!

TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #267 on: February 22, 2012, 06:37:07 PM »
What if Meredith and Gretchen made it to the Final Three?

That would have eliminated Uchenna and Joyce... which means... Do you think it will be a one-way Romber race or will Meredith and Gretchen miraculously make it on Romber's flight too and then since Romber had problems with their cab.. what if Meredith and Gretchen got an awesome cab??

Would they have a good chance of winning? :lol:
I do think they had a good chance of beating U/J in the London leg had they gone for the Brains instead of the Brawn detour. Meredith seemed like a pretty patient guy, so he could've easily pulled out a good finish in the double decker bus roadblock. Once the final 3 got to Jamaica, the main problem for M/G would've been the limbo roadblock, because realistically speaking, I doubt Gretchen is in enough physical condition to go down as low as Amber and Kelly did, so they would've been on the last flight, but they have a chance at making it up in the Tee It Up detour, because it doesn't require anything physically demanding. It would definitely be a tight race for 2nd with Ron & Kelly, because with how dysfunctional the two of them were, their arguing would've slowed them down enough that M/G could edge out a finish. In case Meredith & Gretchen get the NEL penalty, I think they'd have an easier time with getting money, because let's face it, who wouldn't find it easy to give money to an older couple. Once all 3 teams get to Miami, we can count out Ron & Kelly, because Kelly was such a terrible navigator that there's no way they'd find the airport on time. Assuming the pilot is kind enough to let Meredith & Gretchen on the flight, then whoever wins is up in the air, because the whole task where they had to find the cigar shop was more based on luck than anything else, because as we saw in the real show, it was essentially the taxi driver who determined who finished first and who got second.

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #268 on: February 23, 2012, 05:58:16 AM »
what if the express pass were introduced one season earlier?
jordan and jeff would win it!
this is a sticky wicket because besides anti jordeff fans absolutely dying, i could see it being used on any leg from argentina until their elimination in france. if they did use it on the leg that was their last and they eliminated brent and caite instead they would have made it at least as far as malaysia...
what do you think?

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #269 on: March 04, 2012, 11:44:38 PM »
Season 12 questions

What if Ron was supportive of Chris from the start?
What if Ron & Chris won TAR 12? Who would be cast on Season 18?

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #270 on: March 06, 2012, 12:06:34 AM »
What if Ron was supportive of Chris from the start?
They will win more than three legs

What if Ron & Chris won TAR 12? Who would be cast on Season 18?
Ron & Chris will get a million dollars :lol: I dunno who will be the cast for Season 18, but I think it is Kent & Vyxsin and T.K. & Rachel (Or they better pick Nathan & Jennifer :hrt:)

What if Ken & Tina didn't help Dan & Andrew in Blurry Eyed Detour in India? Do you think Kelly & Christy will survive?
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #271 on: March 06, 2012, 03:22:07 AM »
What if Ken & Tina didn't help Dan & Andrew in Blurry Eyed Detour in India? Do you think Kelly & Christy will survive?

Yep, without a doubt.

What if Elliot and Andrew survived the leg, besides Vanessa and Ralph getting eliminated, how far more would they probably go?

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #272 on: March 06, 2012, 02:51:20 PM »
Elliot & Andrew were the last team on the mat from the first flight. They beat only the Clowns on the second leg. If they managed to survive this leg, they wouldn't last much longer.

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
« Reply #273 on: March 06, 2012, 10:37:02 PM »

Then we won't have the villain team for this season (:;) But, I think Brendon & Rachel are also one of the candidates for villain team :hoot: Go, Brendon & Rachel!

How are Joey & Danny and Brendon & Rachel villain teams? REALLY??? Were they mean and rude to the other teams? Or is your definition of villain, a team you hate.
Whatever!  :duno:
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #274 on: March 06, 2012, 11:40:34 PM »

How are Joey & Danny and Brendon & Rachel villain teams? REALLY??? Were they mean and rude to the other teams? Or is your definition of villain, a team you hate.
Whatever!  :duno:

Joey and Danny are not villians, RACHEL IS THE VILLIAN! She is a total b**** who doesn nothing but cry, :'( be mean, be fake, or be dumb. :umn:  :groan: