Author Topic: The Amazing Race: What If  (Read 603476 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: The Amazing Race: What If
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2011, 10:30:43 AM »
What if Zach had not forced Flo not to quit at some point? :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2011, 10:31:50 AM »
If Linda and Karen had not been NEL in Leg 5 they would not have made such a long run. Instead that NEL could have fallen to Charla and Mirna in Leg 7. They had their lowest finish that day and proved they could go to a final in TAR11 so they might have again.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2011, 10:32:42 AM »
What if Victor had not gotten Margie and Luke to Uturn Amanda and Kris?

What if Amanda and Kris had not been Auto Uturned in TAR18?

What if Tammy and Victor did not Uturn Kisha and Jen? = Bathroom break and taxis don't matter?

All good questions!

Amanda & Kris were such strong competitors that they could've made it very far on both seasons, if it hadn't been for those U-Turns. How far exactly, it is hard to predict.

As for the Kisha & Jen U-Turn - they definitely would've survived, assuming that 'Chinese Waiter' Detour took a fair bit of time. :cmas5

I don't remember Victor being the reason Amanda and Kris were U-TURNed. I am very sure Margie and Luke wanted to get rid of a stronger team. With such strong teams in TAR 14.. I'm not sure if Amanda and Kris would have made it further than F7.. but I'm pretty sure they will win at least a leg... not sure if they will win because the teams were really strong in SEASON 14.

If Amanda and Kris were not auto U-TURNed, Ronald and Christina will be the first team eliminated. (Pretty sure, unless they really suck at directions to the pitstop) Which I'll loathe as I like Ron and Chris. Again, I'm not very sure if they will make it far.. because people keep deeming them as a strong team but look, they fell far behind enough to be U-TURNed by Margie and Luke, they solved the starting line clue last, reached the first pit-stop in second only to lose the lead because they couldn't find the sign-up list and ended up on the 2nd departure time. Let's just say their luck either sucks or they're not good racers after all.

Again, the U-TURN is too far in front of the episode to decide whether they will survive. I think they might, but they were actually before Jaime and Cara at the Roadblock anyway and still lost their lead.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2011, 10:35:18 AM »
What if Dustin & Kandice hadn't driven past the olive grinding challenge in Morocco? (TAR10) :cmas4 :cmas4 :cmas4

Rob & Kimberly would have been marked for elimination, but since they came in first in the next leg and Dustin & Kandace last, it would not have change anything I think :cmas5

Good point! :cmas16 I had forgotten that Rob & Kimberly won the next leg.

I will disagree with you both. Yes, Rob/Kimberly would have finished last in AR10 Ep. 11 at the Berber camp and become Marked for Elimination. That would have given Rob/Kimberly the necessity of making up 30 minutes on a DETOUR and possibly influenced their choice of which option to take and probably how quickly they finished. Could they have made up 30 minutes against any of the other teams? I don't think so.

True, but if they finished first, their 30 minute penalty would not apply. Assuming they chose the 'Lob It', I'm pretty sure that they would still finish first, in which case they would not be penalised. However, if they went with 'Lug It', they would definitely have gone home. :cmas16

What if Zach had not forced Flo not to quit at some point? :lol:

This is just epic! :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2011, 10:36:52 AM »
@Joab: Victor said in a review article for TAR 16 that he convinced Margie and Luke that Amanda and Kris were a strong team.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2011, 10:40:15 AM »
What if Joyce decided not to shave her head? :mas25

That will probably not happen. :cmaslol

@Joab: Victor said in a review article for TAR 16 that he convinced Margie and Luke that Amanda and Kris were a strong team.

Prophet, the key word here is convinced. The problem is, if Margie and Luke didn't think so themselves that Amanda and Kris were a strong team they wouldn't have bothered to U-TURN them too. Victor may have his own opinion but I guess Margie and Luke can see from themselves that Amanda and Kris could have been a strong contender and decided to use the U-TURN to put them out of the competition.

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2011, 10:41:50 AM »
What if Lyn & Karlyn went to the right airport? Would they arrived before Tyler & James? Would they have tickets for the flight and not T/J? Would they have the good T/J taxi, beating Rob & Kimberly and being the first all-female team too win? :cmaslol

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2011, 10:42:09 AM »

If only Margie & Luke had U-Turned Tammy & Victor instead... :cmas4 :cmas4 That would've been great!

Lol, I just realised it is 3:35am in the morning here! I've been so caught up in this thread for the last hour or so I have lost track of time!

Enjoy the discussions, I'm off to bed! :cmaslol :nitenite: :gnite:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2011, 10:42:58 AM »
What if Dustin & Kandice hadn't driven past the olive grinding challenge in Morocco? (TAR10) :cmas4 :cmas4 :cmas4

Rob & Kimberly would have been marked for elimination, but since they came in first in the next leg and Dustin & Kandace last, it would not have change anything I think :cmas5

Good point! :cmas16 I had forgotten that Rob & Kimberly won the next leg.

I will disagree with you both. Yes, Rob/Kimberly would have finished last in AR10 Ep. 11 at the Berber camp and become Marked for Elimination. That would have given Rob/Kimberly the necessity of making up 30 minutes on a DETOUR and possibly influenced their choice of which option to take and probably how quickly they finished. Could they have made up 30 minutes against any of the other teams? I don't think so.

I am very sure that if they did what they did for the entire leg they would still come in first. But with the 30 minutes penalty they MIGHT have gone with the boys and BQs to do the slower yet harder detour. That might seal Rob and Kimberly's fate like the BQ's. But I think Rob and Kimberly might still finish ahead of the BQ's but still eliminated because they did not come in first and receive 30 mins penalty.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2011, 10:43:30 AM »
What if Lyn & Karlyn went to the right airport? Would they arrived before Tyler & James? Would they have tickets for the flight and not T/J? Would they have the good T/J taxi, beating Rob & Kimberly and being the first all-female team too win? :cmaslol

That would be a nightmare! I simply hated that team. I don't think I have ever disliked anyone in the race more that Karlyn.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2011, 10:45:08 AM »

The final leg of TAR 10 is designed in such a way that if you're not physically fit, you probably won't win. (I read it somewhere, can't remember.. they have to run to different locations blocks away) There was no way Bama could have won even if they made the final location along with Rob/Kim and Tyler/James! (Unless they got some super cab driver or what)

But if Tyler and James taxi didn't have the pass, it might have resulted in a close finish between Tyler and James and Rob and Kim!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2011, 10:46:01 AM »

That would be a nightmare! I simply hated that team. I don't think I have ever disliked anyone in the race more that Karlyn.

I completely agree! One of the very few all-female teams that I disliked (although Lyn was not part of the problem) and the only other ones would have to be Danielle & Dani and Carol & Brandy.

This time, I really am off to bed! :cmaslol

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2011, 10:46:36 AM »

I completely agree! One of the very few all-female teams that I disliked (although Lyn was not part of the problem) and the only other ones would have to be Danielle & Dani and Carol & Brandy.

This time, I really am off to bed! :cmaslol

See you tomorrow, racer! :cmas9

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2011, 10:48:29 AM »
I know, I think Tyler and James winning as a result of the EZ Pass is an underlooked moment of TAR because it was so random! :lol: I didn't like that there was no final memory task that year.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2011, 10:49:12 AM »
Joab's 4th item on his original list was:
4. If Jeremy and Sandy didn't lose too much time at "The Dump", do you think they had a chance in winning or will Ernie and Cindy still beat them to it?

I think it could have been decided by the taxi drivers going from Turner Field to Swan House, but the probability is that Jeremy/Sandy would have won if they maintained a 20 minute lead getting to "The Dump" (Margaret Mitchell version). Ernie was much slower than Sandy on the typewriting ROADBLOCK, so let's say that Jeremy/Sandy would have gained 5 to 10 minutes additional lead. given Jeremy's good performance, they would have lost only 5 minutes of that at Turner Field. given an equal time for the taxi ride to Swan House, that would have given Jeremy/Sandy the win by 20 to 25 minutes.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2011, 10:53:53 AM »

What if TK and Rachel had not been Speed Bumped in Leg 9? = Nathan and Jennifer going to the F3.
How is this possible? The SpeedBump (running through fireworks and being doused with water) was easy and did not take up much time, but it did take some time. The lack of that only would have improved the position of TK and Rachel in AR20 ep. 2. They probably would still have been second, only behind by a smaller margin. It would have had no impact on Nathan/Jennifer being eliminated. Prophet, what is your logic on why it should have changed the outcome of this leg?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2011, 10:54:05 AM »
Joab's 4th item on his original list was:
4. If Jeremy and Sandy didn't lose too much time at "The Dump", do you think they had a chance in winning or will Ernie and Cindy still beat them to it?

I think it could have been decided by the taxi drivers going from Turner Field to Swan House, but the probability is that Jeremy/Sandy would have won if they maintained a 20 minute lead getting to "The Dump" (Margaret Mitchell version). Ernie was much slower than Sandy on the typewriting ROADBLOCK, so let's say that Jeremy/Sandy would have gained 5 to 10 minutes additional lead. given Jeremy's good performance, they would have lost only 5 minutes of that at Turner Field. given an equal time for the taxi ride to Swan House, that would have given Jeremy/Sandy the win by 20 to 25 minutes.

There was an interview which said J/S arrived an hour and a half behind Ernie and Cindy. I'm not very sure whether J/S lost all those time solving "The Dump" but i'm not sure if they would have won... but definitely there would be a much more intensive race rather than a one-sided finale.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2011, 10:56:00 AM »

What if TK and Rachel had not been Speed Bumped in Leg 9? = Nathan and Jennifer going to the F3.
How is this possible? The SpeedBump (running through fireworks and being doused with water) was easy and did not take up much time, but it did take some time. The lack of that only would have improved the position of TK and Rachel in AR20 ep. 2. They probably would still have been second, only behind by a smaller margin. It would have had no impact on Nathan/Jennifer being eliminated. Prophet, what is your logic on why it should have changed the outcome of this leg?

If TK and Rachel had not been Speedbumped, they would have made the train anyway?? I am with apskip here... Nathan and Jennifer would have been eliminated with or without TK and Rachel's Speedbump. Their demise was due to them getting lost, if my memory did not fail me.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2011, 11:03:26 AM »
Lyn/Karlyn were second before the clue to fly to New York City was received. That is when they elected to go to Paris-Orly Airport. If they had gone direct to Charles de Gaulle instead, they would have gotten into the queue for a full flight behind Tyler and James, who got confirmed seats before it was full. That means it is possible that neither Lyn and Karlyn (who were not as charming as Rob and Kimberly) nor Rob and Kimberly would have gotten on that flight. The victory would have been sealed for Tyler/James at that point. If they did get on that flight it would have been either a 2 team or 3 team race. I don't see Lyn and Karlyn getting the smooth journey that Tyler/James did to the news building, on foot to the statue and then in a taxi to Garrison. Tyler and James would still have won unless there was differential taxi karma.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2011, 11:21:45 AM »

I'm guessing he meant "What if TK & Rachel were eliminated in Leg 9 instead of it being an NEL?"  :cmas5
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2011, 11:28:18 AM »
I'm guessing he meant "What if TK & Rachel were eliminated in Leg 9 instead of it being an NEL?"  :cmas5

Yes, that is what I meant. Thanks Mug! :<3

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2011, 11:29:00 AM »
That would be impossible because I don't think they have done a F3 NEL ever since TAR 9. :cmaslol Just my opinion.

Especially before the start of TAR 12 we had rumours that there wasn't even going to be any NELs and it will be completely a short race. That was why TAR 12 remains till today to be the only season with the shortest route, filmed in the shortest days (I THINK) and only 2 NELs at F4 and F5. That's why I think it is impossible for a NEL to be placed at that point and only 3 teams remaining to go into Taiwan. That will make the race completely boring for that 1 hour episode.

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2011, 11:59:58 AM »
What if Jaime & Cara didnt get u-turned? Would they have been able to finish the dinosaur Roadblock before Zev & Justin?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2011, 12:06:15 PM »
What if Jaime & Cara didnt get u-turned? Would they have been able to finish the dinosaur Roadblock before Zev & Justin?

Highly Unlikely. They didn't reach the task in last place. It was the Roadblock that did them in.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2011, 12:07:23 PM »

It reportedly took them 4 hours to finish, so what's the probability that Zev and Justin were slow enough to be passed by Jaime and Cara? Close to nil is my guess.